STEAM SALE THREAD

GET IN HERE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10670353/r
steamcommunity.com/id/sickshady/wishlist
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If anyone wants to trade, I have pic related (+Amnesia/The Ship/Contraption Maker Steam Gifts) and want any game I don't have yet.

steamcommunity com id johanfaas

Still looking for the user in a previous thread that wanted The Darkness 2, Amnesia and Killing Floor for Superhot and Undertale, add me if you still want to trade.

Is red orchestra 2/RS still played?
I have fond memories of that game

Have you guys started playing your games yet? Got any buyer's remorse? Any hidden gems?
This shit was like only 5€ but it's actually pretty fun.

Any final opinions on my cart before I pull the trigger?
Yes I know a some of this is just cheap junk, but they're cheap and look interesting enough
Any stuff I really should dodge, or add?

plisu advise
borderlands is for tthe fun mindless shooting

Kingdoms is like a offline wow, interesting but got boring after a few hours.

Unbox is a cool 3D platformer.
Wuppo is a cool experience in general.
Defunct is a neat open world sonic clone.
Mark of the ninja is dirt cheap.
Ground zeroes for those who haven't tried it or mgs5 yet.

Why all the indie shit?

drop bordlands 1 get 2

Looks great to me
Really liked DSHR, and I hear good things about everything else in there

There's no reason to get the first borderlands. Just get 2. The goty edition is less than $10.

Borderlands is only fun if you have a group to play it. Otherwise the novelty rapidly wears off and the mediocrity shines through.

>playing games
I literally buy games every sale and have never played single one of them.
I don't know why, I guess I'm retarded.

Remove all the dlc.

I'd remove shadowrun and max payne, plenty of hours in that cart already.

There's a 50/50 chance you may not actually like Dragon's Dogma at all. The game's flaws WILL get at you at some point.

bought pic related + left 4 dead 1 and 2 so far

Still looking for hidden gem(s) that I get for under $4. Needs to be able to run on a toaster.

Notes: I have nearly 800 games on a nine year old account that I can't play due to firing my rig. Also have most good bundles from over the years. I remember when every Humble was exciting.

On an unrelated note: Any Silent Hill fans? I need that image of Harry holding a mug that says "#1 Dad", please.

Posting this on here for new people:

Mafia 3 is $15. I'd recommend it. It's buggy and kind of silly, but the story has been decent so far, and the gunplay is actually great. Just like Mafia 2, the shotguns are the shit, and they animate especially well for shotguns alone.

Bought Broforce and Door Kickers
How hard did I fucked up?
Also, tell me some Sup Forums reccomended cheap games please

Why do I still buy games when I don't play them anymore?

Dunno, I have most other stuff that interests me, all that remains are neat indies that I've passed on until now

>remove all the DLC
Done, I really should play more 100% OJ and start half minute hero before getting DLC for them

>Realize this 2 sales after starting to use Steam
>Stop buying games
>Actually start playing the ones I bought
Woaaaaaaah....

If you buy Torchlight or Torchlight 2, make sure they actually run on your computer. I can't get the fucking games to start. They crash on launch.

I really don't recommend buying the directors cut of DXHR. It introduces bugs, looks worse and forces you to play the awful DLC. You should buy the original version from a keystore instead, can't do it in steam directly anymore sadly.

Maybe for the same reason I do: I enjoy the killer deals and trading around a lot.

I don't think I've beaten a game in three years.

reposting my cart here

>clannad
>literally who
what

though I can agree with planescape being pricey; I've just wanted to pick it up for a while now
farenheit is 2 bucks and reviews seemed decent, so I figured why not
is ZTD really that bad? I saw a fair amount of reviews saying it was the weakest of the three, but nothing more

You can refund any steam game if you've played less than 2 hours.

>You can refund any steam game if you've played less than 2 hours.

Yeah, within the first 14 days. That's what I meant. Test them and don't sit on them until it's too late.

