General MMO thread

General MMO thread.

What games are you playing?
Waiting for anything coming out?

Chronicles of Elyria looks like it might be fun when it comes out but I'm not sure how it will last.

it will not last

I hope it atleast turns out okay.

Personally I've been trying to find a mmo recently that makes me feel rewarded for the time i spent playing it, which has been harder and harder to find recently.

Just started WoW on elysium,having fun.Also there was supposed to be a new private server coming along,named core which looked promising.Any news on that?

>tfw want to go back to playing osrs but uni doesn't let me

Lmao their UI is literally stolen WoW UI mods

been playing gw2, pretty comfy.
also was looking at maybe givng tree of savior another chance, since supposedly it had all of it's p2w and performance issues fixed, as well as balacing so that swordsmen aren't literally useless

if you're referring to corecraft it died last year
the only two big upcoming ones are gummy's TBC and crestfall vanilla

>Space Planet

Yeah, it was a mock up. It wasn't a real game you autist.
Do you seriously think "Space Planet" would be a real location?

First I've heard about ToS fixes, might give that a try.

I bit on BDO cause it was $6 on steam, but i heard its not very good at the whole multiplayer part of being a mmo.

Oh it was crestfall,thanks user.Never heard of that gummy one though.

Is your nick really character name?
I pity you for your lack of imagination.

And that's literally not a game, it is a WoW UI done to look like a Halo MMO.

what do you expected from halo?

Waiting for a decent wotlk server. Gonna play on Northcraft.

heard a bit about the big combat fixes they are doing for ToS, so I was thinking I would at least look at the game a bit again. abosolutely garbage that you could only play swordsman and most cleric classes up to level 180-220 ish before being fucking useless, and even then it was a hellish grind because of the lack of damage

>tfw played OSRS to destress from uni anyways

Seems like it was to early for a General MMO thread.

Could've been worse,user.

Tree of Savior, it's playable now

Did they increase mob density?

Leveling is a breeze now, and swordsman does more DPS than other classes.

On most maps, biggest thing is there isn't a separate respawns timer for the map and the mobs now.

If you used to play ToS and look for comeback then you have to atleast boot the game today or tomorrow.
Right now there is an event for reset stats skills and classes for free alongside returning player bonus and a free dlc with lots of cash shop goodies going off of sale next week

Used to play Ragnarok Online long ago, gave it a try recently, and it's too dead. Gave up on MMORPGs as a whole

any worthwhile new mmo around the corner? just hate that catch up game.

Maybe I'll try Worlds Adrift, the crafting and open world plus total pvp aspects seem interesting.

Much longer wait for Ashes of Creation. I don't have my hopes up, esp w the kickstarter, but I will keep an eye on it.

We seem to be in the age where several mmos are promising big things but failing to be as big as promised or just taking forever to come out.

Whatever happened to Allods online?

Did some drama happen or did corecraft die a silent death?

Isn't this what the whole generals board is for? At least try and cutesy it up without including the words "general" and "thread" in the same sentence.

Black Desert Online because it came out on steam and there's no pay2win. Comfy sandbox.

May start a hunter on elysium never played hunter in vanilla, how is it?

ESO, nothing else is worth spending money on these days. We are in the dark ages of MMORPGs. Waiting for Crowfall, Pantheon, and Age of Camelot. Really just hoping at least one of those ends up coming out and being good.

What game should I play if I want to get back into MMOs, but play very seriously. That doesn't mean just competitive stats (arena rating, kill count, wealth and so on), but doing things regular player doesn't normally do and gaining huge profit in the process. Includes instance selling, trade schemes, small scale pvp (you won't believe me, but it's discouraged in some games), mercenary work, politics, clan warfare, espionage.
I'm already eying EVE Online, because it has all those things and more, but it seems pretty dead right now. Do you have other suggestions?

>and there's no pay2win

Im waiting for a tera 2 or something with cool combos.

It's a joke you autist. Also WoW is an EQ clone anyway

BDO shills are really trying hard recently huh

IT has and has always been for single game generals. Have you never opened it up?

This combat system is trying too hard to be different.

I want an MMO, no some action rpg wannabe.

