General threads for various games are starting to crop up on Sup Forums again

>General threads for various games are starting to crop up on Sup Forums again
>Despite being a thing

So, are we going to shut down at some point then? What's the deal?

Show me one "general"on the board right now fucko.
And why does it bother you so much? You can just not go into those threads

There's a few right there.

>You can just not go into those threads
Or, they can just go to where these threads already exist.

/vg/ is complete garbage, even worse than Sup Forums if you can believe it
long running threads become cancerous hives of name/trip/avatarfagging

/vg/ is just massive circle jerking over the same subjects. It's essentially no better than Reddit.

Great example is Fallout general. Almost nobody talks about New Vegas anymore. It's all Fallout 4 and what the hottest big titted sluts mod on the Nexus is.

because /vg/ is for tripfags and circlejerking

/vg/ is good for getting knowledge about games, not so much discussion. They have more of a "hivemind" there than what a lot of faggots claim Sup Forums has.

If I want to discuss fighting games, I'd better be prepared to only talk about SFV, Tekken 7, or Xrd on the rare occasion. If I want to talk about Skullgrills or any other game, the discussion never picks up. They'd all rather talk about how much they want to sniff Juri's feet than actual fighting games.

Honestly, I'd say /vg/ should be shut down, but then all the tripfags would come here and shit up any general threads we would have anyway.

Best to keep them contained there circlejerking away while the actual discussion happens on Sup Forums.

>lists reasons why /vg/ is shit
>sounds EXACTLY like Sup Forums
Ummm what's the problem??

yeah and i see retro threads too wtf

Nothing

what a horribly shit thread

>long running threads become cancerous hives of name/trip/avatarfagging
but that's exactly why it was made, it's a containment board

exactly, that's why they need to stay there so we can discuss vidya here

/vg/ was always a terrible idea. I mean, the only reason why it even cropped up was because meme shitters were complaining about not being able to shit out their meme threads because people were actually discussing video games.

I mean really. Discussing games? On a board made to discuss video games? Surely this is madness, and Sup Forums should only contain shitposts.

too much ass

>video games
>>>/reddit/

>implying any of these are generals

you must be new because those new vegas threads are never not up. it doesn't have to have the word "general" in it. also those stupid stormblood threads

Sometimes I want to talk about TF2 with people that aren't filthy spic tripfags.

Why do you keep making these threads? Be honest, where did fallout NV touch you? And was it stormblood that held you down?

Fuck off fag

and check my 5

you dropped that 5 let me get that for you:

I can hear him.

Thanks but i already got it back:

So I don't understand what you want.

Lets say there is a TF2 and its a thread about a particular character.

I want to make a post about a particular map I don't like in Tf2

I'm supposed to make another TF2 thread for that when the game's playerbase is already rounded up?

That sounds like it would just contribute to the boards already way too fast pace. I'm not saying generals are good (they are reddit to the core in fact) but I'm not sure what you want from this site

Step it up

You need to open your eyes!

Except the discussion in that thread isn't solely focused on NV, some of it is, but a good portion is also the other fallout games, some shitposting, etc. I agree threads that just solely say "x thread" without having a topic of discussion are hidden generals, but none of the one's you showed are. There's a difference between a general thread and a thread that's just focused on things related to the game. If the XIV threads are still around after a week and only has 1/3-4 poster ratio, sure it's a general. Right now that shit was just released, so it's better than having shitpost all over the board

Let's be honest. Nobody really truly discusses games on Sup Forums.

The generals posted about in this thread, I mean, look at the Skullgirls one. It's not about the game, but rather, how much they want to fuck the characters. That's always the case for those threads on Sup Forums. New Vegas threads are essentially just filled with memes and shitposting, never discussion.

On /vg/, there's actual discussion. Skullgirls threads actually talk about strategies and balance (while still having the "I want to fuck X responses). Fallout threads actually discuss things like lore and actually do discuss New Vegas (as it's the only good modern Fallout game). I really don't know why generals are on here, unless some people are just so autistically triggered by a tripcode that they feel like they can't discuss a game for some reason.

People who complain about removing discussion that isn't against the rules often have some kind of personal vendetta or are too stupid to use the catalog or filters

But /vg/ sucks so we need to do the exact same thing here!

Generals as a concept are flawed because you can only discuss the same subject so much before it falls under the usual issues people complain about, /vg/ is also too fast, slow boards can manage their generals better because you can leave the threads alone for a couple of hours until someone has something meaningful to post

tripfags will tripfag

/vg/ is mainly a containment board for those with high amounts of estrogen
you do NOT want them to migrate back

Except you don't discuss vidya. You just circlejerk and waifufag. Pot meets kettle

there's less of it