ARMS DISCUSSION

What will nintendo do to ruin ARMS once released? Microtransaction bullshit like cosmetics and over powered arms? The test punch is really fun but I hope they don't fuck up the full game.

Other urls found in this thread:

arms.nintendo.com/
discord.gg/h96qn
discord.gg/mxxnn
youtube.com/watch?v=Gtffv9bpB-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you watch the end of the Direct? DLC will be free.

it's probably just going to suck right off that bat.

The only thing close to paid DLC in Splatoon was the Amiibo weapon skins so I highly doubt they'd do anything like that in this game

Xbox live arcade/kinect tier shit

They already fucked up the full game by making a shallow shovelware game.

IT'S UP BOYOS

THE OFFICIAL SITE, IN ENGLISH

arms.nintendo.com/

So real talk.
I'm enjoying the game alright, at least 1v1 and 1v1v1 (the other modes not so much) and the classic controls saved the game for me, didn't like the motion ones much.

It's fun, but I'm worried about how long that fun will last. The game is not exceptionally in-depth. The complexity stems from the basic mindgames of when to dash/jump/block or throw/grab, it's a little bit like a more complicated and enjoyable rock paper scissors.

But for how long will this be fun? A week? For sure. A month? Probably.
But then? And keep in mind, afaik this is a fully priced 60 bucks title. For that kind of money I'm not so sure if it'll have the same longevity that a game like Tekken 7 would have for example.

The ranked mode would have to be really good and maybe even come with seasonal skin rewards or something, I think that'd be a great idea.

Best ship

Yeah, I'm really hoping the game gets a price reduction or something. I like your idea of having seasonal rewards as an incentive to play the game regularly.

The full game will probably revolve around the ARMS Getter and adjusting your sets a little at a time, so you have answers for every situation.

It's already fucked up by being a full price minigame.

So even in English Mechanica wants the Ribbon

>The game is not exceptionally in-depth.

How the hell could you possibly know that

>minmins page
>mintendo noodle house

Kek

For me it will be one of those games where I can just hop in bed and play a few online ranked matches real quick. The game may get stale after a while, but updates may bring new life so I can play the game again.

I doubt it'll take long before you have every arm. After that it's just getting the same arms over and over and over to power them up and make them do more damage.

Guys dont post the discord

okay

By having played it for over 3 hours now?
Doesn't take a genius to look at the game and take it apart to see how it plays and what the choices are.

Is this your first "fighting" game?

It's already fucked with the price.

It's definitely not worth $60.

>Mechanica has a 3 second delay before being able to float again. Panties are visible when arms are disabled.
did this user speak the truth

This game would have been a major success if they had decided to put it out there at 30 or 40 bucks.

At 60, I don't know. I think it'll do well, but maybe not quite as good.

This is not the Sup Forumskend discord, the best place on the internet to play nintendo multiplayer games and the hub for everything arms on Sup Forums where we'll have a huge launch party, do NOT join this server

discord.gg/h96qn

>MinMIn is all around shittiest character Do Not Use Her.
Of course not, he don't know what the fuck is talking about

snekXloneliness is his only ship

You'll have to get 270 ARMS total. Unless you're playing for hours a day, it'll probably take quite a while to have every combination. And that's before DLC.

fuck off autist

C'mon in
the water is fine

>Thought mechanica was cute as fuck from when I saw her in ARMS's reveal
>but Helix is fucking amazing

Who the fuck do I play

So what's up with that tip that said Minmin's left arm charge is speshul? Do I have to have a dragon equipped on the left arm to use it?

So basically like Pokken?

Who's looking for a link, are you looking for a link?
We're having a free trial right now, it's free to join our discord for the first 18 days and then after that it's a 65 dollar monthly subscription fee to access all the newest Bants and me message

discord.gg/mxxnn

You've been playing party mode, with no tournament or single player. So you haven't really played all that much of it and either way fighting games in general aren't deep.

>Is this your first "fighting" game?

No, but it sure sounds like yours.

Official ARMS rankings:

Ribbon Girl > Min Min > Mister Mummy > Mechanica > Spring Man > Flubber

1v1 >>>>>>>>>>> 3p FFA > 2v2 > 4p FFA > 2v2 Volleyball > 1v1 Volleyball

Shocker > Megaton > Min Min's electric Megaton > Slapamander > Revolver > Toaster > all else

Spring ring > DNA lab > Stairs

Motion Controls > Pro Controller

Are you counting powerups?
There are not 270 individual arms.

GREEN JELLYMAN
REPRESENT

youtube.com/watch?v=Gtffv9bpB-U

>The complexity stems from the basic mindgames of when to dash/jump/block or throw/grab, it's a little bit like a more complicated and enjoyable rock paper scissors.

Welcome to fighting games.

What about the ninja guy?

I play Zac in League of Legends and will play this motherfucker in ARMS

is my soul just made of flubber

After a successful thrown or dash-charge (still don't know how to do this one) you have your left arm charge until you're thrown

Great argument, moron. Really convinced me that this game is complex enough to be fun for years.

this, kinda disappointed with it

>Mintendo Noodle House
>Min Min's weight
>the entirety of Helix's entry

A game like Tekken has over 100 moves you can do with your character on top of all the basic mind games for an insane amount of combos.

