normans, casuals and corporate mindsets

Games itselves being shit?

Xbox Live
People who use Xbox Live

>normans, casuals
So Tetris?

Literally this

Gamers.
Pathetic bunch of shiteating betas who couldn't comprehend how media should work in the age of interactivity

Let's players and micro-transactions/DLCs

the "diversity initiative"

The problem is that games are afraid of being games. Everyone is demanding that they be movies, or art, or graphical demos that cost countless millions to fund.

They also have a problem with agenda being pushed, especially ones that don't make the games better.

Jews.

Catering to new generations of younger people

The steadily rising cost of making games that most people consider "decent". Not great, but good enough to pay some money for. It's why we don't see hidden gems on consoles anymore, nobody has the budget to make something more than an indie game, but not a AAA.

(You) did.

Consoles.

and this

You ruined video games OP

Fuck you

People who unironically refer to themselves as gamers killed video games.
Runner up: e-sports

drm

Jews and SJW's

>LPs
>Lazy devs who aim their games to the casual/normie audience
>Microtransactions
>Jews
>DLCs
>Gaming "journalism"

Casuals can't into Tetris.

increasing graphics capability
it's the reason people stopped making good games, and started making good trailers

>normans
You talking shit brah?

Trip fags like you ruin videogames

Vidya gaemes are doing better now than ever. But if there will be anything that kills the vidya, it's the corporate culture of milking things for every penny.

>Lazy devs who aim their games to the casual/normie audience
>blaming devs for going where the money is

>e-sports
Fighting games would have died entirely in the mid 2000s if not for EVO unless you like those awful PS2 Mortal Kombat games.
It's only the best selling game of all time, you stupid tripfag cunt.

the party system

>mass-appeal
>Halo
>Microsoft period
>horse armor
>Twitch streaming
>e-sports
>Anita Sarkeesian

Pick from any of those.

Fan bases and prioritizing graphics and launch window over quality game play.

>Halo
People took inspiration from Halo without understanding what made Halo or Bungie as a studio back then work.
>Microsoft period
Early Xbox and 360 were pretty good, especially for niche Japanese games like Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon and Vesperia.
>e-sports
See >Anita Sarkeesian
She would never have gotten popular if faggots didn't inadvertently make her popular. She doesn't even have an effect on video games.
>but she was working on mirror's edge 2
That was a rumour that was disproven. The game would have still been bad with or without her.

Go watch a casual play Tetris you fucking faggot, they can't play for shit.

The Souls series have sold in the millions. How many people do you think are semi decent at them?

Casuals can't into Dark Souls either.

Exactly.

So exactly how did casuals ruin either Tetris or Dark Souls?

Open world, dlc and multiplayer mean I write off 90% of games from the get-go. The rest manage to royally fuck sonething else up. Those are the 3 main things for me though.

I will always rather have linear than open world.
I will always rather have no dlc than any dlc.
I will always rather play single player than multiplayer.

The original point was casuals ruined video games but Tetris is loved by the masses, even if they're not good at it. So the whole idea of normalfags ruining video games falls in on itself. For fucks sake, Doom was big enough for Friends to make a gag about it. That's something a 14 year old, black metal listening edgy kid who browses doomworld forums all wouldn't understand.

>people who actually play video games are killing video games

kek

>People took inspiration from Halo without understanding what made Halo or Bungie as a studio back then work.
And now, regardless, Call of BattleStrike of Wars (along with sports and sandboxes) are the blunt of what high-profile developers focus on every year.

>Early Xbox and 360 were pretty good
Games-wise this is true, the problem herein lies in the scummy console/publisher practices M$ set forth that EA, Activision, Sony and even Nintendo now practice as a result.

>Fighting games would have died entirely in the mid 2000s if not for EVO unless you like those awful PS2 Mortal Kombat games.
Then, yes. Now, it's why SFV came out a rushed hot mess, along with what many multiplayer shooters and the PC dev-base gamble their funds on. Also among the main reasons Valve is fucking dead outside of Steam.

>[Anita] doesn't even have an effect on video games.
On the smaller side of the spectrum, it's why the journalist media talks non-stop about it and why Ubisoft/EA/Bioware/2K/etc have made forced racial-tensions and "character quotas" in their games. On the larger-side, it's being used to promote political bias/agendas, quietly define who is even hired into developers and even censoring content (not even talking about weebshit).

This.

