Another video of him sucking DeS dick

>another video of him sucking DeS dick
Why did we ever consider him our guy at one point?
Every video he's done involving souls games is the exact same thing.
Thoughts?

>Its real
Fucking great.

Friendship (and subscription) ended with Matthew
Joseph is the new /ourguy/

>Bloodborne has arguably less depth because it has no shields
Love Matt but he is so wrong about this.

>Why did we ever consider him our guy at one point?
Because he is one of the few that fully elaborates on his points. You may or may not agree with him but you can understand his position very well unlike some others who just say "I like it" or "this should be like this because it feels better to me".
That said, his personal favorite is supposed to be DaS but he admits that he thinks DeS is the franchise's best, so you can see how he is trying to distinguish objective from subjective analysis here.

Time for another 500 reply thread with the help of Metastasis's Janny friends!

Just drop all pretense and make a sticky with a patreon link "by the fans, for the fans".

You are making it sound as if eceleb threads are a rarity on Sup Forums. Some last long, some get deleted instantly

There is only one thread up about this.

Why?

>how DARE he have different opinions than mine! Game analyzers need to cater to the lowest common denominator and not hurt anyone's feeling with these so called opinions! (Kinda like DaS2 and 3 do in their videogame equivalent)

Which butthurt Youtuber that no-one likes are you?

It's true though, but that's fine. Bloodborne's battle is simple and straightforward which works great with its fast approach to battle.
But in terms of depth it really just is all about dodge timing and taking advantage of openings. All other games have this along with all the shield mechanics, weapon weilding choices and magic.

Joseph is honestly the best reviewer/critique guy I've seen.
That along with more frequent content, he's shaping up to the best GOAT

He is not wrong.

Fact based on this site

>DeS's greatest strength is how it pulls you into its bleak, dangerous world
Nah. All this bullshit about immersion needs to stop.
In terms of actually being a good game, "believable environments" and cute gimmick bosses are just not important.
It's also hard to take this guy's opinion on the combat seriously when most of his Dark Souls II video was focused on the fact that he didn't even try to fight without the lock on. In this video, he calls the unlocked camera "atrocious" because you can't roll while adjusting it. In the clip he shows, he can't roll because he's spamming R1, not because he is adjusting the camera.
He also for some reason thinks lock-on should never break during boss fights when there's only one enemy in the boss arena. I thought he wanted more depth in combat? Matthew clearly relies on lock-on too much (see his DSII video). Maybe he should take this as a hint to adapt and get better at combat without just locking on and spamming R1 or roll.
Matthew has this stupid habit of trying to make a narrative using speculation about game development. Here, he tries to create this narrative than narrow-minded fans have driven the developers to making the games more accessible and convenient. What evidence is there actually for this? None. He doesn't like aspects of the later games, but instead just explaining why they're worse, he has to use baseless speculation to create this dumb narrative where he's a true Souls fan who appreciates the games like no one else can.
It's also kind of weird how he complains about the online multiplayer. Would you really rather get invaded by a troll with a scraping spear instead of someone who is actually trying to use the mechanics of the game to win? Seems like this whole video is just Matthew saying he prefers gimmicks and illogical design because it's "memorable" and "different" instead of actually interesting in a gameplay sense.

It's not even that he has different opinions than others but being unable to praise DeS in every souls game review/critique and saying things like bloodbourne has the least deep combat because lmao no shields is just wrong

>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

>angry ds1 babies are butthurt
DeS is better then ds1 and you literally cannot deny this

wasn't this guy representing every normie that got pissed off because they couldnt adapt to changes in the souls game? i remember him being so fucking bitchy about DSII even though he got many things wrong

You're a mindless pleb who views games as a soulless checklist of bullet point features. Go back to screaming about review scores in the comments of IGN Youtube videos.

As a recent buyer, after a while most encounters can be over by striking at will with R1 (especially if you main a fast weapon like the saw). You just stunlock them to death.

Combat feels less like strategy, than simply dashing and cutting. But I guess that's what they went with, only exceptions are the boss fights.

>What evidence is there actually for this?
How about a greater emphasis on PvP and the ability to co-op with your friends instead of engaging in jolly cooperation with a complete random as youre supposed to?

>Would you really rather get invaded by a troll with a scraping spear instead of someone who is actually trying to use the mechanics of the game to win
What's more memorable? Someone fucking with you and destroying all your items or a 1v1 duel with nobody? Someone who disgused themselves and backstabbed you or some dark magic spamming that killed you in one hit?

>gimmick bosses
stopped reading right there
you have no idea what you are talking about

>after a while most encounters can be over by striking at will with R1 (especially if you main a fast weapon like the saw). You just stunlock them to death.
Like every other Souls game?

