What are the best survival games?

What are the best survival games?

Other urls found in this thread:

pmj.bmj.com/content/49/569/203
blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea/2011/05/13/the-science-of-starvation-how-long-can-humans-survive-without-food-or-water/
store.steampowered.com/app/305620/The_Long_Dark/
store.steampowered.com/app/318600/The_Flame_in_the_Flood/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't Starve.

>3 hours without shelter
In what situation? That seems pretty vague.

whaddaya mean 3 hours without shelter?
Hobos survive day by day without shelter for longer than 3 hours.

Seems like bullshit, I can sit outside for three hours no problem

metal gear survive

That's the one thing I don't get either, each way I try to think about it still doesn't make sense.

I once went to a midnight release and had to wait 2h 55m before getting into the store
my liver was malfunctioning and I had to amputee a leg after that, but I did survive

>leave house for 3.1 hours
>die

>3 days without shelter
in what fucking world

Probably referring to basement dweller neckbeards having to leave home to get their NEETbux.

>Be me
>Take a walk outside
>Forget to check the time
>Ohshit.jpg
>Two hours and 59 minutes
>Run to my house
>It's locked
>Don't get it open in time
>Die

>3 hours without shelter

What the fuck? I'm pretty sure I've been outside of any kind of shelter for much longer than 3 hours before. What the fuck does that even mean?

That 3 hours thing must refer to the worst weather conditions, but even then you can survive on the fucking North Pole during a Blizzard for longer if dressed properly.

7 days to die.

hmmm, all 3s..... must be correct....

>go to work
>die everyday
well lads

>30 days with no food whatsoever
I don't believe that

There's literally no situation where it really makes sense without some kind of stipulation.

>oh shit, it's been 2.99 hours
>take off jacket, prop it up with a stick
>now I've got 3 days
Sweet.

It's "survive", not be able to move and run around and shit.

You won't die as long as you have water for several weeks. Your body stores up enough energy in fat to last you a while, longer depending on your fat stored, but you don't store water.

>30 Days without food

Does this actually apply if you're a fat fuck?

>marathons are just people trying to see how far they can run before they immediately explode at 3:00:00

>Walk home in the cold and rain with only a light sweater without stopping
>5 hour walk
>Wasn't ok when I got home but was far from dead.
>I should have died half way there.
Well, guess I'm immortal.

this might be for the snowy survival game, cant remember the name.

>sunbathing
>forget to bring my stopwatch with me
>as soon as 3 hours pass I burst into flames

I read about a really fat guy who lost weight by only eating vitamin pills and drinking water, while his body ate his fat for like a year

Fat fucks starve super fast because the energy needed to move their bulk drains their reserves fast

there were cases when people stay under rubble and wait for rescue almost whole one month

That seems far more difficult than just going to the gym, but I wouldn't put it past fatties

>3 hours without shelter
They are talking about in extreme weather conditions. So 3 hours of hypothermia exposure without sufficient jackets, or heat stroke conditions without sufficiently cool shaded area to rest.

>survival game where you only have three hours to scavenge for food, water and air before you have to get back to your base

Might be cool

>some people are extremely conscious of their looks and constantly think about how others perceive them
Shocker, I know.

>scavenge for air

Nah it actually is around a year for them.
They still need vitamin/mineral supplements though or their body eats itself and they die.

pmj.bmj.com/content/49/569/203

bought Dont starve alone yesterday, I'm not really understanding the game. I guess eat food is good, what else should I do? only survived to day 5 so far, my brain went to 0. it has such high rating, hope it's not memery

>breathing air from atmosphere
>be this pleb

>bottled air
I bet it's not even bottled at the source, faggot.

Sorta.

Pathologic.

Pick flowers and make flower hat.
Prepare for winter.

>mfw posting this after being 2 hours and 59 minutes outside
heh, and you guys said that something would h

Damn I want to read that article. I thought you at least need a little bit of new food to go with burning fat

3 hours without shelter?

Dorf fort is easily the most in-depth open ended collective survival game, and it's free.

>3 hours without shelter

>making a thread with an OP more interesting than the subject

F

Honestly anyone who goes outside in the first place is a moron.

What is this, an infographic for vampires?

kek

is that the game? why is it so highly rated then

Stop shitposting and play the game

Pathologic.

