Sup Forums on VR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q76MEF0Q6qA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Or it could be the $800 price tag with no real games supported.

there are plenty of real games for vr, super hot to name one.

Super hot is just a game ported to VR. He means games made exclusively for VR.

You clearly haven't played it nor any other vr games if you're going to say this without understanding the sentence I wrote.

Wilson's Heart, Narcosis, Chronos, The Assembly, BattleZone, Edge of Nowhere, Technolust, Robo Recall, Herobound: Spirit Champion, etc.

These are Oculus though, so if he's only tried Vive he wouldn't know about them. It's true a lot of the Steam VR stuff is just minigames and tech demos.

>you better buy it now, no matter how underwhelming it is, because the next generation of hardware will surely be better

Wait a minute, that logic...

>no matter how underwhelming it is

Wat

Have you tried it

Have you talked to anybody who has tried it

>Have you tried it

Yeah I have. I fucked around with the Vive a bit when my friend got his hands on a set.

Is my opinion that much of a surprise to you? What do you think the world "underwhelming" means?

If they can magically fix the issue of motion sickness maybe I'd at least consider it.

>exclusive

who cares if they're exclusive or not?

>we will surely get a next generation because I convinced everyone I know to not buy it

Valuing money over fun, user? Who's the real jew?

I don't believe you. Absolutely every person I have demoed my Rift to was blown away.

Is it just the software that doesn't impress you? If so that's because: All the actual full VR exclusive games are on Oculus because that's who funds their development. If you only tried Vive and didn't play any Oculus games through ReVive that might explain it.

Alternatively it's sour grapes because you can't afford one.

>m-muh inclosives!
fuck outta here consolecuck

he probably meant games made primarily for VR not as a second thought

VR is a meme

VR is cool and all, and I have fun messing around with it on my phone, but it just isn't worth anywhere near $800 for me, especially now that the Gear VR Oculus store has some legitimately good games on it. When the Vive is around $250-300 max, I'd consider it.

Sup Forums also told me Bitcoin was a meme.

I have Gear and am also impressed by how close it comes to the quality of experience I get with my Rift, but it doesn't quite replace my Rift.

If it had inside out tracking for the headset and motion controller, though...

You're a bit of an idiot. Buying a product (regardless of whether or not you want it), simply so the manufacturer can maybe make a better product in the future, is absolutely retarded.

If I see a game, and it looks like shit, I won't buy it just because the sequel might be good.

Also
>if you don't support this product you are actively campaigning against it

I have no reaction to this other than to assume you were dropped on your head as a kid.

Superhot VR isn't a port of Superhot, it's a new Superhot game specifically made for VR

VR does not need to get better to be worth it. It's fantastic right now. You might be thinking of the last 25 years, that's the time it spent improving until it was worthwhile.

>I don't believe you

Then that means you're not interested in discussing this in good faith, and are a borderline shitposter.

Don't bother responding unless you're willing to take me at my word.

but that's preferable, the VR scene is far too small too have adequate budgets for full-sized games
we're better off getting proper games edited for it

How is the experience with watching movies on the Rift? When I'm watching movies alone, I always do it on my Gear VR, because of the awesome movie theater setup, huge screen, and being forced to only see the movie stops me from getting distracted by my phone, and I actually end up enjoying the movie more.

Rift and Vive have lower ppi than most phones, though, don't they? Does watching movies look worse on them?

>Then that means you're not interested in discussing this in good faith

Or that you're lying in order to bolster the credibility of your opinions, in which case you're the one arguing in bad faith.

>Don't bother responding unless you're willing to take me at my word.

It's my hot body, I do what I want.

Have you ever played either version of Super hot?

I don't care for it one bit.

OP, you're pretending that the problem with VR is a lack of willing adopters. If VR actually did what it claimed to do, people would jump on board immediately. The problem is, it's bulky, unrealistic and boring. Nobody wants to wear a faggot eye mask and wave wands around. Once you can simulate sights, sounds and feelings without bulky equipment and heavy investment, then you'll get somewhere. Until then, it isn't worth it.

