Can we have a subnautica thread? The game's story is almost finished...

Can we have a subnautica thread? The game's story is almost finished, the only thing it really lacks is you escaping the planet

The game is comfy, and while cartony it is scary.

Other urls found in this thread:

everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/
youtu.be/r5pR5ktDwts?t=124
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Where are the guns mister sandy hook?

> play after the new patch
> Warpers teleport you out of your vehicle and deal 60 dmg
> No cooldown on this bullshit
> Die like a little bitch

If they're planning to make these fucks stronger, at least give me a tool to defend myself.

There is a in universe lore reason for no guns. Beside, you are a scientist. And who the fuck cares about not having guns?

Has that faggot added in a speargun yet?

> "weapons were removed from standard fabricator blueprints following the massacre on obraxis prime"

Fucking Liberals...

>Not grinding everything to death with the PRAWN Drill

>Beside, you are a scientist. And who the fuck cares about not having guns?

Women and yuropeans. Guns are kinda vital, you just don't realize it cause you spend all your time indoors.

>Pilot Cyclops down to Lava Zone
>Run out of power
>Whenever I die, I respawn aboard the Cyclops

What do?

>no harpoon gun
pls.

I won't play it until they release the rockpuncher.

I like guns but in Subnautica i don't really feel that i really would want to have them. Perhaps one gun for self defense would make sense but i am getting tired of not being able to discuss the game without it winding down to the damn lack of weapons.

Lure a predator to the cyclops and wait for it to get destroyed. If that doesn't work, then type a console command to teleport to surface.

He always looks so disgusting.

Not everybody lives in a 3rd world country, burgerclap

So, nonstandard/hacked fabricator when?

Probably once mods arrive. Game is set to launch in August. Expansion pack in january

I'm glad he found work after Brink flopped

I've been able to kill fishes in the current version though by throwing stuff at them.

There's no niggers or mudshits so you don't really need any guns.

No John, you are the niggers.

I need a gun to shoot myself? Why don't I just find a nearest reaper and offer myself as a snack then.

This. The undersea colossi are gud bois, dey don du nuffin

And in subnautica you aren't on top of the food chain. Let's say you got a good gun, what would the threat be?

Dem reapers a good kids, dey just need to get dey life back in order.

W-Wow, user! That's a pretty awesome idea! Hacking the fabricator or merging items that were not supposed to be merged. Survival Knife + Long Tube = Spear, Spear + Air Bladder = Harpoon or some shit. I'd love to see more survival combinations of standard tools.

Something to kill these fucking Warpers.

Liberal Cuck, if we can't have any weapons then why the fuck do you put aggressive fauna that can 2shot you?

If they do that, then hopefully they make the creatures more context sensitive and wily.

>against self defense in game
>against self defense in real life
Who would of thought?

This is bullshit because you have vortex torpedoes, torpedoes who poison your enemies to death, electrics forcefield to fry them in the water and an underwater mecha suit with a drill arm you can use to punch fuckers into a bloody mess.

I agree with this but I wish his reason for doing so had been this instead (from a gameplay perspective). Rather than some half baked political statement.

Propulsion cannon flings around Reapers

Guys, how do I deal with the crushing fear of going deep underwater? Each and everytime I trt to go out further and deeper, I get overwhelmed with primal fear and flee the hell back. Anything I can do to ease that fear so I can explore the rest of the game?

You stop being a faggot and acquire the ability to seperate fantasy from reality

Try scuba diving.

Get a Cyclops. Then there's nothing to fear.

why did they do this? the devs are australians

build check point bases (one tube with power and food)

That's pretty cool that they can jump but I wish it made a splash when they hit the water

rest in piece user

Solar power? Or do you mean something else as I'm still new to this and have no idea if sunlight can reach that far down.

>this is a bright scientist biologist from the future

>one where we are not at the top of the food chain

Fucking beta, i bet he is a cuck

artist can't make human faces for shit, so let's cut out the middle man and make a cartoony, mass appealing fugly mug that won't accidentally trigger sjw crowd

And I lost all interest in buying the game. I refuse to support leftist faggots in any way.

Sup Forums, get out of here.

Forget about the lack of guns, the lore reason is shitty and retarded but I really believe that the game would be even worse if they added guns right now.

Anyway, the lack of guns is a non argument - What we really should talk about is the non-existent retarded a.i. or the endless stupid grind or maybe we should talk about the fact that art direction is even less inspired than mass effect?

Dont even get me started on stupid technology that just werks or performance issues on most high end PCs (thanks for removing terraforming devs, it didn't help)

I really doubt that even half of the issues I listed here are fixed and you're telling me that the game is almost finished?

I'm debating if I should grab the game now that it's 10 buckaroos in the sale. Thing is, I don't want to play it until the 1.0 update in september-october. I wonder how much the price hike will be.

