youtube.com/watch?v=ssJ7Lxmb_6E
youtube.com/watch?v=oQn0FVmyrcI
youtube.com/results?search_query=chrono trigger ova
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Theyre all undifferentiated trash to me, completely identical

there's plenty of mobile trash jrpgs, just go pick any at random

>tfw i unironically enjoyed all the main suikodens, even 4

Is 3 really shit?
I bought it on PSN, but I'm still playing 2.

It's vastly different. I loved it, but combat is weird and the multiple POVs can be a bit jarring (especially when gathering stars of destiny).

So you may love it, you may hate it. But that's better than 4, where the general consensus is that it fucking sucks. Which it kinda does.

Same. Only thing I don't like about them is the way the enemies start giving less exp when you want or need to grind to get stronger.

I think 4 did that the worst.

>tfw dropped the series after I hated the second half of 2

Twilight of the Spirits wasn't amazing, but playing pic related after was such a disappointment.

Hopefully the mobile game being made has a good combat system.

Final Fantasy X

I wanted to like 4 so much but holy fuck, what a tedious game. The encounter rate and slow sailing made me want to kill myself.

Non-exaggerated/weak bait/contrarian snowflake answer. This one is a serious contender.

Original Neptunia.

Persona 3
Magna Carta
Xenosaga 2

Absolute fucking garbage.

Is it really that bad?
I like the intro so much that I was planning on playing the game eventually.

>I hated the second half of 2

>NIS America's president, Haru Akenaga, stated that the game was "not the kind of title we should release in the United States because of its quality", and that he felt "really sorry for our customers because we released that title".

Got it for $5 or so for shits and giggles.
And yes, it's that bad.

>Is it really that bad?
Suikoden 3 is mediocre. It's not bad, but not very good either. The Intro movie is cool.

But is it as bad as Time & Eternity?

Luca dying kills every sense of urgency in the plot. Jowy's reasoning for prolonging the war doesn't make any sense at all to me. Plus you spend a good portion of the second half on some fucktarded side quest with a vampire.

I remember reading that this game had a weird mechanic that made it almost impossible to play. Something along the lines of having to speak to run away, but the mic was so shit it took everything as a command to run away.

What else is bad about it? Just kinda curious.

It's a pain to play, I liked the manga better

either this or that "dinner dinner dinner" game

>TFW 4 got me into the series

Toki Towa has a decent gameplay and at least some of its mechanics are interesting

Last Rebellion was just straight up trash

>This dubbing

Holy fuck user, I haven't even gotten to the gameplay portion of this video and I'm already losing my shit.

>Toki Towa has a decent gameplay

Forgot Vid

youtube.com/watch?v=ssJ7Lxmb_6E

Running hurts you
You have to pick between getting XP or items and gold
I don't remember but I think you don't get to choose who you attack

The Japanese voice track is pretty shit too. There's also a completely unmissable bug where if you skip lines of dialogue in talk sections before they auto-progress the character portraits will just randomly move all over the screen and won't go back to normal until you wait for a few lines to auto-progress again.

Final Fantasy 2

its servicable. its more or less thousand arms

toki towa swapping needs more polish, but its more interesting than last rebellion.

mind you, I have high threshold for this kind of shit. I finished beyond the beyond.

you have a stamina gauge just to run around the world map, after stamina drains you start losing health so everything is a slow walk to get anywhere.
after a battle you have to choose between loot or experience, you cannot have both, loot is just monster items that you have to sell to get money so everything is a clusterfuck grind between new equipment or leveling for stats and skills.

the story and world is an entirely different mess but it's not surprising considering none of the original lunar staff was actually involved in the making of it.

This game right here. Absolute trash. Fuck everything about it.

"Not as bad as one of the most infamously bad games in the genre" does not equate to "decent".

So it's better than Sonic Boom, great.

what was so bad about the combat then? Its just more grindy than the usual rpg, but nothing extremely offensive.

the 2d sprites over 3d is interesting, needs a little getting used to, if you are having problems with it, you have spatial recognition problems.

is it the loading times? loading it from HDD is fast. is it the story? its nonsensical, but on par with every other anime since the 90s.