>VR does not need to get better to be worth it

Whether or not a product is worth the cost is up to each individual consumer. You can't make that determination for other people. You would know this if you were a bit less retarded.

Well until theres cool ass trubo VR and gundams

But its shit right now

Its all shit

You have positional tracking so it feels more natural. You feel more like you're in the virtual environment (in Bigscreen for example, where I watch movies because it does a good job with 3D blu ray rips) It's also near being able to grab video windows and move them around with Touch

Other than that, not enough of a difference to warrant buying a Rift if you already have Gear. PPI is slightly higher on Gear as you say, though I don't notice it, and more importantly Gear is portable. So you can zone out on a long plane trip.

I have both but Gear is so remarkably good for what it costs that if you don't specifically want it for gaming, there is little reason to buy a Rift as well.

>If VR actually did what it claimed to do

It does. But Oculus funded like 6 demo stations in the entire UK. Most people simply have not tried full desktop VR. At most they have tried shitty cardboard quality VR.

>people would jump on board immediately.

No, $600 is a lot of money for most people.

>The problem is, it's bulky, unrealistic and boring.

Nope

>Nobody wants to wear a faggot eye mask and wave wands around.

Actually millions of people do according to the latest sales figures

>Once you can simulate sights, sounds and feelings without bulky equipment and heavy investment, then you'll get somewhere. Until then, it isn't worth it.

That's your dumb faggot opinion, but you're a nothing and a nobody. Millions of people disagree with you and have bought VR already.

>You can't make that determination for other people.

That's exactly what you did here, though:

>Nobody wants to wear a faggot eye mask and wave wands around. Once you can simulate sights, sounds and feelings without bulky equipment and heavy investment, then you'll get somewhere. Until then, it isn't worth it.

Only good for racing simulators, everything else is just gimmicky shit

>Only good for what I have tried

Go play Resident Evil 7 in VR

That's not me, dipshit.

Do you really think I'm going to keep up a conversation throughout the thread, then halfway down suddenly respond to the OP with what I initially wanted to say? Why the fuck wouldn't I just start with that?

nah, it's actually worth it. I can only speak as an owner of PSVR, which is the lowest tier of the big three, but it's not uncomfortable, heavy, or very clunky at all. RE7 in VR was the best gaming experience I've ever had in my life. Farpoint, despite not even being a great game by itself, is super fun with the aim controller which is light, intuitive, and incredibly responsive. By far the best way to play a FPS.

Because you're retarded?

And that assumption would be wrong, shitposter-kun.

Better luck next time.

I'd rather not risk getting locked out of content I payed for unless I buy their HMD. Even then the only games on oculus that caught my eye were robo recall, I expect you to die, and Superhot. None of which I am particularly excited about.
On steam it has been mostly stale, with very low quality control on releases and too much garbage to wade through. My vive sits in a box picking up dust, play it once in a blue moon until a show stopper comes along. Hoping one of valves 3 games in development turns out to be really good, the Lab wasn't bad.

For the time being the game I return to the most is H3VR, its fun messing around with guns in a shooting range every once in a while. There are very strict gun laws in this country so it wouldn't be worth the hassle going through the legal mess.

Alright shills, sell me on VR.

>What games are worth getting (No glorified tech demos)
>Why not wait for the inevitable price drop in 2 years
>How often do you use your Rift/Vive

>It does
No, it fucking doesn't. It's like playing Wii with a virtual boy headset.

>No, $600 is a lot of money for most people.
And yet in this same fucking reply you claim that it's popular. Pick an argument you dumb nigger.

>Nope
Yes. VR headsets are fucking gigantic, you don't feel anything, and it doesn't let you do anything a regular game doesn't. Take that cock out of your ass.

>Actually millions of people do according to the latest sales figures
"Millions" is fucking nothing. Nobody plays VR.

