Explain yourself Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RGKwY84tvQY
youtube.com/watch?v=NtqYElpLr2s
youtube.com/watch?v=ltdHcyi13-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The gameplay is also bad.

The gameplay is shit too.

the story was just chopped up, Im sure if you kept all of it in and added more to it, it would be much better.
But, yeah gameplay is more important. If you want stories go watch those visual novels.

Just about everything is bad in this game which includes gameplay.

you guys pretty much failed at sperging. I've been reading FF XV threads for months out of curiosity. lots of negativity but no substantial criticism to seriously keep me away from the game. finally bought the game after exams. you were exaggerating it was pretty good. I'm glad I didn't listen to you.

why is this never on sale

dumb hivemind poster

>why is this never on sale
it's selling well (but it has been on sale)

The gameplay is dumbed down kingdom hearts.
I didn't even go into this game with expectations. Only FF I've ever finished is VI.
It just sucks.

I feel like this thread was made to summon the ultra autist just so he could throw another temper tantrum

>The gameplay is dumbed down kingdom hearts.

you haven't played the game.

You're right, its worse Type-0 combat.

You can't even launch in XV, the combat is bafflingly bad.

I wouldn't say it's bad but it's unremarkable especially in today's gaming climate.

Also an RPG is expected to have some story OP and FFXV's is not only bad it feels dated even just by the series own standards. Only it's not even as engaging as the first FF it's more like needlessly complicated and cliched dogshit like FF2 and FF8 and no I don't mean by complicated that it's hard to understand I mean they take a basic story and needlessly make the a to b flourishes ridiculously disjointed and weirdly connected when a more basic format and way of saying this cliche shit would get the same message across.

Compared to previous FFs? Yeah nah

>You can't even launch in XV,

what do you mean ?

especially compared to previous FFs

fucking XIII had better gameplay and that literally could play itself

It's even worse than previous FF

You mean XII?
youtube.com/watch?v=RGKwY84tvQY

Keep playing. People typically enjoy it until Altissia.

The gameplay in XV is brainless trash. Story is an afterthought.

knocking an enemy into the air to juggle them, a staple move in combo gameplay like this

In an action or fighting game a launch move is a move that will put the enemy/opponent in an airborne state where you can follow up with aerial combos, usually the enemy can't break free from this state but some games like Bayonetta 2 the enemies can.
Kingdom Hearts has launchers and XV doesn't, pretty sad.

didn't even have to build your own gambits in XIII

Type-0 didn't have launchers or air combos :^)

Just like FFX-2 the story was shit, but the combat was worth skipping all the dialog and cutscenes for.

Don't worry the trash gameplay as is also a reason.

The combat is the worst part of the game though.

It's sales are terrible which is why they can't lower the price because they need to recover their huge losses.

It tastes sweet at first
Makes you have some hope in squaenix.
Then things repeat, and repeat, and repeat. Once kinda cool small talk between the boys becomes the same words over and over. It drives you mad.
It makes you feel upset. Gameplay is holding down O and getting game over is impossible. There is a boss that takes many hours of holding down O to kill. The story is cut up a lot. Cool characters have no backstory, shit characters have some backstory. Magic is entirely situation summons and crafting element grenades. I wanted to like it. I love a lot of final fantasy games and always hope for the best when they have a new release. Starting to lose a little hope in the company
>t. Platinum'd the game and have over 100 hours in

>Keep playing.
I'm close to platinum

>It's even worse than previous FF
>fucking XIII had better gameplay and that literally could play itself
>The gameplay in XV is brainless trash. Story is an afterthought.
>knocking an enemy into the air to juggle them

Guys I;m the user above and this is what I mean by failed at sperging. You try so hard to be negative you are not making any points. you sound like the same all crying we get with every new game. most people like me are going to ignore you especially when you start calling XIII good to back youselves up. also launching. really ?

I like XV in spite of it's flaws, which are numerous.

go fuck yourself

What the fuck are you doing

How is he still not fucking banned/

FFXIII had much better combat

>FFXV has bad comba-

>>t. Platinum'd the game and have over 100 hours in

also failed sperging. you need more than more than 100 hours without a guide. sorry guys you are not doing it.

this isn't XV-kun

XV-kun is immediately recognizable as XV-kun

Alright you asked for it, unleashing my wall of text:

