Curious to know how Sup Forums feels about the Switch. Have you bought one? Will you? Do you like Nintendo...

Curious to know how Sup Forums feels about the Switch. Have you bought one? Will you? Do you like Nintendo ? Discuss nintendo

strawpoll.me/13285207

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yHMy4GVYoM
steamcommunity.com/id/BalancedMass/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bought one.
I'm typically indifferent toward the company but I really enjoyed the 3DS, it has been my favorite handheld. The switches lineup looks pretty good and as long as they don't censor a bunch of shit I don't see why I won't be happy with my purchase.

Everything else is practically for PC or coming to PC anyway so PC/Switch it is.

I bought a Switch at launch. Unfortunately, I didn't like Zelda that much, so I basically had a paperweight with a charging dock for a while until I could rebuy Mario Kart. Between enjoying games in Handheld mode and dumping serious online time into Puyo Tetris and ARMS, I'm enjoying the system and have no doubt in my mind that Mario Odyssey will rock everyone's world in October

Pc is garbage. Everything isn't coming to pc. Pc gets ports from five years ago and farming simulators.

Bought one at launch. Robbed. Just bought my second.

I'm interested in getting one at the actual normal retail price, so 2018 maybe.

I bought one second hand for a pretty good deal. I'm not big on Nintendo consoles but I wanted to try out Zelda since apparently it is 10/10. It's actually a pretty comfy game, never played Zelda before. I'm more excited for Pokemon and Rocket League on Switch.

You are absolutely delusional if you believe this.

All me.
Haha, jk wrong thread. Cya guys!

This. I'd buy one if they were in stock and weren't being charged at $200 over retail.

>listing steel division
I'm one of the 700 that have played it in the last hour and I wouldn't. It's so fucking niche.

>pc gamer wants to prove that pc has games

>posts pic of indies

Why

This is a switch thread.

Haven't bought one.
Still waiting for 3DS titles to migrate to the Switch.

As soon as Etrian Odyssey VI gets announced I'm on board.

>NEVER BUY A CONSOLE AT LAUNCH
>U-UNLESS ITS A NINTNEDO CONSOLE, THEY NEED THE SUPPORT
>every good game on switch is a port
This poll proves this is nintendogaf.

Haunter, what do you think about the Nintendo Switch?

I'll get it once classes start again, other than that its what the Vita should have been years ago

>every good game on switch is a port
This

I feel so sorry for nintendo players. They only get the rest of the gaming world's sloppy seconds and beg for more

Nintendo should have set up higher production so they weren't so hard to get and pushed for the "main series" Pokemon game to come out right now instead of ARMS

Disgusting

Handheld console marketed as home console.

No games on it are interesting for me.

Costs way too much - one could get ps4 and 3 games in a bundle for price of switch(without pro controller). Or xbone if it had any games.

I have 3ds and vita for mobile gaming, ps4 and pc for home gaming. I see no reason to buy it.

I will be buying one this year at some point. With zelda, and nfc tags off ebay.

Thanks for staying on topic.
Resellers propping up scalpers and artificially inflating the prices at retail environments is a sure fire way to overvalue the product while keeping the consumer interest but ultimately is a problem for demand. Rarity may seem nice but it may also be a compensation plan for trickling in customers as they encourage people to buy the set "game of the month".

can anyone get me a hot take on Graceful Explosion Machine

>no second screen or stylus
EMD is the new mainline.

Not getting one anytime soon despite Kirby and splatoon 2 tempting me, I bought into the WiiU completely and Nintendo fucked me over every which way before the first year was over and the Switch isn't exactly winning me over.
Honestly I'd probably buy a standalone console version over some half assed tablet

> The switches lineup looks pretty good and as long as they don't censor a bunch of shit I don't see why I won't be happy with my purchase.

youtube.com/watch?v=4yHMy4GVYoM

No worries, thanks to NoA, now the games will just get censored at the design stage so you never even get a frame of reference

I own a ps4 and xbox one (no gaming pc) and got a switch at launch. It's the only handheld i own and i only have zelda and mk8. Enjoyed both and it makes for a good 3rd pillar. Honestly only good for exclusives since anything multiplatform will either underperform or get gimped.

All in all a solid 7 with the pro controller and comfy portable mode.

Bought it with BotW on release, Zelda is pretty fun but haven't really touched it since April because of college finals and Overwatch sucking up my free time

This thread needed censorship fear mongering. Thanks for that.

Meanwhile XC2's official artwork is the same for the NA version and nothing is depicting that anything will be changing.

3 and I'll win the Switch giveaway I joined.

