Nioh patch 1.12

• Added the “Donation” feature to the Clan Battles system. You can now donate equipment to your clan to obtain glory. Also, if you fulfill certain conditions, you will earn special rewards.
• Added the “Temper” feature to the Blacksmith menu. You can use a new type of item called “Umbracite” that allows you to choose new special effects for your equipment from a list. After obtaining Umbracite, open the reforging menu and press the △ button to begin tempering.
The following features have been added to the Blacksmith after you select “I have request for Muramasa.”
◦ Allows you to pay the cost of Soul Match with patronage.
◦ Allows you to forge Silabar Ingots. When you forge a Silabar Ingot, you will immediately use all of your Amrita, a percentage of which will be stored within the ingot. You can later use the Silabar Ingot to obtain the amrita stored within it.
◦ Grants a low chance of obtaining rare forging materials when you disassemble equipment.
• After selecting “Reforge” from the Blacksmith menu, pressing the △ button will reselect the most recently selected entry.
•Added support for USB Music Player / PlayStation Music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iLR5dYmmbMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no one will see this so i can finally admit im gay

ADJUSTMENTS

•Increased initial completion rewards of Twilight missions
◦Added/adjusted initial rewards, including the addition of Umbracite. -Increased the amount of gold/amrita received as part of the initial rewards. (When a Twilight mission reappears, you can obtain the initial rewards again.)
◦Increased rewards when playing as a Visitor:
◦Umbracite will now randomly drop when you defeat an enemy.
◦The level of the equipment you can obtain will now increase based on your progress.
◦You can now receive Umbracite as a reward for completing a mission as a Visitor. -Increased the crest protection of the following clans: Ishida / Otani / Nato / Mohri / Kuroda / Kikkawa / Torii / Matsunaga / Saika / Uesugi / Shibata / Mori / Fuma / Takeda / Murakami / Naoe / Ashikaga / Satake / Ukita / Asakura
◦Increased the crest protection’s starting value of the following clans: Oda / Shima / Chosokabe / Tachibana / Date / Fukushima / Akechi
• Adjusted/changed clan protection bonuses that are determined by membership duration:
◦ Decreased the amount of time it takes to receive the highest bonus from membership duration.
◦After rejoining a clan you were previously part of, you will now start with a portion of the membership duration bonus you previously had. (This only applies to clan transfers performed after ver. 1.12.)
◦You can now increase your membership duration bonus by making donations. (If you have already reached the maximum bonus level, donations will not increase it further.)

Can they tell us anything about the next dlc yet
geez

NOT ON MY WATCH

we already knew, user

It's okay, user. We still love you.

but really nioh patches are the best patches tbqh
the single dumb thing they've done so far is nerf intensity after buffing it

Just got the game and I'm loving it so far but all the weapons feel samey, although I only beat the succ girl.

Do they get better later on?

Is pvp still garbage

>Added the “Temper” feature to the Blacksmith menu. You can use a new type of item called “Umbracite” that allows you to choose new special effects for your equipment from a list. After obtaining Umbracite, open the reforging menu and press the △ button to begin tempering.
>The following features have been added to the Blacksmith after you select “I have request for Muramasa.”
Does this mean I can finally stop wasting millions to try and get elemental damage on my Heshikiri Hasabe

so is this game good? It looked like it but I never see threads about it any more

i liked it a lot
there are not enough samurai games out there

Should I level spirit?

They fixed half of what was being complained about, mainly the absolute cancer stuff like kunai spam. Expect DLC2 to bring more big changes.

When will we get the 2nd DLC of the season pass?

I don't love fags
Nioh sold 50% less than Bloodborne and still gets more support, runs at 60fps and has PS4 Pro support

No one cares Koei. Your game flopped for how much money and effort you put into it.

really makes you think

That's mainly because BB hasn't had a soul working on it since ToH came out. A PS4 pro patch like the one DS3 got would've been a thing for it were it a more recent game.

Probably; managed to get CTA Dex on my Kusa and Thrown 2x on my gloves fairly quickly with tempering. Easiest way to get some quick Umbracite is Twilight missions, by the way: First time through them gives Umbracite variants according to the NG cycle you're one.

Singleplayer games with no new content on the horizon, wasn't used to sell a system, and has a kinda dead online would lead to that. If you played every other souls game, give it a go, it's the best non-souls souls

DaS3 patch unlocks frame rate which runs now at 42~47fps instead of fixed 30
amazing job

Fuck off Gladium.

