Botw is the hardest Zelda

>Botw is the hardest Zelda.

Seen that posted here. Wanted to see what everyone thought. It's the easiest Zelda I've played. Enemies aren't difficult when you explore so much you have to much food and weapons to die.

who are you quoting?

Most likely they mean the early game, not the end game. When it comes to early game, its easily the least forgiving in terms of how much damage enemies can do. Also, if you go straight to the end it can be the most punishing by a long shot.

>artificial difficulty is hard

I would say OoT Master Quest is the hardest 2D official Zelda game. I should replay it now that Im thinking about it.

People on here.

There is no 3D zelda game with an enemy that does more than 4 hearts of damage in 1 hit.

It starts off pretty difficult due to the player having shitty gear but after you've finished one dungeon you really shouldn't be dying anymore unless you just suck.

You should really go replay the other zeldas and see how you are totally wrong

I find it harder than SS, TP, and WW. All notoriously piss-easy games that are almost impossible to game over, but easier than OoT and MM.

They really needed to make the eating animation play out in-game instead of in-menu, this would make cooking good meals useful and chugging 40 apples to heal no longer viable.

>Botw is the hardest Zelda

BotW, Lynels.

BotW, Lizalfos
BotW, guardians

Wow wait I'm seeing a pattern here

Not like any Zelda is difficult, honestly. Unless you do shit like SS no shield or something, in which case it's mostly just tedious. OoTMQ does a pretty good job at assuming you have a brain with some sections, but nothing frustratingly hard

you have to be actively trying to die in botw because of how broken and unbalanced the half-baked cooking system is

I find it completely unfathomable how anyone could find this game hard beyond their first dungeon

I wouldn't call it the hardest, but it is far from the easiest. There are plenty of Zelda games where I never saw the Game Over screen, but BOTW is not one of those.

Plus BOTW has a lot of ways to provide a more difficult challenge if you find the game too easy (don't upgrade your armor, don't free the beasts, don't get the master sword, etc).

I am interested in finding out what the DLC hard mode does to the game.

we already know, it makes the enemies spawn with a different colour.

Botw is the only Zelda where you can carry multiple meals that can give you twenty plus hearts

>What are potions
>What are fairies

Literally every 3D Zelda.

Early game it's pretty easy to get one shot killed. Otherwise it's not that much different from the previous games as far as difficulty is concerned.

Have you played any other Zelda

You can only carry so many in other games, while in BOTW you can carry a huge stack of all meals simultaneously

Not to the extent of botw. You get daruks protection. That's three invincibility strikes. Plus all the cooked meals and potentially hundreds of bananas and apples and ect.

I'm about the point know where I can basically never die because I have collected so many things.

There's a difference between "recovers your current hearts" and "recovers your current hearts and hands you extra hearts on top of that".

Fair enough, but even then, nothing in the older games do more than one heart of damage, without hero's mode which is in very few newer games, at max of two hearts. I've never died in any 3D Zelda game until now. Maybe when I was a kid learning.

They could do 30 heart damage and it wouldn't matter in this game.

>have 27 hearts
>eat meal with extra hearts
>have multiple meals and other non cooked food items.

Nothing is too powerful in the game. They could put a 30,000 hp lynel in the game that did 30 heart damage a hit. Its still beatable. It would just take a long time.

I may be wrong, but doesn't Hard mode(and I know, it's dumb, shouldn't be DLC) not allow healing in combat?

BOTW is only really hard during the first dozen of hours, after a while it becomes a cakewalk. But thing is, that's entirely the point, you're supposed to beef up until you become a walking god. It actively forces you to evolve and learn everything about the game, something very few games can pull off.