What is the "Why didn't frodo and sam fly the one ring to mordor" of video game plot-holes?

what is the "Why didn't frodo and sam fly the one ring to mordor" of video game plot-holes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_MDxgWO4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But that's not a plot hole.

The birds were basically otherworldly neutral things in that lore and Sauron had tons of shit to wreck them with if they tried. They neither had the talent nor the will to do it. If you need a plothole, how bout the fact that sauron didn't sense Sam when he put on the ring in Mordor.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_MDxgWO4Y
Kudos to Ubisoft for actually doing something cool and making an entire alternate ending out of this

Roland dying in Borderlands 2

why didn't he just comeback in a New-U station? also he took a billion bullets in him yet one single fucking bullet kills him?

Even ignoring that the Eagles would get fucked if they tried to go to morder when Sauron was still there, remember that the original plan was to have a full party of competent individuals who would have made the whole trip easier, but their party got seperated at the end of book one.

>why can't they just use a Phoenix down on Aerith?
>why does Raiden use Lightning in MGS4?

There isn't one because nobody cares about video game stories.

Come to think of it, why didn't Handsome jack just block the vault hunters from using the New-U?

Everything to do with the reveal of the traitor in the Telltale Game of Thrones game. IIRC Everything about the backstory of the two candidates makes no sense for them to betray the Forresters to their worst enemy. The Maester is the only one with the means of fast communication and is constantly suggesting to completely surrender to the Whitehills also he has the background story that would allow for the perfect motive to betray you.

>combine advisors have access to a portal to the rest of their empire and can call in reinforcements at any time
>know gordon is a major threat to them and know they must stop him
>make no attempt to call in the kinds of forces that destroyed every military on earth in seven hours and instead send poorly trained cops after him before gradually sending in very small numbers of soldiers with human military training the likes of which gordon already contended with and defeated

Why didn't the Advisors just call in another army at the very beginning?

because he wasn't a major threat in the beginning UNTIL the citadel was blown

How did beta grove get all the way to tau ceti so fast without FTL technology?

the books weren't like the movies nigga, every time the ring was put on Sauron couldn't tell exactly where you were, and Sauron had no reason to believe that they would even be in Mordor, because he couldn't even imagine that anyone would want to destroy it.

Why did Raiden have to stop a fucking bunker with his body instead of just grabbing Snake and going somewhere else?

Breen kept smoothing things over with them concerning Freeman in order to save face and stay in power, trying to deal with the problem himself and obviously failing spectacularly.

It's been awhile, but isn't there even a little scene where you walk in on Breen talking to an Advisor claiming everything is a-okay?

IIRC, New-U stations aren't supposed to be canon, but, surprise surprise, Anthony Burch is a shit writer and made them a part of the lore while giving them voice lines.

>war in The North

>you can even ask gandalf that.

Well, one of them was able to rescue Gandalf just fine from the middle of another fuckhuge enemy stronghold, and nobody so much as tried to take it down.

The neutrality thing is also bullshit - they helped out both on that occasion and after Sauron had been taken down. Plus, they do have a sense of self-preservation, don't they? I highly doubt that they'd be safe in a post-Sauron-wins world.

The Advisors were concerned but never thought gordon as a major threat. breen did tho

i mean if i heard that there's a single man that could destroy a fucking army, i wouldn't believe it.

Why didn't Alduin just leave Helgen alone so that the Dragonborn would be executed without ever becoming a threat to him?

Death in Final Fantasy makes no sense because Phoenix downs exist.

Those rocks blocking your way to Drangleic Castle in Dark Souls 2.

WAR IN THE NORTH

if you haven't played it, STFU and go buy it pirate it w/e the fuck.

(although co-op is the best shit ever, so fun)

I never bothered finishing the main story, but how was Alduin supposed to know he was about to be executed?

better yet, how was he supposed to know he's a dragonborn?

