It doesn't really look that bad

it doesn't really look that bad

Other urls found in this thread:

hcstealth.tumblr.com/post/110586472232/regarding-sonic-3
youtube.com/watch?v=bdHL-MWO0Go
youtube.com/watch?v=9Nb0XROBsE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, it looks worse. At least it looks like Shadow will be somewhat important again, though, so that's neat.

Plus, the villain has the long lost 8th chaos emerald, so the retarded but fun storylines are back

Here's how I feel. Call me a faggot shiteater if you must.

WHAT I LIKE:
- custom hero is interesting
- the classic Sonic boss fight I saw was well-done
- the darker, serious setting seems like it has potential for ACTUAL storytelling this time
- I like the villain team-up as long as it's well-justified in-story (not expecting it, though)
- the custom hero's Park Avenue theme reminded me of the Sega Saturn

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
- boost Sonic again
- presence of Wisps when they were are already terribly out of place in Sonic Lost World
- classic Sonic's stage had ugly music
- classic Sonic once again looks to be the highly scripted, rigid-feeling gameplay from Generations, which is a poor imitation of actual Genesis Sonic physics

So I'm split. Hated the game at the outset and then they introduced some things that looked okay so it's kind of teetering in the middle at this point.

I still have hopes for the game, I liked Generations and Colors so Forces looks like more of stuff I enjoyed in the past

Kinda bummed hearing about the limitations on the Switch version. I can handle it being locked at 30 fps since it didn't really bug me in Generations but jesus christ Sega you better fix those textures before launch

It doesn't look BAD per say, but it looks extremely unfocused like it has no idea what it even wants to do with itself.

My problem was it looked lazy as hell.

It seemed to be "People like Generations and people like Colors, so let's just raid those for ideas."

Wisps, boost, and classic Sonic. Done. Game is amazing.

Things have gotten a little better since the introduction of the custom hero but those things are still nagging me.

Why is there no conversation?

They're not going to fix the textures. The switch has awful hardware capabilities.

Because there's nothing to talk about. The game looks like shit to anyone with taste and the only people that are gonna buy it are children, idiot brand loyalists, and """ironic""" memers.

And yet other games have far better textures on the Switch.

>anyone with taste
>Sup Forums
>taste

You're right. The majority of Sup Forums doesn't have taste. There's still some posters with standards for entertainment here, but most of the posters are casuals with no taste that enjoy Dark Souls, League of Legends, Breath of the Wild and/or Overwatch. That said, those queers will not be swayed from their stance and neither will the ones that have standards, so there's still nothing to discuss

Its Sonic 06 2.0, and even worse this time, which I did not thi k to be fucking possible, but yet again Iizuka proved me wrong.

Are you actually fucking retarded? The games with the Hedgehog engine are still fucking masterpieces in comparison to 06.

Sonic 360 was terrible because of its shit optimization and bugtesting.

The story was jacked up and made the game unsalvageable for me but at least if it played well it could be fondly remembered for that.

I don't think this game is going to play like garbage but that's because they took exactly zero risks with what they're doing with the Sonic gameplay. This game is underwhelming because it's dull-looking, which is something I thought would never happen.

>le 2.5D gameplay
>le Sonic is the only playable character
>le two sonics for 8 games in a row
>better than 06
You may actually have aids

So was Sonic Adventure and yet people loved the hell out of it.

I didn't have anywhere near the problems of Sonic 360 in Sonic Adventure.

There was some camera issues, sure, but shit like beating the final boss of Sonic's story by dying three times wasn't occurring.

But can I choose the color of my OC's arms independently? This is important!

That's why Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors are praised and sold a lot, right?

Sonic 06 sold a lot too though

Because neogaf aids and IGN praised them for going back to the terrible 2D style which should have fucking stayed dead.

sonic 06 is terrible because it was literally unplayable buggy mess

no game will ever worse than it,no matter how shittty it is

for the story,well we still don't know it so we will have to wait

user your memes are showing

Rise of Lyric

The level design looks like shit. Granted we've only seen the first levels but even when compared to Generations' first levels, they look bad. Way too linear and nothing interesting at all. And the OC's levels with the lines of enemies you just mow down effortlessly is disgusting.

The best part of this game will only be getting to make Coldsteel.