All of them

Why is Ubisoft publishing a JRPG?

Ubisoft published Senko No Ronde and Enchanted Arms too.
They used to bring over a lot of weird shit before Assassin Creed

hownew.ru

I guess I just didn't pay to much attention to publishers back then.

believe it or not, during the 360,ps3 opening years, Ubisoft wanted their own Final Fantasy

thats why they even published enchanted arms

well, atleast until they struck gold with asscreed 2 and stuff

The combat sucks shit because it's incredibly simplistic, all enemies have way too much goddamn health, and the controls are unresponsive. In the time I played it, Toki continuing to shoot despite me letting go of the button or not dodging despite me hitting the button were common occurrences. The battles also had regular frame rate issues despite how little was going on, which didn't help matters at all, and neither did the lack of any cancel function. The battles aren't fun, they're just tedious. It's not "decent" at all.

>is it the loading times? loading it from HDD is fast. is it the story? its nonsensical, but on par with every other anime since the 90s.
I was just talking about the combat, but yeah, every other aspect of the game is awful too. And you really haven't seen many anime from the 90s if you really think that. Besides, more important than the story is every character being one-dimensional and completely unlikeable. And no one could defend hearing this bullshit every other talk scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=oQn0FVmyrcI

This.

The gameplay sucks. It's just grinding.
The story in all jRPGs sucks too.
And they all take like 100 hours to finish.
The visuals may be nice but most jRPGs have cringeworthy designs.
The music is really the only good part.

Game would have been great if it had just been Hugo as the main character.

And perfect if there had been forbidden Grasslander/Ironhead romance between him and Chris.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the game sold itself on the HD anime visuals, but when you actually play it you find out that they're complete garbage because the animation is terrible and done at an incredibly low frame rate. The only decent thing about the visuals is the resolution.

I too hate games I've never played.

Why would I play games I hate in the first place? Especially that take 100 hours to finish?

Because you don't know if you hate them unless you play them. The average JRPG is under 30 hours long.

"tedious" isn't exactly bad. "simplistic" isn't bad.
they are not great, but not offensively bad as you are making it out to be

>And you really haven't seen many anime from the 90s if you really think that.
you only saw fraction of anime, you probably never even watch saber marionette, candidate for goddess,idol fighter, chrono trigger and more anime you probably never heard of.

Suikoden 3 is pretty much mediocre in every way and shat up the series (poor sales/reception + suikoden 4 pretty much killed the budget).

The trinity system was supposed to be unique but you literally just repeated the fucking story 3 times with VERY little difference.

Story itself was shit and full of plot holes with yuber teleporting out of your ass, beating you up and going "nothin personnel kid" and just leaving and not finishing the job multiple times.

Gameplay was bad/downgraded and customization got killed a lot. you used a "forced" party of 4-5 people for the vast majority of the game. Castle was literally 1/8th the size of suikoden 2 and 5.

Characters are really bad and have 0 personality outside of chris, nash and geddoe's gang.

Such a shame suikoden 5 wasn't their first attempt in the ps2, it had so much going for it but was completely raped to hell with a budget of almost nothing because of how terrible 3/4's reception were.

You take that back nigger. The story is the best out of all the suikoden games.

only a fucking retard could possibly think 3 didn't have the worst story in the series.

Go replay all 5 games, hell, just replay 3 and think again

>they are not great, but not offensively bad as you are making it out to be
I said it wasn't decent, and it is not.

>chrono trigger
Pretty sure you meant Chrono Crusade. And that was not a 90s anime.

>not knowing there is a Chrono Trigger OVA.
this shows how contrarian you are and how you exaggerate everything

watch it:
youtube.com/results?search_query=chrono trigger ova

Thats the game telling you that you shouldn't grind. You will always be a certain level at that point in the game. Never underleveled or overleveled. Grinding is a casual crutch. Don't do it.

