Unironically how much does this bother you?

Unironically how much does this bother you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4SYLQl98orI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

None, because the update doesn't prevent the original from existing.

Looks pretty neat. Only an autist on the Sup Forums spectrum would flip his shit over it.

not much, still prefer the original though

i prefer the older style, but the classic mario look is fine.

the hammerbro, koopa and lakito are just lazy, tho.

not at all

I am extremely bothered by that logo, should've just called it Superstar Saga Deluxe instead of slapping "+ Bowser's Minions" on.

Sprites are whatever.

Not much. I can emulate the original whenever I want. I think I'll enjoy the new version regardless of whether the graphics are worse or not.

a lot actually, this is less of a remake and more of streamlining designs so everything is uniform, no more off-model enemies to give games a unique feel
why bother "remaking" something if you completely change the feel and atmosphere of it
it just screams that they ran out of ideas and decided "hey we already made a game, lets just make it again and save time"
that being said im going to buy it anyways because if i don't nintendo is going to do that "oh no one bought it, clearly nobody wants more mario RPGS" and shut the whole thing down

What, should I be surprised? This is Modern Nintendo.

Zero. I didn't enjoy the games because I was staring at the enemies, I enjoyed the game because it was fun.

A little bit. I miss the charm of the old ones. Not going to stop me from """"buying"""" though
shut up tripfag

>Charm
You mean nostalgia

Just gonna play Bowser's Minions from the new version and play the original in a injected GBA CIA

>it looks bad but i'm still going to pay money for it, maybe they'll make one that's not bad
That's not how it works. Pay for garbage, you'll keep getting garbage. Put your wallets away and demand something better, that's how people are getting their 2 new Metroid games.

i just hate how there's no outlines on the newer stuff
it looks awful

>You mean nostalgia
No, I mean charm, you dumb 12-year-old
The designs are very off-color compared to the normal Mario series and that's charming.

No, he means charm, shill. Making it more "SMB3/SMW" styled is for the sake of nostalgia.

Not at all, I'm not autistic and get worked up over the fact that Koopas stand on two legs.

not him but enemies in m&l have only really been off model in superstar saga. ever since partners in time they've been using the regular design for enemies while also creating brand new enemies. as long as this remake fixes tutorials and cranks up the difficulty then it'll be fine.

makes me sad this is not 4 the switch

Making the game into a series was a mistake.

shut the fuck up you stupid ugly bitch, never reply to me again!

Whatever anons, find nostalgia in a dictionary if you like, I just hope you can take those glasses off someday

As long as the remake plays the same, I'm fine with it. If they load it up with bullshit like Dream Team and Paper Jam, I'll be mad.

LEAK WHEN SO WE CAN GET THE REMIXED MUSIC

Not an argument. The first M&L is the only good one.

So you disagree that the art is different?

every single entry has it's flaws but they're all good

except paper jam

I hope miyamoto fucking dies

Nothing because I think they look generally better, especially the shy guy.

even paper jam!

the little bean monster guy looks good. everything else is worse than the original

No they aren't, they're boring.

no they aren't

>remake changes how the game looks
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE, YOU MEAN THEY REMADE IT FOR THE REMAKE? WHAT THE FUCK!?

explain

why?!

It was fun how the character talk to himself only paper, ha!

I never played the original superstar saga but I like those old sprites more than the boring new ones, what does that make me?

a guy who hasn't played the original and likes the old ones more?

>literally presenting his asshole
>not a faggot

This a billion times.

Lakitu is a great example of how cartoony the game looked before and I loved it

new ones look lazy and generic as fuck, but it doesn't really matter.

>autists getting BTFO by a fucking tripfag
these are dark times

It's because Paper Mario stole their outlines

this desu, i'm just gonna skip on it. not even worth pirating :/

None.

Put your trip back on

Not at all. Day 1 buy for the 3DS version.

there is nothing inherently wrong with tripfags

Bean Guy: Looks better in the remake, more expressive and better coloring.

Bullet Bill: Looks better in the remake, except for the face. More expressive in SSS.

Goomba: Better in the remake, but it's just a goomba, it's fine.

Hoohooros: About equal, slight edge to the remake for better graphics.

Bob-omb: Better in the remake, the original looks too fat.

Hammer Bro: Better in the original, looks more expressive and has a more unique sprite.

Twig Koopa: Better in original, due to unique sprite

Shy Guy: About the same

Mustache Tree: About the same, but edge to remake

Boo: Better in original for better expression

Vine Lakitu: Better in original for better sprite

Score: 8-5, remake wins.

Not that this even matters. What kind of autist actually cares about the sprites being slightly different? The game will be good either way, jesus.

le they're ruining my childhood faggots BTFO

Right
Left
Left
Tie
Left
Left
Left
Left
Right
Left
Left

Only the new Troopeas and Lakipeas truly bother me, because I always thought of them as evolutionarily convergent counterparts like how the Beanie is supposed to be the Beanbean equivalent to a Goomba but obviously not a type of Goomba.