>That's your dumb faggot opinion, but you're a nothing and a nobody. Millions of people disagree with you and have bought VR already.
You just keep cucking yourself. On the one hand you argue that it's too costly for most people and then you argue that heaps of people are doing it. This is the most blatantly autistic argument I've seen in my life.

>I'd rather not risk getting locked out of content I payed for unless I buy their HMD.

That is only a problem for Vive. The Rift CV1 can play all Steam VR content, no hack required. You only need a hack if you have a Vive and want to play Oculus content.

>None of which I am particularly excited about.

Your shit taste is your own fault

>On steam it has been mostly stale, with very low quality control on releases and too much garbage to wade through.

Agreed

>My vive sits in a box picking up dust

Get ReVive. All the best games are on Oculus Home. A good list here

>takes five generations for good games to come out
>implying anyone will buy it enough to support it for that many generations on no-games
>implying anyone will buy multiple generations of it enough to support it until it gets good games

Listen here, you geriatric brittle old fuck. Do you want me to pound your fucking birdseed bones into dust? I'll pop you in the noggin and break your entire spine if you want you piece of shit. Get off this board; you're a wrinkle sack relic made of spit and shit and nobody wants to share the same hovel with you because you smell like someone wiped their ass with garbage and set the whole shebang on fire.

Have you seen what a young buck's fist can do to your assisted-living face you fucking Alzheimer's sack of shit?

>>What games are worth getting (No glorified tech demos)

See: Narcosis is deep sea survival horror with gradually intensifying insanity effects. Nothing supernatural, just actual sea creatures and losing your mind. Fantastic voice acting and writing. Only 4 hours long but also only $20.

Wilson's Heart is 8 hours long and extremely polished. Mostly horror but plays like a 3D version of lucasarts point and click games. Black and white, set in the 1940s.

Chronos is Dark Souls in VR.

BattleZone is like the tank scenes from the 1984 TRON made into a game. Controls very fluidly and has a lot of multiplayer game modes. Nothing like an actual tank sim, more like a simplified FPS.

Edge of Nowhere is Uncharted but based on the Lovecraft story At the Mountains of Madness.

Technolust is Transmetropolitan as a game. 1980s cyberpunk environment, point and click style gameplay where you hunt for objects, play arcade games, hack terminals, etc.

Robo Recall is an fps/beatemup hybrid where you can tear wisecracking robots apart with your bare hands. It's free for all Rift owners.

Herobound is classic Zelda in VR. Not like OoT or BotW, it's room to room like LttP. Great puzzles in the dungeons. Also free somehow

Out of these Narcosis blew me away the most. It's short but ends just before the gameplay gets stale, it's all about the story and the atmosphere. Don't watch playthroughs, the ending is an unexpected and masterful punch in the gut.

This. You just BTFO all VR shills.
Its a fucking monitor strapped to your head, just why?

>just your average gamer.
Not today Shlomo.

Every single point being made here is pure fantasy. The only 'cheap' option is extremely proprietary and the only point there that actually matters is GAMES.

The real problem is that using VR strictly for entertainment is going to kill it. I want that shit to be my fucking desktop. I want to replace my monitors with a headset.

dead platform

it's the 3DO of our time

absurdly overpriced with nogames

>No, it fucking doesn't. It's like playing Wii with a virtual boy headset.

Haha, retard.

>And yet in this same fucking reply you claim that it's popular. Pick an argument you dumb nigger.

It is unreasonably costly atm. I never denied it. But sales were at 6.3 million combined PSVR, Vive, Rift and GearVR in 2016, I have no idea what it's at now

>Yes. VR headsets are fucking gigantic, you don't feel anything, and it doesn't let you do anything a regular game doesn't.

Go try Narcosis without VR, then with it.

>Take that cock out of your ass.

Are you really that eager to suck the shit off it?

>"Millions" is fucking nothing. Nobody plays VR.

Haha, retard.

>On the one hand you argue that it's too costly for most people and then you argue that heaps of people are doing it.

Those two things can be true at the same time, and currently are.