>steal all the food from the hunchbacks house before finding out his daughter died

maybe it means 3 hours of exposure to extreme sun/extreme cold? does shelter count stuff like appropriate clothing?
who knows

you do, if you starve yourself, your body goes into a survival mode and slows your metabolism to a crawl. eventually if you are still starving after a week or two it will burn fat, but it takes a lot longer to start.

referring to extreme conditions, it's poorly worded

3 hours without shelter?

Shelter?!

Your body starts to burn fat and muscle as energy sources.

This.

I'm assuming shelter also means proper clothing in extreme weather.

It should be more clear though.

Ive found the article and he only drank water and took pills. After a while losing weight was only 0.72lb per day. At the other hand

>there being 37-48 days between stools latterly
Imagine only having to shit once per month

Gandhi went 21 days, I think that's the longest documented case of somebody surviving.

>leave house for 3 and a half hours
>die

Delete my history bros, its too late for me

That's right Snake, the weather in Alaska is very hard to predict.
It can change on a dime.
A lot of people say it’s the worst weather in the world.

>you can survive for three hours stark naked in the middle of a blizzard

That's actually somewhat surprising. I would assume you'd die of exposure in 30 minutes in those conditions.

>when ya been on a walk 2 and a half hours and gotta sprint home before you die

That's really dumb, he probably llost all of his muscle as well.

>Gandhi
>surviving

Amputee is a noun. You "amputate" a leg.

Actually after looking it up, it seems hypothermia kicks in about 30 minutes during the extreme cold (assuming you're not clothed properly) so I'm wrong about that.

I'm pretty sure death isn't that far off then since you'll eventually be KO'd.

So now I'm confused by 3 hours of no shelter.

Hype for alpha16.

no, please tell me it's worth the time first

>So now I'm confused by 3 hours of no shelter.
It's probably like it was said above. Extreme heat/cold with regular clothing on for that occasion.

That's why the hotdog vendors in your area always look different. They cycle the poor bastards regularly. Offices would count as shelter from a survival aspect simply because it's indoors.

Your commute time is longer than 3 hours?

Quick googling says you're wrong, though I assume the guy was pretty fat.

rick

blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea/2011/05/13/the-science-of-starvation-how-long-can-humans-survive-without-food-or-water/

>One of the most well known cases of voluntary starvation, is the hunger strike of Mahatma Ganhdi. During his protest, Gandhi ate absolutely no food and only took sips of water for 21 days, and survived. What extraordinary about this case is the fact that Gandhi was very lean when he started his hunger-strike, thus not having much energy reserve from the outset. Also, it must be noted that during his life, Gandhi is reported to have performed a total of 14 hunger strikes.

>walking along the road
>its been 2 hours and 59 minutes since i left home
>Fuck fuck fuck
>see car
>Break window and crawl in
>Safe
>Crawl back out
>Resume walk

At least read the article
>In a 1997 editorial in the British Medical Journal, Peel briefly reviewed the available literature regarding human starvation. Generally, it appears as though humans can survive without any food for 30-40 days, as long as they are properly hydrated. Severe symptoms of starvation begin around 35-40 days, and as highlighted by the hunger strikers of the Maze Prison in Belfast in the 1980s, death can occur at around 45 to 61 days.
There are examples of fasting for more than 3 weeks "without" any, assuming you're hydrated

You can go literally months without food, IF you are fat enough.

And by fat enough I mean like 600, 500 pounds. And you would still need vitamins and water.

It was true all along

DayZ mod is still the best. Standalone is slowly getting better but the Mod is superior.

>he doesn't know the umbrella trick
fucking casuals, every time you unfold an umbrella above you the timer resets

Did you know that if you cover your left ear, you'll hear what you sound like to other people when you talk?

Did you know that you are cute?

store.steampowered.com/app/305620/The_Long_Dark/

Is this a survival tip? Will this help me pass the three hour mark when I go outside?

Jesus christ this shit is still early access

>30 days without food
>3 days without shelter

What in the fuck?

>at the same exact moment, in various places around the world, young men sitting at their computers raised a hand, placed it over their left ear, and started talking to themselves

unironically minecraft

store.steampowered.com/app/318600/The_Flame_in_the_Flood/

Seen this exact thread 4 times

Everyone says shit like 'going to go mow my lawn guys wish me luck might take 4 hours'
LOL FUNY EVRY TIEM

>tfw I heard another person in my house doing the same thing
On the plus side if he browses Sup Forums he's 90% likely to be gay. Party time.

>if he browses Sup Forums he's 90% likely to be gay

There's that meme again.