Well that's very cheap, won't get cheaper so why not? Also you can play it now and continue on the same save once it comes back up

You'll get Cute Fish once 1.0 launches by buying in early access

You do realise you're acting exactly the same way as SJWs?

>Then there's nothing to fear

But it breaks down instantly when you hit a passing fish. Hell it'll break down just sitting at your base.

You can? They have stated that the upcoming updates won't require starting fresh anymore?

>muh Sup Forums

Yes afaik you from now on should be good to play on your save without large issues.

did they fix the performance issues yet

Game runs ok for me, but i have a 1080 so it really should. But i can have stuttering now and then. So i'd say it isn't really fixed that much yet.

Not yet.

So when are we going to get monstergirl mods for this where you built bases and try to court various monstergirls living in the sea?

Never, weeaboo trash

>America has school shootings ever day.
>Every.
>Single.
>Day.

what performance issues? game runs flawlessly on a 960 2gb

Looks like this is a new idea for him, probably why the game is still Beta Testing.

>Shootings every day

Games,movies, etc don't scare me.

But this...

this is nightmare fuel

It runs solid with a 980Ti and a normal HDD, though loading and pop-in might be helped by putting it on SSD. It'll sometimes stuck on loading screen for minutes though meaning your savegame is pretty much lost and you need to reinstall.

I played it very early into the dev cycle, I want to play again.

Is the final patch soon or should I just play now?

Just heard about this game yesterday, looks pretty sweet, even for early access.

But is this really only through Steam? If so, I'll just wait to see if there's a non-DRM version later on.

You should play now. It has come a long way, story is almost finished too. Only lacking a few things. I just started replaying as well.

Yes, final patch (1.0) is going to be released in the september-october axis and will wrap up the end game and the story. It still has quite a bit of bugs and performance issues but it's up to you if you want to wait or not.

Come on dude, it's cheap, just use steam. jesus christus

Why don't you want to buy it from Steam?

>niggers in water

Daym, they wuz fish n shiet

really ebin posting

I just hate dealing with DRM? Can't be that shocking. I don't like having to deal with it needing to update all the time, and it being one for step between me and playing something. It doesn't benefit me in any way.

If it's the only way to get the game, I still might do it, because it's not worth missing the experience. But right now, I don't "need" the game, and it being on Steam is enough to push the balance away.

>le steam boycott for no good reason xD

Truly the worst kind of unique snowflakes.

>it's a "comfy game about swimming in the ocean is actually a horror game and no one tells you this" episode

But the game is very comfy, no matter how deep you go nothing hurts you and all creatures are nice good looking creatures that want to hug you and give you love. So dno why you think its a horror game?

>muh Sup Forums bogeyman

the oceans are still empty as fuck

>Mods become available
>Developer gets asshurt when people add guns

How much do you want to bet on this happening?

I really wish they had those huge sandworms in grassy plateau just waiting to bounce you when you carelessly went over them in the seamoth.

>seamoth

those things could take down the cyclops. unfortunately devs are allergic to cool ideas so they aren't going to implement it ever

I didn't say anything about a boycott, moron. If you want to deal with an overhead and extra bullshit between you and your game, you're free to waste your own time however you choose.

>every single day

no but it's still super often. 21 this year

"Since 2013, there have been over 200 school shootings in America — an average of nearly one a week."

Why do people say things they know nothing about and it TAKES A FUCKING SECOND
A FUCKING SECOND
A SINGLE FUCKING SECOND
to google it.

everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/

There's plenty of reasons why people wouldn't want to buy games on Steam. I'm personally not spending any more money on it because I actually want to own the software I purchase and not have to use Steam every time I play the game. They also still charge me burgerbux when I live in Australia.

you play on invincible mode or something?

I still think they should give you a gun but make it useless on med to big sized creatures better yet if the mesmerizing fish forced you to use it on yourself, that would be the ultimate prank on /k/ niggers.

related :
youtu.be/r5pR5ktDwts?t=124

Extra bullshit? You mean going to your library and clicking play? Or alternatively double click the icon on your desktop like any other game? All while getting updates automatically without any hassle.

>Subhumanica

So it's close to finished? Any date for 1.0 release? I've been interested in the game for a while, but buying early access games is for retards and is a cancer on the industry.

Nigger the thread is only 100 posts long. Jesus christ.

No, normal. This game is not scary.

I want a herbivorous cousin of the lava lizard that rests on land.

This is one of the best early access games ever. Dev has been very honest and hard working.

It was worth playing a year ago.

And having to log in? Waiting to connect to Steam servers? Waiting for the service to update if there's been one?

And if they remove a game or something, well, fuck you! You only purchase the license to use it from Steam until they decide you can't.

I have no problem with updating software, since I'm not retarded. I don't view it as a hassle at all. Sometimes it's even better not to use the most recent version of a piece of software.