How do we fix the FGC (Fighting Game Community)?

How do we fix the FGC (Fighting Game Community)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbsbcKfqtSQ
youtu.be/ZmIz5K4X3UU?t=154
youtube.com/watch?v=U1x-l4CB3mY&t=16m5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's there to fix?

The way one fixes a dog

Stop smash from trying to become part of it? I don't really know how it could be improved

deodorant

MOAB

Uhh sweetie, how about the constant homophobic remarks and subtle racism that intoxicate the venue for starters?

Dafuq does smash even have to do with the fgc.. its only a party game

this is the least convincing false flag i've ever read.

Smash autists keep forcing it

by unbanning noel brown to bring back actual thuggery to the fgc

Nuke it out of existence
It's just an ad campaign for Capcom

Why should we care? Sup Forums doesn't play fighting games, and we certainly don't go outside.

Whenever there's an SFV thread there's just bitching and nobody making a lobby. Skullgirls threads are just /e/ dumps. And nobody here knows anything else.

I WILL BE THAT MONKEY

SFV is trash

It is now because the FGC allowed them to move in without any complaints or modifications to rulings/etc.

The FGC handed Capcom the key to the community and allowed Mr. Wizard and the Cannon brothers to be the kingpins.

what did he do?

Well for one, brands could stop sponsoring washed up hood rats just because theyre part of the "in-crowd"

But this is a problem with any esport. Skill and dedication isn't a factor when it comes to being a professional, only your reputation and connections.

Wombo combo

Stay mad samefag

This, holy fuck, wash yo ass

You let Smash handle the community.

Obligatory Fighter V is boring and dead and no one watches that shit.

I see nothing wrong

>Whenever there's an SFV thread there's just bitching and nobody making a lobby

That's because SFV is garbage. There used to be fun SF4 lobbies and there will be fun Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 lobbies.

WATCH IT SWEETIE

punched another player over marvel
beat his gf
grabbed some girl's ass

2/10 bait. Try harder.

You hold nerds who are good at video games to a high standard

Yeah, a local game store near me used to do smash events, and they had to cancel it because the players just kept shitting in the trash can in the bathroom.
And here I thought that us /tg/ people were bad.

enforce a smell policy and tell Smashfags to switch to digital tvs or just find another revenue.

It's irony some might call it a joke, you people must have a developmental issue if its not incredibly obvious

Those tattoos are seriously cringy deviant-art tier chuuni shit.

He dindu nuffin, he wuz a gud boy

Asian FGC is fine. Money is cherry on top,and everyone plays for fun and to get better.

Western FGC has a lot of problems. Instead of just playing games they enjoy, they find a need to throw shit at other games they don't even play. Pros play because of the money, so they always focus on SFV, a game that's not even good by modern fighting game standards, but since it's in their comfort zone and it pays well, they deal with it, resulting in Capcom getting away with a subpar product. NRS games also count but only before SonicFox reads the meta and gatekeeps everyone from winning. Western FGC also like to dickride obscure games for e-peen but don't play or contribute to the scene. You also have legitimate scummy people like Flash Metroid, JWong and his clique and Marn. Fixing the Western FGC tantamounts to changing the people themselves, which is borderline impossible.

Daily reminder that mango is literally a nu-male cuck that gets abused by his wife

ban black people

anyone else here would kiss mike ross on the lips?

we don't
youtube.com/watch?v=zbsbcKfqtSQ

>Flash Metroid, JWong and his clique and Marn

These guys fuck me off so much. Mike Ross and Gootecks seem cool, but I'd wager they have some dodgy shit happening given their friendship group. I don't particularly love Punk but he's putting a fire up their asses and that's good to see.

James Chen, UltraDavid, Tasty Steve and Sajam seem like legit good people though.

SAVE THE RECEIPT

Why are fighting games the most entertaining vidya genre to watch? I don't even know what's going on half the time but it's hilarious.

youtu.be/ZmIz5K4X3UU?t=154
aris is fucking hilarious

It isn't ironic though, just perpetuating an idea that shitty bait like that is borderline worth posting. It's not even a funny joke, either.

1/10 from me.

Most of the "old guard" personalities and their friends, particularly part of the NorCal/SoCal and New York scenes are shady. There are exceptions but the popular ones aren't particularly good people. James Chen is ok, but he's also a huge tool.

Tasty Steve, Sajam, Jiyuna, Aris; basically people who just enjoy what they do and play and don't really take things as serious business and don't get into scandals are cool.