I'd really like it if they got their asses around to balancing their own game instead of adding in more min/max bullshit. PvE is just stacking ludicrious amounts of damage and spamming your weapon's strongest move over and over, while PvP is dead since laggers and hackers took over. It's such a fucking waste of potential for a game that has such a great combat system.

what do u mean? nioh is the best selling koei tecmo game ever

>Gladium

>hackers
Save editors had exploits patched for this game twice. Devs have to make changes themselves as they go along given the nature of the problem.

Where's my Sanada Maru you motherfuckers?

What improvements are you hoping get made for the sequel?

youtube.com/watch?v=iLR5dYmmbMo

All I want is a randomized dungeon component or an actual bloody palace
I also want Meiji restoration but that will never happen because fuck everything

More level variety and enemy variety, more weapon variety, and I also don't like that every single time I finish a mission, I spend like 10 minutes sorting through my items in menus with the blacksmith and getting rid of the ones I don't need.

nope
every weapon in each type plays exactly the same, only shit that changes are the stats

they've taken care of this a long time ago that allows you to mass select and filter the ones you wanna dump

>more weapon variety

What new weapon categories do you suggest?

An actual loot system that doesn't consist of flooding you with waves of useless garbage every 5 steps.

Actual level design.

Actual enemy variety.

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I preordered the fucking deluxe edition of this garbage.

It starts off strong, but once you start seeing all the repeating enemies with nothing new but color swaps and get all their patterns memorized the game becomes very repetitive. I started getting bored with it a little after the halfway mark but I forced myself to beat it.
I haven't played the dlc so can't speak for that

I really want to play it. How long until "complete version"? Are DLC like new areas? Are good or relevant for the story?

I haven't played Nioh since its release so I didn't know about that, but that seems like a good update.

There are tons of Japanese weapons they could implement, kama, sai, tonfa, naginata. They could even add some more Western weapons since William is from Britain after all. Ninja Gaiden outright invented some weapons and it was pretty fun, I think that could be fine as well.

I love that it custom made those clothes and they STILL are about to pop buttons.

Soon

kill yourself

Glad I'm not the only one who hated the menus in this game. They are fucking horrible, sorting through your fucking gear should not take a missions length worth of time.

Its very good its just 4 months old and it had a huge alpha and beta so before its release it was discussed in depth for over a year so once you beat it there was nothing really left to discuss.

Personally for me it was the hardest souls I played, but the combat is different enough to keep it interesting and keep you motivated. My biggest gripe was the lack of new Yokai towards the end.

probably will be a while
yes, they're new areas and are important to the story

It's very good but it has a ton of cheap little aspects that makes you hate it half the time.

the mass filter was in the game from the start, actually. also who the fuck looks at every trash low rarity item they pick up when playing a Diablo style game? that's a complete waste of time

On 4Pro it's 60fps, least feels 60fps

>pick up every trash

well its good for feeding the shrines as offerings for stuff like whetstones and elixars

It's a fantastic game with finite content and is PS4 exclusive. So of course it won't have any discussion here since this board is strictly for Nintendo, souls games, and politics

didn't say not to pick it up, but you don't need to analyze every damn piece. if you're playing through the game you just equip whatever is highest level, stats don't matter until endgame. and once you reach endgame you just craft your shit and you'll know it'll be better than anything you could hope to pick up

>More enemy types
>More coherent levels that aren't labyrinthian 90-degree nightmares to navigate
>Scrap the side missions altogether, none of them were fun
>Fix the shitty elixir system, just give us an estus system for fucks sake
>Nerf the yokais that can 2-shot you at an instant
>Ditch sloth

Has anyone tried this new Temper option?

What exactly does it do?

Why is there a golden pair of shoes on the floor? Is he mentally ill?

>this board is strictly for Nintendo, souls games, and politics
What's really fucked up is that maybe a year ago I would've laughed at this. But seeing this year's complete chimpout during e3 changed everything in my eyes.

What the fuck is this yokai?

You can stab Kelley more than once in the ending.

allows you to pick an agument from a list depending if you got the right new material for it

>this board is strictly for Nintendo, souls games, and politics

I smiled but then I got sad.

Just started the game recently and I'm quite lost as to what stats should I level, theres just so many of them.

Set around the world instead of just Japan, so they can have different area design, music, weapons, armors and most importantly, different spirits based on spirits from different countries.
>amrita pops up in some other country
>have to go to that country to get it
>repeat process all around the world

Dont worry too much about it you can reset them later by buying a vendor item. Just invest in the stats of the weapon you like using.

