Anybody here still playing Street Fighter V? If you dropped it, why?

Anybody here still playing Street Fighter V? If you dropped it, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

still playing but thinking about dropping it for rev2 entirely. just so sick of some of the bs and the limited defense in this garbo game

>playing sf5
nah we're just here jerking off to cammy

>If you dropped it, why?
youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A

i dropped it because it's fucking boring, there's absolutely 0 excitement

I dropped it because it has so few redeeming features over any other fighting game that there's almost no point in playing it. The only reason to play it is because it's popular and has crossplay. Almost every other part of the game is completely subpar, and it continues to fail even with the legacy name.

>fighting against a 32 win streak Ken
>decide I'd best take this fight seriously
>he's actually complete shit and disconnects the moment I KO him
What are people like this trying to prove?

people actually pay money to get their rank boosted in competitive games, think about that

I'm considering getting the PC version simply so I can get the thicc Cammy and Juri mods. Could not care less about the game itself.

I bought it for $17, played 1 match and dropped it completely.
It's just sitting there in my collection.

>can't form actual opinions on your own
>relies on people to do it for you

Are you retarded, user?

My nigga
Just finished watching this

I spent 7 years playing nothing but the midrange neutral game in SF4, which I enjoyed the fuck out of. It doesn't really exist in SF5.

And the online matchmaking still sucks.

No proper tutorial.

>you cant have the same opinion as someone
Yeah fuck him for not taking 5 hours out of his time to edit a concise video just to appease your autism

If he can't take 30 seconds to write up his opinion in a post he might be retarded.

Still playing and waiting for the update. I also peorder Tekken 7 and planning to play them both. :)

what is the history behind this one?

sf attracts some of the most annoying players. there are days where i just turn the game off because everyone, even at high rank, plays like shit /fraudulent/online tactics as fuck. therea re games i win with juri against so called high ranked players with next to nothing but st mk.

sometimes when i keep a laura out 99% of the time only to eat st mk into vtrigger into wrong guess and die i question why i even bother. i wonder if the people are thinking that they deserved that win

How come it's ok to say randomness democratizes victories, reducing wins for skilled players, in fighting games, but when you say Dota 2 uses its ubiquitous RNG for the same effect you are told to 'git gud'? Don't they see RNG precisely negates the need to get good, or do they willingly choose to ignore it?

Then you would just accuse him of parroting like the lazy fuck you are. Attack the argument.

Is that a tranny? How the fuck do you get your ass kicked by a teenage girl?

Refuse to burn coal, Coal pays the toll.

If SFV was heavily luck-based and easier for anyone to pick up and play and be the next Daigo then why are the same players consistently winning?

This is legit the first video i've seen of SFV that is 100% correct.
It's sad that Capcom has not been able to fix even the most basic problems, like netcode or lobbies.
At this point the game is appealing to nobody, neither pros nor casuals.
But hey, the fact that all they have been doing is pumping out waifu costumes shows they gave up a long time ago, SFV will never make them a lot of money so they are just milking the players until the game goes out of commission.

Are you upset people are better than you?

I like to believe experience wins out in the end, but for how long?

because MOBA players are retarded tryhard manchildren

Who cares, shitskin got wrecked by someone in a dress.

I played it for a bit but then I tried Xrd and never looked back, it's just so much better than sfv on every level

What is there in SF5 that requires a tutorial? This isn't like Killer Instinct where you have a unique combo system, combo breakers, counter breakers, and a bunch of other shit I can't remember.

>Jurifag
>thinking anyone cares about his opinion
Footfags are the worst

Ive started pulling the plug on balrog players. Ive never ever rage quit before SFV.

What I want to know is who is in charge of making the women look like roided freaks? This wasn't always the case. Games like DoA effectively makes their women look strong without turning them into the Hulk.

I get the feeling the only plug you pull is from your ass.

SFV? Nope. Every character reminds me of a Gears of War character model. Combos are boring. Netcode has been broken for me since last launch for me. I have 100/100 fiber and have great connections in every other game.
The game just isn't fun to play and there is no desire to get better.

What is with the venomous hatred of mobas on this board?
Why is it impossible to talk about them without everyone screaming ASSFAGGOTS
>they r bad
We talk about much much worse games than League of Legends every day

Frustrating desu senpai

Becaus mobas are a joke and its players are loud retards, more news at 11

They mentioned poker in the video.
Even if a game is entirely luck based, skill matters. SFV is far away from being that random but the street fighter series was always the golden standard for "the better player wins", which is just not the case anymore.

>rev2
>Sick of the bullshit.
user, every fighting game has sime bullahit on it and sadly gg aint different, it is a better game than sf5

I doubt there much overlap in the two audiences.

no

TEKKEN 7!!!
Akuma's in it!!!

