ITT: fuck you, it's my favorite game in the series

ITT: fuck you, it's my favorite game in the series.

Post em

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/1G55E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do people put up with the feeling of this game? Just things like walking around, rolling and attacking feel so horrible its not worth putting up with for a couple of decent bosses.

itt: contrarian faggots

Well DaS1 and 3 are objectively terrible and unfinished, so liking those games is contrarian in contrast with the excellent and complete package that is Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.

>This diamond is unpolished so its worse than this pristine turd.

Finished it 3 times.

What's the source of original concept? Are there more like that?

Hello vocal minority.

Source is the map data that's still in the game but doesn't get loaded nor does it have any collission data, textures or anything else associated with it.

>2H UGS parrying
>Powerstancing
>OK PVP

Literally all of the positives i can list off the top of my head with this game, everything else is disgusting repeating textures or infinite poise NPC invaders. Enjoy the 2nd worst souls game you contrarian freak.

Doom 3

In case you wondered why there are random Grave Wardens in Earthen Peak: it once connected to the Undead Crypt.

Different version of Iron Keep that felt a lot more like a factory/forge with those knight automatons hanging from the ceiling and sword moulds, anvils and shit everywhere.
Apparently most of that concept was later turned into Brume Tower.

an entirely unused area, probably the one that went between Earthen Peak and Iron Keep.

4 has a lot going over it but didn't do enough. Right now it's a tie between Brawl and 4 for me but I give Brawl the edge simply to spite the Meleefags.

most of the inside is corrupted/unfinished and there are a bunch of annotations here and there.
No clue what they say, though.

>if you don't go with popular opinion at all times, you're a faggot

Different version of DC that (in addition to some garbled mess in front of it) features an additional way inside throught the aqueduct that the devs kept talking about but ultimately cut in the end.

It's actually probably a tie between this and Morrowind but Skyrim is the only Elder Scrolls game that feels like it has any degree of polish. Oblivion is rancid fucking ass that doesn't have the RPG depth of Morrowind but also doesn't have the decent gameplay and exploration of Skyrim, Oblivions gameplay is 100% fucking abhorrent.

Skyrim gets way too much praise from normalfags but also way too much shit from Sup Forumsirgins.

Have devs ever commented on those findings and what were they supposed to be?

Tons of unfinished shit outside of Aldia's Keep.

Nice, Brawl is probably my favorite too.

>Well DaS1 and 3 are objectively terrible and unfinished

and yet better games

>Different version of Iron Keep that felt a lot more like a factory/forge with those knight automatons hanging from the ceiling and sword moulds, anvils and shit everywhere.

does it have a less retarded entrance?

nice fucking meme. I don't even like DaS 3 that much but it, DeS and Bloodborne are by far the least blatantly unfinished games in the series. DaS 2 is even more unfinished than 1, 1 is at least extremely pristine and polished for the first 1/2 while dark souls 2 feels incredibly scattered and half-baked throughout the entire game.

keep posting user, these are very interesting

this
looks like the lava area from the first cinematic trailer and it probably would have been between EP and IK considering it's like going into a mountain.

the iron keep transition would work a lot better if the elevator just went down for a long time instead of up

>You will never run atop that big bridge that goes to the Drangleic Keep.

Not that I know of but a lot of it matches the concept art or the stuff found in the trailers.

>223 votes
It seems about right but the question is raised as to whether that's really representative or not.

>Best Torch
>Best boss gimmicks even if it loses on best boss fights by a significantly large margin
>Best water
>Best environment fuckery with Ballista, Pharros lockstones, blowing holes in walls, knocking down doors, lighting shit on fire, etc
>Best spells
>Probably some more shit I'm forgetting

The rest is kind of meh but it has some pretty good shit embedded in the bad shit.

Development was a disaster and the scope for the game was probably way out of proportion with what they could conceivably finish in the time they had available even before possible publisher meddling.

"this is good...isn't it?"

not my favorite but I am happy at that answered the questions MGS2 asked and made Raiden not shit

There's also no Black Gulch in that version.
Instead you travelled through a series of collapsed structures, including a giant statue of Nashandra and upside down buildings, a cave with a dragon skeleton impaled on some odd-looking shit and more sewers.

Yes, that is the point.

Loved Brawl. Personally prefer Melee over it but I'd be lying if I said I didn't play hours upon hours as my main boy Snake.

>made Raiden not shit
somebody didn't understand MGS2

Holy shit maybe this was their intent but the B team thought naw let's duck their brains and make it go up instead.

But seriously it would make so much more sense to go down

>Liquid Ocelot riding on top a boat making gun fingers and shooting everyone
This game was pretty good.

figures, someone badmouths Raiden and then the MGS2 fags come in and say "YOU DON'T "GET" IT!"

My problem as well

That's actually the outside of Undead Crypt, it was massively cut down from what it was supposed to be, so you only get to explore a small portion of it

>rolling

which is useless unless you level ADP but the game give no indication that ADP is useful

Mine too honestly, it's close between this and DaS

There were suppose to be a mountain behind earthen peak.
Also, the location of the elevator is at the middle of the tower, not at the top of it.