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds. Not sure if it's been in a bundle yet. It probably was since it's dirt cheap.

pls respond

How many hours have you played?
The intro is high tier but after 3-4 hours the tedium starts with repetitive missions.

didn't have any issues with torchlight 2 so far

Looks all right but beat em ups and weebshit aren't really my kind of things.

>2
But I thought it has terrible Burch writing and linear scaling (which I really hate) with more bullet sponge enemies.
Explain removing Shadowrun and Payne for having plenty of hours already. I don't usually buy games ever, I thought these would keep me on hold for a few years.
Plus, I was planning on putting Shadowrun and Payne on my laptop for less taxing gaming on the go.
Fack. I assume there're unofficial patches though?
I'll take my chances.
>tfw no /fit/ volleyball gf
I'd feel terrible if I replied to everyone but (You), so thanks!

>is ZTD really that bad? I saw a fair amount of reviews saying it was the weakest of the three, but nothing more
ZTD does to the franchise what the second half of Farenheit does to the first half of the game.

For dirt cheap you can get metal gear rising, mark of the ninja, xcom enemy unknown and ground zeroes if you're a madman.

ZTD isn't as bad as that previous user was saying, but it really is the weakest of the 3, and a very shitty ending to the cliffhanger the 2nd game had
I'd definitely recommend the Nonary Games, but maybe buy and play that one first before you commit to buying ZTD as well

I actually didnt know about the 14 day limit. Good to know.

on borderlands 2:

It just does everything BL1 does better. The first game honestly wasn't even that good when it came out. It's a pretty bland world that has potential, and some of that potential is realized in 2.

That's gonna severely limit your non-bundle toaster friendly options.

>browse games
>find something new and cool looking
>oh it's just 500 mb
>pirate it and try
>it's meh
Saving myself and steam time not having to refund.

Already have mark of the ninja, xcom enemy unknown (and the expansion) and ground zeroes.
Is MG Rising worth?

DXHR Director's Cut is a mixed bag, but not completely bad
It fixes up the boss fights by giving you multiple ways of tackling them, including options for stealth oriented runs to not get shredded

Also BL2 may have cringy writing, but I never got into the first game and enjoyed the second game

>buying Singleplayer: The MMO
Only reason to ever buy it was for the ME DLC armor.

>Fack. I assume there're unofficial patches though?
Nope, nothing like that sadly. An original DXHR key is only like $2 though

Will you gift me games?

Should I?

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Really good amount of replay value for such a relatively short game.
Writing aside it's a direct upgrade in my opinion. I'd say no real reason not to get 1 over 2.

>Is MG Rising worth?
Every bit.

>It fixes up the boss fights by giving you multiple ways of tackling them, including options for stealth oriented runs to not get shredded
Yeah that's the only positive aspect of the DC. Not worth it in my view though, I just use two typhoons with every boss instead and they're done for.

As someone who played the original and director's cut, I prefer the original simply because of the piss filter. Funny too because I remember hating the piss filter when I first played. It just feels wrong without it.

Yeah but can't help my tastes user.

I'll keep that in mind if I ever get the itch to replay it
I do agree that the missing link sucks, and being forced to play through it completely breaks the flow of the game

Pretty fun but ugly as fuck characters. Worth it though.

From the last thread.

What is wrong with these games? Are they worth playing? Which is the best for newcomers?

Couldn't you turn it back on in the DC? Swear I saw the option.

12 hours and I'm still enjoying it.

All of those games require it's DLC to be good.

About 60% of the content in those games is locked out by hundreds of dollars of dlc

Buy CK II base game if moralfag, and then pirate all the DLC.

How do you keep it fun?
It got a patch lately too, right?

What are some good arcade style racers?

How is the Syberia series?
Anything I should avoid?

Tell me which ones i shouldn't buy and why

You guys are exaggerating.

Sanic.

Its not an exaggeration at all. The good news is that you can buy the base games on Steam and pirate all the DLC.

The games below hollow knight. They are hot trash.