>I highly doubt that they'd be safe in a post-Sauron-wins world.
They can fuck off to Valinor once necessary just like the elves were doing.

he didn't, from my understanding he was banished by those nord heroes to the future, which just happened to be right when the dovahkiin was getting executed.
Elder Scrolls player characters have special destinies and the universe works towards their favor. It's why the hero of Kvatch was given the same cell that the emperor's secret exit was in and why the nerevarine survived the trials despite very possibly not actually being the nerevarine

Why didn't the party actually bother asking the bosses in Bravely Default their motives?

>tfw telltale will never make a sequel because they wrote themselves into too many corners

It didn't siege Isengard, it flew in and escaped with Gandalf when Saruman was distracted. Mordor was far more fortified and dangerous than Isengard and Sauron was far more powerful than Saruman even sans the ring.

cause everytime you die you give hyperion money, Jack probably just considered the players to be cash cows due to being killed so often

Don't worry Borderlands 2 has about twenty other plot holes

>why did you need to do all that bullshit to enter the Bunker if Roland and Lilith could just walk in off screen at any point? Roland literally just climbed the mountain
>why did I need claptrap to drop a single energy field that Brick's buzzards fly around?
>why can't I ride Brick's buzzards to the top and ignore all these ground-based defenses(i.e. mortars)?
>why do I have to get explosives to "fix" a bridge later? why do I give them to Buzzards, which can fly, to get over a gap, in the ground?
>why does cut audio suggest Handsome Jack poisoned Wilhelm before his fight? If Wilhelm kills the vault hunters he wins. If the vault hunters kill Wilhelm they get the shield pod and he wins.
>why does nobody care if Maya goes into Bunker?
>why does Jack not launch a volley of missiles at the floating Sanctuary city to test their shields and Lilith's hilariously shitty bluff? He shells the city once a day for god knows how long, suddenly we're out of moon shot mortar?
>why does Jack leave Helios to be the last boss? He automatically wins if he just waits for Sanctuary to run out of shield generators. Or if he just tried shooting it after it started flying.

I was also a big fan of Pre-Sequels plot holes.

>why did I just do all these quests to give Jack an AI army and NOT USE IT to retake the Helios Station?

The real question is why didn't Jack use a New-U station to come back?

>the reason enemies respawn in Borderlands is because they have New-U accounts

You can make like 8 questions about the ending of Nier

So in wolfenstein: the new order, it tries to retcon all the spooky magic shit as as jewish super-science but how does that explaion Wolfenstein 2012's ether and shit? That shit had straight up lovecraftian alternate-dimension shit going on, so much so that the city was getting torn apart and dragged into the other world. Did Death's Head forget all about that after the zepplin crashed on him?

I thought the explanation was psychic teleporation?

You're forgetting who the lead writer was.

got me there anthony burch IS a shit writer, although the new u stations have been around in the first one too despite burch not having been there

Jesus christ the whole respawning stations were literal plot-holes itself

Why didn't Mario just fuck Luigi's boi pussy and say fuck it to the Princess?

not always, keep in mind you're not the first neverrine, just the only one to actually get anywhere.

A key thing to keep in mind about Elder scrolls lore is that a lot of sources are unreliable and the only people who know are either liars or dead.

Most of the main quest was you fulfilling the prophecy by hard labor.

the first borderlands never acknowledged the New-U stations for a good reason.

second one however, anthony fucked it all up

Fairly sure it was explained somewhere in the game that the nazis discontinued their supernatural research, and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood which is a prequel has supernatural stuff in it

The old Blood heavily, heavily implies it was all ancient science that was mistaken as witchcraft. And since it retcons RTCW, it means the setting is throwing awawy all the supernatural shit.

I would get why RTCW's deathshead would ban all supernatural research but in wolfenstein 2012 he was all on board once he realziexd he could make magitech.

Deathshead isn't the fuhrer, you can't tell me that Himmler or the other occultists wouldn't start that shit up as soon as they could, and Isenstadt is still being dragged into the ether regardless of if research is being done there or not

Why didn't Saturos and Menardi explain everything to Issac and the party?

