Tfw your favorite franchise is now just a pale reflection of its former self

>tfw your favorite franchise is now just a pale reflection of its former self.

What's her name, Sup Forums?

First for Final Fantasy. 12 was a good game, but the franchise hasn't been itself for 16 years now.

Even though I've played every (english) entry in the series, it's just never going to feel the same as the older titles.

Do you like Eternia, user? I think it's the best 2D title, but it seems no one on this board has played it.

I dunno if you could exactly call it a pale reflection, but Metal Gear

I guess because vampires the reflection is actually nothing.

I love Eternia. Gameplay was fluid, characters were amusing and the ost was great; overall it's a solid Tales game.

Devil May Cry

Pokemon has been all downhill since gen 2. I still play it in the hopes a future entry will bring the magic back, but I have felt nothing but disappointment for the past 17 years.

MY DARK SKINNED FELLOWS

FUCK YOU

Oh, hello there Obsidicuck! Still mad that Fallout 4™ was GOTY and our best entry yet? We at Bethesda will continue to produce quality games in our franchises, such as Skyrim™ for the Nintendo Switch™. Your views are not representative of the fallout fanbase.

WHIS > GWENT

Thank you Todd. You are so wise.

Todd you and Tyrone have to give it back.

Not following?

WHIS is a card game in Tales of Destiny 2 (Eternia). GWENT is a card game in the Witcher. The latter is shilled to high heaven with a cult following, while the former is vastly superior and underrated.

Oh! sorry man should be asleep by now. Yeah, the card game in Eternia was dope as fuck.

The game is still good, it just has no players.
I hope Midair stays alive longer

That's your fault, not the franchises. Later entries are objectively better.

>tfw it's mobileshit now
Just fucking kill me. It just isn't fair.

Fucking Capcom
>ayy, let's release a good, but completely unrelated game under the franchise name
>lol it bombed
>clearly nobody wants this shit, no games now, only mobage
FUK

Always this.

But vampires don't have reflections

You know what devs should do? They should finish franchises. Like after 5/10/however many games the director just comes out and says 'we've done all we want with this series, expect our new fresh offering in two years'. Then sell one last legacy collection package to seal the deal. That's how things would work in a perfect world where people are not obsessed with getting as much profits from retards as possible.

Metal Gear

This.

Ratchet & Clank, especially since the PS3 era

Paper Mario and it disgusts me every day when I wake up & even in my dreams.

SOTN was a lame-ass game, no surprises it was a playstation exclusive.
The pinnacle of this franchise is Super Castevania IV on home console and the GBA/DS era on handheld.