Low-poly design

>Low-poly design
>Procedural generated levels
>1996 anesthetics everywhere
>Unlimited replayability

Anyone else preorder? I did. This will be the best FPS this year, calling it now.

in b4 someone says it's not like Quake or Doom, because it isn't. It's 90's satire more than anything.

And fuck that Dusk game. That looks like garbage. This one is actually more creative than that piece of shit garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QemMSEze970
youtu.be/B9FvHPRJTzg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like shit

> preordereing

Ew no.

>indie pixelshit B-BUT IN 3D

When people praise low poly art, it's because the texture work is done well and the polygons are being used conservatively. Not because it looks like shit. The texture work in OP looks fucking awful, like modern indie trash that claim to be retro inspired but their sprite work is lazy as shit.

>Low-poly design
>anesthetics
>anesthetics
This is what hipsters think Quake and Doom looked like

>>Procedural generated levels
Like all games of this genre, it'll be fun for a couple of hours, and then become monotonous and samey.

> procedurally generated levels

Not so sure about this. Sounds like there will be no surprises anywhere.

But isn't it shit by default since it has procedural generated levels? It'll just be like SLIGE or OBLIGE.

Subtlety is key when viralling.

thisssssss

>thread about game
>Literally 90% of posts are just contrarians entering a thread of a game they don't want, don't like and have no interest in and telling everyone why the think it's bad

I'm getting sick of this board.

We should talk about Dusk since it actually looks like it might be fun and it's mentioned in the OP so its fair game.

Close the door when you leave

no one wants your game dickhead

Thank you for saying it, even though people won't listen

This

thanks, will make sure to avoid this. Also that garbage UI is intrusive as fuck, it's not immersive it's annoying.

waiting for dusk. this looks rubbish

Good call. Even just from the OP image it reminds me more of Minecraft than actual N64-era low-poly art.

>Procedural
nope, what made those games great was the artisanal level design

Name 8 low poly styled games that look this good.

You can't.

Why do people pretend to be shills? What do they get out of this?

>>Unlimited replayability

Honestly the marketing for the game has been somewhat interesting, but I can't really say the same for the actual game though. Faux-retro bullshit and comparisons aside, even if it might be a step above something like OBLIGE 7.50 the thing is that procedural-generated levels can only go so far. Only being able to use a single modular weapon type with a handful of disposable ones on the way will likely end up having an impact on the replay value too. Will it work well remains to be seen.

why didn't you just stay on reddit then? the opinions you don't like are pre-filtered

stop shilling before we bury your ass

>asking to be spoonfed
You sure showed em

>Low-poly design
>1996 anesthetics everywhere
>Unlimited replayability

why would you want procedural levels in a genre that lives and dies by its level design

Fuck off, shill. The game looks like shit and doesn't even have a le retro 90s aesthetic. It's just another shitty procgen faux-nostalgia Unity game.

Wow you sure showed me by avoiding what I asked completly.

>what is Myst and its infinite sequels

I'm not against going for retro 3d, but that looks like absolute garbage. Just like pixel art, you should make an honest attempt to match the style and actually have detail, not just use it as an excuse to spend $10 on the art budget.

Metroid Prime Hunters upscaled is a sweet throwback to quake like graphics.

>Myst
>Looks good

Kekles

>low poly
>"pixelated" HD textures
This guy never played quake right

You are literally the only one who has an issue with my criticism so I'm sure that it is you who needs to make their way out of this thread permanently.

This game looks like ass, take your game to reddit.

So sorry but here we can't downvote the posts we don't want to see.

>Myst
>Looks bad
Zozzles

It's like a FakeFactory Cinematic Mod for Q1/Q2

Fuck your thread OP
Even this shitty indie game looks more like an old 3dgame than that
youtube.com/watch?v=QemMSEze970

>all these people replying with "r-r-reddit"

I know for a fact I've been on this fucking garbage heap of a website longer than every one of you.

nah man, not me.

>reddit spacing
Lmao OK man.

Stay mad no one wants to discuss your shit game

>inspired by n64 style graphics
>texture work is well done
Top fucking kek. Maybe you'd like it better if they added impenetrable fog perpetually 5 feet in front of your face.

What is the level design like?

Dusk seriously looks like a great game.
Also I love those forest walls.

What are you trying to say? That you think Strafe looks authentic or faithful to that era? That the poly design looks great? That it's acceptable on this board to lay down some bullet points and ask to preorder?

See you tomorrow.

I've been hyped for it since it was in Alpha. Really hoping I'm not gonna end up disappointed here.

You will

>no fully modeled vagina

Nah

>7 fps
>Polygon warping

Waiting for Spire instead.

>implying that's a fps counter

Dusk > GIBHARD > Strafe
You know this to be true.

Also even strafe will probably be a good bit of fun. Like on the level of Painkiller at the worst.

Looks like ass
youtu.be/B9FvHPRJTzg

>I get to decide which visuals look good

Hmm...

>strafe dev is shilling his game again
why are you so fucking obvious?