The members of Bowser's army slightly disappoint me because I loved the extremely cartoonish faces in SSS, but that's really the only game in the series that looked like that so it's not like we're trampling on a series tradition here.

The others, the original enemies, are a complete non-issue. Their designs haven't been touched at all, just redrawn in the new outline-less style.

Final verdict: who cares, I just want to hear the music without SFX or commentary already

Quite a bit actually.
Left: Unique designs with actual personality and character
Right: Miyamoto autistically screeching against originality and Sticker Starifying /NSMBifying a game with personality and character

What am I supposed to be upset about here?

>Miyamoto
I bet you're the kind of person who was spouting doomsday about all original characters being removed and replaced with Toads before we saw footage of the game.

Yup. Original is one of my favorite games, it just means i'll probably stick with that version.

Sounds like ribbing.

3DS Mario and Luigi games seem to lack some originality. Everything looks the same as any other regular Mario game, all recycled shit

Only a few characters that we've seen fall victim to this. Most look pretty much the same or are actually drawn better.

dream team is original

>who cares, I just want to hear the music without SFX or commentary already
This.
youtu.be/4SYLQl98orI

>he didn't play Dream Team

>3DS Mario and Luigi games seem to lack some originality.

Not Dream Team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the games are not original or even bad, I loved Dream Team too, but something about their art style looks odd to me. I don't really know what

Dream Team has a ton of originality.

I can live. The bean bean fauna looks good at least.

it's acceptable

I agree with the name. They should hace sticked with a simpler, shorter name.

What continuity nods do you think they might add into the remake? They've already retconned the Elite Trio's presence into the Beanbean Kingdom via the Bowser's Minions game. Maybe a post-credits scene of Fawful crawling away after his last fight swearing revenge? PiT technically took place in the past so maybe they could do something with that too.

I just want a postgame fight with Prince Peasley.

I prefer the thick outlines but that's about it

I think the only things they'll do is retcon Fawful's death (make it clear he survived the explosion or whatever) and maybe have E. Gadd muse about time travel, setting up PIT.
Other than that, I don't see too many call-forwards unless Bowser ends up as the bonus boss and uses his powers from later games.

Nintendo is 100% in the right to homogenize all of their designs from a business standpoint. It is objectively better to have your products be instantly recognizable no matter what portion of them ends up being seen.

Doesn't bother me as long as it's 60fps.

Holy shit, that's the guy from Paper Mario on Wii. That's awesome.

No, that's clearly the dude from Kirby.
Please tell me you weren't being serious

Why did they put Waluigi in a Kirby game?

it bothers me that all the style this series started with is tossed out the window

imagine how shit fun designs like this will look now

not even worth a play, when the original isn't even that old and will play identically

So are they going to just replace Tanoombas with Big Tail Goombas? I will be so pissed, I love Tanoombas.

>THEY LOST THE STYLE THERE'S NO SOUL NO CHARM
>the GBA magikoopa literally looks no different than the standard "nu" style magikoopa

Exactly this. Same reason why I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over the Evangelion Rebuild movies. Yeah they're different and the plot kinda went off the rails in the third one, but even if you hate them the movies aren't replacing the original series or affecting it in any way.

Idk sniper bills might be mouthless now I guess.
And Magikoopas will be blue instead of purple.

You chose bad examples.

Depends on if they'll let the size slide or not.

I don't see the problem with the fuzzbush.

What's the problem here?

they're trying to identify themselves for no reason
imagine an office meeting where one guy shows up with a clown suit

Wouldn't a better analogy be if one guy showed up with a blatant name tag?

Why do koopas look like such fucking nerds now?

No wonder the enemy designs were off, this was the Sunshine era.

They removed all uniqueness and made it the most bland, corporate shit designs ever, so I'm disappointed that Nintendo, once again, has to ruin something that I loved. I'll bet it was the fucking out-of-touch George Lucas motherfucker Shigeru that did this.

M&L has had roughly the same artstyle since Dream Team and since they're still reusing assets from Dream Team they had to change some of the enemies to match Dream Team's artstyle. It's also pretty obvious that the Hammer Bros. and Bullet Bill sprites are reused ones rather than faithful recreations of the original Superstar Saga.

nametags are still acceptable in office scenarios
having one on Sup Forums leads to a 50-50 chance of shitflinging based on your trip

a better analogy would be showing up to an event wearing a nazi armband
sure people could ignore it, but someone is gonna call you out for being an asshole

Another thing to consider, as I mentioned two-three posts ago, this was released around the time Sunshine was a thing and Sunshine had some really weird designs (the Bills and Time-Bob-Ombs are definitely based on the Sunshine version). These probably didn't stick out as much as they would now.

>Bullet Bill sprites are reused ones
Bullet Bills aren't enemies in Dream Team or Paper Jam.