The only time he uses inverted controls when controlling an aircraft and not all the time

>the only time he uses inverted controls when controlling an aircraft and not all the time

you have 10 seconds explain yourself for not using inverted controls on default

They're awkward for me most of the time. They make sense on an aircraft.

I played video games with my cousin not too long ago and he uses non-inverted. I was physically repulsed and put the controller down.

Basically I don't use inverted because I'm not retarded.

Because it doesn't really matter either way. I just play what ever feels comfortable. Trying to switch to a different control scheme just because someone on the internet is mad is just silly.

Only a massive autist would use inverted controls anywhere. You're all fucked in the head.

Inverted only makes sense if there's some sort of physiclal stick. It's fie on controllers/Flight sticks but inverting with a mouse is just plain retarded

Inverted controls are retarded

If it's first person I use standard controls.

If it's third person I usually use inverted controls Even horizontal inversion

It breaks immersion if you are controlling a character who is supposed to be you. When you move your head you think up or down, the mechanics are subconscious.

>Even horizontal inversion

just reminded a lot of 3d japanese games have that shit. some can't even change it.

i play vertical inverted normal horizontal
i have no fucking idea why

>Playing first person shooters with a controller

Cause I'm not a fuckwit

Stop trying to start shit. Not one person said or even implied shooters.

The stick on the back of the head implies that's where the camera is

will you two faggots get a room already

I'm berating you for trying to start shit with shooters when not one person mentioned it.

Normal/Inverted is a matter of preference and arguing about it is about as retarded as you'd expect from vee

Shut up, philistine.

I can't be the only person who uses inverted with a mouse... r-right?

>man has stick on back of head
>pull stick up, head turns down
>pull stick down, head turns up
>pull stick left, head turns ???
>pull stick right, head turns ???
Explain what happens and show your work. It must be internally consistent to the "stick on back of head" model.

They look so soft

because the mouse and mousepad need to mimic the cursor and screen space you fucking faggot

do you need to be told a second time by someone else? or do you really think the OP doesn't refer to first person?

I want to sneak up on the left one. Blow gently on the back of her ear so she flickflicks it until she spins around and bites me in the face

I'm not a faggot.

>he's still playing vidya with analog sticks
grow up kid

>A few career pilots can't get used to normal controls
>All games must now contain this useless feature to appease a few idiots

Fuck airplanes

Stop being mad at how others play games.

Fuck off Vinny.

>Want to look down
>Press down
>Want to look up
>Press up
Why would I use inverted?

cause I'm aiming the the reticle you mong.
How does controlling a 3rd person's head movements in a first person perspective make any sense.

Shit's logically inconsistent if you don't also invert horizontal controls.

I used to play inverted vertical but at some point it stopped making sense to me.

you have 10 seconds to explain why you only use inverted for vertical
according to your picture it applies to horizontal too
try pulling the dildo out of your ass before you post

Are you me?
That is exactly what I do.
I always envision it as controlling the movement of the camera around a focal point, so its the only way that makes sense.
In first person the focal point is the camera, so you just move normally.

>weeb forum not being consolecucks

Because when I look at things, I use my eyes, not my head whole, doofus.

With that model it would seem that you invert your X and Y axis. You don't really do that do you user?

When you pull up in an aircraft your body naturally falls backwards allowing you to pull harder if necessary. Otherwise in order to pull up you would need to have your body fall back AND extend your arms even further to maintain that maneuver which is exceedingly difficult and causes your reactions to slow. Makes your turns dull. Makes you likely to be killed in combat. The control scheme was developed as a natural result of physically piloting aircraft.

>Move eyeball muscles up
>You look down

Inverted controls in a nutshell

Or, and this might seem crazy, maybe the line of thought goes:
>up = up
>down = down

but i do, always have and always will.flying or fps

Does anyone else just not care whether or not camera controls are inverted? I always just go with whatever the game defaults are.

>you have 10 seconds explain yourself for not using inverted controls on default
I don't have to explain SHIT
cunt

Almost every game has non-inverted as standard.
It almost never even occurs to me that it might be desirable at all to have it the other way

>pull stick left, head turns right
>pull stick right, head turns left

I used to play inverted all the time, but then I started playing a bunch of third-person shooters and afterwards it felt awkward to me.