>shitskin

If you want to talk about them so bad go to literally the million of other sites out there that will.
I'm sure /vg/ has a general for them too.

>fedora
It's a Sup Forumsirgin

>DoA effectively makes their women look strong
No they don't.

clearly mexican or asian.

Because Tekken 7's coming out and it has more content than sf5 will have in years.

As strong as a woman can become without being roided, which is what SFV goes for.

i meant mostly the netcode related bs. games in gg run really good for me even if the bar isn't full. still very much a beginner in gg but it is infinitely more fun than sf atm. just the combo training is more exciting

Game lacks depth, makes it difficult to stick to a character or feel progression in terms of getting better. All the characters also feel samey. Limited combo options, you can't express your personal style with a character. Risk/reward is very skewed. Jab anti airs, anti airs extremely weak in general. Busted PC netcode since launch. EXTREMELY shit loading times that make you sick of playing really fast.

I don't hate MOBAs, I hate their playerbase.

>not browsing Sup Forums while you wait for the next match in any fightig game

Before SFV, I played SF2. I played around in 3, and I never touched 4. I was playing other games, and just a lot fewer games in general through 2000-2010. As I've had more income, and more free time, I've been getting back into games, and when people said SFV had "gone back to the fundamentals," and I saw competitive players complaining about it having relatively "no tech," I was honestly quite excited. SFV was the perfect opportunity for me to get back into SF.

The short of the long is it only took me, a low-experience/no-skill player, about 8 months to start noticing inconsistency in things like grabs, reach, counters, super hit boxes, and time when one character would have so much more reach or speed than another that there was basically no point in blocking because I fundamentally had a ~20% chance of having the block input in and still getting hit. I know there are lots of other problems that run way deeper than the handful I've been able to pick out, but based on the fact that I can notice any at all I've got to assume people further down this rabbit whole must be completely bumfucked over this game.

My friends who are much deeper into fighters than I all stopped playing, and the netcode is garbage so online play is only good for a few randos at most before it becomes grating.

I buy these games for the waifus. If it's censored why the fuck would I buy it?

Then why is it the same players are always in top 16? Why isn't random Joe Schmoe showing up at Premiers and making top 8?

Season 2 was supposed to be when the game would leave beta status, so i lost any hope on the SFV team. I would play fucking Injustice 2 if I had a PS4.
Luckly, I really liked what I seen about MVCI's gameplay.

Even playing it casually it's worse than IV. There's way less variety in characters and stages and there's no ultra combos.

Stopped playing months ago, it's not worth it being a Ryu player.

Ironically, Taimak is at Combo Breaker and in top 16 with Ryu. He's still gonna lose, but I admire his dedication.

watch the video

For the most part, the random elements are well defined, clearly laid out. Fundamentally, everyone involved knows which parts of the game use random elements, and which ones don't; usually very specific abilities or items. The majority of the game is a very plain, traceable progression of odds.

That doesn't help people like me who want to get into fighting games without spending hours watching youtube videos or getting a black friend.

Stopped playing during Season 2. Probably the shit tier fighters that put me off. Where the waifus at?

never played fighting games in real, just as a kid and tried the sfv beta.

I would really like to get into sfv, but all this stupid shit talking about how bad it is, is a reason I don´t wanna plus there is only online and all the dlc´s.

I want to try tekken 7 (pc), but the rooster of sf has better waifus, tekken costs more (but offers more), I like SFV artstyle more, also having fear of no players. Netherless there are also good waifus and this fat dude.

Didn't have to waste my time in this shithole because in SF4 load times were instant and matches came in before you could alt-tab.

>implying everyone in this board can't get beat up by a girl

I have watched the video, answer the question.

I don't have the time to practice anymore and the game is boring as hell, so much so that i can't even enjoy watching tournaments. It really sucks because I used to play/watch alot of sf4. Maybe that's what getting old feels like...

LI Joe made 6th at evo bro.

No, it's just not a good game.

The first mainline SF that was a complete turd.

Interesting and correct video. But at the same time it's only stuff that's important to MAYBE 100 people in the entire fgc. And those 100 people are still gonna play the game for hours every day and show up hungry to every tournament. No one is gonna boycott SFV

LI Joe lucked out since he was on the same bracket as the EVO people had rigged for Jwong
Go look at the bracket they had all the international players playing in top 64 but Jwong's bracket was full of shitters to get an American in top 8 for muh ESPN views

-Game has such shit mechanics that its basically pure rushdown or pure pure turtle that is viable.
-Patches that fuck up characters rather then balance anything
-Looks shit.

> It really sucks because I used to play/watch alot of sf4. Maybe that's what getting old feels like...

Nah thats what it feels like to watch/play a shitty game

SF4 was just a way better package overall

I just found the other fighting games on the market more interesting.

