The last game you played is getting a sequel directed by Yoko Taro

The last game you played is getting a sequel directed by Yoko Taro.

What happens?

>Spec Ops: The Line II
>Taro directing it
Honestly I have no idea

Akechi survived, goes nuclear, and kills all the phantom thieves

>The Binding of Isaac
Trippy.

>overwatch
so Automata except with humans

>Taro does Shovel Knight
oh boy just what I always wanted
having to beat Shovel Knight six times

It will be weird as fuck and be hyped like crazy on Sup Forums till it actually comes out and then there will be a bunch of threads about how it sucks and he's a hack.

The main character may be a cute girl who gets tons of R34.

>Snake Pass
You want to fuck the snake, don't you?

>any game in existence it doesn't mater which
Gameplay sucks.
Story also sucks but it'll have enough revelations, plot-twists, and trite philosophical quotes to make some people think it's deep.

Series becomes shit

Drakengard, NieR, and NieR Automata have fun gameplay.

The last game I played was Nier Automata.

What now, Sup Forums?

>Hotline Miami
I don't even fucking know

SMT IV Apocalypse

You have to beat the game with chaos ending, then law ending, then both neutral endings

>Rayman Legends
I don't even know man.

>Story also sucks but it'll have enough revelations, plot-twists, and trite philosophical quotes to make some people think it's deep.
He said Taro, not Kojima.

>Everyone ITT saying "I don't know"
Why is Yoko Taro literally the only game directer capable of this?

>BotW

Better English dub, more engaging memory cutscenes, link maido outfit with up skirt shots

I true 10/10

It gets worse

Now we just play the waiting game for at least another 4 years

Persona 5 - The game suddenly becomes 3x more overrated than it already is, the game stops being fun, characters start acting crazy randomly, and the entire game becomes a chore to play through.

The thread is just full of retards

>Dark Souls 1
You know, mixing Souls's fetish for item descriptions and DoD's weapon stories might not be a bad idea.

This whole post is just truth bomb after truth bomb, love it.

>kane and lynch 3
i have no idea how the fuck it would work but to be honest k&l2's terrible gameplay, awesome aesthetic, total downer story, crazy mass-murdering asshole protagonists and absolute fuck you of an ending almost feel like it's a taro game anyway.

>dark souls 3
first souls game with a concise story with more introspection of human nature. More emotional and game play will suck if not done by fromsoft

It seems like a pretty good description of persona to begin with, what with it not being fun, being extremely overrated and being a chore to play through.
Of course the characters don't 'act crazy randomly' though, persona is formulaic as fuck.

>kirby
the sub-plot of robobot would have been more pronounced.

The last game you played is getting a sequel directed by SWERY65.

What happens?

absolutely nothing interesting whatsoever

swery is a boring overrated hack

>The last game you played is getting a sequel directed by Yoko Taro.

It becomes increasingly more shit.

Just Taro fanboys. Dickriders who can't even articulate why they think nier is so great

lmao look at these nancybois being so negative
literally too stupid to enjoy good things lol
but then again i can't feel bad for them, its like watching a pig being happy in mud, i can understand why he enjoys it, but he can't possibly comprehend what i enjoy and why i enjoy it

Kingdom Hearts. I don't know you tell me.

This

Play Undertale

What if NieR 3 is a souls like ARPG?

>Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop.
How would this work exactly?

>not already playing Shovel Knight six times

you've already beaten it atleast three times, and another one is coming out too.

>Drakengard
>fun gameplay
Stockholm syndrome detected. The camera controls are ass.

>Undertale
Not him, but the first playthrough was pretty fun. Too lazy to do a pacifist/genocide run. What do?

DoD1 has bad gameplay.

DoD3 has mediocre gameplay, original Nier is bordering on mediocre and good.

If Yoko Taro made a sequel to Dark Souls 3 that would be insane

Why would it be "insane," you inarticulate retard? Care you expound? Or are you just incapable of doing so? Kill yourself.

>WoW sequal by Yoko Taro

oh great, just what i need, more of the lore to get fucked up

>MGSV
I'm not sure I want to know

>Dragon's Dogma

Not much would change, outside of more general world interaction, and somehow adding more despair in the game than the entire ending after killing Grigori. He'd probably make the Warrior class actually good, too.

I think he'd do a really good job on the story for Dragon's Dogma, I'd love to see him involved with the sequel or something. Dunno about the gameplay part though.

>Nier Automata

>Nier: Automata
Hey, sounds good. But besides that
>Path of Exile
Don't know what he would do, but I can only imagine it would be pretty fucking wacky.

>Nier Automata sequal
>set in the year 597174506187719501125357123057326710275215920951928571258910558177571297565165915810568175732719581567 B

>It turns out to just be Drakengaurd 1 remaster

>Touhou
I wouldn't be surprised if Yoko Taro and ZUN hung out, they both drink way too much and like shooting shit with cute girls.