>Story
All over the fucking place, plot details are in outside media that is REQUIRE VIEWING if you want to know whats going on. Characters other than the main four get criminally little screen time and are outright gone later in the game. We're supposed to buy that Noctis and Luna love each other despite the fact that not only are they barely even seen together, we barely see Luna AT ALL. Don't forget the fact that Prompto is a Nif test tube baby and this revelation causes a pitiful crisis of confidence to him, which is then hand waved away, I mean who gives a fuck right? Oh he's also Verstael's son, don't know who Verstael is? I don't blame you.
>Combat
Holy fuck the fucking combat, its a total clusterfuck. They attempt to give it some nuance with pause and directional combos, which is a good idea, as is the break system leading to free hits on a downed enemy (can you say Xenoblade X?) But its piss poor honestly, directional attacks only work half the time and are inconsistent, rather than attack where he's standing Noctis will sprint towards an enemy and attack them, even if theres one closer to you, this makes crowd control virtually nonexistent unless you use magic. Speaking of magic, it sucks, the Lucis bloodline are fucking wizards and what do we get? Grenades with different flavors of elemental magic,which you have to craft by the way, and a ring with a few spells on it, that they had to buff MONTHS after it came out. Then theres air comabt which Noct should excel at, I mean that mother fucker can warp right? Nope, target an enemy while jumping or warping will cause him to spaz out and struggle to hit the enemy, wasting mp if its flying about since nothing suffers hitstun in this game except you.

If you've really been in XV threads FOR MONTHS, you'd be aware of all the major complaints.

Enemies are utter damage sponges and take FOREVER to kill, this is made worse by the fact that Noct and friends are as tough as a paper bag, and your teammates can and will die, in which case you'll have to waste time reviving them only for them to stand in another devastating attack and die again. This also means heavy menu management, get used to drinking a thousand fucking potions and phoenix downs, yeah thats right, you spend half your time in battle navigating a menu IN A FUCKING ACTION GAME. Titan is a fucking joke of a boss, Aranea and Ravus are total clusterfucks Aranaea with a half-baked aerial combat set piece, and Ravus with entirely too much hp. However the Zone of the Enders style aerial combat used to fight Leviathan is cool idea and makes sense given Noct's power of the armiger, too bad it sucks shit as well, also Ardyn is a qte. I feel I could go on, but that would require playing the game more which have no intention of doing.
>Music
Phoned in, its obvious Shimomura did the minimum here and the best tracks are the ones composed when it was still Versus. Not to mention Nomura works closely with her on the music, part of the reason why the music in Kingdom Hearts is amazing, legendary even.
>Graphics
Again all over the fucking place, character models and lighting are quite good of course, playing to the strengths of the Luminous engine. While distant and not so distant environments look like ass, it's weakness. I reckon using UE4 like they were going to fucking fo for FFVII and KH anyway, would have shaved off a good deal of time off wrestling with the Luminous engine.
>Bonus
Side quests are horrible, just horrible. They are all fetch quests LITERALLY every single one of them, its pathetic. The product placement is fucking abysmal and Gladio's cup noodle commercial alone is enough to damn this game. Kingsglaive, Brotherhood, Florence, Uncovered, all that shit was utterly unnecessary.

>another "prove xv kun wrong" thread
i guess im not getting to bed at a decent time tonight

>-t.

The Omen trailer is fucking false advertising and might as well be for a different game. Even now there is more I can think of but I'm done for tonight, I hope that helps explain why this game is such a monumental fuck up. Tabata had the game virtually laid out for him but lacked any vision or direction and instead opted to "put everyone on a level playing field" resulting in the half-baked amalgamation of shit you see in the game. But hey, it was a success right? Thats the power of advertising I suppose.

There, call me an autist, I don't give a fuck, this game is trash. Square fucked this game in every possible way and it will stand as a testament to how NOT to make a game.

Whatever fckin dum dum

Nice cherrypicking, meanwhile in the actual game.

Um sweetie, if you hate the game so much, how come you obsess over it?

>fag asks for criticism
>play the game, guy lists 3 posts worth of complaints about it
>like, why are you obsessed?!
You are really stupid

>you'd be aware of all the major complaints.

yep. and I will be very honest with you; after shitting on MGSV I never thought that Sup Forums could lose any more credibility. they are great games. pretty good gen over all.

MGSV also has major problems too. It's not Sup Forums, it's >(You)

>MGSV also has major problems too.
Name three.

>trying to deflect by bringing MGS into this

>defends utter trash like FF15
>doesn't even know what launch means
FF15 fans truly are underage retards.

It's not that bad, but it's basically a early access game. Once all DLCs are out and they release a "complete" edition it will probably be pretty good.

