Skyrim

Is there a bigger newfag detector than saying that Skyrim is shit?
Like don't get me wrong it's not perfect by any means but Skyrim at worst is at least a good game worth sinking 10 or 20 hours into.

I mean really I've never seen a game like Skyrim (that isn't part of the TES franchise) that gives you:
>huge open world which lots of different NPCs
>a leveling system that makes you get better as long as you work on your skills
>exploration of a huge fantasy world
>a large selection of quests
>having the freedom to ignore the MQ from the very start of the game
>comfy feeling of trudging through the woods
>a combat system that's at least okay for what it is
>the ability to customize your experience with mods and other user created content

I instantly disregard the opinions of anyone saying that Skyrim is the worst game ever or even shit because it pretty much shows that they're newfags who either didn't play enough games to appreciate Skyrim or who bought the Sup Forums hates Skyrim meme.

babys first rpg

nah, it's not the worst game ever but it is shit. only Redditors and normies think the game is any good.

Literally every TES game is fucking awful.

Annon its shit I think reddit is a better place for you away thot

>10-20 hours
You don't do jackshit in 10-20 hours, if you are going to play any TES game you need at least 80 hours in it.

Yep these posts show what I'm talking about.
Just a couple of redditors or newfags who bought the Skyrim is shit meme.
>it's shit
No it's not it's at least a good game even by the harshest standards.

>No it's not it's at least a good game even by the harshest standards.
No it's not. Fuck off to Reddit, kid.

>my other shitposting thread got deleted
>better double down and try again!
Fuck off already. Skyrim is already becoming boring even with the normies who are sick of hearing about it. In about another year or so, it's probably going to start popping up all over in "Most Overrated Games" lists.

A game with zero depth or challenge can't be good sorry bro better luck next time

Nice try Todd

You do the same jackshit in 20 hours that you do in 80 hours, it's just 4 times as much

>it's shit because I say so
Nice argument but Skyrim is an objectively good game.
Only newfags and Redditors actually argue otherwise.
>Skyrim has zero depth or challenge
What!
You just showed that you haven't actually played the game at all.

Literally kys

Gr8b8m8

>Shit quests
>Shit graphics
>Shit gameplay
>Gutted rpg elements even compared to oblivion
>Shit writing
>Dungeons are one giant corridor with the exception of dwemer ruins
Truly a masterpiece

t. retarded newshit soulsfag redditurd meme loving twitch watching faggot loser who probably subscribes to soulsborne lore youtubers and spends hours forming gank squads in dark souls and shitposting on his iphone and unironically considers souls games to be the pinnacle of vidya and has a framed picture of miyazaki at his bedside and frequents /dasg/ and records webms of his le epik ganks and has the entire souls franchise downloaded and frequently listens to it while shitposting and thinks any game without souls combat is "shit" and "lacks depth" because combat rolling everywhere is fucking dope shit

Redditors like this trash retard

>Is there a bigger newfag detector than saying that Skyrim is shit?

>it's good because I say so
Nice argument but Skyrim is objectively a shit game.
Only newfags and Redditors actually argue otherwise.

Never played a souls game i hate japshit sorry bro

>oblivion had more content then skyrim
>morrowind had more content then oblivion
If you can't see WHY someone would have a problem with this KILL YOURSELF

>Is there a bigger newfag detector than saying that Skyrim is shit?
fucking babby shitter detected

>everyone who doesn't share my opinion is baiting
This is why nu/v/ is so shit.

>shit quests
How so?
>shit graphics
It was great for it's time and even better with mods
>shit gameplay
Adding shit in front of something isn't an argument.
>gutted oblivion RPG elements
What?
If anything Skyrim improved it from oblivion when most of the stats didn't mean shit and there so many useless skills.
Skyrim also improved from oblivion retarded level up system and fixed it's scaling.
>shit writing
That applies to all RPGs except maybe planescape and Gothic.
It also doesn't matter because the writing isn't the main focus
>dungeons are one giant corridor
The only actual criticism in this post and one which I agree on.
Newfags and Redditors such as yourself also hate Skyrim and call it the worst game.

DRAUGR CAVE
DRAUGR CAVE
[SPOILER]DRAUGR CAVE

Still waiting for that argument.
>oblivion had more content than Skyrim
Oblivion was a disappointment and Skyrim was better in every way except maybe the gulf quests.

I'm waiting for yours, faggot

>skyrim
>not more disappointing then oblivion

*guild quests.

