Monster Hunter Trailer is view botted...

Monster Hunter Trailer is view botted. I glanced over a thread about this the other day and didn't take it seriously but I was just looking at some of the E3 trailers and this has to be one the most clear examples of view botting ever.

The Monster Hunter World reveal trailer currently has 8.1 million views on youtube. Pretty astounding right? However, total likes+dislikes is only 11k. If you look at the Monster Hunter World gameplay trailer, it has 1.8 million views but its likes+dislikes is 14k. That means that the reveal trailer supposedly got 6x more views but received significantly less interactions (likes+dislikes). For comparison with a similarly viewed video, the Spider Man PS4 reveal received 9.9 million views and 157k likes+dislikes. That means that the Spider man trailer got around 15% more views that the Monster Hunter World trailer yet it received around 15 times more interactions.

Why the fuck would Capcom so blatantly bot the video? It's not like millions of people are gonna see a youtube video has a lot of views and say "hey I better spend $60 on this game now." What is even the benefit?

I don't want to start a console war, I'm sure MHW will be a good game. I just made a thread because I was blown away by how much they botted their trailer.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/most-wished-for/videogames/ref=zg_m_bs__mw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>He likes/dislikes videos
>People are obliged to reach a certain percentage of likes/dislikes because everyone is the same

???

Anyway I found another metric for comparison. The Spider Man PS4 trailer got 20k comments while the Monster Hunter World Trailer got 3k comments.

The Monster Hunter Gameplay trailer that has 6x less views than the reveal trailer also has more comments than the reveal trailer.

>Why the fuck would Capcom so blatantly bot the video? It's not like millions of people are gonna see a youtube video has a lot of views and say "hey I better spend $60 on this game now." What is even the benefit?
It's to dissuade investors from pulling out. Has nothing to do with the consumer.

Have you ever considered the fact that 1 million fans might have watched it 8 times? No? You're an idiot OP.

fucking retard, just because a video has views doesnt mean people like it.
i would literally beat you up in real life for being so dumb.

Oh so you think they're just trying to trick retarded investors to put more money into their company. I could see that. Video game investors tend to be really dumb, like the fact they tell Nintendo to put all their games on smart phones when it would kill their income since smart phone games only sell for a dollar.

Also another interesting fact, the gameplay trailer with 1.8 m views is set to allow you to check view statistics while the more viewed 8.1 m view reveal trailer is set to not allow you to check view statistics.

But the other Monster Hunter trailer which has more likes and comments has only 1.8 m views? So you're telling me people watched the reveal trailer 8 times but watched the gameplay trailer only once?

Nintenbros are this BTFO that they need to cry about view botting! SAD!

Look, when I saw the thread talking about this a few days ago I completely blew it off as retarded conspiracy nonsense. But how the fuck does it have less comments and likes than the other trailer for the same game, yet it had 6-7x more views?

What does this have to do with Nintendo?

Maybe because it's a Japanese game and Japanese people may interact less with this kind of stuff in total than westerners?

It's definitely view botted, but who cares? Every company does shit like this.
Nothing. It's called shitposting.

Or Spiderman has view bots that 'like' their videos

Maybe people didn't want to click either

There's a reason the "b-but nintendo" mspaint comic exists.

Who fucking likes videos?

I made comparisons with another trailer from the same game so those explanations don't work.

Also I want to emphasize, Monster Hunter world will be a good game. I have no doubt whatsoever Monster Hunter world will be a good game. I was just floored by the amount of botting which is why I made a thread.

But i thought this was supposed to be a westernized monhun :thinking:

> It's Westernized!
Buzzword that means nothing.
> It's not a 'real' Monster Hunter!
Made by the A team and confirmed for MH5.
> It's for casuals!
Doesn't have hunter arts.
>View Botting!
Holy fuck, are Switch owners THIS assblasted?

Say what you want about Sonybros, at least they didn't bitch this much and have a total meltdown when MH left the PSP.

It was shit bait user, don't reply to retards

But it's still MH, they still care. It's like if they were a super Japanese CoD. We'd still be discussing it.

Weird, it's like Spiderman is more recognizable worldwide than Monster Hunter....

It's the English trailer, you complete and total retard.

Some butthurt nintendobaby has been forcing his """research""" on supposedy botted MHW trailer for at least a week in every MH thread.