Allods online - a really promising project in an old, beloved franchise - had a potential to become a WoW killer. However, the game got carried away with fierce microtransactions (you could spend your yearly salary just to buy something in the game), most people have fled because of that. I don't know what happened next, though.

I'm not sure theres anything else that isn't survival early access garbage.

There was another game in a medieval setting that was sandboxy like EvE in development but I forget its name.

>tfw your endgame is about getting pretty dresses

I try not to, but there are threads like Roguelike generals on there that aren't about 1 game in particular.

Hyped to get into the secret world when it goes free (you don't have to buy a single meme and it does not increase the grind)

Any okay/playable mmos on the market that doesn't have the usual grind quests to end game then raid type formula or that is focused more on action combat?
Those have been my favorites so far, Firefall, Warframe, that kind of shit. Mind you they were grindy as fuck but they were still fairly enjoyable games, I especially liked how in Firefall you could just run around the map and do activities and shit as they popped up, it felt very liberating. The "WoW-formula" never really caught my eye unfortunately.

Probably drama behind the scenes but they finally went under last summer and took their years of development and progress with them. After Elysium's trainwreck everybody is trying to rush out TBC servers now that Corecraft's shadow isn't looming over them

Not him, but from what I've seen that's not usually the case with MMO's.

Oh, nice. I've been wanting to do a story run of that game for ages. Even though of buying it a few times.

Jesus, it can't be that bad. I just want a good game that isn't a carebear town with loot pinatas. My old MMO pals want me to play Black Desert, but I haven't even seen any footage, and don't know what's the game like. I don't feel it's a serious game I can enjoy.

Morrowind. Binge playing was a mistake, I'm probably going to take a pause before finishing it.

I still like it. Been playing with a friend so the dead game doesn't seem so dead.

Also, playing WoW for the first time on a private server with another group of buds. I don't really like the lack of classes.

I've been playing that trickster private server. It's fun. Though my taste is shit because I like grinding games.

>Elysium's trainwreck
Ok I missed too much.What?

>shady Russian server admins blatantly in league with Chinese gold sellers and botters, defend them at every time and adamantly refuse to deal with them
>hacked accounts, gear, and gold popping up left and right on the old Nost realm
>most of the Elysium team left during January during all of this
The server is relatively stable now and it's still the most populated vanilla server, but everybody's confidence is shook and few want to gamble on yet another 1x vanilla server in the near future.

They still haven't fixed the line-of-sight bullshit.
Hope crestfall releases soon,considering there doesn't seem to be any reliable tbc server on the way.

>I don't really like the lack of classes.
This was a HUGE turn off when I first started playing the game, and even though people kept saying "each class has 3 different specializations that play very differently" the game felt stale and too similar pretty quickly.

Nowadays I don't think it even makes any difference anymore, since there are like one or two classes in the entire game that actually play slightly differently: melee and ranged.

The game is 100% dead, and there are no hopes it will be good ever again.

>thinking this is an actual screenshot of someones gameplay

Jesus user

>tfw you have the sudden urge to play Wildstar again
>come to the realization that it's still dead even after the F2P shift
I wish there was an MMO that would actually grab me, but I'm just not interested in anything already out or coming out

all mmo's have gone to shit currently. I honestly don't even expect them to recover to an emergent, popular level again for another decade. Not even kidding people need to stop putting so much hope into these shitty games with no new innovations

Ultima, Runescape, WoW, Ragnarok, etc. any mmo that had a cherished time went to complete shit, they all suffered the same fate and nothing came anew to replace their glory-- all that is left is either their rotting corpses trucking along still or they're dead. I feel bad for anyone that didn't get to experience any of it. I always make fun of my one friend for always joining in on mmo's late into their lifespans after they already started to die without getting to experience what made me and our friends get so addicted in the first place ( he joins wow during cata, runescape after 07, etc)

Damn, that's a fucking bummer. I wish I played during its hayday then, maybe then I will at least have nostalgia driving me forwad like EQ2 is doing for me. Going through the starting dungeons again like Fallen Gate or Nektropos Castle kinda brings a tear to my eye.

If only EQ next didn't fall apart or at least some other MMO came along to fill the void. I miss the community. I miss playing with a group of friends dungeon crawling together.

