Which one is the least dogshit?

Which one is the least dogshit?

3 this isn't debatable unless you're a troglodyte minecraft faggot

Give me ONE (1) reason why Fallout 4 is worse than Fallout 3.

fuck you faggot do your own research. No bump for your shitty thread, sage

No forced crafting system, pause exploration, no forced meeting with a black man in the beginning of the game, Washington DC.

no GOTY edtion for FO4

3 by a mile
the intros alone showcase the difference in competence

4's voiced dialogue severely hampered the story and got rid of tard speech

>dialogue wheel
>forced minecraft bullshit
>unambiguously evil and good factions
>removal of skill points
>why the fuck doesn't the institute just make all of their synths have the same personality as coursers and fix all their problems

tbqh I think I'm being trolled

Its better to attempt to be a good RPG and fail than try not to be an RPG at all. So 3 wins by default.

4 is what happens when a horse fucks a donkey.

>4's voiced dialogue severely hampered the story and got rid of tard speech
But user, all of the dialogue in 3 and 4 is tard speech.

I'll give you one good reason. In fact, I'll give you four ways ways to say it too.

[Perception 10] So you're saying you fight the good fight.. n shiet?

Underrated

Fallout 3 actually has dialogue that isn't 100% linear

[Intelligence 10] YOU'RE AN ABOMINATION, YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF.

Can't argue with that time to pull the plug

>fallout 4
>all the dialogue consists of is questions and SARCASTIC YES, YES, YES, NO (BUT ACTUALLY A YES LATER)

heh

>Its better to attempt to be a good RPG and fail than try not to be an RPG at all. So 3 wins by default.
But one obviously plays better
and both barely classify as RPGs anyways

3 is honestly one of the worst games I've ever played, Fallout 4 was just disappointing.

underage detected

>played a game a decade ago and didn't like it
>underage
?

if FO3 is ''one of the worst games you've ever played", you're probably born yesterday

Fallout 4 is a better game with narrative problems, both the gameplay and writing of fallout 3 are absolutely dog shit, but its the cool thing on the Sup Forums hive mind to hate the new game and pretend that the old shit is flawless, watch as people praise skyrim and fallout 4 to high heaven when the next elder scroll/fallout game comes out.

FO:NV>FO4>FO:3

Since both fallout 4 and 3 were made solely by bethesda, its only natural that the writing would be shit, New vegas suffers from the same intolerable gameplay that needs at least ten mods to be playable, but the writing and the atmosphere of the game is infinitely better.

New vegas also gets a free extra point for removing the retarded karma system.

it's irredeemably bad. It looks like shit, is probably the last game with FPS elements to ever be released with no iron sights, the gunplay is terrible even notwithstanding that, the story is a cliche-ridden nonsensical pile of trash, the settlements make no sense, the Brotherhood of Steel is retconned to be le good guys, there's no faction choices, the dialogue and especially the skill checks are indefensible, and the DLC is just a plain waste of money. Unless you go out of your way to play shitty games it would be hard to find anything worse. Even compared to Oblivion, which is probably the least beloved TES game, it's half-assed at best.

Not to mention another studio was given like a fifth of the time to use the same assets and engine to make a spin-off and blew it out of the water, but this isn't a NV circlejerk so I won't go too far into that.

>New vegas also gets a free extra point for removing the retarded karma system.
They didn't remove it though, they fucked it up even more. Reputation is a much better measurement for your good and evil actions, though.

nah, reputation is messed up too, I literally killed the NCR president and wipe out all ranger outposts and they still like me just cuz I ran some errand for them early on

4. Everyone else is a dumbfuck redditor who just jumped on the hate train. 3 had just as garbage writing as 4 while not even having slightly decent gameplay and gun customization like 4 has.

most of the story-related shit you complain about, including narrative mechanics is around 10x worse or limited in FO4

you just like that game because it has iron sights

well, woo-hoo

If you killed the president by that point in the game you must have been declared a terrorist a few missions beforehand. No way in hell they still like you; NCR will be hostile on sight.

yeah, if a game is going to be an FPS vaguely disguised as an RPG it should at least get the former somewhat right. Fallout 4 had the same retarded story as 3 but at least stuff like the gunplay and weapon and armor customization was somewhat enjoyable. Fallout 3 had like 14 weapons in it and they may as well have been reskinned bows from Oblivion. In fact I'm not entirely convinced they weren't.

didnt know my mom wrote fallout 4

No, they gave me the quest to protect him, but then I decide to get the perk where I cannibalize all the leader's flesh so it's not a Legion quest

at least 4 had some cool power armor

3, since TTW exists

4 has better core gunplay at the expense of actual RPG elements.