>william
>from britain

Gee, have they added a patch that undid the retarded de-leveling of everyone for no fucking reason?

They fucked overt literally the entire playerbase because couple faggots glitched to level 999

Please leave, Gerry Adams.

its better balanced this way son

Doesn't the game start in the tower of London? I haven't played the game in months so I don't remember his background precisely.

In what way? It didn't balance, it didn't change the stats or reduce the maximum level. It literally just de-leveled people because they changed the leveling curve for no fucking reason.

You fix leveling curves at launch, not a year after the game came out, fuck off.

Is scotland not a part of britain

>a year
>WAAAA WHY CANT I JUST SPIT ON PEOPLE WHO DIDNT GRIND IN PVP WAAA

Make an endless combat mode thing in the Tower of London where all these amrita experiments were being performed.
The game shouldn't have stopped at 3Kelleys, it should've gone for 7 at least.
We need more excuses for them to play Alchemist II, though we also need some new music, the DLC was a little disappointing in that regard despite it being possible to listen to the entirety of Nobunaga's song now

Nioh William is a Mick, not a Jock.

He's from Ireland

Can you use English, please? I don't speak retard.

Wait a sec, i was playing as a dirty irishman the whole time? Gross

>waa why cant I have free wins in pvp waaa

He had to be, for the sake of his spiritual alignments

What does that have to do with a leveling curve? Are you having a stroke or something? Dude come on, breathe.

Fine lets be serious, they cut the leveling down because of pvp which has its own nerfs and made people actually specialize into some play style instead of all of them

So I just got around to beating this game.

Did a ninja/kura/katana run and it was really fun.

If we're to get a sequel I'd hope we get a better quick item hot bar. Maybe a dedicated heal button.

Immediately restarted and now im doing a magic/spear/2 katana build. Spear so good

I'm sorry dude but that shit still doesn't make any sense to me.

They literally just altered the curve, you can still get the same stats to same levels at same values, like I said, they fucked everyone because a couple people hit max level due to a glitch. Its not a nerf, its fixing a crooked nail with a tactical nuke. If they altered gains, if they lowered maximum level, it would make sense, but as is, it just has no justification. PvP or not.

they did lower the maximum level to 400

Well that fucking blows.

What'd they do to compensate this? Does gear get higher stats now?

max item level is 200 with things being 201 - 210 being super rare

and +15s all over Way of the demon end game

>and +15s all over Way of the demon end game
They drop as +15s?

Did they fix the whole +10 + +15 = +14? Or is that bullshit still a thing?

GUYS

Aprox how much % does having full familiarity increase a weapons damage by compared to having 0?

I'm pretty disappointed we didn't get Maria's saber as a drop, but she's going to show up again, so who knows.

Nobody calculated because it seems to vary per piece, type, and rarity.

William is a weeb, he aint gonna be using non western weapons anymore

so how do people like the new dlc?

>They somehow managed to make a game set in exploration era Japan with a generic sounding boring soundtrack

Amazing, i never thought it was possible. The main menu theme is gorgeous, every other track puts me to sleep with how bland it is.

>Maria
Does she drop anything? I couldn't beat her, re-installed the game data and deleted an old save, starting a new one, because for whatever fucking reason I have no control until the footage fades in completely and she starts moving while the screen is still black, by the time I gain control she's already half way through her chest pierce animation and my character was like level 98 so it was instant-kill. The only thing I could do is file a bug report and retry in hopes whatever was causing the issue is fixed by a clean reinstall.

why the FUCK are you so low level?

recommend level to go on DLC is atleast 150

Didn't need more.
I still wouldn't need more if the game didn't bug out on me.

>complain about getting 1hko
>I dont need anymore

level barely means anything. i cleared WotD like 2 weeks ago and only hit 176. gear and effects are all that matter

In what way are those things mutually exclusive? You did read what I said, right?
I'm not getting killed because of my level, I'm getting killed because I don't gain control until after her grapple attack.

Are you intentionally acting as if you're misunderstanding or do you really not understand what I said?

level means a lot, it can make your life alot easier with certain items from both ninjitsu and onmiyo

as well as Todo clan having stamina scaling on life and making Heavy armor have mid tier rank agility

its almost necessary for pvp

you're still gonna get shitface killed especially on higher difficulties

This game got so ridiculously boring and repetitive that i still havent booted it again after beating the first dlc boss

Can you co-op the whole game yet? I can't believe they took that out of the game before release. I just wanted to play video games with a friend.

What is wrong with you?