I miss when EQ2 was alive. Echoes of Faydwer expansion contained some of my best online memories.

>and there's no pay2win
Isn't there a cloak that's necessary for pvp because it hides your name and almost makes you untargetable?

>tfw mmos used to come out all the time
>Had fun as fuck for a few weeks with all of them but never really stuck to any
>Still had a good time
>Barely anything comes out anymore
I miss mmos
I hope New World is good

Am i the only person in the world Who wants a MMORPG like Aion or Archeage but in Single player?

I tried to host my own Aion P server but its hard as fuck.

Archeage was a perfect game but they fucked it up bu making it insanely P2W.

playing return of reckoning. good pvp campaign but kinda zergy

I uninstalled GW2 earlier today.

I'm waiting for anything good to come out. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Lost Ark. It looks really nice and hope that goes beyond the visuals.

That could be fun as well. Tera still has the best combat which is unfortunate depending on how you look at it.

Project 1999 is kinda not-dead-ish if you're into that sort of thing. I enjoyed soloing a Barb shaman for a while at least.

Not even joking I'd Pay £1000 for something like that, Or playing Aion Offline Holy fuck thats a dream.

Can i make an offensive Cryomancer build yet?If not pass desu.

Yes. Doing quests in those games was boring and tedious as hell. And I did many: Miragent, Noble Dew and others.

playing a private WoW server with a few friends.
I fucking hate WoW, and i dont see how people enjoyed this shit.
Just makes me want to go play Runescape or Black Desert.

>tfw actually kind of liked wildstar from what i saw in levelling it
>none of my friends wanted to play and it is now completely dead

Greed. It was ass rapingly pay to win.
To the point where you had to pay real money to just to equip drops from dungeons with their full stats.
And you had to pay per item.

EVE. I come back to it for 6 months every couple of years. There's just nothing else that scratches the same itch

Wildstar tried way too hard to prevent logging with all the distractions and diversions.
Its overwhelming and annoying.

Is FFXIV any good? I kinda want play it, how much is it for the whole package now?

>Comfy sandbox.

It's not a sandbox just like gw2 isn't one.

Kill yourself

>actually shilling for a p2w gook grindan gaem

I've never grown tired of the endgame gear grind faster than in FFXIV, I don't know what makes it so obvious, but once I hit max level I pretty much immediately stopped playing. It's worth a playthrough for the mainquest though, I'd say

BDO's combat is great though.
Any MMO that discourages hotbar autism is going in the right direction. Its just bogged down by a lot of other things.

Jesus, why

The questing was meh
PVE dungeons, raids, and even the world bosses were pretty good and the PVP wasn't half bad either

Try excel.

Dammit, i just want a game to play a Red Mage-esque character.

wildstar could have been great but the people that play mmos killed it.
>we need daily quests!
.... fucking why....

Destiny 2 comes out in a couple months, that might be something you'd enjoy

I still play it a bunch, if you just wanna try it out it has a trial up to 35 for all characters. RDM is in the expansion so maybe you would like that.

Wildstar had character.
It just suffered from the same old WoW clone problems.

Nice meme

I would really like to play one.

FFXIV is good but they have set it up so you can't start playing without doing a ton of story fetch quests alone. Even FFXI didn't have that kind of barrier for starting players.

>too busy to play a point and click game where you can literally afk skills

lies

mariel.........

>yry playibg MMOs again
>everything went to shit
>actually have fun playing GW2

>RDM is in the expansion so maybe you would like that.
I saw a vid of it showcasing some characters actually, and that's where i got the itch for it.But is it expensive for the whole game atm?

Warmane tbc released recently, 5x exp rate and the rest is pretthy standard. I like it so far.

Daily quests weren't a big issue. It was more in that they focused TOO much on dailies instead of making better endgame content.
That too.
I just liked the aesthetic a lot. Reminds me a lot of Ratchet and Clank.

Same here. Since 2008 I have played it for 6 months every two years. Every time I return I busy myself with a different thing, hang out with different people etc. Nothing can replace it. I might even return to it again this summer.

I really liked the whole idea of wildstar and what they wanted to do but personally the art style prevented me from enjoying the game.