Thoughts on stormblood so far?

Thoughts on stormblood so far?

Scholar is terrible AND unfun now because square is retarded.

grow up

Story is shit, gameplay is fun
>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW WHY MY HEALER CLASS DOESN'T HAS X10 DPS SPELLS COMPARED TO THE HEALING ONES ANYMORE
Fuck off, retard

Is DRK shit or something? I haven't seen a single DRK tank past like level 61, they're all WARs and PLDs

They got hit hard in some spots, and technically have less mitigation than the other two. Some of the new toys are fun though, feel tacked on like how PLDs gauge is tacked on though.

No idea maybe the edgelords all switched to sam?

WAR is shit, but DRK is painfully dull until 70. Probably a lot of edgelords swapping to SAM too.

PLD is pretty much god tier atm.

>"have I found her?"
>"the purest of waifus?"

Predict the next batch of buffs/nerfs

>hmmmmm the tam-tara HM quest from a year ago is still taking up space in the journal
>let's turn it in
>mfw the cutscene
i wasn't planning to sleep tonight anyway

sam isn't edgy at all
weeaboo edgelords are more likely to play nin

>sam somehow buffed
>monk removed from game
>drg ignored completely
>sch more nerfs

>but DRK is painfully dull until 70
Can you elaborate? I was considering leveling up my DRK as my second 70 since DPS queues are just so silly at the moment. I don't want to spend 15ish hours leveling a class to 70 thats just the next 3.0 PLD

Stuff I can see:

>SMN Devotion buff
>SCH Excogitation modified (such as taking away it's aetherflow cost)
>WHM lillies tweaked again
>Esuna removed from cross role and healers are given their personal cleanse back

I'd also like SCH's Miasma to last 30s too because it's infuriating to not have Miasma and Bio synced up for SCH but they are for SMN

It's been good, but I'm starting to get bored.

DRK is simple but fun.

Which job has the worst, most whiny playerbase?

Hopefully a fucking buff for MCH. Jesus christ poor gundudes, I didn't think it'd be this bad.

Basically you just mash one combo until you hit 70 and get more shit to do.

They're both pretty edgy though

they're horrendous at 60, but steadily improve until they're fun again at 70

>Mol
>Pure

fuck off retard.

Another day with another ffxiv thread.
everyday all it does is talk about what is cucked and what to cuck.
So what cuckery things shall we repeat again today my fellow cuckers?

probably SCH. This is coming from a SCH

ACN Jobs

Summoner, by a country mile

SCH, hands fucking down. They would lie about "baww all healers are ruined all classes are dumbed down" when they're the only ones in the cuckshed and everyone else is happy with theirs.

Summoner

Grow up

>Story is shit, gameplay is fun
it's the opposite

have you lvled the new jobs yet!?

Hey I was only quoting Magnai

can you stop fucking posting this retarded thread? This game is fucking garbage and there is already a /vg/ thread you can whine to

>Pick up SAM
>Pretty boring, nothing special besides fairly beefy deeps with minimal effort
>Hit 62
Hot diggity god damn.

The squad of people you got to hang with this expac was nowhere near as good as the HW squad. Lyse is insufferable, every time she opens her mouth it's some naive horseshit. The fact that she for some reason led the people to the crowd below at the end infuriated me, she was nowhere near Zenos both during the fight in the castle and the fight afterwards. She couldn't even stop him from killing himself! She contributed almost nothing to the cause she preached to fucking everyone about while the WoL did all the heavy lifting. Estinien got way more done and he showed his face a grand total of 3 times this expac. Spoilers for the MSQ.

why havent you?

The rotation's been gutted, and the job as a whole is really dry on mechanics until 70, at which point it becomes almost an entirely new class.

Someone should toss this faggot off the top of their giant salad bowl.

You seem upset friend. Are you having trouble with susano?

>The two edgelord chieftains didn't get together in the end
I swear to God if they aren't breeding like rabbits by patch 3.3 I'm gonna be mad.

>hnggg stop talking about videogames reeee where's my LOL threads and >she threads

When's the raid and new tomes coming out? I hit 314 tonight with SAM and want stuff to do.