>that art style
It's from dorkly isn't it

If anyone is a VR shill it's this guy. everything about how he responded in this post right down to the exhausted meme he has on display, the generic buzzwords, and hoe-like behavior just makes it look obvious. "hey i'm a resentful fuccboi that doesn't have any money fuck you and fuck VR waaaaaaah kys cuck". if your going to try to induce cringing please make it look less obvious next time.

>>takes five generations for good games to come out

See

I'm waiting for the final version. this first iteration of VR seems like its just a beta test for what the tech can actually become, and theres only one game that actually seems good for it atm, Onward.

>literally has a Dorkly watermark
>"IS THAT DORKLY?"

Bigscreen lets you do this already, you just have to crank up the font size so it's readable.

call me when they solve the nausea problem for good and I'll try it again. Otherwise it's an expensive waste that doesn't add much to the hobby.

>But Oculus funded like 6 demo stations in the entire UK.

And no-one used them.

I NEED YOU TO TELL ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW WHY SUPERHOT VR ISNT ON THAT LIST

RIGHT FUCKING NOW

FUCK

YOU

get good & cheep or fuck off

>I'm waiting for the final version.

You'll be dead by then.

>theres only one game that actually seems good for it atm

See

Stupid fucking market-researcher dipshits need to get their gross jew goblin ass into gear and start producing some PS2-tier quality games for anyone to give a shit about their motion sickness simulators.

What fucking moron thinks that you HAVE to have handset motion controls for it to be immersive? Fucking third person games on the PS1 and N64 were immersive as fuck because they were well made. Stop trying to overcome the "fatasses have to sit in a chair" problem. Being able to feel like you're really moving around the environment and touching shit with your flimsy wiimotes isn't a primary concern for people who would support this product indefinitely for a good library, it's a concern for no-brain leech stock holders who want to sell the extra equipment so they can buy some retarded boat they'll never use.

>Narcosis
Polished 2deep4u turd with obvious horror effects
>Wilson's Heart
Gimmick shit as said above
>Chronos
The fact you even mentioned it makes you a shill, nobody fucking gives a shit about it you ratty little fucking kike.
>BattleZone
Inferior to source mods
>Edge of Nowhere
Gimmick shit
>Technolust
Gimmick shit
>Robo Recall
Gimmick shit
>Herobound
Gimmick shit

Not a single good exclusive you fat fucking nigger.

It's a stretch to call it a full, fleshed out game. The ones I listed have the same depth as games already on PC or console.

It is good, it's just not cheap.

Invalid opinions, invalid person, go to the landfill nearest you and remain there until you fully decompose

You probably also think Fallout 4 is bland, hate every Souls game after DeS, and don't enjoy Mario Party.

This

That's not what I mean, cut steam out entirely and redesign the 'desktop' so instead of using a virtual monitor the desktop is something like points in space floating around me. Have the operating system recognize the headset and create the environment.

Why did you choose the posts saying Super Hot VR isn't the same game as Super Hot?
They aren't even saying if it's a good game.

>You probably also think Fallout 4 is bland

Microsoft is literally doing this

none of those interest me personally, I'll be interested when its got more games like Onward youtube.com/watch?v=q76MEF0Q6qA

And yes there will probably be a second superior iteration of VR tech way before I'm dead, you're either false flagging as a desperate shill or actually a desperate shill, just stop it.

>You probably also think Fallout 4 is bland

Everyone with at least half a brain thinks that.

>Haha, retard.
And yet you are literally the retard with no argument for why this is incorrect. Ironic.

>It is unreasonably costly atm. I never denied it. But sales were at 6.3 million combined PSVR, Vive, Rift and GearVR in 2016, I have no idea what it's at now
LOL! 6.3m between 4 fucking brands. This is actually worse than I thought.

Go try Narcosis without VR, then with it.
And yet "Narcosis with VR" is still gigantic, ugly, expensive and doesn't let me feel anything.

>Are you really that eager to suck the shit off it?
No, but thanks for admitting that you had a cock in your ass.

