-least favorite?
-favorite arm
-least favorite arm
-favorite map
-least favorite map
-FINAL SCORE

Can't wait to main byte and barq with two guardians

>whiff punch day

Spring man is perfect in every way! I love him!

WHO /MECHANICA/ HERE?

Spring man with toasters all day everyday

I posted this on the old thread but got no answers so might as well post it here too.

My switch can't connect to my router for some reason while every other device I have has no problems. Got it at launch and I've successfully got it to connect 2 times and it seemed completely random when it did finally connect.

Anybody else have this issue and know whats up? I'd really like to try out ARMS.

I play on the portable mode with the joycons attached because I cant get used to punch tossing with my arms

Have you tried ethernet?

>Spring Man/Minmin
>Spring-a-ling, I love those puns
>Ribbon Girl, she's everywhere
>Whammer
>Guardian
>DNA lab
>Ninja College

8/10

Your switch might be borked, should have got another one on the day you bought it when you realized the issue.
Try to go somewhere else and connect from there

If you cant get anything to work send it into nintendo its cheap and they repair it for free

i kicked so much ass as her. my favorite fighter
>jumping and floating around niggas and whackin them with my hammer

Have you power cycled the Switch and modem?

Handheld mode is my favorite way to play, nothing else can come close to it. Fuck motion controls IMO.

opposite for me, to be fair i started with the waggle
i tried standard controls but i just couldnt get the hang of punching and the awkward blocking

>-who did you main?
Mechanica
>-who is your favorite character?
Out of the ones available, Helix. But he's pretty difficult to play.. Other than that I really like the look of the Robot Cop with the dog.
>-least favorite?
Probably Ninjara.
>-favorite arm
The hammer
>-least favorite arm
All of Helix arms. Hopefully it'll get some better arms in the final game.
>-favorite map
Springman Stadium
>-least favorite map
The Japanese-themed stage.
>-FINAL SCORE
Solid 7/10, I didn't experience any lag which I thought was impressive for a test and the online interface is pretty clever. I'm very positive towards the final product.

I can almost guarantee this is the problem. Try that before you do anything that costs you money or time.

>main
Helix
>fave
see above
>least
ninjara
>fav arm
dragons
>least fav
guardian
>fav map
ninja college so I can spam with dragons
>least
spring stadium bc its small
>score

>-who did you main? Master Mummy
>-who is your favorite character? Best Mummy
>-least favorite? Ninjara or Ribbon
>-favorite arm? Retorcher
>-least favorite arm? No opinion, really.
>-favorite map? DNA Lab
>-least favorite map? Ninja Stairs on triple threats
>-FINAL SCORE

No but I'll try it out now.
No I've only played it in my house.
Tried it earlier and it didn't work.

Ribbon Girl tips

>If opponent is being aggressive try to double jump over his punches then dive in front of him to attack him, this is even better if you have a Sparky Arm equipped because it will be charged after diving which will allow you to stun and either grab them or unleash rush if you have it charged without fear of opponent dodging or blocking it.

>If you are in a dodging fest with opponent and have the Slapamander Arm equipped curve it towards the direction he is jumping.

Any Ribbon Girl players here have any other tips they learned this weekend?

Power cycle it like the other guys told you. Also check to see if your router has a device cap for symmetrical usage. Many of them do and don't list it. You might need to turn a device off completely or disconnect it from the router to let the Switch connect.

>-who did you main?
Ribbon Girl
>-who is your favorite character?
Ribbon Girl
>-least favorite?
Ninjara
>-favorite arm
Megaton
>-least favorite arm
Party Popper
>-favorite map
Ninja College
>-least favorite map
Volleyball
>-FINAL SCORE
I'm feeling a decent to strong DAMN. on this one

>MinMin
muh kicks
>MinMin
She's perfect
>Ninjara
He's boring AND a ninja
>Dragon
It's just so fun
>Guardian
Gimmick arm that's either completely useless or just annoying
>DNA Lab
The tubes are great to play around
>Naruto Land
Just some stairs
>110
Lost one match because of a laggy dude and one because I had a Helix who picked Guardian and Dragon in V-Ball

-Mechanica my main and fav
-least favorite for now is ninjara, i want to hate kid cobra but he might be funny.
-favorite arm is dat hammer
-least favorite arm probably helix's arms, i don't think I've seen a helix win yet.
-i think the mummy trampoline map will be fun.
-the map with cars looks kind of lame.
high 8/10 game feels polished and handled with lots of devluv

Are most or you using motion controls or controller?

controller obs

HOOPS NEXT WEEK NICE

Alright finally got it to connect after power cycling the switch and my modem twice just now.