Anyone expecting this to be their final foray with the franchise?

if we have to compare sonic 06 and rise of lyric in terms of playabilty then rise of lyric wins,it has bugs,but not at the same level of sonic 06

This will be the death of 3D sonic, screencap this. They did this as intentional sabotage.

no,sonic mania is still a thing

they still have one more card to play

and that card is sonic adventure 3

There is nothing wrong with the 2D Classic Style in Generations.

Maybe to YOU it's terrible, but many others do not.

Visuals are the least important part to making a game interesting. It's mostly about how enjoyable the game itself is to the player. (at least to the ones that aren't a little bitch)

We've heard this shit millions of times already. If Sonic can survive RoL, he can survive anything.

Sonic Mania happens first. You'll enjoy that then get to this and finally lay it down for good.

if sonic mania is succesful they will keep making more good 2d sonic games,it's not dying user

Honestly, I don't care how many shitty games they release, at least they keep making them. I'd rather have 10 awful Megaman games in a row than them just killing the franchise

the character creator will probably be nothing

I actually meant for all of you, not Sega.

Sorry, that required clarification.

>Implying Generations didn't have shit for 2D physics
>Implying level design = visuals

define "the end of us"

if you refer to sonic fans they will just keep playing sonic games that will come

>NO CHAO GARDEN

Here you go senpai

>Classic Sonic in Forces

It's pretty ballsy of Sonic Team to include Classic gameplay in Forces when Mania makes it look like hot steaming garbage in comparison. Probably why Iizuka is now retconning Generations' story slightly by making Classic Sonic an "alternate universe" Sonic instead of simply a younger version of him. It allows Sonic Team to say, "Well, the reason why he plays differently is because he's not the same Sonic that's in Mania, he's from another dimension! :^)" You can't make this shit up. This is on the same level as Iizuka reclassifying Sonic games as "action" games rather than platformers to avoid criticism.

>There is nothing wrong with the 2D Classic Style in Generations.

This is objectively wrong. Unless you're referring to the 2D camera sections, in which case you're still kind of wrong. The problem with 2D sections is the over-abundance of them. There is nothing worse than having a good time going fast in 3D only to be thrown into a forced, clunky, uninspired 2D platforming section. I'm not the biggest fan of the boost mechanic, in fact I think it's stagnating Modern Sonic creatively, but it's obvious to anyone that it works the best in a 3D space.

I played those sections loved the shit out of them. Honestly coming from a mildly autistic sonic fan, I have to say that I think you guys just ask for waaay too much from Sonic Team.

>This is on the same level as Iizuka reclassifying Sonic games as "action" games rather than platformers to avoid criticism.
Did he actually say that?

>Having standards is bad
They're not even particularly high standards comsidering that fans like Christian Whitehead were able to replicate classic physics on their own while Sonic Team is an ENTIRE TEAM OF DEVELOPERS WORKING FOR SEGA. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to fix the shit physics

No it doesn't.
OC creator brought it down though.

The OC creator is the only redeeming part of this shitshow

What shit physics? I played all three games with the hedgehog engine and I didn't have much of a problem with them.

The Classic physics in Generations (and Forces, based on what we've seen thus far)

>Probably why Iizuka is now retconning Generations' story slightly by making Classic Sonic an "alternate universe" Sonic instead of simply a younger version of him.
That's retarded.

Also fuck Mania; it's just pandering. It's not even gonna be a proper sequel and has a tonne of returning levels.

But none of you are that kind of fan, right? You don't tolerate when a franchise hits the skids.

Oh. Yeah no I didn't have a problem It felt close to how a classic genesis sonic game played to me. I loved using the spindash.

I love how the Sonic franchise doesn't give up on characters from bad games. Any other franchise would have immediately discarded guys like Zavok and Silver.

They gave up on Mephiles though.

You also have to factor in that people like Christian Whitehead have been tinkering and toying around with Classic for years, people at current Sonic Team have not. Of course people who attached themselves to the old engines and games will know more than those who aren't.

But the spindash was easily the worst part of the Generations physics and it felt nothing like how it should. Did you even play the game?

How could they even bring back Mephiles when he's only one half of a whole villain and was completely erased from existence? That requires two contrived justifications for him coming back. I mean, they could do it, but it feels like the whole plot would have to revolve around it. They kind of have an ensemble thing going.