Started Princess Maker. Sunk quite a few hours into it, though the combat is godawful. Glad I bought it though since life managers are one of my favorite game types. I always do exploring on mute to silence that annoying screaming. And the translation is really weird. Took me almost a year of game time to realize "Morale" is "Moral." Those are very different things. I'll probably play it once - maybe twice to turn my daughter into a prostitute, but then move onto 2. May even try my hand at making one if my art ever improves. What would be the best engine to use? Part of me thinks RPG maker would be great for making a Princess Maker clone.

>tfw none of the games on wishlist under €10
m-maybe for the winter sale then

go to your appdata/roaming folder and delete the runic games folder

DO NOT BUY ANY PARADOX GAMES / DLC THIS SALE

>DO NOT BUY ANY PARADOX GAMES / DLC THIS SALE

It got a handful of free updates through its first year, including car customization and racing. Honestly, it's your typical open world third person shooter, but I enjoy the setting, the music and the combat; it's brutal and shooting feels good.

The meat of the gameplay is you taking over the town and handing it over to underbosses for upgrades and boosts. There's a pretty good collection of guns as well.

Downwell is better as a mobile game because it doesn't have much content

Black Mesa is still in development, no Xen yet. Otherwise its solid apart from ragdolls bugging the fuck out every now and then

dead rising has really annoying time limits that ruined it for me

Dead Cells and Hollow Knight are both solid. Downwell is fun but has been cheaper I think. Saints Row 3 is very hit or miss. Get 2 instead

What games from 15 bucks and under do you guys recomend?

Don't know bout Broforce but Door Kickers is p fun

Thinking of these
>salt & sanc
>house of dying sun
>subnautica
>the forest
>far cry primal
>signal from tölva
>everspace
>elite dangerous
>one piece pw3
>naruto game 3 or 4
cod infinite warfare

AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR
Y/N?

BallisticNG
GRIP
Sonic All Star Transformed
Trackmania
Redout
Distance
Formula Fusion
Burnout Paradise

Are these games worth playing? Which is the best one? Are they different enough to bother playing the lesser ones?

House of the Dying Sun is really short. like, REALLY short. It's pretty as hell and the fundamentals of the game are good, but there's just no content. it's maybe an hour long.

Salt & Sanctuary and The Forest are both fun. The Forest gets better with every update.

AoE2 is great, absolutely classic RTS. AoM is good, interesting modification of the AoE2 concepts but a lot more broken unfortunately. AoE3 looks nice but the gameplay drives off a cliff with the entire RTS genre locked screaming in the trunk.

Just play euro truck sim 2, you hipster.

2nd HD, baby.

i literally cant find anything good at this sale

ZTD is good enough. In reality, the majority of Sup Forums liked the game, but now only the people who hated the game bother talking about it, so it's shittalked all the time.

strawpoll.me/10670353/r
Poll from a week after release.

a-anyone? ill be your friend. n-no? o-ok.
steamcommunity.com/id/sickshady/wishlist

Sent ;)

Should I just get the Shadow Run and wait for Sunless Sea and Diluvion to go on sale? When I added the first two I thought it was a great deal but then I saw my pricetag.

That price just seems way too high.

As a seasoned player who enjoy HOI 2, I don't think that the Paradox Plaza CEO is right with his DLC business model. Milking popular games with DLCs which will cost games 20x more than the baseline is only working for hardcore fans. That's not how to grow business with more than 200 employees which depend on the DLC incomes. As for myself, I think I will drop the idea to purchase EU IV with such as insane total cost.

It's just not the same without flash and daily sales.

>75% of the games on Sup Forums user's steam buy lists are 2D games that look like something from a gameboy color

PC gaming in 2017 everyone.

t-thanks got it

Only thing I know is you should get Shadowrun.

Shadow Warrior came and went within a week and nobody has spoken a word about it since.

Judging by that, it's a complete ass game?

Reminder to report all begfags to give them a 7 day ban.

>no money
>79 games owned
>111 dlc owned
Who are you trying to fool?