Also checked to see if my router has a device cap and it doesn't seem like it has. I've had multiple devices and connected to it previously and have had no issues before this.

I want to fuck his pomp

Yeah can we just get 1v1 mode only already, only time I actually enjoy the damn game. There needs to be a 1v1, fox only, no items, final destination mode already

>who did you main?
Mummy
>who is your favorite character?
Mummy/Helix
>least favorite?
Ribbon girl/Ninjara
>favorite arm
Megaton+Birdy
>least favorite arm
Dragon
>favorite map
>least favorite map
Meh they were all good enough.
>FINAL SCORE
7/10

ranked mode is exactly that

>Who did you main?
Everyone
>Who is your favorite character?
Ninjara, most guys only dislike him because he's /fit/ and they're not, but like the female characters for the same reasons.
>Least favorite?
Ribbon girl, tired of people abusing the grab system with her.
>Favorite arm
Don't have one
>Least favorite arm
Don't have one
>Favorite map
Helix
>Least favorite map
Spring-man

>who did you main?
Minmin
Minmin
>least favorite?
Twintelle
>favorite arm
Ramram
>least favorite arm
Anything on Ribbon Girl's wrists
>favorite map
Spring Stadium
>least favorite map
Ninja College
>FINAL SCORE

since day 1

always, even when they do new fighters

>abusing the grab system
THIS. I only had one match against a grab-spamming Ribbon Girl in particular, but it was unfair as all shit. I couldn't even counter.

>Helix and Ninjara
>Helix
>Ribbon Girl (take your tiny hitbox and fug off)
>Blorb
>Ice Dragon
>Ninja College
>Spring Arena
>90

Charged Sparky+Grab should be your bread and butter

Do you have any info on how it works? Do we get to select a map or is it randomly chosen? I also heard we will only get to use the 3 starter ARM sets, is that true? I'm kinda annoyed of Party Mode already because of being forced to play meme ball and FFA. Tag Team is fine if its on DNA Lab map. I just want to have sets with people that are actually decent because thats when the game is most fun, mind games and learning their patterns is when you really get into the game, got my tekken playlist to set the mode as well.

literally d.va

>who did you main?

Spring Man all the way.

I'm a sucker for ninjara, spring man, and byte and barq

>least favorite?

Mechanica

>favorite map

Helix Lab

>Least favorite map

Stairs. Always sucks to be at the bottom

>Final score

as if I would remember.

SPRINGALING

Really didn't enjoy it. Won't be buying it.

all I know is that it doesn't have items and that you need to beat the single player at a certain difficulty to unlock it. starter ARMS thing is just speculation

>who did you main?
flubber
>who is your favourite character?
flubber
>least favourite?
naruto
>favourite arm
blue flubber
>least favourite arm
dragon
>favourite map
robin williams' lab
>least favourite map
spring stadium
>FINAL SCORE
higher than the flubber movie

Does anyone have tips on changing which opponent the camera focuses on?
Every time I'm against multiple opponents I always end up with one somewhere behind me where I can't do shit to them.

tfw you land that charged spark punch on a low health enemy then calmly walk up to them before unleashing Rush

>as if I would remember
you don't remember how you rate the game?

How do you pick alt colors?

>rating the game a 110
damn

- Still can't decide who I like most after 3 hours. But it will most likely not be Ninjara or Mechanica. It's hard to say because ARMS are exclusive to certain characters in the testpunch, but you will have freedom to use any of them in the full game.
- No favorite yet
- Mechanica is least favorite but I don't dislike her
- Favorite arm is the shield, love the protection and throwing people off by attacking with it
- Least favorite arm is any boomerang types that curve, it's a bit overwhelming for me right now
- Favorite map so far is the spring man stage, because I'm still learning the basics
- Ninjara's stage
- 9/10

I have no screenshots.

press down on the left stick in a certain direction and press A

Hold left stick while moving it in a direction then press a.