>And now, regardless, Call of BattleStrike of Wars (along with sports and sandboxes) are the blunt of what high-profile developers focus on every year.
It's cos they sell. Shooters have been like this since Halo, yeah. It's current status it's probably more CoD4 and MW2. Same with sanboxes and GTA Vice City/San Andreas. Sports games also always sell, I'd hardly call them as high profile as CoD..
>Games-wise this is true, the problem herein lies in the scummy console/publisher practices M$ set forth that EA, Activision, Sony and even Nintendo now practice as a result.
Care to elaborate? That's a broad, kinda vague statement. Go into specifics and how MS started them.
>Then, yes. Now, it's why SFV came out a rushed hot mess, along with what many multiplayer shooters and the PC dev-base gamble their funds on. Also among the main reasons Valve is fucking dead outside of Steam.
Fair point but I think a lot of those are special cases of pants on head retardation on the devs behalf.
>the journalist media talks non-stop about it
Games journalism has always been fucking retarded, man. No one should take them seriously.
>promote political bias/agendas
>censoring content
Specifics? All I can think of is R Mika.

I was specifically talking about Tetris though, not OPs point. Casuals and normies didn't ruin Tetris and Tetris didn't ruin gaming, which is what the post I responded to seems to imply.

can we stop pretending video games were a niche thing pre 2007?

esports = money, no mother fucker plays an esport cause they like the game. Evo was made by the community for the community, no one played for money, it was for glory. You dont know shit, stick to your league of pussies faggot

Of course not, people on this board don't know that arcades in the 80s were populated by more than just fat, greasy, sweaty nerds.

>blaming devs for going where the money is
That doesn't make it any less true.

Confirmed newfag.

This site was much, much better during the 2004-8 period. The board culture was far more intelligent/mischievous/energetic. Raids and pranks were common place. The people were more angry/defiant/stubborn.

Normies ruin everything they touch because they are low-IQ, uncreative, emotionally vapid, ego driven monkies. They do everything to fit in with others and scold anyone who doesn't. They completely lack the mental and emotional sophistication to appreciate anything beyond very basic and primitive culture. They "appreciate" art only to fit in and recieve validation from their dumb little peer groups, not because they actually appreciate art.

Chad aside, most normies are sub-human sheepies. I don't care if you call me edgy or autistic, this is 100% true. They are trendy human cattle.

Spammed emojies and leet speak were not intelligent discussion, fake old fag

toxic communities/masculinity mainly

Achievements/trophies. So glad the switch didn't include that cancer. A step in the right direction.

>They completely lack the mental and emotional sophistication to appreciate anything beyond very basic and primitive culture.

?

The mass realization that there's almost no accountability in online multiplayer. This includes the weak "bantz" a lot of you like to spew. 90% of the crap people do in online games wouldn't have flown in an arcade, at a LAN party, or at Billy's house down the street.
And then once the realization set in, the culture shifted to embrace it. That's when it was well and truly dead.

>playing cod fifa and halo means you play video games

kek

Women.

>normans
almost a whole millenia has passed and the Anglos are still buttblasted over getting their shit pushed in LOL

normalfags and greed corps like ea

The media being completely and unabashedly bias and unable to review anything with a sense of humility. 99% of reviewers out there are still trying to validate a career that got them made fun of growing up (and still does by other adults) by giving every game that isn't a steaming pile of shit scores of 8/10 or higher.

Youtube "let's players" and retarded normies that buy every single DLC and praising DLC.

he meant normies, you unfunny dumbass

How about you go and choke on a dick, you fucking faggot?

Sup Forums and its userbase have literally no impact on the industry whatsoever

this was the turning point

this nigga gets it.

I agree, but I think I agree more with the PS2 being the one that started what gaming is now today.

Are you sure?! What an uptight cunt.

Paid Online, Having games become more like movies, loads of paid DLC for games

tripcodes ruined videogames

popularity

youtube.com/watch?v=NRIr9MNmCwU

Poor consumer practices made by companies and the new majority of terrible consumers who forgo their own consumer rights to eat any slop companies shit out and defend them.

Defending companies for shit practices has to stop.

GTA 3

>playing video games means you dont play video games

Nothing wrong with games. You just lost interest in them.

CoD season pass has been added to your account

Early access and their success, especially in unfinished sandbox games. Pre-orders, too.

After all, why make a finished product when it's been proven times and times that people will buy it and its sequels anyways.

Don't worry, they are just dressed as girls