Shit That Ruined Its Respective Game Thread(TM)

Shit That Ruined Its Respective Game Thread(TM)

Literally an MH fight plus it's optional, GG senpai.

optional fights can't ruin anything

The orphanage

>Optional boss in optional DLC
>ruins the game

You can invalidate FF8 entirely within the first hour of the game, don't you think that's a bigger problem?

Why are Soulsbabbbies so casual?

what do you mean?

That didn't ruin it for me

Junction system is straight busted because item refining allows you to get late game magics early. Also overdrives are busted.

This one fucking wrecked me, but I figured out a strategy that worked decently and didn't involve poison knives. Bait his three hit combo, dodge to the left of him on the last hit, strike once and dodge away, and repeat. When he powers up once he mixes it up sometimes with this pounding attack on the ground that has a bit more windup and can fuck you up though. Besides that once I got him to below half health I popped some ash and used my pistol to wittle him down and then finished him off with the last few boolits I had.

Yeah, if you know what you're doing you can get some characters' final weapons in disc 1, junctioning all their stats with top tier magic and not having them to grind a single level, making your entire party overpowered.

> a single poison knife will start his health dropping
> run around the arena until it stops ticking
> throw another
> repeat until dead

Or alternatively you could just learn the fucking fight and do him properally. It's not all that to learn his attacks. The "gimmick" of the fight is that he automatically does an attack if you heal, without fail pressing triangle will make him attack. So don't heal in range of him, and learn how to abuse this by setting him up to get punished.

This doesn't ruin the game for the uninitiated you faggot prick

Don't forget the stupid overdrive system, too. It's probably one of the worst comeback mechanics in the history of video games.

Borderlands 2's loot systen

git gud faggot

By that logic Morrowind is invalidated because you can become so overpowered you can literally crash the game within 15 minutes of starting if you know what you're doing.

>tfw it only took me three tries
Nigga, all you have to do is time your hits and keep your distance.

What's the difference?

>that
>not Cursed Loran Darkbeast
The literal reason why I am never, ever bothering with Bloodborne's shitty chalices ever again. That and the grind, obviously.

>scroll thread
>no the most obvious one
Come the fuck on faggots.

>four kings
>there are infinite kings

>SL1 four kings
>always open the fight with throwing homing missiles at me
>allahu akbar four times in a row afterwards
>insta die when getting touched by the fucking pommel of their swords
>literally retry 50 times
>always die after the boss reached almost the end of the complete healthbar

This is what I get for always just going into this boss with full havel gear on my other runs. It's so much harder if you just have to deal with their attacks by evading and the random fucking RNG of their moves

bed of chaos was far worse

>bed of chaos
>worse
at least it has a bit of creativity and challenge behind it, and can be killed with whatever. But 4king is a retarded DPS race, which is something that really shouldn't be in a souls game which is based around 80% skill and maybe 20% equipment, although it can technically be 100% skill. Maybe it's not the worst boss in the series, but is definitely the worst of DaS1.

4king is actually worse than Bed of Chaos because at least Bed of Chaos isn't 100% luck based.

*story

>at least Bed of Chaos isn't 100% luck based

>Game supposedly rewards you for being cautious, and taking your time to examine/understand the enemies attacks
>lol you waited too long bro, now there's 4 of them fucking your shit up.

Feministic bullshit

>getting the itch to play dark souls again
>remember that one "boss"

Chalice Park with a water filled room with the edges cut off.

Abhorrent beast is BABY.

But there is no way for someone who plays the game for the first time to know what to do to get these overpowered stuff, unless you look it up online/in a guide. If you did that, that's your fault not the game's. If anything, I think it's pretty cool.
Don't get me wrong, FF8 is broken but nog for the reason you gave.

I couldn't imagine Sup Forums's that bad at video games. Four Kings are like the easiest shit in the whole second part of the game, which is already painfully easy.

literally the best fight in the game
all of the intensity of a beast fight without the camera issues that result from beasts being too big for the screen
pro tip: the secret is to stay on top of him. Hardest part of the fight is to break through his attacks to get close enough to attack him. Once you're on his ass stay on his ass and dodge around him

*gameplay

>"Hey, Miyazaki-san-kun-senpai-tachi. How should we design this next boss arena?"
>"Just don't texture anything. wwwwww"
>"What about the boss itself?"
>"Same retarded AI as anything else in the game. Oh, and only give them, like, three attacks."
>"Won't that be too easy?"
>"Copy and paste the boss a couple times. Oh, and write this idea down for the sequels. Namco-san called."

it's not the only bad thing about it, it's also a horrible (which is an understatement) design of the boss as a whole. The actual worst thing about it is how mind-numbingly boring it is.

I did both DLCs for the first time on NG+2

Midir is the only boss in the series that I've ever had to respec to beat, ended up dumping enough points into INT to grab pestilent mercury, then used that with the astora greatsword rolling attack on his head to finally kill him.

He just has so much fucking health.

Gael was actually pretty easy in comparison, I had more trouble with Twin Princes than I did him. Hollowslayer wrecks his shit, the only kind of annoying part is how in his final phase the only guaranteed openings are when he's dragging his sword out of the ground and using the crossbow.

I beat demon prince my first try just by standing underneath him and mashing r1 with a straight sword, if anything Midir should donate some of his colossal goddamn health pool to them

4 kings are very doable at SL1, beating them at that level is literally required in order to be a level 1 dickwraith.

At SL1 there's no excuse for not using pyromancy, equip the bellowing dragoncrest ring (if you are married to a FAP ring it's acceptable too but makes it harder), apply Power Within, the highest poise armor you can, an elemental weapon, and Great Combustion.

You can poise through their swings and just chug through their damage even at SL1. Rolling isn't even worth it, just use the Crest shield and block the magic attack while sprinting straight at them. Once in arms reach their swords do almost no damage because they hit with the hilt and not the blade

4cucks should've been cut out of the game completely. As well as their shitty area and all those scarce bits of "lore" related to them.

>4cucks
>not The Bed of Chaos

Bed of Chaos is an important bit of the game's Lore and one of the fucking Lords for fucks' sake, you fagger.

Fuck off, bed of chaos is the worst boss in the whole series and should be deleted.
And the area is shit too.

STOP
HAVING
FUN

The area is shit no shit (jej) but bed of chaos, while is pretty badly done, still plays one of the most major roles in the main story.

But four kings have a lord soul shard too

So that's not exactly a great reason to keep BoC

>four kings have a lord soul shard too
That was a major oversight in the storyline. Well, the game was badly rushed anyway.

BoC had a great impact on the story (Old Chaos, Lost Sinner etc) while 4cucks went straight into trash from the game's Lore.

There's literally more than half of the game's content that is clearly worse than Midir.