>Mad Max

>Griffa gets a bigger role in the story and starts directing Max what to do next
>Lines begin to blur if Griffa is just a cognition of Max's inner psyche or a real creature
>Plans become increasingly suicidal, but in the process you get a plucky, young War Boy, a half-sane Buzzard with poor English, and an old longshooter woman in the party
>Entire party dies one by one until it's just you and the boy
>Three endings
>Sacrifice yourself, which sets up the next ending from the Buzzard's perspective
>You continue to live until it's just the Buzzard and Max, who attempts to kill Max due to the futility of their situation and thinking Max to be more insane, only to die by accidentally impaling himself on the vehicle
>Last ending, Max confronts Griffa after all of his friends are dead and in a crazy finale, it begins to rain and the Earth begins to flood, Max beating Griffa into a bloody pulp until he realizes he's done nothing but mash his hands into putty on hard rock
>As he lays there dying, Max is swept away by a rising tide
>Credits end with the sound of rolling waves and a pair of feet walking up to Max's body on a green shore

>Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
uh

>Overwatch
Includes an actual single player campaign where the player feels lost and empty at the end

>Planescape: Torment

that's gonna be a lot of suffering

>Persona 5 isnt already a chore to playthrough

What?

>feel lost and empty at the end
I swear to god Nier Automata is baby's first "emotional" game.

ITT shitposters overhate on the bad parts of Taro games while drones or false flags lap them up.

Automata was flawed as fuck but what was nive is how much It made me forgive it for those flaws.

No. It simply worked its way around alot of the cynicism we had built up over the years.

>Nier: Automata
I don't know if that really applies to Nier: Automata, considering it has by far the happiest ending out of all the games in the entire franchise.

why do people think that adding "baby's first x" in front of games delegitimizes them

I'm in the same boat as well.

>Hollow Knight

I don't really know how he could change it, the game is pretty somber as it is.

Really? Because ending E made me feel happy and hopeful. Maybe you're just an idiot and should come up with real criticisms.

I dunno, I got ending E, thought it was neat, didn't really learn anything from the game's trivial philosophy and moved on with life.

>Rise of the Tomb Raider
>Make Lara Croft great again

God willing there are a dozen cutscenes discussing clam chowda.

>Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
I guess all the puyo's will just be Emil heads.

The disney characters are all warped manifestations of a child's psyche given physical form by dark magic?

>Mass Effect
I guess like Automata, except the focus is on a full-on space war with the Watchers living in the void of space.

I don't think games are supposed to help with learning disabilities, but trying to make a game that assists people with learning disabilities could work. I'm just not sure how you'd make a game like that.

>Puyo Puyo Tetris
Do I even want to fucking know what kinds of bullshit horrors potentially await in the gameplay alone?

>Overwatch III
>every match is now framed as a tragic stage play
>Okabe is in charge of music
>in addition to being powerful attacks, ultimates also change the camera perspective and game genre for anyone nearby
>all the game modes and cosmetics are now tied into the story
>fishing minigames
>side-plot about the missing Overwatch II

I'm down.

"Oh man, I sure would like if X happened."
"WHY, FAGGOT? I EXPECT A FULLY CONSTRUCTED LOGICAL ARGUMENT ON THE TOPIC ON THE THINGS YOU ENJOY, RIGHT FUCKING NOW--ALSO I AM SILLY!"

Geez, chill

DoD1 has awful gameplay.

DoD3 has mediocre but mildly satisfying gameplay.

Nier has mediocre but incredibly satisfying gameplay.

Nier Automata has above average and equally satisfying gameplay.

DoD1 gameplay is satisfying you just haven't actually played it

He asks to be sent fanservice pics.

No I fucking played all of it and beat ending E. Mashing square square triangle 8 million times with a camera that can't even fucking turn the way you want it to is not satisfying whatsoever.

I will admit the ace combat dragon parts were good and fun.

>Chrono Trigger

I don't even know what he would do with it, is he familiar with Time Travel plots?

FFXIV? This probably means we finally get to kill off all the Scions and go off adventuring on our own finally but since it's Yoko Taro we'll probably actually be sad about it.

I mean, the stance on how violence affects your mental state is already on point. He might throw in some action-orientated ladies and cosmic horrors in for good measure.

>FFXV
So I guess Nier Automata is a distant sequel to FFXV since you can find Noctis's engine blade in it.

>kingdom hearts 2

I guess it's a plus compared to nomura

>total war warhammer

More rape? I don't know.

Everyone is ugly, dirty, and more focused on eating each other. How's he going to make it more edgy? The canon already says the world blows up.

>BDO
The game becomes less shit? Or more shit? He's probobly make the story, music and world better but I'm scared for everything else.

>Evil Within 2 by Yoko Taro
the game is even shittier than the first.

Uncharted 5

>Kingdom Hearts III
>Directed by Yoko Taro

Disney and FF suffering, perhaps more suffering for FF characters to take out his frustration of never directing a Final Fantasy game.

I think by the end he'd put everyone out of their misery, explain why darkness and light, and just being alive, really, are shit, and that'd be it.

Bring-on Platinum for combo-based gameplay with variety like in II, instead of this floaty fucking Deck system BBS introduced.

Lots of good and unique ideas that just lacked proper direction at some points. People say "I don't know" so much because there isn't much to compare it to, his games are missing the established formulas other games make use of all the time.

>Monster Hunter
So all the monsters become waifus

Agreed and same here. Taro flavored TBoI would be odd, to say the least, but probably feel very similar in practice. Now that I think about it, Taro already ripped off a Zelda dungeon in Nier, so it would just be TBoI with a melee attack and weapon stories with a bullshit final boss based on outlasting a rhythm game instead of a damage sponge bullet hell. Probably less random generation, more structure to floors, more subtle shots at video game tropes than outright mockery of social norms/memes than what's presented in TBoI, and I think that would pretty much nail it.

Probably a better story than religion hate boner, but could just as likely be a hate boner for something else instead.

>dota 2
nah