3's story also isn't nearly as shitty as 4's, even though it's still really shitty. 3 also has memorable side quests, unlike 4.

Not to mention 4 basically hampers any ability to actually ROLEPLAY due to its dialog changes and reliance on a character that actually has a fully established background.

Even the Witcher series, a series about a guy who has just one role to roleplay, still leaves a lot of things open for you to choose. In Fallout 4, you're basically forced to do something a certain way.

>But one obviously plays better
Another reason 3 was better.

3 is actually a RPG

I can't tell if people in this thread genuinely think 3's dialogue, story and "roleplaying" are in any way good, or if they're just siding with it given the choice between it and 4.

>that jarring difference in lighting, character depth, and BoS motivations
>plus realizing herbert walked his ass from the west coast to the east coast just to plop down and root himself

Given 4's are not only worse, but there's less of them due to the limited dialog system, it's kind of hard to argue that 4 is better.

Bethesda just needs to fucking fire Emil as their writer already. He's done nothing but shit up the stories of the games he's written for.

>are in any way good
They aren't very good, but it's still better than what Fallout 4 has to offer.

I prefer 4, gunplay isn't as stiff, and I like the more compact feeling of the Commonwealth.
Building settlements is pretty lame, but there's some sweet crafting mods.

>If 4 had the exact same RPG elements with its current gunplay
Fallout 4
>Since Fallout 4 isn't an actual RPG anymore
Fallout 3

If I wanted to play a post apocalyptic shooter, I'd just play STALKER.

can we all agree that the companion variety are lacking though?
most of them hate drug use
most of them hate murder
most of them hate cannibalism
and this is all unanimously
The most tolerant companion in 4 is a supermutant and a dog because "lel 2 stupid to give a fuck"
and 3 was just "goody checks"

>unanimously
meant uncompromosingly

4 thanks to Survival Mode.

>Get FWE for Fallout 3
>Experience a proper survival mode that dwarves Fallout 4's shitty attempt

Unless your a console faggot, in which case, how the fuck are you able to tolerate Bethesda's games without mods?

I guess I'll have to turn right back around.

They're a step up from the cardboard cut-out robots that they tried to pass for companions in 3, but yes I really hated their no fun allowed moral code. It's a really shitty replacement for the karma and reputation system, and they way too fucking biased against "evil" characters, like the rest of the game really.

stalker's guns literally break down after 2 mags

Fallout 4 has more total content, but Fallout 3 has better replay value. The settlement-building in particular in FO4 is pretty tedious. Defenses are damn near meaningless because you NEVER get attacked. Even if you do get attacked you can 100% automate your defense and just stand and watch as the tard-raiders charge nuts-first into a battery of autoturrets. Once the shooting stops you go out, collect loot and move on.

The crafting system in FO4 has potential but at the same time seems.. shallow, despite it's depth. It just feels soulless.

I like how everybody forgets that FO4 has actual faction choices and companions with better personalities and reaction with both the player and each other.

i'm just happy to finally have a reason to pick up those tin cans and plates

3 isn't debatable unless you're retarded.

Fallout 4 is the best game of this generation it's skyrim and mass effect rolled into one with minecraft 3 gotys combined

Yeah they're awful, I only stick with Dogmeat honestly.

the biggest flaw in the FO4 modding system has got to be how it can make the hotkey equiptimes a fucking death sentence in the middle of combat

Fuck off retard. Get your shit opinion out of this thread

There's 5 companions who are mean and love it when you are.

>FO4 has actual faction choices and companions with better personalities and reaction
Though I for sure can say the companions aren't ever grating like those fucks you save in concorde
Lyon was less annoying than preston
But Marcy and Jun need to shut the fuck up with their debbie downer/cringe/rude horseshit

pull the plug

[Luck 1] I tried many times