This shit happens literally all the time. With every trailer ever. There are services out there where you can buy views for videos. Some even sell comments.

There isn't a single developer out there who has not bought views/likes/comments for the trailer for their newest game. It's standard practice.

Please don't start a console war in this thread. This thread isn't about Monster Hunter World as a game but about the view botting. If you want to discuss Monster Hunter World as a game go make a new thread.

>this is how desperate they've gotten

>confirmed for mh5
Just like SJ was SMT4, right? Stupid fishposter.

>Please don't start a console war in this thread.
You already did, OP.
>This thread isn't about Monster Hunter World as a game but about the view botting.
Then it's an off-topic thread, because Youtube video viewbotting is not video games.

I know that avoiding a console war altogether with MHW is impossible but that's not why I made the thread. I guess you could argue this is off topic. I'm not sure where else I could have posted this though. I checked if there was a Monster Hunter thread up but there wasn't.

Capcom is desperate to make it seem that more people are interested in World than there actually are. Normies literally waved off World the moment it was shown off because they literally do not care about Monster Hunter, and this is another shitty attempt at Capcom trying to make one of their franchises "appeal to a wider audience".

Are they Amazon wish list botting? It's #19 there.

Switchfags are quickly becoming the most cancerous community on Sup Forums.

Sorry I don't know how Amazon wish list works or even how to check it.

Fuck off Sonyqueer. I'll have you know I also own all other consoles and a gaming pc

amazon.com/gp/most-wished-for/videogames/ref=zg_m_bs__mw

>MHW is on all major platforms
>"Fuck off Sonyqueer"

=(

>Sony fans were forcing the MH5 at E3 shit like months beforehand
>Implying they're not the ones still forcing it
>As if Xbox fans care
>As if PC fans aren't too busy spending their Christmas savings on Steam sales

Square is doing well with the whole 20 buck mobile games.

>I just made a thread because I was blown away by how much they botted their trailer.
I just comment because I was blown away by how much of a tinfoil idiot you are.

Every thread can be summoned up by this picture

Fuck off Poland-kun

>*lock*

>This lasted for like a day
>Yoshi was on there for a week after E3
>Woolly World only sold 1.5 million on WiiU
This shit is going to crash and burn.

fuck off already you nintendo dicksuckers

>Console warring at 4 AM
Fuck off Yuropoor

The game isn't going to come out on the switch, just deal with it

Games are more expensive in europe, idiot

An american would have to work five jobs to make it one day in europe

>nobody's posted it yet
Here you go

>>Games are more expensive in europe, idiot
>But Yuropoors are clearly shown to be the biggest buyers for dudebro shit
>Yuropoor education

Not surprised, nu-capcom treats us like dumbasses, they thought they could get away with SFV

And re-reSF2
And MvCI

maybe monster hunter fans are plebeians who like subscribe comment and upvote?

if it was being view botted I would think it would hit more like 3 mil too. I suspect its more of the same people viewing it again and again to deconstruct mechanics and differences from the mainline series.

I still think normies aren't gonna eat it up the way some suspect.

>Monster Hunter Trailer is view botted
Why are people so desperate to come up with this shit just because of views to rating ratio is not the same as the normie games?

Speaking of which. Before this shitposting thread gets cleaned up.
How do youtube views even work? Can the same person give more than one view to the video if they watch it multiple times?
Do you have to watch the entire thing, without skipping? Or does simply opening a video count?
What about the featured video on some profiles' main page? It automatically starts playing then you open the page, does it count as a view?

Auto views don't count. Skipped ads don't count. After 300 views they check for unique views. 1 device can only give 1 view under normal circumstances. They will set a certain amount of time watched to count a view. Looping does not count.

>tinfoil idiot

Not OP, but you're a retard if you don't find it extremely suspicious that the like/view ratio of a youtube video is so off.
user, you can like the game without being in denial about something so fucking obvious.

>extremely suspicious like/view ratio of a youtube video
Nobody in sound mind would even think about some insignificant and far-fetched bullshit like this.
That's exactly why he called you a tinfoil idiot. And he was right in doing so.

SEETHING. Hope you're buying 50 copies or it's coming back to Nintendo for good.

>SEETHING
Is this some code phrase used by nintendobabies to be identified and get banned easier?