What do you plan on using nfc tags for on the switch? I just got one and was unaware they could be used for something.

I'm not fear mongering. I'm showing the devs themselves saying "we can't wait to bend over and let NoA fuck our work before you even get the option to just import our version!

they are fucking EXCITED to modify their work to be blandly palatable to all 3 regions, except including NoA in that brings it down a peg from what it would be otherwise. before you at least could pick to import but now, they are flying hipster treehouse faggots directly to japan to meddle with everything

nothing's been censored because you aren't even allowed to see what they get changed anymore.

Close your retarded quotation brackets. Nobody is saying that, go give censored gaming more ad revenue though.

I had been thinking about it for a long time and then I saw the Odyssey announcement and had a talk with a friend about all the good memories of Gameboy, N64 and Gamecube games.

Bought one the next day. PC+Switch is a no brainer. None of the other consoles have enough *good* exclusives to make it worth the investment.

PC is my main gaming hub and it does the job far better than my snes, n64, ps2 ever did when I was consolefriend. Pic related it's my library.

SteamID?
We got similar tastes I think.

>Lightning Returns
thinking about grabbing that from the Steam sale. Any particular reason I shouldn't?

>Have you bought one?
No.
>Will you?
Probably. So far nothing interests me, I'm looking forward to play NMH 3, but I'm not going to buy this thing just for one game.
I already played all the multiplat games on PS4 or Vita.
>Do you like Nintendo ?
No.

Bought one on launch for Zelda, specifically to play Zelda when I go on trips. Games I already plan on buying are:
Mario + Rabbids: I've never played that style of game before, turn based tactical. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was the first actual RPG game I ever played, and thanks to it, it got me interested in more RPGs, and from it I was introduced to the worlds of Pokemon Red, Earthbound, Superstar Saga, Paper Mario, FF4, Kingdom Hearts, and Bravely Default. Chances are that if I enjoy this game, I might get into more turn based tactical games as well.

Splatoon 2: Of course because I enjoyed the first one, but I might just play it until paid online starts, then I will likely quit.

Super Mario Odyssey: Obvious reasons, it looks great and I can't wait to play it.

Kirby: I'm a huge kirby fan, so I can't wait for the new game.

Yoshi: I really enjoyed Woolly World, and cannot wait to play the new game.

I'm tempted to get Sonic Mania as well, and also plan to get the new and improved Yooka Laylee port when it comes to the Switch as well. In the mean time, I will be playing Crash remastered and FF12 remastered on my PS4 as I wait for Rabbids in August.

>Costs way too much

Costs pretty much the same as the PS4 did at launch.

There's only two good games on that entire list

>Have you bought one?

No. I had a preorder before launch but ended up cancelling it. The investment didn't seem worth it yet and I was caught up in the new-console hype.

>Will you?

Eventually, yes. The new Shin Megami Tensei is a system-seller for me; assuming it's an exclusive. I need more games to be enticed though.

>Do you like Nintendo?

Their games? Yes.

Their consoles? No. I find they make a lot of frustrating decisions with their consoles and I honestly want them to be third-party. I think the Switch is a mixed-bag. The concept is great, but they're already going insane with overpriced accessories ($90 CDN for a fucking Pro controller) and essentially having to buy an SD card right away because of the awful internal memory. Also, the online chat looks like a cluster-fuck.

steamcommunity.com/id/BalancedMass/

>Splatoon 2: Of course because I enjoyed the first one, but I might just play it until paid online starts, then I will likely quit.

>pay 60 dollars for a game you can play for 10 months. That's fine
>online is 20 dollars for 12 months. $1.66 a month. Not fine

Sup Forums is stupid

>no option for wants a switch, but sold out everywhere
You missed out OP

I'm optimistic about the switch. Bought one yesterday. I originally wasn't interested in it but it sorta clicked with me out of the blue and I really wanted one so I got it.
I like Nintendo games in general. I enjoy them every now and then. Plus I like having all consoles so the only reason I miss out on a game is because I don't want it rather than not having the platform it's on.

Already have a friend planning on buying the game back from me after I am done with it, nice try though.

I bought one after E3 finished and there was no announcement of a Splatoon 2 bundle or any other kind of bundle.
Already own Zelda BotW, ARMS and Puyo Puyo Tetris and there's another 3 or 4 games I'm looking forward to this year for it

>there's only two games I've played on that entire list
Gotta broaden your horizons a little, user.

Got it at launch. It's fucking dope.

I already have one and love it. I only wish I had preordered a neon one instead of gray.