But then how was he supposed to get some dragon cock action?

they help gandolf cause they were his frens >:P

Air defense, user. Sauron spent a lot building his eyeball laser tower and he's just itching for something to come in range.

Jesus fucking christ, I never even thought about most of these.

I forget mostly everything but didn't they want to unlock the power of alchemy for themselves? Or were they the ones trying to shut down the lighthouses?

In Vampire the Masquerade

so what happened to Grouse or whovere the malkavalian's head was? When you find him, he's ash, but from everything else, when you hit final death there is nothing left of you. Wouldn't him not being fully dead fuck up everything that happens after?

they were activating the lighthouses to stop the world from eroding

Do you remember the emails of chess moves? "A pawn has moved" etc?

Grout has been talking to you the whole game, he predicted the werewolf attack in a painting

I always thought that was the Morpheus looking guy since he seemed like the type to send people weird emails like that

how come the well is drained in the future before you go back as child link to play song of storms but you still have to plant all the floating leaf platform things before they appear?

Clap Trap explains how they work in the tutorial of Bl1, death and dismemberment insurance.

Also the Knoxx DLC ends with the vault hunters exploding.

Nah you gotta ignore that its obviously jewish space magic.

the final act of witcher 3

They say in the story that their entire reason for traveling that route was to avoid being noticed, which is what the diversion at the front gates was for.

>Sauron notices eagles
>focuses on them when they get within range and burns their minds from existence

I thought it was funny they basically admitted there is a Zionist technocratic cult against goys.

>Why does Moxxi help Jack despite being an ex
>Why is Moxxi already Jack's ex?
>How the fuck did they even meet?
>How is Jack, a low level programmer, able to pay extremely skilled and expensive mercenaries?
>Why is Moxxi on the moon anyways?

because phoenix down restores people from KO status not death

>New-U stations aren't supposed to be canon

This would make sense but there is a sidequest that requires you to kill yourself, with dialogue from Handsome Jack even. The idea of a planet full of crazy people killing themselves and coming back to life with a distant and heartless corporation making money from their deaths was pretty interesting. It was even vaguely hinted at in Borderlands 1 that the vault quest was happening over and over again ("turtles all the way down," Marcus telling you that you we will be doing this again soon). It just seems like the writers made the New-U stations non-canon because they weren't creative enough to write a story around that.

Nazgul you idiot and the poison gas clouds and the fucking eye of Sauron the is ever watching Mordor and armies of Orcs that can shoot at the Eagles.

There was a reason you had to sneak in because no force of arms could beat their way to the mountain. It triggers me how people still think the eagles flying the ring into mount doom is a plot hole when it would have been the quickest way to lose the ring in reality.

Simple : Jack doesn't have a New-U because he's a narcissist and believes there can only ever be one of him anyway, or he believes that your consciousness dies with the original you anyway so there's no point and it's just a scam that player manages to use usefully which would fit in-universe.

>Windmill guy mad that someone played the song that messed up the windmill
>He teaches you the song
>You play the song in the past
>It was you the whole time
>Where did the song come from

I thought that they were dead and forgotten for so long no one remembers that they even existed

if the telltale stories are canon then he was building a robot body to upload himself into

sneak a single griffin in with one dude on it's back

or use a catapult

That's because the Nazis won.

That's neither multiple clones of Jack nor the original version dying and new clones being pushed in. That's a consciousness transfer into immortality.

There is a GIANT EYE that has fellbeasts and other flying nasties at its disposal that would see a giant eagle.

Plus the eagles never gave a shit until Gandalf made a deal or something. The real answer would be to try to get Bombadil to help.

I'm pretty sure Sauron would've easily spotted a bunch of gigantic eagles flying into Mordor.