I don't invert for vehicles either unless it's first person

Fucking this. I can't even imagine why it's a thing.

but that never happens

>not using it for horizontal also
but like this user said it only works with physical sticks, dont use inverted with mouse

This is retarded

>You control the cursor or crosshair and not the head

Now quit your bickering you mongering faggots

if you don't invest your'e le lebiit

People are not airplanes. I learned that the hard way.

pretend you are holding the camera to get a shot looking down you bend forward
to get a shot looking up you bend backwards

>you bend forward
in other words, you bend down

whatever the game defaults at, I try to adjust to.

I guess u cud call this slapstick humor

I want to believe I'm controlling myself and not some doll.

But I do use inverted controls as default, user.

Only when using controllers, though

why would you push down on a controller to look up?
you're not a fucking seesaw, that needs force on one side to lift itself up.

this

>game lets you invert camera controls
>but doesn't also let you invert aiming
The greatest sin.

when taking a picture with a phone/camera do you tilt it forward or backwards when trying to take a picture of something above you?
If you tilt it forward you are point the lense at ground
tilt back and it starts pointing towards sky

hello windwaker

>its a "retarded inverftag makes this stupid argument" episode
>its a "retarded invertfag will dodge the question when asked why he doesnt invert x axis based on his own crippled logic" episode

but I do invert both, it makes sense

here's the third person model.
it's all about the blue axis.
when you push the stick down, the camera goes down, wich result in looking up.

I dont know why this is so hard for some people to wrap their head around.
Seemed like the logical conclusion to come to even as a teenager

If you're looking at the top of the control stick as the top of your character's head that makes sense, but then should the control stick not also spin rather than tilt to the sides?

It's not hard, but most people think "I want to look up, so I will push up". How is that any less logical?

back of head/eyes/camera not top

Who /legacysouthpaw/ master race here?

Well, you don't have a fuckin neck on the back or front of your head.

Some people don't consider the sights or reticule at all. Some people perceive it as moving the landscape rather than the thing doing the targeting.

In that case with an inverted scheme, pressing down makes the landscape move down relative to the center of focus.
With a non-inverted scheme pressing down makes the landscape move up relative to the center of focus.

Inverted is set by default in the majority of games. Only autists change it to non-inverted.

>tank controls
>on the wrong stick

It'd make more sense if horizontal movement were inverted as well.

>up and down is inverted
>left and right is not
I'm just trying to move my head, not fly a fucking Boeing airplane here. All the invertfag arguments should also invert looking left and right.
invertfags are insufferable because they are unable to justify not inverting horizontal looking.

I double invert. Feels good man.

What the fuck kind of mental gymnastics is this?

I'm just relaying what people have said to me before when they got ill watching me play video games. Granted their experience controlling video games was null.

>play bully on pc
>can't aim with the mouse in first person

inverted controls are for big inverted faggots like yourself OP

I'm just used to it cause I've been using it for my whole life, no reason to switch it now, you know if it aint broke then dont fix it.

pretty much every >hurdurr you dont invert X has had someone reply to it stating that they invert both and yet people still saying this

Unless you also invert left/right, it's inconsistent.

aircraft always inverted. everything else is normal.

Inverted controls are not by default because it's in the fucking name: They are inverted from the normal controls. The only reasonable way to use inverted control is if you play a plane simulator. The only reason planes have those type of control is because of the need to rise in altitude, fighting gravity while pushing a stick away is a fucking nightmare.

Whatever kind of diagram or insane mental gymnastic you use to explain your point is completely void because progress always goes in the way of simplicity fist and foremost. The simple fact you have to explain your point over the common sense of pressing up to look up is absolutely stupid and done for either the sake of being contrarian or for having a stunted, flawed play style you can't get rid of.

Your opinion is exactly the same thing as
>Not using a ball mouse over a normal mouse
You can be completely functional using one. But why the fuck would you ?

thats because the camera can't move on its own, and you to move it for you. your whole argument is based on this logical idea that because i am interacting with something, i must exert a force on it. so you go to the logical conclusion that if i push down, the camera should move up

but this game isnt real, and i can put no tangible force on it. when i want something to go up, i point the stick up.

Best mouse

well then so are mirrors

how will you ever cope

You have 10 seconds to fuck off from this board. Fucking useless piece of shit faggot.