I have one and let me tell you it's not worth it, maybe once it's hacked. Nobody else seems to want it either as I'll having literally zero luck selling it

I have Zelda, mk8, arms, and binding of Isaac. It is a beautiful console and I have no regrets. Looking forward to getting disgaea 5 and spla2oon

8/8

Bought an 8bitdo Super Famicom controller to play Cave Story and Shovel Knight on the Switch.

It feels so good. Like sex without a condom.

fun game but it runs horribly on potatoes

Same. Grey fucking sucks and I'm not paying the outrageous price for new joycons. I'd rather buy a pro controller.

> not waiting for the pro version

Ya fucked up son

Dude. You paid $40 smackeroonies for Isaac? Fuck.

Not all of us are poor, family

Pro version looks kinda ugly. Still might get it though.

It would get me one step closer to never having to give anyone half joycons to play Mario Kart.

Fuck you, I'm winning that giveaway! Check em!

or intelligent, it seems.

Giving that money to Nicalis OR Edmund just makes me sick, my man.

Sometimes, you get to the point at which you have so much money, that waiting for sales is the unintelligent thing to do.

I kinda like playing with half joy cons, but admittedly because it reminds me of the snes lol

>tfw I'm going to buy old games like a retard when they come out.
Milk me for cash, fuckers!

I like my grey. The joycons being different colors would drive me crazy

This guy gets it

It's not bad in a pinch.

I bought one because that's where 50% of upcoming JRPGs are coming out, and I have a PS4 for the other 50%.

Splatoon is fun too.

>62% of the people on Sup Forums already own one

And people still pretend this isn't Nintendo fag central?

62 percent of people that entered the thread. There's a difference

The PS4 is far more powerful and can do a lot more things than the Switch. It is overpriced.

My thinking is, if I had preordered the neon, I'd only have to buy an opposite pack of the red and blue and I'd have a full blue and full red set. Now I'd have to spend $160 to get them which isn't going to happen.

No portability..

I'm waiting for a different color pro controller. Don't like the Splatoon one, doesn't go far enough.

PS4 cannot play Nintendo games, nor can it be played on an airplane, or lazily on the couch when someone else is watching TV.

It's like they're two different devices for different purposes.

>being this poor
loling @ ur life f

This guy understands. When you have the money, and there's nothing you can think of to buy instead, and nothing you can think of saving it for instead, it just makes sense to buy a game on release when you have the money and have no need to save it for anything either. If you can't buy a game that you want on release because you feel that money could go towards something worth more, bad news bro, you are poor. If you have to choose, that's what makes you poor.

Anyone remember THIS gem? Don't forget to leave a (You).

>518▶
> (You)
>>being this poor
>loling @ ur life f

How does this indicate "poor" to you?

I own a PS4 and a Switch. I bought the Switch because it serves a different purpose than the PS4. You were the one all concerned with the cost-effectiveness of the systems you buy.

>Make cheap ass joycons so they break easily
>Charge out the ass for new ones
I'm so sick of Nintendo's shit at this point.

I don't particularly care about any of the exclusives, but if the new SMT is an exclusive to it (which I highly doubt due to the Switch's low userbase) I'd get it in a heartbeat

If it really bothers you that much there's other websites you can go to.

i wasn't the first guy but some of us can afford a second tv and to bring their ps4s on their planes lol

PC gets more simultaneous multiplat releases these days than it gets 5 year old ports. Did you just come out from living under a rock?

I think I'm going to get SMT on Switch even if it's on a Sony system UNLESS some crazy shit goes down between now and the release where Sony has a portable on the market (highly doubt it though). I like JRPGs a lot more when they're portable.

>low userbase
Dude the switch is selling like hotcakes, don't think devs haven't noticed ps4's low attach rate

>That many people owns a switch

What the fuck.

Yeah.

Generally I'm not in favor of spending money for the sake of spending money, but I've maxed out my tax advantaged retirement accounts and I have $50,000 in the bank. If I want to play a game right now, I'm going to buy it right now. Waiting a few months for $10 or $20 of savings is pointless.

That's not to say I don't wait on some games. I do it all the time. But mostly it's because if I bought it at launch, I know it'd be a while before it gets played. In that case, the smart thing to do is to wait until I have time.

>The dock scratches the shit out of the portable unit
Can't make this shit up. Terrible design. I'm waiting for the retooled version that doesn't suck.

>2019
Is something happening that year that warrants 2019 as a year to get Switch?

Except it doesn't but okay

>don't think devs haven't noticed ps4's low attach rate
You are a fucking moron.

It may be selling well, put the PS4 still has way more users

literally a fucking marketer

Why is that, my man?