It's funny that you point out everything that Morrowind and Oblivion had and casually ignore all the shit it has, like dumbed down mechanics out the ass.

>Skyrim
>more disappointing than a game that
>had mostly shit quests except some guild quests and shivering isles
>had worse combat than Skyrim
>most of the NPCs had potato faces
>had literal horse armor as DLC
>had a MQ that was worse than Skyrim
>a stupid leveling up system
>a generic medieval fantasy setting
Oblivion was worse than Skyrim.

Skyrim is fine
If you have the patience to carefully mod it you can get out a very good game

Skyrim had no memorable quests like Oblivion or Morrowind all of skyrims quest end in a draugr cave

No skyrim had shit graphics compared to witcher 2 deus ex and bf3 which all came out same year as skyrim, skyrim looks like a game from 2001

What the fuck are you talkng about skytim is a rare exception of rpgs having shit writing

and by gutted rpg elements i mean your asshole can master everything in skyrim which is not the case in almost any rpg

>swing sword at enemy
>they have no reaction
Amazing game

Oblivion was objectively worse than Skyrim
Morriowind while better suffered from it's combat.
But this isn't a whos the better TES game thread so I don't see why are you bringing them up.

>Objectively
there's that word again. You just have objectively shit taste for liking an objectively shit game like Skyrim

>It's another "OP tries to validate his taste in videogames" thread
Stop wasting your time OP and have fun playing.
I still like Skyrim even with all the flaws posted ITT

MUH REALISM :(

>There's a lot of dull and repetitive content so it must be good!
>A leveling system! How many other games offer this?
>"""""comfy"""""
>The main quest is so shitty that you wish to ignore it and this game gives you the option to do so! Truly revolutionary.
>The basegame is utter shit, but mods!

>Dungeons are one giant corridor with the exception of dwemer ruins
That is my biggest complaint with Skyrim DESU - that and the lack of variety. I miss mazes. I miss fighting things other than dragur, dwemer, falmer, and bandits.

my opinion > you're opinion

>opinion
actually it's objective facts, newfag.

you mean like ghosts, skeltals, zombies and bandits in daedric armor? oh wait, right, there are also imps, heh how could i of forgotten?

like if I give a fuck

Keep playing garbage.

post waifus

Skyrim is fun

alright

>terrible combat
>quests are mediocre
>dungeons are samey
>little enemy variety
>only redeemed by mods
Because it's "fun" does not mean it's a good game, and mods don't mean the turd bethesda put out is anything is a turd.
Also with games of this nature you're supposed to put at least 100 hours into it, skyrim manages to get boring long before you've come close to that point.

Play better games and git gud you fucking casual.

i played skyrim while my internet was down and it was sort of ok after drinking literally half a bottle of rum

Teach me how to that, master. I tried that for many times, with many different mods and the game wasn't fun. At most, the fun part was the modding.

Go to bed todd

Mod the hell out of it. Vanilla is worth a playthrough or two if you try different playstyles.

Hoping Skywind will actually get finished now that I've sucked every drop of enjoyment I can out of Skyrim.

post waifus OR ELSE

tesgeneral.com

>old Sup Forums says Morrowind was good
>neo Sup Forums has nostalgia for the garbage that was Oblivion
>nu Sup Forums now defends Skyrim

like clockwork

>shit quests
oblivion had better side quests then skyrims GUILD quests, literally only 2 chains in skyrim didn't totally suck, the civil war and the MAIN QUEST
>had worse combat than Skyrim
Literally only a slight improvement, at the cost of custom spells and shit
>most of the NPCs had potato faces
granted oblivion had worse graphics but since that's the only thing skyrim has going for it is it's better graphics.....
>had literal horse armor as DLC
SKYRIM IN VR
>had a MQ that was worse than Skyrim
The MQ was worse then skyrim but it's not like there's THAT much of a difference in quality between the two on it
>a stupid leveling up system
And skyrim is so much better?
>a generic medieval fantasy setting
Generic viking fantasy setting

>that one guy who starts talking about old Sup Forums and neo Sup Forums

like clockwork

ok

This

>its good because I say so

your argument is shit too like Skyrim

Sup Forums
Sup Forums never changes

Anyone that thinks skyrim is the best rpg has never played oblivion or neverwinter nights or literally anything else.

I never said it was the best rpg ever.
>never played oblivion
>oblivion is one of the best rpgs of all time
newfag please go.

