Name a single game that uses online elements in a way more creative than pic related

Name a single game that uses online elements in a way more creative than pic related
Protip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QXb3p28DG1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Care to explain to people who haven't played the game, OP?

demon's souls

it's literally a reskin of the souls system
even something like mario maker is more creative

you're talking about e right

Get out, it's one of the largest spoilers of the game.

I'm not talking about the dead bodies, I'm talking about ending e

I would, but then I would spoil an entire ending
Only look it up if you absolutely don't care

In the Credits for the final main ending, theres a mini game where you shoot the all the Credits (dev names, businesses, the usual credits) Astroid-Bullet Hell style. However dying more than 3-4 times (its very hard), it would ask you if you need help.

Obtaining help gives you a very helpful set of Ships around you that shoot. HOWEVER every time you get hit, someones loses their Save Files. No joke.

i deleted like 5 peoples saves

But someone needs to volunteer to lose their saves, so unless you said No, you'll be fine.

>online elements
it's missing the most crucial one, the crack

>yfw this happened

something something first nier is better something something

still, it's really not that creative, kinda neat but thats about it

Thats pretty hilarious, thanks for explaining

He also didn't mention that in each death you get messages form other players in their langauage with a translation of it below and from what country they are, and most messages are encouraging you to never give up
Also when you accept the help the chorus kicks in
It's honestly pretty touching

>OST version of the End of YoRHa
>near the end lyrics completely fade and the only thing left is a powerful chorus carrying its positive message

Sounds abusable like in Dark Souls. Does it filter out bad ones or can you be a complete asshole?

there's a dark souls like message system but it allows you to be a jackass, tell that the game is shit or that you hate platinum or yoko taro

its a group of preset of phrases you put together madlib style

Anyone else thought all those dead bodies were players that died in their games and were waiting for a revive (pray)?

And then waited there for like 2 minutes after your first death hoping to get revived?

You can be a complete asshole if you want, but I've played through the whole game twice and haven't seen a negative message once. There's a ton of options for being a dick too, it seems that a lot of people who got there in general were touched by the experience as well. It sounds stupid on paper, but the whole experience was something special

>thanks to the players she will actually be able to smile and reach her happiness with 9S

Wait, so if its basically the dark souls thing, how is it unique?
It a shame I probably won't play it for a long while. Got a backlog and uni stuff to worry about

Most are positive, but there are some negatives.

does dark souls make you erase all of your save data to send the message?

>Wait, so if its basically the dark souls thing, how is it unique?
because of ending E you fuck

>tfw when after you've seen all of those positive messages, you see just how much of a fucking ass you can make of yourself and you realize that so few people felt like being a dickhead in that moment that you didn't see one negative message
It will be interesting to see how many negative messages crop up later on once the retarded memers move in.

Who else cried when the chorus kicked in during the credits? I just felt so motivated. Whenever you'd die it'd ask you a question
Goddamn what a good ending.

So are you counting both things as separate multiplayer mechanics? One for the messages and the other for the ending?

Dragon's Dogma, champ.

People are telling that chorus is literally members of dev team together with Taro singing together to motivate you.

It sounded too high pitched for that. But I like that idea of taro in a booth singing

Honestly, Souls games and Dragon's Dogma.

You're referring to one specific part of the game which made me so skeptical about "me deleting another person's save". You delete your save and that just puts your name into a list so it pops up for other players.

I did
then I cried some more again after deleting my save and being thanked for playing

I started crying on ending D already when Vague Hope started playing.
E was a fucking overkill.

you have to get the ending to send the message
you have to delete your data to get the ending
it's all one chain.

>you have to delete your data to get the ending
No?

>he didn't leave degrading insults as a final message
Pussy

It's a mix of Nier and Demon's Souls. Hardy original.

>waaah if you're mean to me you're a memer
It's my final message, my save data and I'm free to do whatever I want with it.

The real question is who the fuck would sacrifice their save game for some jackass who sucks at the game?

That's shit compared to the original.

Everyone who did. The game lets you know that you might be helping someone you hate.

I did.

Does the game warn you that you're going to be using other people's save data as shields? I honestly don't think I'd take the option if I was told beforehand

Did Taro intentionally make it so that the minigame becomes unreasonable as soon as "Square Enix" shows up?

I don't know exactly how the system works, as the pool of saves would be depleted very fast. I've been told that only the initial save is used, otherwise you could just leave the game idle overnight.

How the fuck is it not creative

of course
you can fight Square and Platinum CEOs on arena too and you can't win against their last attack

youtube.com/watch?v=QXb3p28DG1E
>lyrics are the desperate cry of 2B for forgiveness and being freed from her awful fate
>but alone she can't do it
>voices of people all over the world join to support her
>unlike versions that sound in all other endings, this one ends on extremely positive note
E ending is just fucking perfect no matter how you look at it.

I don't think the song was about any of the characters in particular, the song really only made sense when you realize that it's about you as the player, banding together with complete strangers to save three fictional characters you've grown attached to, feeling emotion over something that in reality is utterly meaningless.

Weight of the World fits perfectly with endings A/B during the segment when 9S seemingly dies and 2B's voice can't reach him again.
English version is hopeful, japanese has really grim lyrics because route B is the point when shit goes down for real.

It also fits concert ending which is an ultra-grim version of ending C, a "what if" situation that would probably happen if players weren't around to help main characters.

eh

Moirai, is free on steam and takes about half an hour. You have to solve a murder and there is an online twist. You pass judgement on a bloodied knife holding NPC that answers your questions differently each play through. Later, when you are similarly accosted you answer the same set of questions to prove your innocence. The reveal is then made that the person you judged before was a player, not an NPC and you'll be emailed wether or not the next player kills you.

The Castle Doctrine has you both create a deadly maze of a home security and attempt to infiltrate other player's homes. You can come back one day and your family will be killed and you'll need to start a new game.

The permadeath kind of ruins it. The rich got richer as thousands of fresh players dumped their bodies over their impossible mazes but would never risk losing their money by trying to infiltrate another person's castle.

The game had a few clever metas, some popular tricks came about. You get only one attempt per player so if you die there is no retrying that castle.

Personally, I had sets of doors with electro pads. After committing to the puzzle you are locked into picking from a series of doors. The wrong door causes you to die from electrocution. Chihuahuas were involved. I'd typically get about ten to twenty people die to me before someone comes by and uses tools to break my castle and never in time for me to use any rewards. Worse, sometimes as people would die they'd actually fuck up the puzzle permanently with their vandalism and then subsequent people waltz in.