:^)

They got their 60 kit utterly gutted. At level 60 they're quite literally a level 50 PLD.

explain why cant we go here

I went through the story and geared a Samurai

I agree that this should end eventually. These threads were so much better when there were only 2-3 a week.

I feel like Lyse's arc would've been more effective if we'd been introduced to and gone more in depth with more Resistance characters besides M'naago before the expansion. Like Ysayle was a good character in HW because we'd been interacting with her and learning her deal for a couple patches beforehand.

Conrad and Guy What Fordola Kills are complete non-entities so it's hard to care about them and therefore sympathize with Lyse.

As a tank I've come to dislike when I see a SCH in a dungeon. In most cases I cannot do large pulls because they just cannot heal me enough, while I can pull the entire last room in the 69 dungeon with an AST no problem.

Fuck you, I remembered Meffrid from ARR msq

July 4th I think

calm down buddy its just video games

Lyse was fine during the Doma stuff, but then you get to Ala Mhigo again and she STILL behaves like a retard instead of putting her big girl pants on after watching Hien go pure alpha.

Gotetsu, Hien and Yugiri were the dream team. I fucking loved the scene where you get drunk with them before the big fight.

Content model from HW except easier.
Story model from HW except not as interesting.
Instances are really good and high budget however.

Meme bars were a mistake. RDM is the only job where they make some sense.
Not being able to see your co-healer's buffs is shit.
RDM and SAM were designed specifically for SB and it shows because the rest of the jobs were gutted in leveling and only work well at 70 with rare exceptions of jobs like BRD that got a good redesign and WHM which basically didn't get any important shit other than Thin Air which doesn't meaningfully alter how you play it.
Almost everything people called about job balance from looking at tooltips came true with some little exceptions here and there.

Crafting being far easier than in HW is sort of a good thing but new actions are just way too strong.

Overall the expansion so far feels kinda halfassed, they did really great in some aspects and phoned in others.

I remember not too long ago SCHs would laugh at WHM for being irrelevant and call WHM whiney entitled babies that need to stay in the cuckshed and stop complaining about debuffs

and now they are the entitled ones doing all the bitching and whining now because their class was the only healer to get debuffed

truth is, once people are geared again, big heals won't be necessary anymore and SCH will go back to being better than WHM and SCHfags will go back to calling WHM entitled shed dwellers who need to stop complaining

t. astrobull

>Lost Canals of Uzair
wot's dat

>spend 3 minutes building up fairy gauge
>uh oh I need dissipation
>fairy gauge disappears and all that meter built up is gone

quality balance changes

Is Mateus still dead? These queues have been killing me?

I would actually say the explorable area is more this even. You notably only explore a tiny segment of the Azim Steppe, and you don't go past doma castle.

xaela don't work like that

new Aquapolis is what i hear

You're not wrong, I had done the DRG job stuff up to 50 so I had also been introduced to Estinien. The Yda is actually Lyse "twist" came out of nowhere. It wouldn't have been bad if she wasn't such a non character for both ARR and HW. I think the devs banked way too hard on her being a waifubait character, in the way that I'm supposed to care and like her because she's a cute anime girl.
It didn't work.

mildly less dead but still pretty dead. If there's a queue it's one of those fake 1-person ones

>RDM is so easy it's completely boring
>SMN feels too weird to pick back up
>BRD is fun but I really prefer MCH, which is beyond shafted

I'm not too into playing melee classes, but what are the melee dps like? I played them before in the past, but I haven't tried them since the expansion. Any I should consider?

It's gonna happen. I hope we get a Quest like the Warrior Job Quests from 60-70 except with Sadu and our brother most radiant.

Nastrond is garbage. You can spam it at best 3 times if BOTD is upped to 30 before you proc it but it takes upwards of 90 seconds to reach it. Standard mobs will die by the time you reach Nastrond so you have to rush over to the next pack of mobs to make any use of it, bosses typically will have moments of invulnerability or moments when you have to move away and are no longer able to fit it in.It's 320 fucking potency and SAM gets a 400 potency attack within a basic bitch 3 rotation.

I'm generally fine with everything else done to DRG but Nastrond is a shitty final ability. I'm just going to work up RDM and SAM and see bout switching over.