The problem is memorable is a stupid way to measure these things. Getting stabbed in the stomach irl is pretty memorable but it's FUCKING HORRIBLE and not fun

>not accepting Chris Wagar as Sup Forums's only guy

>Would you really rather get invaded by a troll with a scraping spear instead of someone who is actually trying to use the mechanics of the game to win
So you are one of those
KIll yourself you casual manchild faggot

These threads are proof that mods shill threads for their friends / customers. Sup Forums is such a shithole shill central.

But normies loved the changes
it made the series casual and simple for them

>shield mechanics
Stamina management is still on BB, shields don't add any depth you just press a button to keep it up.
>weapon weilding choices
Weapons in BB are more unique than in any other game of the series.
>magic
Spamming projectiles doesn't add any depth and is the most braindead way to finish a souls game. At least magic in BB is more than projectiles.

It's fun when you do it

>thread is videogame discussion prompted by the points raised in the video
>some butthurt retard needs to scream constantly about WAAAAAAAAH E-CELEBS!!!!!!
Fuck off

But with other souls game, you have more options : shields, bows, large choice of magic (+ pyromancy), and a wide arsenal of weapons; backstabs, parries.

Add to it different levels of burden which change your character's speed, all of this creates more options, more ways of dealing with in an enemy.

I only played DeS, DaS I, and DaS II for reference.

>people discussion opinions on an iconic video game franchise based on the topic of a notable reviewer
>shilling
Pick one

Because Shields are the reason for having less depth. They're broken in DeS and DaS.

The whole idea about the Souls series is about a world that is stacked against you. That feeling for being fucked over time and time again, only to come out victorious in the end is what I miss from these games.

>notable reviewer
>prompted

at least try to be less obvious

Normies are the ones bitching about every little change on their favorite anonymous videogame forum

BB has two basic techniques - mash R1 and dodge
The Souls games have three techniques - mash R1, dodge and block

How does BB have more depth?

>I only played DeS, DaS I, and DaS II
I can tell

Greater mobility, gun parries, and the increased moveset per weapon that each of the trick weapons had generally gave the player more options at any given time than they would have in other Souls games.

Bloodborne and Dark 3 are braindead as fuck. Everything other style of play is crippled and rolling/dodging is made so preposterously easy. If dodging were any more effective, you may as well be playing Bayonetta.

Did he ever mention hbomb in his video or is he a coward?

Why should he respond in anyway to that retard to that in the first place?

No Dark Souls is the most braindead of all. Poise is and will always be a mistake.

Souls also has parries, being faster doesn't add depth and Souls has actual magic which adds a whole other layer of strategy.

Why would he taint his video by mentioning that fuckers name?

I don't think he ever bothered watching his video, but he did go a bit deeper about the whole "you don't need to use lock-on" bullshit.

because that "retard" rekt him to oblivion?

hbomb's video is so shit it's barely worth responding to

Mentally healthy people don't watch that fucking faggot.

lol

But that's right. Rally doesn't make up for all the depth different shields with different purposes had. You had stability, different elemental defenses, shields that let you block while attacking, shields that gave you buffs, parried attacks, gave special attributes. Not to mention stamina management became a joke and sacrificing weight/agility for better defense is non-existent.

>more options mean less depth, less iptions means more depth

Mechanics I don't like have no depth because I don't like them

>shitting on souls combat
finally, a good opinion

great arguments, guiz. you sure showed me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>That part where he shittalked muh honourable pvp tryhards
Good shit but he honestly didn't really say much. The video didn't need to be that long as most of his points boil down to
>Because it was different
with some even boiling down to
>It was worse but it was different so it was better
I agreed with a lot of what he said though.

He didn't need to when the youtube comments did all the work roasting him.

Shields accomplish the same thing that rolls do, only they require less consideration because blocking doesn't reposition you, and you can block for as long as you have stamina, whereas a roll moves you around the environment and requires specific timing in order to be functional. I can respect that people want variety, but ultimately, shields don't do that much in complicating the combat of Souls games.
While Bloodborne does have a bow, and ranged weapons, they still exhibit the same gameplay philosophy that bows did in Demon's and Dark souls: They are only good as a means of kiting enemies from far away before killing them with your melee weapon. Their low attack power and lack of moveset options attest to this, and while you could theoretically play the entire game with a bow and arrow, in much the same way you could play Bloodborne only using the shotgun, it clearly isn't intended.
Magic and pyromancy are the primary area where Bloodborne and Souls games display very different design philosophies, as Bloodborne doesn't bring forth a lot of creative, non-combat oriented spells like Spook and Hush. Each trick weapon can be reasonably compared with an entire weapon class in a souls game, and both feature backstabs and parries, with Bloodborne improving upon both.
I don't understand why people seem to keep putting forth this idea that Bloodborne stripped out a lot of combat complexity, when all they did was get rid of a tactic that was a less-efficient version of something that was already in the game, and didn't require much from the player in the first place.

I love DeS but I'm not giving that doofus any attention. Literally the only good thing he's ever made has been the Bioshock Infinite review.

>MM video
>only 24 minutes

Is it feeling sick of something? This should be 3 hours.