I just said I'm not OP in the beginning of my post, if your reading comprehension is anything to go by, it's no fucking surprise you lack common sense. Look at all the examples provided for the views, likes, and comments:

Every E3 trailer has a normal amount of likes for the number of views it has, except for Monster Hunter, which has a ridiculously low number of likes/dislikes for the number of views it has. Any explanation you can come up with would be far more fucking far-fetched than the video simply being view-botted, which is no fucking surprise because Capcom is trying to push MH to be more mainstream.

>I-I'm not OP! I swear!

I'm a long time MH player and I never, ever like/dislike or comment on youtube, because why the fuck would I waste as much as moving a finger to do something unnecessary as that? Am I a bot now?
This entire "like/view ratio" argument is so arbitrary and nonsensical it isn't worth time thinking about, let alone making threads day after day.

It's funny because I know for a fact I'm not OP, and you're the one fooling yourself into thinking that. I win but you don't know it.

You're implying MH fans will all have the same mentality and not like or comment on a MH video. Okay, I'll tell you I watched the trailer too, and I liked the video, now we can conclude the video was view-botted, because I liked the video so that must mean everyone else is like me and liked it.
If you think the argument isn't working thinking about then don't discredit people who actually made the observation and found evidence while you just ignore it.

isn't worth* thinking about

Japan is treating it as a spin-off.
The reception of this thing on it's target market, the US PS4 user-base, is very well reflected on the crowd of the Sony conference after the reveal.
This thing is dead on arrival.

Now THIS is autism!

>Being this upset that monster hunter is finally evolving
wew

I thought it was kind of funny how so many people thought the beginning of the Mario Odyssey trailer was Monster Hunter, even after it was revealed it's a regular T-Rex. Just shows the series is so niche nobody knows shit about it.

The idea that "Monster Hunter fans just don't like/dislike/comment YouTube videos" is already discredited in the OP. The Monster Hunter World gameplay video has 1/6 of the view count but 3,000 more likes/dislikes compared to the reveal trailer.

Was it just me or did that big T-rex on the gameplay trailer have a really disgusting looking protruding fleshy thing that pops out of his head when it gets enraged, like it looks like a fucking tumor or something.

Why are people denying this? It's obvious viewbotting

No, you're thinking of Mario Odyssey

My guess it's that its ebin trolls falseflagging because it's hilarious to argue against something that is so obviously true, making their side look pathetic

No that fucking cancer looking thing right there you nonce, it looks fucking disgusting.

That is some dedication. Are you saying we're unknowingly fighting our own bros?

OwO!? What's this?

MHW is MH5, devs said so

then why come it isn't called MH5? Do you think they'll stop with numerical titles?

I guarantee that there will be a MH5

Stop typing already.

>Misusing OPM gifs for your shilling purposes
Fuck off

Don't worry bro, I am the creator of the original image and I am glad that it's making rounds here and on Twitter.

No chance is the "other side" is arguing in your place to discredit you down the road

ok but how am i shilling?

Because in case this fails they can pull the ol' THIS IS THE REAL MH5 NOW to re-generate hype.

You're a fucking child.

I just used it as an example to show how outrageous your claims are. Different people do different things, and different youtube videos have different view/like ratios. This isn't an "evidence" of anything other than some people's autism.

It's not viewbotted.
It has been heavily 'promoted' and featured on third party sites in the form of what is essentially an advertisement.

This means that the majority of those watching the video are not logged in to the first party site to be able to like or dislike it.

People are just looking at the data and drawing the conclusion that fits their preference without actually thinking about it.
The "plateau" in views is not due to some bot being turned off arbitrarily, it's because that was the end of their promotion period on third party sites.

why should i care

DELETE THIS CAPCOM EMPLOYEE SHILL JEW REEEEE

you are retarded.

just because they didn't click the like button doesn't mean they are a bot

I barely click like/dislike because I use like button as a way to make a quick music playlist, addint things to fav require at least 2 clicks and I'm super lazy so I use like button instead.

>title with an unanounced release date next fucking year
>title just over 2 months from release
>pre-ordering for any reason

I'm as excited for World as anyone, and I hadn't even considered that Amazon would already have it up for order.
Also, its in top 50 since that was captured.

They're lying to their shareholders probably.

I'm sure they weren't too keen on the idea of a non-handheld Monster Hunter.

Show me those adverts

or will you suddenly fail to provide proof like you did every thread before this one

>on PC
>not handheld

Excuse me?