prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJJ2q759MFQ
mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/637435774162436101
youtube.com/watch?v=6RlSgnpLbro
youtube.com/watch?v=KfwteoZCvoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree.
I love the gameplay. TPP was the first playable and fun game made by Kojima.

Fixed

>MGS2 above 3
completely accurate

Both MGS2 and MGS3 are complete games with Kojimas vision in tact.

Kojima is an overrated piece of chink garbage.

2 you mean. 3 was made as damage control for normalfags

ICECUBES

>MGSV bases are designed to require no skill to navigate through, even if you don't fulton every enemy away there's no reason to be careful to your approach because you will never get caught unless you run around like a tard. This eliminates any challenging stealth, even though it has so many options that could make for interesting stealth gameplay
>MGS V open world is barren. It serves no purpose to the gameplay besides bases, which are shit
>MGS V has no worthwhile or interesting bosses. All the "Bosses" in MGSV are either a rip off metal gear fight or health sponge enemies. Both of these offer no interesting situations for the player and can be ultimately defeated by sitting somewhere and shooting at them, or just running away. Compare that to MGS 3 with a plentiful of unique bosses that require different skills from the player and MGS 2 with multiple boss encounters that use different types of combat
>MGS V has a fuckton of loading screens
>MGS V has no worthwhile conclusion to it's story, at all, in anyway. It only serves to retcon shit
>almost all of MGS V's interesting content is stuck in the recordings
>HUEY

this

Huey is objectively a better character than Otacon.

>nonlethal headshot five bases
>soldiers now have helmets

Tell me that's not fuckin based.

Prove me wrong

FPS aiming broke the game since the level layout and boss fights where not originally designed with it in mind.

>No Fukushima
>Good
Try again

This.

Give me a few hours. I'll do it now if you pay me, though.

>people are defending huey
I agree it's amazing, the enemy tech and versatility of the stealth systems put in place are so well done I can't fathom why they didnt give the same care to the actual area required for stealth to occur. open world effectively ruined MGS V's gameplay for meaning anything. Also fultoning, partners, thermal and tracking googles

Off the top of my head:

1. Gray Fox's voice in TTS is objectively worse
2. 2's mechanics in MGS1 fucking break the game
3. Cutscenes go way too far over the top to be cool, to far to even be ironically cool.

you act like cuckushima did anything but burn the series down. its famously known that he would have meltdowns in the office, and once he left he tore the series apart due to his tryphophagis rampage temper fits he would have

>including things like music and voice acting for mgs1
>mgs3 story>2
Otherwise accurate

>Cutscenes go way too far over the top to be cool, to far to even be ironically cool.
t. casual
youtube.com/watch?v=gJJ2q759MFQ

MGS2 is terrible. unplayable due to the graphics alone.

real snake > fake snake.
(even when 2 has faggot riden who sis faggot and should be raped to death horribly)
your opinion is shit now fuck of normy cunt!

Also, Fukushima isn't even a factor. Just compare that 4 pixel shitty gameboy color garbage to this beautiful scene from mgs v. no argument m80

My man. Recognizing that TPP is the purest form of Metal Gear.

What I wanted to create at that time, though, was not a "shoot 'em up" but a new type of intelligent, strategic action game, one in which you would sneak into enemy territory alone.
Nowadays, Metal Gear is known as the forerunner to the "stealth" genre. But my original goal was somewhat different. The primary concept was not only to progress in the game undetected; my goal was to design an "infiltration simulator", in which you penetrate enemy territory alone, constantly having to figure out how to complete your mission and survive - an experience further enhanced by the presence of a plot similar to those of adventure novels.
The problem was that creating a game where each player could freely infiltrate enemy bases was impossible with the technology and hardware available at the time. There was no background loading, and even scrolling screens was not possible on the MSX2.
What I really wanted to accomplish, however, was to offer the player the possibility of "free infiltration". Stealth is only one aspect of infiltration. In mathematical terms, this might be expressed by the formula: "free infiltration [superset] stealth". From that perspective, the original Metal Gear was simply the first step in a much longer process.

Throughout these 28 years the series has evolved as new technology has become available, although to date all previous games were linear. Finally, I could revisit my original concept of "free infiltration" from all those years ago.
The result is a game where you look at your map and wonder: "Which route should I take? How do I reach my objective? At what time of day? With what equipment? How do I complete this mission? How do I leave the hot zone once I'm done? And how do I run my own base?" Metal Gear Solid V is the culmination of all those "infiltration games" that started with the first in the series.

thanks bro. real niggas got my back

typical normie. calls everything he disagrees with bait.