Coin score, not rating

how would it make any sense that OP meant that? score resets between lobbies

can't wait till this bitch gets nerfed, small hit box and multiple jumps is too fucking much.

>not staying in the same lobby to get a high score

>living in a first world country and having actually decent internet

Literally just wait until she lands

>who did you main?
Karin

Karin
-least favorite?
Ninja
-favorite arm
Slapamander
-least favorite arm
Popper
-favorite map
DNA Lab
-least favorite map
Spring Man's map
-FINAL SCORE
7/10 needs 1v1 mode already

>who did you main?
Ribbon Girl / Mechanica
Design-wise Twintelle, playstyle probably Mechanica.
>least favorite?
Master Mummy
>favorite arm
Hammer
>least favorite arm
The party popper thing I guess
>favorite map
The one with the trampolines on the sides
>least favorite map
The stairs
>FINAL SCORE
7/10, might be an 8/10 when I look into the advanced techniques people are discovering

I wish I had played more of Min Min, but I got so sick of her since like 2/3 people were Min Min in my lobbies at any time.

Is this game "deep" like any other fighting games or at least as smash 4? or is it shit like Brawl?

It feels like a slower, simplified Virtual-On, if that helps

If you mean "deep" like Tekken or KoF then no it's not that but it has some depth to it and its fun. I don't play smash games so I can't answer your last part

Its fun

Fun as _____?

If its not as fun as sm4sh then it's shit.

This. I was sweeping my entire lobby as Min Min by using paralysis + grab and abusing her defensive dash jumps to get around opponents. My lobby quickly caught on by timing their punches for when I hit the ground.

Paralysis + grab needs a slight nerf though. I don't think it's as broken as some people claim, but it's way too easy to chain due to grabs charging your arms. Charging your arms in general seems off due to them charging within a second of having your guard up.

I haven't played smash since melee as a child so I can't answer that.

About as 'deep' as splatoon was

Sweet, that sold me.

Then it's good , thanks

>he's paying $60 for a $20 game
>he's not buying gundam

Competent Waggle User > Competent Pad User > Shitty Pad User > Shitty Pad User

I recon this is how it's going to go once people get to spend more than an hour at a time playing and can get used to the motion controls.

>tfw played Pacific Rim style today with friends

I wish we had longer to play. By the end we were basically in perfect unison.

I overslept and missed the 11 AM one

What is this?

>tfw I missed it as well.

In Pacific Rim, the pilots of the giant mechs controlled them by splitting the work between two people. One pilot controlled the left side and the other controlled the right side.

Playing ARMS like Pacific Rim works about the same. You control one Joy Con, your partner controls the other. Punching is easy, but movement and grabs is when you really have to use communication.

holy shit this sounds like so much fun

I can't see this being successful against anything other than another pair of people doing the same thing. Would be fantastic for a local match with four people though. You'd need two more joy-cons though (or another Switch, assuming ARMS has LAN support)

I keep getting an error when I try to launch it. Wtf

You have to play at the same time as everyone else, during these times. You've already missed a full weekend of playtimes.

Demo is over until next week I think

I can still play with my youtube buddies.

>Feels good having an advanced copy

What's the best way to get screenshots off of your Switch? Twitter or SD card?

For some reason my Switch likes my SD card but my computer won't read it at all.

Just keep trying user. You have to believe in yourself.

Anyone else see a draw happen?

I just use twitter, but you have want to move a lot of screenshots it might be better to get them directly from SD card.
>For some reason my Switch likes my SD card but my computer won't read it at all.
Are you using an old card reader with a newer SD card? The usb reader I had for years couldn't read a 128GB microSDXC card I got for 3DS, but the 3DS and my phone were able to read it. I had to get a different adapter.

>Who did you main?
Master Mummy
Master Mummy

Everything else is not important to me.

I'm still not sure about this game.
It's fun, but is it 60 dollars and multiple months of fun?

I guess it's an old card reader. Would a new one solve my problem if I don't have access to USB 3.0 ports?

I live in Canada and haven't disconnected once.

Well it's only $50 on amazon, and they've said they're going to be updating it every week with new content just like how they handled Splatoon.

Honestly, the first few months of Splatoon was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had due to the constant influx of free new content and the Splatfests

MY FUCKING MAN

Just a bit worried about the depth of the game.
Oh well, maybe I'll wait until e3 before getting it