>shit unfinished story
>boring and repetitive overworld
>shit characters
Wow exactly the same as FFXV

>i-it'll be good when they finish it
the combat, world, and general gameplay will still be trash

xv kun wouldn't know good combat if it hit him in the face

>XV's combat
>Bad
youtube.com/watch?v=NtqYElpLr2s
Maybe you should try getting good.

Not gonna lie, if they re-work the combat to make it fun and satisfying I'll play through it again. Thats all you do in this shitty game is run around and kill shit.

Unfinished, this isn't even up for debate
Open world was a bad idea and so was the location, I was so sick of just desert and swamp for most of the game
I had a real problem with some of the story and the twist just made everything feel pointless in the end.

>literally hold circle to win
>"maybe you should git gud"

And you know all the varied side quests and optional dungeons.

>hold O while holding back left stick

>varied sidequests
Go here and kill/collect or both
>optional dungeons
Where you can kill shit again? Be grateful I even considered replaying this garbage.

If they put as much effort into the main game as they did with the Pitioss Ruins it might have been good

>whines about someone else cherrypicking
>posts webm which is literally cherrypicked scenes cut together

>Deadeye hunt
>Upgrading the Regalia
>Helping a scientist by collecting frog specimens
>Help someone get pictures for a magazine
Looks pretty varied to me.
That webm is an accurate representation of what the combat is like all the time, the other one is a glitched enemy encounter.

Considering that's a webm xv-kun made, the hypocrisy makes sense

is it time for a Jack thread?

>accurate representation of what the combat is

>hold O to dodge attacks automatically
>hold O and left stick back/left/right

Yep, that about sounds right. Also, it's not a "glitched enemy encounter". It's a legit encounter. Nothing about it is a glitch, but keep lying to yourself.

That's jack? Jesus, I thought he got better

>that time xv kun unironically tried to say the deadeye hunt was the best sidequest in all of FF

the Kalm Traveler sidequest from FF7 would like a word

that might be an older video

>Still forcing the 'hold O' meme
youtube.com/watch?v=ltdHcyi13-A
Get good.

Just play kingdom hearts for gameplay, and basically any other ff for a better story

>he thinks it's a meme

>xv-kun is a retard
wow what a surprise

Okay why would you even need to do all that cool shit when there are simpler ways to take down your enemy without having the camera move around like an autistic kid?

>return to thread
>claims that i havent played the game
best feeling
i own the game and season pass. havent even felt any need to start up and see whatever the gladio dlc is and i dont give a shit about prompto either.
i had some hype for this game. it looked really nice. combat looked fun, open world looked interesting, and the story seemed alright enough. shills on Sup Forums only furthered my hype. worst game i played in 2016 by far, and i bought nms and star fox zero. never played a game that felt like such a half-assed mess in my life.

>OST GOTY
>Original Soundtrack Game of the Year
I don't know what that even means but IGN gave The Last Guardian the Soundtrack of the Year award.

>Trump won the popular vote
Wut

So you can elevate the combat in XV to its fullest potential, it's one of the best realize combat systems in an ARPG.

Refer to and

XV-kun is literally underage

He didn't know how burgerland elected presidents, people explained how much of an idiot he is, and then he had to damage control when he found out

But why would you want to do that when you can just mash your way through without feeling like you are motion sick? The enemies don't encourage the deep gameplay at all

>Combat good
>Hold square to become invincible
>mash one button to do your combo
>on the off chance you do get hit or die just pop one of your near infinite supply of potions
>fighting more than 4 enemies is an absolute clusterfuck

This is made even more apparent when fighting level 100+ enemies where they will one shot you with every move but you just pop a potion to live then spam warp strikes until they die

>But why would you want to do that when you can just mash your way through
You can't.

That video literally shows a bunch of clips of holding O and holding the left stick in a certain direction, holding square to dodge, and the occasional weapon swap in the middle. It's so fucking automated, it's not even funny. The player hardly has to do anything.

You can, you can just press O and heal from time to time. There is no need to force yourself to do all that crap

>you can just press O and heal from time to time.
This is every Final Fantasy game.

I don't understand why they can't stick to turn based combat, people liked them that way, now even the FF7 remakes wants to change it.

not XIV :^)

Not every Final Fantasy game has an Action-based combat system. The fact that XV is action-based and holding O and popping heals is still the most viable combat method is pathetic.

>I don't understand why they can't stick to turn based combat
They threw that away at IV, reminder that ATB killed Final Fantasy.

no one thing killed Final Fantasy

The west doesn't like turn based much or Dragon Quest would be a thing