Lyse is a spoiled suburban white girl playing at social activist manifest. It was akin to HW with how the non-scions were the best. Thancred was pretty good for as rare as he showed up and Alisae is good. Nobody likes Lyse. I'd fuck her but nobody likes her. Gosetsu was fantastic, Yugiri is boring but okay, Hien was Aymeric all over again in being a handsome fantastic leader though as much as Aymeric was more handsome Hien seemed to have more personality.

Dream team for me is Gosetsu, Hien, Yugiri, Aymeric, Estinien, Alisae.

Well he was considering dicking the Mol girl.

I love how at the end of the day, he was basically
>tfw no gf

That was one of two things she did that made me roll my eyes. The other one was talking down Fordola's skill as a fighter when she got dusted off in the first match and couldn't even touch her. Only Alisae had the right to claim something was funky because by all means, Fordola should know nothing of Red Magic and Fencing.

I know they won't, but I really hope they delve into the fact that without the WoL the rebellion would have gotten fucked harder than Doma because Zenos was carrying a nuke in the form of a PRIMAL. Not just any primal, but _Shinryu_ which he then TEMPERED. The implications of that shit are huge and I really hope they go into what it could mean.

They won't but I can dream

>18th for savage and tomes
Well, I become unemployed on 21st so I guess that works out.

They will one-off dungeon like Xephatol, please look forward too it.

NIN and SAM are fun as fuck

DRG is clunky and not nearly as fun as it once was

no one cares about MNK

how do i eternal bond a npc?

If you want to play a melee class then lvl PLD friendo

What if The Burn is the area that Cid and Nero were in with the huge hole in the ground.

We see more of the steppe than that. Part of the South western edge turns into desert, and the invisible wall there expands into a massive desert.

>some interview recently said SE need atleast 2 more expansion to finish the entire main story.
>but there's so many areas left undone to consider it to be 2 expansions.
I hope the reason why they are only installing 1 dungeon per odd for this. I want more explorer able map than dungeons

I think every character regarding the Ala Mhigo stuff was unremarkable. I know we joked about Doma taking the spotlight but that's quite literally what happened.

When fucking M'Naago is the best character in your shitty little arc you know you have a problem.

What is everyone doing from lev 66 to 67 to level up?

Those 3 were way more likable than the Ala Mhigo gang. They actually took the time to introduce them and flesh them out as characters while the Ala Mhigo gang got jackshit for the 1-2 levels you're there before you fuck off to Doma. Then you return and the one character they sort of fleshed out dies almost immediately, leaving you with a faceless mob of resistance fighters, Lyse and the brown cat girl.

But that's a man

Didn't he also say that Sadu could be his dusk waifu but she was like nah fuck off and he got all pissed

>RDM is the only job
And SAM and BRD. And to a certain extent, AST, not because the gauge did a spectacular job at communicating the information, but because that's the only way to keep all FOUR of its buffs in one place instead of scattered around an unordered bar.

isn't that in the Fringes

>doing EX primals
>all these fucking intermissions and FUCK YOU YOU AIN'T DOING SHIT MECHANIC (Susan's gaol)

Feels bad for DRG.

No /vg/ but I just phantasia yesterday into a female highlander and why are armors ten times more beautiful on females ?
Also, why are people nicer with you even though they obviously know you're a male ? (especially when you play a highlander)

Cid and Nero were somewhere in Gyr Abania. It doesn't make sense that Omega would fly all the way out to Orthard.

that's in Eorzea

No one likes Ala Mhigo, not even Ala Mhigans like Ala Mhigo.

The Lochs needs more love.

You can straight up walk to the hole, it's in the Fringes.

The 70 skill is like a sheltron that gives you access to 3 really great moves more than once a minute. Its great but hard to manage since the mp cost is high. Grit syphon makes it easier to keep up though. I feel like it might be the strongest tank stance tank since with good blackest night use age you can lob out da'd blood spillers all the time.

WAS a man. there's a difference

>I want more autorun maps with nothing in them
But why?

The BoTD skill will bring you back up to 15 seconds. It's touchy and really annoying but it works.

The Lochs is a wonderful area, I like the diving tunnels a lot.

>Midare Setsugekka does almost as much damage as a Level 2 LB when it crits

I'm pretty sure PLD still out-damages it in Shield Oath