If we learned anything from No Man's Sky it's that procedural = crap.

I'm saying why can't cunts like you who don't want to talk about the game just hide threads and fuck off. I'm sick of seeing just constant negativity. There used to actually be decent game discussion on this board once upon a time believe it or not

Forgot image.

>procedurally generated levels
>wanting no mans fps

Painkiller was good shit.

this is NOT "1996 anesthetics"

what the fuck was wrong with painkiller?

This times 10, for the number of polygons in OP's image

>shill bullets
>something about preorder
>something about GOTY lock
>relating to actual authentic games
>talking shit about a (vague) competitor
If you want to talk about doing something about cancerous board content, you first.

Nostalgia pandering garbage with very little enemy variety.

>preordering THIS
KYS shill OP. You stupid fuck.

Im only going to buy good indie games.

>Metroid Prime Hunters upscaled is a sweet throwback to quake like graphics.

This looks just like fucking Strafe you Contrarian Hipster.

>strafe

does it have strafe jumping and air control

>these people are using my kickstarter money to pay for Sup Forums shills

Boy this is regrettable.

i played it at pax and it was really fun. satisfying gunplay and smooth movement. they definitely
hit that old arena shooter mark. my only gripes are procedural generation and the art style leaves a bit to be desired. ill probably pirate it, it honestly feels like a free shooter you might find on some website in like 2007.

If you can't tone down how much of the hud and weapon take up on screen, people are gonna bitch.

No big deal it's just bump mapping bro

No big deal it's just parallax occlusion mapping bro

Btw take a look at my retarded gay flat brown textures that I made for pre-school homos

>Beat Dusk
>Literally nothing else to do other than POSSIBLY play multiplayer
>Beat Strafe
>Still have the main campaign and 3 other modes for more replayanility
>Strafe has Daily Challenge, speed running mode, and a wave based mode

This game looks like shit. You're only praising it because "m-muh contrarian hipster mindset". Face it, Strafe is mega popular right now and that's the only thing you're doing.

Pass. The best part of Doom and Quake is the level design and this game will just be big levels full of copy paste rooms you've seen a hundred times before. Proc gen level design can be done well but I have yet to see it done well anywhere outside of traditional roguelikes.

>What are you trying to say? That you think Strafe looks authentic or faithful to that era?

Of course not you dipshit. Strafe is a hueg parody of the 90's era.

>Quake and Doom's strongest points were map design
>all of these indie shitters refuse to make maps and just use procedural generation either from incompetence, or because they think they know better
>indie shitters keep claiming they're taking notes from Quake and Doom

Is there an FPS roguelike where you pick up new weanons and armor and dungeon raid

Kind of like Borderlands except not fucking crap

>I'm saying why can't cunts like you who don't want to talk about the game just hide threads and fuck off. I'm sick of seeing just constant negativity. There used to actually be decent game discussion on this board once upon a time believe it or not

I want to ban the word shill for once. Always derails threads.

(You)
Go look up Hunters' game play, it looks infinitely better and like it was actually worked on for more than 15 minutes

>Strafe is mega popular right now

intense shilling here

>Quake and Doom's strongest points were map design

No shit. Procedural generation was not a thing at the time

A valid opinion friend.
Mostly just "gamefeel" stuff. Most of the weapons were kind of boring to use. The sounds of the guns are underwhelming, and I feel like most of the guns would be way more fun with higher firing rates even if the enemies were made tougher to match. Also there wasn't enough gore and the gore didn't have enough momentum. The game would've been much more exciting if literally everything you killed burst into treats every single time, and with gusto at that. It also would've been nice to have a bit more variety to the gore.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the enemy design of the game. On Trauma things can actually get pretty intense, there's a surprising amount of strategy in that game that goes beyond the usual "herd the enemies into a big ball run and/or run sideways and/or backwards until they're dead" that's unpleasantly common in Serious Sam games. It's there in Painkiller too but it's not quite as common.

I've never played the multiplayer, but the mechanics seem like they would be pretty fun in versus.

I only played Painkiller Black, are any of the sequels/expansions good? I heard they're all crap.

>myst
>low poly
What. It's a slideshow of prerendered HIGH POLY images/videos. Nothing about it is relevant to the modern admiration of low poly stuff.

>procedurally generated

n o p e
o
p
e

>procedural shit
>minecraft graphics
wow just like 1996

>Strafe is mega popular right now

Its not even out. I've heard literally no one talk about Strafe since its kickstarter was funded.

You haven't looked up the Kickstarter you fucking retard.

Ahahahaha! Marketers mad that they can't do their jobs right!
Post last months bank account deposit, I want to see what it says for the source of money and how many .02 transactions you got.

Sauce?

procedural generation isn't a new thing, it's basically how a lot of games in the 80s were possible when filesize limitations were extreme.

>>This is what hipsters think Quake and Doom looked like

that is actually what it looked like

go play quake at 320x240 in software mode and get back to me

The whole point of parody is to look heavily resembling of the source material.

It's called a voxel underage faggot