>Well DaS1 and 3 are objectively terrible and unfinished

On Sup Forums everything is either amazing or terrible, nothing can be just better or worse

they actually kind of have.
Read the design works interview for DaS2, the producer and two others talk about the process. The game was pretty much finished with a map structure. So when they decided it wasnt good enough they had to break the map up and reuse a lot of areas in new ways, thats why certain things feel like they are out of context and not dark soulsy.

They actually mention the Iron Keep and that they should have made the elevator go down instead of up

lobster-thing in Lost Bastille

Also: tons of shit in the Dark Chasm of Old map:
imgur.com/a/1G55E

>I see you posted a webm with some quality gameplay not commonly found in another game or two. But I'm going to point out one or two nitpicks and tell you the entire game is irredeemable trash.
Every time.

Oh crap, now I can't help but wonder what could have been. Remake made in a way it was supposed to be when?

Yeah, they wanted to have Iron Keep in some sort of crater lake atop a mountain but the admitted that the transition was kinda horrendous.

Also, the elevator is also in this version of the map.

Along with some details that are missing in the final game like lion-fountains atop the entrance to Mytha's room that puke poison into the lower levels...

way fucking better than future. future has better ost though.

...and some caves that are replaced by rocks in the final game.

legacy of kain: defiance

I hated EP. It was just such a random location. Was kind of annoyed they brought it back in the Ringed city dLC

>dark souls 2 could have had big complex levels
>much of it was scrapped 3/4 of the way through development
Just imagine being one of the guys who was modeling that shit

Bite me, faggots.

map bro do you have any explanation of the waterfall before the skeleton lords bossfight?

it seems like the room above the room you fight them has some sort of flood that's creating the waterfall but there's no way to see what's happening

Gonna get a burned asshole for this.

I loved that they brought it back and wrecked it.

Top this.

user this isn't a "what is literally the worst game in the franchise" thread

FFX is great.

Eh, I kind of agree. This is the only game in the franchise which made me feel like an actual Assassin. Not even because it's the only one where you are an actual, historically accurate Assassin, but because all the pre-assassination preparation and information gathering. Also the whole modern story and conspiracy theory bullshit was still pretty interesting and mysterious back then.

:(

Unironically as well. Some of it is because it's the first PS2 game I played that wasn't a sports game, but i can go back and play it, 100% it every year. I tried Vice City recently and struggled to get past the initial few missions

I'm glad people are coming around to it, because for a while there it would get shat on.

Sadly, there's nothing interesting going on up there and the waterfall actually comes out of nowhere.

However...

Hey, are you Japanese?

I think the thing with this game is that it really confirmed that it's better to make the fans want what you give them, than to give them what they want

>MGS2
What the fuck is this stupid, confusing nonsense? Why do I play as a prissy Raiden?
>MGS3 gives you a simple spy thriller story where you play as Big Boss
WTF why didn't you resolve all the questions in MGS2??
>MGS4 resolves all the questions in MGS2 and neatly closes most, if not all holes
WTF THAT ISN'T WHAT I WANTED AT ALL

>Dark Souls 2
>the complete package
That's pretty stupid user.

The older GTAs haven't aged well, but if you've got nostalgia for a game I can see still getting enjoyment out of it.
Pic related. It looks like absolute garbage and plays horribly but I love it regardless, due in large part to having played it when I was younger I'm sure.

Oh it aged like a fine milk for sure. But for some reason the older I got, the more I appreciated GTAIII, and the less I can play Vice City.

Masami Von Weizeggar

Main Character of Ring of Red, Born and raised in Japan, he is the child of a German father and Japanese mother. Although lacking in practical experience, he has demonstrated prowess in piloting AFWs. He pilots a Standard AFW

...there's a second bridge to the Undead Purgatory and a large triumphal arch behind it.
Not sure if those are background objects for the pvp arenas since I never visited those and their map data is slapped on top of the normal one.

I guess the reason was that Earthen Peak was the most unique and recognisable one out of all DS2 locations that wasn't too "over the top" like Iron Keep.

>WTF THAT ISN'T WHAT I WANTED AT ALL

it's just MGS2 fanboys pissed that their "masterpiece" was explained when they claim it was unanswered on purpose. And that Raiden's "character" from MGS2 (which there was none) was "ruined" in 4

AC 1
AoE 1
DS 2

Maybe not the most up to date game in the series, but definitely the one that got the kept emotion out of me, especially with Custom Edition on the PC and the community made mods that came with it

Same here, although I love all GTA games and played through them numerous times. GTAIII just feels like a really fine transition between the arcadish top down view GTAs and more "modern" games. And sometimes I really wonder whether it went the right way afterwards.

Man, navigating through some of the maps is a bitch due to how unfinished and glitchy some of them are.
Lost Bastille is especially terrible but I managed to find what would later become Belfry Luna.
Notice something?
Those aren't the reskinned gargoyles from DS1 but completely different ones.
Either they're just placeholders or the reskinned ones were initially not planned to appear.

Might as well ask here, I heard somewhere that apparently you can see Belfry sol from Luna on the horizon and vice versa. Is this true? Seems like bullshit to me, but I've never bothered with reinstalling the game to check that myself

what does it say ?!

>people are taking this bait

Nah.
In fact, Majula, FotFG, Heide and Shaded Woods are like the only areas where you can see any other ones.
Hell, you can't even see any of the seaside locations or the aqueduct from Drangleic Castle and instead you get some completely different environments.