Redpill me on gwent

A nice distraction in The Witcher 3. It went full retarded in Blood and Wine, when they expected the player to create a competitive Skellige deck, when Skellige has no real spies or advantages.

They shocked the world with the beta version of the game on PSN. Then saddened the world when they released the public version.

>shocked the world

ummm this game has been out on pc/xbone since november 2016, the ps4 version was pretty much guaranteed

For the longest time, Witcher fans didn't know if this would be physical or if it would become PC exclusive.

how does that matter
who gives a shit

the game was pretty much guaranteed to be announced before E3 of last year, the Figueroa hotel even had Gwent painted on its iconic 3 pillar facade, like many big titles before it. It was not a surprise to anyone, man.

Great game. Shitty f2p model. Yes, it's better than Hearthstone, but let's be honest here near every game is better than HS in that regard.

Every opponent has the exact same strength throughout the whole game. Once you slog
through the beginning you get a load of great cards and the game becomes fucking simple
Every single opponent after a certain point will just play right into your hands like a tard

Maybe real people will be less like tards desu

>caring about single player tutorial challenges
you wat mate?

The only worthy CCG atm

it's another bunch of people with nothing better to contribute to the world hopping on yet another bandwagon and making yet another shitty fantasy card game

just learn to play poker jesus christ

With the shekkels comes the jew mentality.

They should have put all those ressourcess into their major project.

> Shitty f2p model

I dunno about that. It's matter of winning like 6 rounds a day. And that's ROUNDS not actual matches.

Game's shitty though, there's little "get out of trouble" ability you can do beyond "lol hope you can math harder than the other dude!"

math was the fun part

That's easy. Ok here I go.
"It's not hearthstone"

Has terrible balance atm and CDPR is slowly going full kikes through it.

Worst card game ever, even worse than hearthstone.

Gwent feels generous, but that's mostly an illusion. Someone spent 500$ on kegs and still couldn't get all cards. For comparison basic set in HS pre-Nax was like 400-600$ range.

Also, like other user said math is the fun part. I really like low RNG in Gwent right now.

Math would be the fun part if you were able to draw/etc. etc. etc. tactics.

Instead what you get in your hand is what you have to deal with. You get a bunch of shitty cards against a faction that can run rampant against it? Tough shit. You can't draw for answers.

really? There's bunch of cards that allow you to use what you have in your hand then draw a card.
Like sile de tansaville, or field medic that let you switch cards. You can even use reaver scout or henselt to summon all copies of one card. So the tactic is to mulligan the same card and bring it out using card ability.

Gwent made mulligan cards one of the grand strategy

Maybe it's just starting out. But the Skillege deck has no answers unless you get lucky and draw the Lock card against the AI in one round. Right now I'm struggling against the bear deck AI because "lol you only have 3 Lock cards and you're lucky if you can get 2 out of a mulligan."

Shit is awful. There's no "tactics" unless you are able to abuse your factions shit harder than the opponent can abuse theirs (Spies being a big one).

dimeritium bomb and what you need is unit that resets their strength, not lock.
also with skillege it's nice to use nilf card that resurrect your opponent's card or monster's move graveyard card

the ai cheats but online is fun

paying for cards is bullshit though

>implying I have kegs

I'm talking as a complete F2P new player here. I haven't even bothered with opening anything besides like the two kegs they give you from the tutorial and I don't have the cards you're mentioning.

This is where the problem with Gwent comes in: Newer players have to struggle with 50+ keywords, no ability to see the keywords, mulligan's being weaker than traditional card games (getting a completely new hand, being able to draw out for answers)

I get it's not a traditional card game, but shit is *stupid* in comparison at times.

Probably better than HS, but too confusing for normies to pick up right away so it will never be as popular

you know if you hover over the cards there's a window saying what all keyword means.

And once you get to level 3 you should have around 200 scrap to craft silver cards you need.

>you know if you hover over the cards there's a window saying what all keyword means.

Not in the mulligan window, and since that's timed that's where it matters for newer players.

There's things like that and others that make a newer player struggle. I've seen too many people scorch their own side because they had the highest level unit and the game doesn't go "yo, that means your side as well!" on that card.

What does "lock" actually do?

Disables the cards effects.

It stops a unit's ability from activating and removes any tokens from the unit. In the current beta the only token you can get is resilience but before locking could also cancel weather immunity. It's a pretty useful thing to use.

Dimeritium shackles can also be used to demote a gold unit down to silver, which can then make it vulnerable to other card effects.

shitty Yu-Gi-Oh clone.

Why play poker when you can play entirely more complex card games like MTG?

decently fun, decks with an actual plan seem 1000x easier to make than heathstone

the game is way too complicated, it will never be close to the hearthstone playerbase. only thing i like about it is the option to auto squelch

I can't download anything right now.

Is the single player campaign where you play as Geralt from birds eye view out yet?

If you're expecting the same Gwent as in W3, you'll get overwhelmed at the start.

The design of the board ui is more hectic than in W3 too. Takes a little bit to figure hit out.

It's fun. Art is goat.

Games pretty good and arts top notch, however if you don't like card games big fucking surprise you won't like this one.
Best thing is less RNG than any other card game currently tho I'm sure that'll change over time.
>niggers complaining about how hard the game is haven't played over 20 mintues

Boring. Little mechanics, it's basically a card version tic-tac-toe.

Do level carries over to the full version? Or do they reset

Mulligan is not weak in Gwent, especially if you're playing a Scoia'tael deck.

IIRC they said everything from open beta carries on to release.

dont have a lot of time to read the thread

can i get a quick rundown?

It's shit.

Gwent good, not much RNG, art good, pay model dodgy.

This looks like someone put shitty filters over real pictures thought...

100% this.
Such a stupid fucking setup. Every match I played in W3 just always ended with 2-1. The first two rounds are fucking pointless

>W3
not saying gwent is good or anything but it's completely different from W3

>window saying what all keyword means.
lmao, no it doesn't
>spawns a cow
the fuck does that cow do?
>this card doesn't go into the graveyard of the opponent, why? fuck you, that's why
it only has a deploy ability, why can't I steal that shit with my plague doctor dude? etc.

Play Shadowverse instead

Why didn't you look at what the cards do before you entered a match.

There's the single players challenges which give you more than enough time to look at card text.

Look at all the cards in the deck before you play it, see what they do and how the synergize with other cards.

faggot are you talking about the "challenges"?

>the fuck does that cow do?
You're only reading the top tooltips.
You can select the card and read the full description.
I figure you're on a starter Nilf deck, so I guess you're on about the cowapults? You choose a row to put a bad cow on and in 2 turns from now it auto-kills the weakest enemy unit on that row.

>entry tier nilf dead cow tactic
Stack 3 catapaults, get your gold guy ( you get fro free) that triggers your leader move, to fire another cow, then use your leader to fire another cow.
Now you have 5 guaranteed dead enemy units waiting to happen ie you win in 2 rounds you're welcome

> Not know what a card does
> Don't read what card does
> Ignore how hovering over a card shows and explains everything
> Play card
> "WOW! WTF DOES A COW DO!?"

> The card that "I" played on my side goes into "MY" graveyard
> WOW!

Howso?

Other then how the game is structured, it's totally different.

Gwent in The Witcher 3 was fun

Gwent the game is F2P garbage

>there's little "get out of trouble" ability you can do beyond "lol hope you can math harder than the other dude!"

you are so wrong it hurts

>scorch
>igni
>weather cards
>buffs
>debuffs

> F2P garbage

I guess I'll have to take your totally unbias word for it.

I dont believe you because W3 gwent for a pile of shit and a waste of time