Christian Whitehead should live up to that "Friend to pixels and POLYGONS" part of his slogan and contribute something to a 3D Sonic game.

Yes. I have it on the 360. Fucking amazing to me.

They really should of given up on silver though his design and gimmick is terrible and too OP for such a shitty character

glad the lost world villians are getting another shot. Just need that hot Green girl back, her and rouge the bat are the only acceptable sonic faps

>implying Iizuka will ever let a filthy Gaijin touch a mainline Sonic game
That would taint it, nevermind that he has a better understanding of the physics in Sonic games than Sonic Team themselves

Yes but Sonic Team is a bunch of professional developers that work with Sonic quite literally every day. Regardless of whether they've been working on Genesis-style games or not, they should at least be able to replicate the old physics system.

There is just something too rigid about the way they designed classic Sonic. Everything has a fixed momentum value.

I said it felt CLOSE.

That webm still says otherwise.

that can be said for any franchise

desu i think that silver is not over powered,i think instead that maybe he was a charatcer that had potential lore wise but got introduced in a shitty game,but i hope that he will have some sort of importance in forces

WAT

>Hedgehog Engine
>Can barely hit 25FPS
>Meanwhile Sonic 06 has consistent 60FPS

Does it?

I guess it was kind of smooth.

Just tried Generations since I got it on sale. Since this is basically Generations 2 it will be completely average and Mania will be much better.

Who the hell is gonna run backwards in a Sonic game?

People who play Sonic CD & explore to destroy the Generators.

>Silver is voiced by Raiden these days

Pottery

Boost at this point is simply a gameplay style. I have no problems with it because Gens showed it had plenty of promise and Lost World's control scheme wasn't that great.

The rest (Wisps, classic Sonic, OC creator, etc) is just straight up pandering though and I'm getting sick of it.

>Whitehead never did do sonic 3 feat knux remake

He wanted to but there were/are(?) legal issues with it most likely involving the music. Read Stealth's post on it:
hcstealth.tumblr.com/post/110586472232/regarding-sonic-3

Also here's a proof of concept video by them:
youtube.com/watch?v=bdHL-MWO0Go

yeah I know a bit about the history but it still sucks. Probably could've used the pc version soundtrack if they really wanted it released

Anyone else here kinda wish it was like sonic adventures in some way?

It's been 16 years.

SIX.
TEEN.
FUCKING.
YEARS.

Give up already. There will never be a SA3.

I wonder what kind of ideas he would have had to spice things up for that.

Maybe give Tails a legit super form?

>Give up already. There will never be a SA3.
It came out in 2006.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Nb0XROBsE8

No Chao Garden, not Sonic Adventure.

It's not Classic Sonic without proper rolling physics either, and we still got Sonic 4.

Im glad Chaos is back, one of the top Sonic villans imo.

Little confused about it though. This must be some time fuckery because Chaos is a good guy by the end of Sonic Adventure.

>sonic adventurecoons
Give up on your very average games

Holy shit I just happened to notice the thread on the front page nad clicked it on a whim but seeing Chaos again is really nostalgic.

Wonder if Chaos being back means we might see his other forms we never got to see in Adventure. Chaos 3, Chaos 5, they were both skipped.
Also always wondered why Chaos went from a bipedal creature, to a shark, to a frog, then a kaiju. Kinda random.

>yfw you get to play as Chaos and all his transformations

I kind of thought the frog form was a side effect of being from Froggy

But he turned into before he ate Froggy.
Eating froggy only returned his tail.

Eggman shattering the Master Emerald must've corrupted him.

And yeah, he was pretty badass. I was also kinda terrified of the mural of him as a kid.

Now that would be interesting. We never did get to see Chaos 3 and 5.

Wait, if the new villain has the 8th choas emerlad, does that mean we might see Chaos 8? Or Super Perfect Chaos?

It's only merit will be Chris-Chan's reaction to people making sonichu characters ingame.

Shadow is and always will be a shit character. He's an autistic kid's idea of a cool dude.

>*Chaos Emerald

what is wrong with me today

This entire thread reads like a Sonichu strip.

The cycle of abuse continues.