DaS > DeS > BB >> DaS3 >>> DaS2

>Actual magic
>15 different ways to shoot a projectile at someone far away
Whoa, it's like 4-D Chess

>reviewer that has the same opinions is me is the best reviewer

what's the like to dislike ratio?

Who the fuck is hbomb?

BB=DaS1=DeS>DaS3>DaS2

sure is summer in here

Switch Demon's Souls and Bloodborne and you're golden.

I just started and platinumed Bloodborne a month ago. It's not wrong. You do WAY less in Bloodborne than the other games.
Being limited to melee weapons only in one hand is another example. I can't dual wield swords or crossbows in BB.

Literal communist Youtuber who mostly makes videos about how social justice is great but occasionally makes retarded gaming videos full of shit opinions.

>I can't dual wield swords
You kind of can, actually.

you have it backwards.

The perfect embodiment of your average Sup Forums user.

Only on like two specific weapons and only in trick mode. And even then, it's just "well you got two of the same dagger, now."
What if I want a lightning spear in one hand and a caestus in the other? Fuck logical builds, I just wanna do it!

go to bed hbomberguy

Nope.

he mostly makes gaming videos. prove me wrong.

>Mechanics I don't like have no depth because I don't like them
Epic strawman dude

Listen, I agree with you to an extent, I'm just saying that the tricked Rakuyo or whatever its called has a pretty sweet moveset. Its hardly "two of the same dagger".

>nothing in that post regarding opinions
Joseph just has a solid dissertations with some humor sprinkled in bud

Nah, watching Joseph is like watching a less-eloquent Matthew. He's gotten better and I still enjoy watching him, but he isn't as concise and his justification for a few of his arguments really doesn't make sense (DS2 in particular).

I believe that you agree with me, but I did not buy the DLC and don't care to.

"kill la kill is good because it examines the obsession with tits, and ultimately concludes 'tits are cool I guess but so is egalitarianism, we should smash the patriarchy and capitalism'"

Go back to tranny chasing Harris you literal loon. You even look fucking weird.

stay mad, fanboy.

I bet the Jedi are evil from your perspective as well?

>and don't care to
B-but why?

Every game in the series is amazing god tier ludo and putrid trash tier shit at the same time

I meant backwards as in how often he uploads certain content. I think the guy is an idiot btw.

I found the second half of the game to be boring.
I used the whip, and everything seemed to be weak to the whip. I'd only be doing it for the sake of getting a second platinum trophy, except I don't care about that, either.

>The shortcuts in DeS were the best because they were believable within the world and not just there for the player convenience.
Yeah, I get that shortcut like an elevator in world 2 makes sense because they were in a mine, but who cares?
When I first saw all the shortcuts in DeS for the first time, I only saw them as contrived shortcuts created by game designers sole for the purpose of being a convenience to the player, instead of "oh hey, this shortcut totally makes sense for a citizen of Boletaria!"
It seems like a really weird nitpick, and I agree that Matt focuses way too much on MUH IMMERSION!

Sup Forums thinks 40 minute reviews are autism, you think people here have the attention span to read his long mechanics spiels? Also Sup Forums definitely believes in immersion.

This applies to every game discussed on Sup Forums. The general consensus tends to shit one way or another, but what you just said describes every discussion ever had in this shitpile, the only thing missing is being called a nigger faggot cock sucker because you have a different opinion than me.

Literally copied from Reddit faggot

Did you play Demon's Souls on release?

im glad he called out later game's increasingly contrived shortcuts

the amount of "door does not open from this side" messages in dark souls 3 is absurd, it takes you out of the experience since every time you find one of these doors you find yourself thinking "okay, this is probably a shortcut for later"

you constantly find yourself thinking in this very meta way. another example is that i constantly find myself checking corners not because it would make sense for an enemy to be there or the game encourages you to take your time and be careful but because it's that's where "they" would most likely put an enemy to catch you out

More weapons with the same 3 basic attack patterns. BB has better weapons and that should go without saying. Same with magic, each spell in BB is actually unique. 90% of the spells in dark souls can be cut. Even worse, if you don't wear the ugliest accessories in the game for your magic build you're not conforming to the pvp meta, and will do very little damage.

Its probably some of the best content From has ever made, but okay. Also the Whip really is only effective against beasts due to the serrated damage.

>Hey guys I watch an eceleb XD I love ecelebs and I follow everything they do
>Except I hate this guy, he's a fucking faggot
>But at the same time I still keep up with what he does and consume every piece of content he makes like if I need it more than air or water

Fucking pathetic, take your eceleb shit to reddit, please. Let's be 100% honest here, you won't get people hating on you if you go to a community like reddit under their eceleb board or whatever, but here you will, so please kindly fuck off to somewhere people ACTUALLY want to discuss this.

What are you left with without an atmospheric an immersive experience in a Souls game? ¨

His arguments is that the games focus less on immersion and more on combat, but the combat isn't deep enough to be the main focus of the game.