>Pretending anyone would assume you were talking about an OVA if you didn't specifically say so
>Acting like random game OVAs are representative of a decade of anime

Worst JRPG ever? No.
Worst JRPG protagonist ever? Definitely.

That's not Mao.

Atelier Sophie

>gets BTFO
>i.. i wasn't retarded or anything...

yeah, you are a retard and you have retarded opinions, should have seen it coming when you think Toki Towa is bad

Agree with the spoiler, but the first sentence makes no sense, see

>It's not me with bad taste, it's everyone else
>I don't need to address any of his criticisms of the game when I can just deflect to a totally unrelated argument about anime from the 90s and pretend that somehow makes his observations of the game invalid

That's not even the second-worst game in its series

Its not a very good game, but I like the art style a lot.

Beyond the beyond for the ps1.

I have to disagree

Also Hugo may be the 'canon' MC but the game is set up so that you can make Chris or Geddoe the chosen one MC too and you're a fag if you hate those two

Hugo was fine. They should have focused on him, who his father was, and expanded his interactions with Chris and he could have shown.

I always thought it was weird how when the groups all come together, Hugo and Donald Duck never sit down and have a nice long talk with Chris and especially Borus, seemed like wasted potential

gameplay is too solid on either

Why don't you tell us since you posted an obviously unrelated image.

>oh, no. I got BTFO with my shitty opinion
>better pull out Metacritic, that will show him
>never mind that there are worse RPGs than Toki Towa that are hated by players.

even your metacritic pic shows that Toki Towa is plain average 5/10, middleground. its not bad.
you are just a shithead exaggerating everything

I'm not sure what you intend to prove by posting Andromeda when it's generally agreed to not be very good.

Same, i heard about series and was really interested in it, but finding first two games was impossible and never seen III on sale either, so my first Suikoden was IV. then V After that i played I&II on emulator, still didn't played III but plan eventually.

I think we have a winner

I emulated III on my PC with PCSX2 not too long ago and it ran really well, there were a few places (mainly fucking Duck Village) where FPS went to the single digits in hardware mode, but switching to software mode (which can be done with a hotkey) fixed those too, it just looks a bit shittier, spell effects caused some nasty lag too but that's not that big of a deal, more of an annoyance than anything

I have an i5 6500 and a 970 and I was playing with a widescreen hack to make it 1080p and it ran very smoothly most of the time outside of the aforementioned, so if your PC is somewhat decent you can probably emulate it fine too

You're just being a contrarian troll at this point. If you've been playing video games for more than a damn year you know that a rating of 5/10 is not anywhere near average in game's rating systems.

People rate games like they do school grades. a 75% on a test is average performance, and anything less than a 60% is considered failing. Disagreeing with that is just being purposely retarded.

This game is so awful that a gamur grill that I know bought it when it came out cause she needed some games for her at the time brand new DS.
She offered to give it to me free of charge because of how lame it was.
Just let that sink in for a moment. That's how bad this game in.

>Twilight of the Spirits wasn't amazing
It should have been only about Darc best protag and his story was much more interesting than that human one(heck i even needed to google his name which is Kharg apperently this is how bland he was)

But yea End of Darkness is probably worst sequel i played in my life.

Imagine all worst gameplay gimmicks in jrpg you know now multiply them by ten and put all of them in one game.

I really did enjoy Darc's story more; I didn't really like him as a character much after he gets his wings torn off, though.

I understand his motives and all that but he still acts so edgy it's kinda offputting sometimes.

The human characters were all kind of bland; I chose to use the human team during the Kharg vs Darc battle though because Paulette was my waifu.

I think the best we can hope for is that the mobile game is well made and opens up doors for another console game in the future.

>2012
>random battles
Seriously?

Hah, that's actually one of the last JRPGs I enjoyed before growing out of anime.

Suikoden 3 was my favorite

fuck off Suikoden 3 is the best

But 5 is the best.

Even Andromeda is better than Toki

i liked 3 the best. 5's 20 hour tutorial kinda killed the game for me.