>Enemy casts lvl 3 Death on lvl 99 character
>Use Phoenix down
>It works
Explain that, retard

death causes your character to be knocked out

Wolfenstein 2012 is soft cannon. Magic still exists, see The Old Blood for further details.

So the Nazgul find the Eagle(s) flying to Mount Doom, and they wreck their shit and now have the ring. On top of which nobody really knew what would happen once the One Ring was destroyed.

Subterfuge above all else.

Booker destroying an airship while on a multidimensional fetch quest to obtain an airship in Bioshit Infinite.

Saruman's forces don't have anything to do with Sauron's, Saruman at that point was basically a retard with a magic stick. He was still making his Orcs when he kindnapped Gandalf.

>Plus, they do have a sense of self-preservation, don't they? I highly doubt that they'd be safe in a post-Sauron-wins world

Nigga they can just fuck off to Heaven if Middle-Earth gets destroyed, they were literally created by the second-in-charge of the universe, and boy does that man like his eagles.

Why couldn't Atlas figure out how to use the Vita Chambers on himself, especially since they are 100% canon? I know the game says that only Ryan and his family can use them, but you can work around that since Delta comes back from the dead at the beginning of Bioshock 2.

Why doesn't any of the sonic team just kill eggman?

The bigger plot hole is that Booker doesn't recognize himself in a beard.

How can Tracer take off her chest piece and use it as an explosive without fading into the abyss of the space time continuum

>Why didn't [Japanese] game character shoot villain while villain was talking about the hole plot right in front of him?

>tfw they didn't just bring the one ring to the undying lands where sauron couldn't touch it

its like they were daring frodo to fail

DNA coding

Because Reaver stole my kill

>bringing the most evil thing in the world to Literally Heaven
yeah lets see how that would work out

pretty sure the maiar could just will it out of existence at that point

>Encounter a DNA-linked lock to the gate for Comstock House
>It is the only DNA-linked piece of technology in the whole of Columbia
>Apparently even Comstock himself is locked out of Comstock House because Booker cannot open the gate with his own hand
>Liz gets the idea to grab the hand of her dead stepmom, who has been dead for 20 fucking years, and assumes that she hasn't been removed from the DNA-lock programming
>Have to fight that goddamn quantum-ghost-necromancer-mom bullshit three identical times because Liz's powers "malfunction" due to a "mini-siphon trap"
>Said ghost then simply blows up the gate instead of having anything to do with that fucking DNA lock

Bravo Levine.

Half the shit that happens in the Legacy of Kain series.
>Why doesn't Moebius just fuck Kain with his paralysis staff at any point?
>Why doesn't Moebius destroy the time streaming devices, chronoplasts, and chambers, etc.
There's tons of story-ending scenarios like this with Moebius alone, and Legacy of Kain sucks shit. I don't know why people say this shit is good.

>last time the gods got into middle-earth affairs they sank half of the continent and also indirectly commited mass-genocide of an entire human subrace
>decide to just fuck off and throw old incompetent wizards to do their job "indirectly" after that

Also Sauron would have still conquered everything even without the ring. He had infinite Orc armies and even though Minas Tirith "won" the battle they wouldn't endure another assault.

Moebius was a slave to the elder god, he had no will of his own
it's magic i don't gotta explain shit

I doubt the maiar would still be happy with some little shit bring dark magic into their realm

He was 100% an individual. The Elder God can't enslave shit, otherwise he would have enslaved Raziel.

nobody said they had to like it, especially if gandalf was the one bringing it there they'd be hard pressed to tell him no

this is rad as hell

A number of reasons really. Maybe it would be viewed poorly by Combine command if the Earth advisors needed help controlling a world they had already crushed so they stuck to what they had on hand due to political concerns. We know Breen was busy trying to save humanity by proving their worth, maybe he convinced the Advisors to let him handle it alone. Maybe the Advisors didn't really consider Gordon a threat until after he blows up Nova Prospekt and threatens the Citadel.

There are much bigger plotholes than this.