>Haha, retard.
Another autistic comment because you couldn't think of anything better to say. Cringe.

>Those two things can be true at the same time, and currently are.
You really are this stupid.

>named tumblr reaction image from a shitty Sup Forums show

Get over it, Trump won and you lost.

>none of those interest me personally

The fact that you don't want the games on offer does not mean VR doesn't have any good, fully fleshed out games

>And yes there will probably be a second superior iteration of VR tech way before I'm dead

You didn't say second. You said final.

>expensive and doesn't let me feel anything.

You can't feel anything because of brain damage

I still like to play traditional games, but once I put the headset on it took approximately 2 seconds to realize that VR, even in its nascent stages, is so fucking vastly superior to any other form of gaming. It's not even up for discussion, it can be trolled, but the truth can't be fucked with. every person I've showed it to were blown away.

what a coincidence that's also why you can't sell anything

I hope you don't meet your shill quota and your kids fucking starve in front of you.

How is that working out for you? I voted Johnson btw because I'm not a banjo plucking, six fingered toothless bumpkin retard

Probably this is also why I have money for VR and you don't

Same. Only thing I don't play on it is isometric 2D stuff like Factorio.

>I hope you don't meet your shill quota and your kids fucking starve in front of you.

No danger of that, I'll feed your kids to them. You've fattened them up nicely on a diet of your own semen

>I voted Johnson btw
>because I'm not a banjo plucking, six fingered toothless bumpkin retard

That's the only reason anyone would vote for him you dirty nigger.

whatever, not buying the alpha version of the product and THATS final.

Are you saying you'd feed your kids semen? Reported to the FBI, Hiro fully cooperates with them enjoy getting shanked in a federal penitentiary you fucking pedophile.

It cost's 1500 NZD, that's a fucking ridiculous price tag seeing as you still need a computer and to buy games (of which there's only like 5 worthwhile atm). I like video games, but not that much.

it took 50 years for VR to finally get good games.
what a shit comic

They're trying but it's not going well. I've gone to a bunch of their demos and the hololens is a joke. The only impressive thing about it is the very nice surround sound and no cords. Everything about the display is terrible, most of it being the fov. They have this weird function where it tries to detect objects around you and place something behind them (and just not render parts of it) but it straight up doesn't work and freaks the fuck out when anything is within five feet of you.

Of course they're doing everything in R&D but we won't see much of anything they do and it's going to be a long time before they put something worthwhile out. The hololens is clearly just a proof of concept.

>"You're brain damaged because you don't pretend that VR provides realistic tactile feedback"
I didn't know it was possible to be this autistic.

Tell me when VR isn't just strapping monitors to your eyes and using two wiimote.

If you know that much on VR you could tell me if the OR DK2 is viable for most games as well.

Does it have full game support or what?

Maybe once it gets cheaper.

I had PSVR and it was pretty awesome. Too bad there isn't much worth playing on it though. I'll wait for PC VR to get cheaper before I try again.

People in this thread complaining about VR: 10

Number of those same people who own VR: 0

Really j o g g i n t h a t n o g g i n

It's mom, and its time for bed. Don't think for a second that your stepdad won't hear about that filthy language you've been using on here because OH HE WILL. And don't you worry, you're gonna get all the attention you've been craving tomorrow mister.

It's pretty reasonable to complain about a 800 Dollar device and not getting it because it doesn't seem worth it yet.

If I wanted to move my body I'd go outside
I just want to sit on my couch with a beer in hand and play some vidya

Let me fix that for you user.
>People in this thread complaining about VR: 40
>People on this earth that own VR: 40

agree it needs more games but

>DIRT
>RE7
>Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
>Thumper
>Farpoint

are all fun as fuck

I'm weary of the tech demos though, although Statik sounds like a fun 3 hr experience when it goes on sale.

>you need to throw down hundreds of dollars on something to begin criticizing it

Too bad steam shows several thousand playing right now.

Over 500,000 vives sold so far.

Good attempt though.