So.. he was just being black?

>Most of the "old guard" personalities and their friends, particularly part of the NorCal/SoCal and New York scenes are shady

This. I've been to a few of the New York events and a ton of the people are just absolute trash. At the last event I went to several well known FGC players were selling cocaine and eventually had to be kicked out of the venue for harassing people. It's kind of entertaining but there's just way too much shady ghetto trash.

please explain how james chen is tool

I don't know anything

mah high iq masta race

>getting beat by hispanics and blacks at your own shit

>"think "they're gonna jump"
>do a DP
>they jump into it
>mfw

how are Jwong and Marn scummy? losers sure, but con artists?

Increase the skill level of fighting games in order to keep a certain group of players away

modern fighting games already keep away the common mass and they're as easy as they've ever been

>Marn
>Not scummy
Guy is a terrible human being in general. He's done match fixing before which contributed to the fall of the Guilty Gear scene in 2007. He's also in a scandal in the LoL esports scene.

Justin is alright, but being associated with unlikable people makes him look bad.

He also bragged about forcing a girl to work for him in his business then firing her when she didn't want to fuck him.

>that ordering
Fucked it up, the guy who fired the girl for not fuckin him was Marn

youtube.com/watch?v=U1x-l4CB3mY&t=16m5s

Remove Gaylee, SF, and kof, and Mahvel

Add Naruto, dbx, rivals of aether, and Injustice.

That way, there will be fewer autists.

Allow thuggery to reign supreme

>Asian fgc is fine

No it fucking isn't. Best of ones with best of two grand finals? Yeah Asian doesn't have ghetto culture but you've probably never played in it to know how bullshit that environment is.

Someone needs to replace xoxo fest with smash community in that pic.

General thuggery

>Marn
>anything but scummy

Do you have any idea of who Marn is?

Not him but he did always come off as kind of a tool to me.

Did you win a twitch turbo from Mike, Sup Forums?

You say that, but I hear way more people on Sup Forums give Ricki shit than at evo.

I need to find the google document that is a collection of all the emails they sent out about to people for their Turbos

Ironic shitposting only furthers the idea that shitposting is welcome here

Will Yipes's enthusiasm return now that we finally have a new mahvel?

Will this be 3's final year at evo of course it will

>Asian FGC is fine

Korean Tekken has a huge celebrity culture and Japanese Bkazblue is legit degenerate. You also act like there aren't tons of jaos that focus on SFV despite your clear hate for the game and reasoning anyone playing it is in it for the money.

Here's one of them

>now that we finally have a new mahvel?
it looks like fucking garbage

I'm from Singapore and have competed in SEAM and just visited Mikado last Summer. Common format is team based for GG anyway, but Im not really used to it. That said, format is the least of our worries.

Anime community can't even run their own events and always end up causing drama.

Yeah but it's cold garbage. 3 was hot garbage which is even worse.

>Japanese Blazblue is degenerate
How? All I know is Fenrich is schooling everyone.

Trying to sell basic combos to newfags
Crossdressing and public homosex
Celebrity worship with huge egos

best of one like pretty much all sports? also people in japan have jobs who the fuck has time to run double elim. coincidentally they also lose in SF5 now because of soft nigga double elim being introduced as a standard, no more adaptation skills

Go home ricki

/thread

I dunno WTF is XOXO Fest but UFGT is pretty diverse.
Just not politically correct.

Also the only shit preventing starters from playing the game is the command input.
Fighting game is an live chess. It's about pressing the right button at right time.
Just give an Smash Bros style commands and its done for everyone.
No need for autocombo bullshit.
Autocombo is only useful in M.O.M when you can't use the Special buttons to use techniques.(GGXrd Stylish player)

Tekken combos look so fucking stupid that bouncing shit is cringe

Hi leddit

Get real diversity. 99% whites and 1 % token minorities.

>CMON AMIGO
>GEMME DAT LEG
>im taking a cigarette break i hate this game online

sup 9gag

You can't, unless you get Nigger culture out of it. Which the FGC doesn't want because they're all (insert slur for ghetto lovers here?).

UGH

Didn't JWong say he hated Marn because he didn't agree to split with him or something?

Both are assholes

The FGC everybody.
And people complain about Smash.

>Public homosex
Where? Should be making raves right now if it were true.

The FGC elitists have completely ruined fighting games for everyone. Thank God this genre is finally dying