How is that different from every other game? Why are those elements minimized if not completely eliminated in every other game but MOBAs?

>How the fuck do you get your ass kicked by a teenage girl?
Simple, really, she has martial arts training, you don't.

Dropped cause it's the least fun SF out of all the SF games I have and can still play online easily. Don't like the roster, these "balance" changes are pure shit, netcode is complete ass. There is no reason as to why I can get better connection games on fightcade than I do with capcom servers.

>tfw Cummy kicks you just like OP's pic but it doesn't hurt at all and her feet just slide over your face like soft pillows

No player expression, contrived "hype" makes nothing hype, boring to watch, shit character design, no defensive play, limited sense of progression, feels like bullshit when I loose, feels like bullshit when I win, no satisfaction.

the killer is it takes 5-10 minutes to get a game, took 20sec to do it manually in SF4. Put me off fightan for this gen.

>or pure pure turtle that is viable
I haven't read anything more wrong in regards to SFV in my life

>servers

lmao its peer to peer based

Well, he doesn't seem to know about 3rd strike well
3rd strike is well-known for the fact that the result of tourney is inconsistent even among top players
You can never continue to be a top in 3rd, and it's not caused only by infamous broken balance of the game

The problem is not whether the game has more technical stuff that is hard to do like parrying in 3rd(well, its actually not difficult at all more than you expected), but whether the game itself has applicable and flexible system that allows you to do options more freely, and It is not always necessary to allow players to do "difficult tech" for getting fun and "ceiling" just like smash
It's just wrong elitism that more difficult the game is, the more better the game is.

Actually, the problem of sf5 is, that the game looks very liner and it doesn't seem to have various possibilities that you can do in actual matches, and if you take a look at some results of sf5 tourney recently and compare it with what sf4 was, you could tell there is not a big difference between them

SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFAHHHHHHGG

If you don't want to do those things then you're not "getting into" fighting games.

Took a break but will be going back more regularly when the update drops on the 30th.

I dropped it because it's shit and there's no Sakura.

>net code still shitty
>takes 5 minutes to god one match, and they might rage quit so you gotta wait 10 minutes
>anti air jabs are still in, low risk high reward
>hitboxes in general are still bad (throw out a kick but the attack ends at teir calf or ankle
>grab hitboxes on all grapple moves are fucking retarded
>you can grab Akuma out of his teliport
>all of Alex's shitty moves
>the dlc model for this game
>no news on this game ever, just e sports 24/7 fuck you
>the fucking hair still hasn't been fixed
>most v skills are lame (Cammy, Chun Li, Ken, etc.)

I deleted it the other day and got guilty gear rev 2. No regrets at all. I've spent too much money on capcom, and I'm not getting anything I deserve as a customer. Pro players hate this game, but they won't stop playing it because of sponsor money.

It was shit on release, it's shit now. Marvel vs capcom infinite is probably gonna be shit too.

Capcom really needs to pull their head out of their collective ass before they end up like Konami. I've been a big fan of capcom and all their fighting games, I grew up on this shit, but they are seriously shooting themselves in the fucking foot.

They need to focus on polishing frame data, hitboxes, and give some fucking news about the fucking game. If you can normal grab someone out of a super (that i used all my meter on), there is a problem with your game.

FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME CAPCOM.

>people still play fighting games "competitively"

Well what do you know. Good for them.

There are two reasons to play SFV:
>You're a tournyfag in the US who enters majors
>Your fantasy is to be a tournyfag in the US who enters majors

It's a shitty game.

He beat Eita in top 8.
Also, you really want me to look up every random shitter beating an og in the last tournaments to prove there is not a lot of consistency?
One thing that comes to my mind is Brian_F 2:0ing sako at combo breaker, funny how sako just shook his head at the fucked up balance.

Cant do anything when pressured. You used to be able to crouch tech, youd still get counter hit if you did it wrong but now you eat so much damage on the crush counter system. You pretty much get stunned in 2 combos where as in usf4 it took 3-4 big combos and an overhead usually.

Mod like this but for Juri?

Please

>>>/fgg/

>This video makes people feel bad for having fun in a videogame

lol

Crouch teching was dumb. Cutting down on OSes was one of the best things V did. I agree they need more defensive options though.

to be honest, if you 'want to get into fgs' but don't want to put in work, just stream monster. Nobody at a local is going to want to hold your hand and tell you how to play you baby.

Yes, working my way up to gold. I don't play ranked very often but every now and again I'll fight someone who's terrible and it'll hit me that I'm in the same league as them, and I know I'm better than silver. I used to play Balrog but I got bored so now I've gone back to birdie and its like nobody knows the matchup. Ed was fun, can't wait to take him to the lab and really see what he can do

red bull kumite is pretty fun tho senpai