>Calls someone a normie
>Unironically likes Phantom Vidcon over genuine masterpieces like Sons of Kino and Ludo Eater

GET ON THE BOAT, HUEY

MGS pleb threads are just about the saddest things on Sup Forums

I miss caramel, too bad he killed himself

you're the saddest thing on Sup Forums

you're projecting

But user, 2 + 3 = 5, it's not greater than.

I like all the metal gear games for their own reasons (MGS was an amazing stealth/adventure game ahead of it's time, MGS2 had an amazing story on par with Deus Ex, MGS: Peacewalker had a fun cast of characters and a cool base building concept, and MGS5 had an amazing sandbox to play around with when infiltrating bases) except for MGS3 and MGS4. They both had interesting stories and wrapped things up nicely but I found them boring as shite. Then there's MG:Rising which was weeb bait with DUDE RULES OF NATURE.

2 + 3 = 5, OP.

Yikes, no. It isn't better than each of those two games alone, let alone those two games together.

>using yikes
Hello neogaf

Replace it with "fuck", point still stands.

>no interesting bosses
>main villain is a joke
>open world meme
>several story arks go nowhere
>one of the most forced characters is completely unimportant and can be killed early in the game which will have absolutely no impact on the story
>little to no variety in approach to taking on your enemies, about 10% of all the shit that you could do in 2/3 in terms of gameplay mechanics

I know it's a poor bait, but god damn I mad.

Anyone who seriously believes that OP pic is correct, should literally kill themselves.

are there any good mods?

Didn't play it on PC but getting rid of timers for weapon developments and all the micro-transaction bullshit is a must-have

2+3=5 you retard

> MGS1
> best cast of characters

nigger....

only Naomi, Frankie and Snake were good

Liquid is probably one of the weakest antagonists in the whole series

Otacon's "MUH WAIFU,DON'T HURT HER" shenanigans get really cringey quickly as well

and all in all, the Foxhound Unit is rather forgettable with the exception of Ocelot and Mantis
((not counting waifubait Sniper Wolf))

V isn't a number you idiot

oh, so you're saying Phantom Pain isn't MGS5 then?

So this is the effect of all the summer fag tpp bandwagoners

All I'm saying is V isn't a number you retard

well technically PW is MGS5, but it depends whether you read the V in MGSV as a roman numeral or the letter V. Kojima says its definitely MGSV, not MGS5

mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/637435774162436101

shut up caramel

Infinite Heaven and the additional side ops add-on to that modification, as well as offline mode, are must-haves.

2>3

The V stands for Virtual. The events of MGSV did not happen.

>being called caramel
>dislike ruse cruisers with a passion

anyway, the game's very deliberately called V instead of 5. None of this 'DS is P.T. is chapter 3' bollocks. Like its 'Metal Gear: Venom'

>Liquid is probably one of the weakest antagonists in the whole series
>hot coldman
>volgin

V is for this board
Sup Forums has come to

the game was designed from the ground up to get Sup Forumsirgins to complain about it

Bump

on a gameplay aspect I cant.

However, music, story, atmosphere, easter eggs is another story.

4 and 5 both have pretty good gameplay, controlling snake/bb feels pretty good. Older games have more interesting story but controlling snake in them feels like he's permanently slogging through molasses.

4 was a good conclusion to snake

>to snake
agreed, but nearly everything else was shat on

>mfw mmy ps3 broke so i'm stuck to playing mgsv

eh

wait, 4 had gameplay?

gameplay wise, 100%

Nothing to defend Huey, he just a better character

broken mgs2 gameplay not optimized for mgs1 world design.
you either fully commit to an actual remake or fully commit on altering the world and balance it to the new and different gameplay.

LOL "infiltrating" enemy territory in TPP is as hard as entering a grocery store during business hours. There's no element of survival since you have infinite regenerating health, no stamina to worry about and essentially limitless supplies thanks to care packages. The objectives are dead simple and without fail higlighted by a big bright objective markers, no brain activity needed in their completion.

I just got MG Rising. Damn this game is pretty good, especially the soundtrack:

youtube.com/watch?v=6RlSgnpLbro
youtube.com/watch?v=KfwteoZCvoY

in your windows 98 computer, maybe

>1, 2, 3
People with a brain.
>IV, V
Brainlets

>Twin Snakes
Certified geniuses only.

Prove me wrong.

DEATH STRANDING IS SILENT HILLS
MGS V IS NOT THE REAL MGS 5
MGS 5 IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER 3 WILL BE A PATCH WHERE WE REVISIT CAMP OMEGA

Fukushima only did the codec and radio calls, but yeah, he was very important.