ARMS does not.

Says the guy that thinks fucking Tekken is complex

You guys recorded your playtime right?

Post webms.

Forgot about him, between Spring Man and Flubber probably

>89.99 Canadian
>plus 15% sales tax
>103 CAD total for a fucking game like this
>mfw I didn't even have that much fun during the test punch because waggle felt like shit

Christ. I'm so glad they announced MH for the Switch or I'd have major regrets right now. No way I can buy this shit.

KEK

Compared to ARMS? Five times as complex.

is mummy man fun, i hope he is.

>The Fighters page has all info translated
>"Stats" include size, arm girth, speed, and jumping
>Last two stats are character specific
>Springman is 300% jokes and enthusiasm

This page is fantastic.

Yes. He's a bit slow and his dash sucks, but his signature arms are great.
The heal while blocking is great in 1v1v1 or FFA.

>tekken
>not complex
what

I like to think of ARMS as a fighting game for people who hate fighting games.

fuck off

>I-I-It's just Wii Waggle!!! P-PLZ don't take my spot in evo...

fgc continues to be a laughing stock

Not that user, but there doesn't seem to be a lot variety with your playstyles. The different character abilities and different arms help, but not by much. Your strategies don't seem to change all that much.

I will laugh if arms makes it to evo.

>Actually 1000000% gross
>But still the most technical and, in turn, best fighter

It's gonna be a long gross road to be good with Helix.

>did this same shit but in DNA arena
Shit so cash, MinMin a best

That last test punch sucked. Didn't come across anybody except for Ninjara, Min Min, and Springman. One Mummy, but it was V Ball,
so it doesn't really matter who it was.

The fuck you talking about? I enjoy the game, I'm just trying to have a discussion about how long it'll be fun for given its rather low level of complexity.

>A game like Tekken has over 100 moves

The all function the exact same. They're just slightly different shaped hitboxes

If you had played literally any other fighting game, you would know that judging depth based on playing the party mode without about 50% of the unlocks with people who are all playing it for the first time is really fucking stupid.

Really? Someone like Robbon Girl is pretty much forced into an aerial, dodge-heavy playstyle while Master Mummy can't jump or dodge for shit, so he has a more slow, tanky playstyle. I found the variety of style pretty impressive and refreshing.

We know ARMS fighters wake up one day with ARMS, but why did only Ribbon Girl wake up perfect?

Considering that it's obviously a deeper game then Smash fucking 4 ARMS can easily be at EVO

why does it matter that this was in party mode?
In the latest test punch I still had some great 1v1 battles against other people who already knew what they were doing.

Just because you're still stuck in the "spam throw and hope I win" phase doesn't mean other, better players aren't much further ahead you inbred mongrel.

It only has to be fun for a month when Splatoon 2 comes out.

Just be aware. Discord encourages actual good discussion of the game and heavily promotes competitiveness and practice. Discord users will have an upper hand, and will consistently body all the shitters here assuming you even bother with Sup Forumskend threads, then they'll bully you.

Don't say you didn't get warned.

different ways to play the game doesn't mean more depth, depth comes from core gameplay mechanics and mechanical skill.

That wouldn't fly with me, though. Not for 60 bucks. If the game is only fun for one month, then 60 bucks is not an appropriate price.

>Your strategies don't seem to change all that much.

Just like Tekken

>Like fighting games
>Don't have the time to learn 100+ moves per character

So Arms is for me then

>Min Min/Ninjara just does the same jump into dodge into grab over and over again even though its unsafe and clearly not working
I don't get some people.

god damn, do you realize that you're the people ruining Sup Forums?

>mfw cheap grabjara

What drives people to do this shit, honestly

I'm not in the discord, I'm just letting you know what will happen. Be prepared.

>a fighting game needs 100 flashy moves to be deep

The punching in ARMS has more versatility then literally any attack ever featured in Tekken

I thought it was $50?

>Having trouble with Ninjara

They almost always attack after a dash. Counter that shit.

Learn how to play retard.

Like clockwork.

You have two paths, the path to enlightenment on discord, or the path of the salty literally who shitters crying in 4chins. Pick wisely.

>>a fighting game needs 100 flashy moves to be deep
it does, moves with different hitboxes attack speeds and damage add depth.

>If the game is only fun for one month

Why would it only be fun for a month?

You are the same reddit spacing faggot from the last thread.

>mummy's age: unknown
>mummy's hobbies: Searching for his long-lost family
holy shit

ATTENTION: DO NOT REPLY TO DISCORD SHITTERS

IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THEM TO KEEP DOING

REPORT, HIDE, AND IGNORE INSTEAD

this is my last mention of discord

What about ARMS with different hitboxes, attack speeds, and damage?

And yet it's everyone else that gets the spotlight. Mummy's probably got the most honorable of all stories. He just wants his family back.

Is what they're doing really banworthy though? Why file the report?

Shut the fuck up. You're the same kind of moron that kept spamming the discord in the mario kart threads.
The people in there don't even want this crap, it's just one person (you) who is fucking autistic.

>crying

I'm just confused as to why someone would use such cheap tactics to win, I just don't understand what drives people to do this.

I will when I get some chance to actually practice the game.