>skyrim waifus
>japs make qts like this
>go on nexus
>westacucks make nothing but garbage
why is japan so much better at this than us

bump

Imagine if Bethesda actually gave a shit and had created unique castle designs for every major location.

Instead we got Skyrim's """capital""" having like, nine enter-able shacks with a palisade around them. Solitude is basically the only recognizable palace, while all fortresses use the same assets and basically have the same lay-out.

Tell us where Miyazaki touched you.

>going to nexus for waifus
Make your own you lazy fucking nigger

Thank god for mods.

Oblivion is shit.

bump

The whole "every dungeon is a draugr dungeon" shit is perfectly true, but it always seems weird coming from people touting Morrowind as a great game when it has the same shit with its skeleton tombs.

>ywn impregnate a qt Witch from Glenmoril

have you ever played an RPG, user?
have you ever played a non-Bethesda title, user?
doesn't sound like you have

>huge open world which lots of different NPCs
Literally every open world game

>a leveling system that makes you get better as long as you work on your skills
RPGs have leveling systems, this isn't TES exclusive. If you are talking about how swinging a sword specifically upgrades sword swinging, that has also been done elsewhere, although is less common because traditional leveling systems are usually better.

>exploration of a huge fantasy world
Literally every open world game set in a fantasy world

>Large selection of quests
even shooters these days have this

>freedom to ignore the MQ
Is this your first open world game?

>trudging through the woods
LITERALLY ANY GAME WITH TREES

>okay combat system
There are open world fantasy RPGs with amazing combat systems. Why settle for something basic and mediocre?

>mods
lol

what other game can you throw a cup at a bandits face, steal his soul, shout him off a mountain and then resurrect his body to be your servant?

protip disliking skyrim is a meme, and op is completely right about it being a newfag detector

I'm waiting...

Explain how it is a newfag detector.
Redditors come in through Sup Forums and spread their tendrils everywhere else. Redditors might dislike FO4, but they LOVE Skyrim.

Skyim is ok. Not good but ok. The real abomination is Oblivion

posts like thisthat offer no insight into anything and barely counter any of the points OP was making while also neglecting to offer another game that allows said "freedoms"

If you can't see why skyrim if popular you're a fucking newfag

Why aren't more RPG's set in snowy environments?

>the points OP was making
do you often talk about yourself in the third person?

is that a joke, because OP didn't list anything consequential and utterly lacked any insight into his points

Reminder that Skyrim is the best waifu simulator on the market.

B U M P

kek stay mad plebs nobody has yet to refute my postskyrim offers experiences that no other game to date does, there's a reason theres still daily threads on Sup Forums about it and tens of thousands of people stil play it on a daily basis

>There are open world fantasy RPGs with amazing combat systems. Why settle for something basic and mediocre?
Which? I have yet to come across a single combat system I've enjoyed. No game has the proper balance of control and feeling. It needs to be extremely responsive and accurate and it needs to feel powerful relative to the weapon you're wielding.

For reference, I don't like Skyrim's, Dark Soul's, or Witcher 2/3's combat at all.

>play as blonde, blue-eyed nord
>install mod which de-essentializes every NPC
>mission is to kill every single elf in Skyrim
>fuck up my first murder in Windhelm, Ulfric himself chases me out of the city
>start doing the main quest, pass Riverwood
>a disgusting elf is wandering there, asks me to fake a letter from Sven to some chick
>do it
>later at night
>bash the pointy ears his head in with a lute
>leave the lute
>Sven had the motive
>gets hanged on the town's mill for my murder

more?

>>leave the lute
>>Sven had the motive
>>gets hanged on the town's mill for my murder
>more?
No, I don't want to hear more of you playing pretend.

>plebs in this thread still haven't worked out hat a boring mess Oblivion is and how Skyrim is better than it in nearly every way

did the people who think Skyrim > Oblivion only play Oblivion during its release on 2006?
'cause I fucking loved Oblivion when I played it in 2015

No but I imagine a lot of people that call it shit whilst blindly praising morrowind are kids trying to fit in who never actually played morrowind. The game isn't that good of an RPG though despite being fun to just wander around in and explore stuff.

Morrowind had 140ish enemies. Not including any enemies with unique names or the various human enemies in the game (bandits and so on).
Skyrim, including all DLC has 170. This includes all enemies with unique names and all the various human enemies.

How is Holds these days?

I like the sex mods so I agree with OP. Faggot

Holds is and always has been shit.

Like, I don't agree. It's incomplete, but cities like Solitude and Falkreath are worlds better than any other overhaul.