How the FUCK do I beat him?

how the FUCK do I beat him?

I pumped 120 missiles and 30 super missiles into him and he's not dying

Other urls found in this thread:

metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Flash
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Step 1. Don't die.
Step 2. Charged shots work.
Step 2a. Selecting the power bombs and charging up the Wave, Spazer, Plasma, or Ice beams will perform a special beam attack that uses a power bomb.

Shoot at him until he dies

I literally just finished super metroid for the first time today. I had less than half as much health or items as you and I beat him. Git gud

1) Let the tank build aggro
2) DPS on both sides
3) Slowly do damage, don't get kicked into the whelps
4) In the next phase aoe down the whelps, continue to do damage but dont overaggro

why would u play super metroid when you could play the far superior Zero Mission?

pleb

Keep shooting until he dies.

Seriously that's how you beat him.

It doesn't take 120 missiles to kill him. It's more like 50 normal missiles. Are they hitting him?

I'm playing in story order

I beat Zero Mission, I'm waiting for the 3DS remake of II, I'm playing Super on my 3DS and I'm playing Fusion right after

I feel like they are I'm gonna give it another shot

UNLOAD ON HIS ASS

>super metroid

wait nvm, I thought zero mission was a super metroid remake :/

why havent they remade super metroid on the gameboy? Zero mission was such a fantastic game.

Get good OP. I'm fighting ridley in Super Metroid Redesign: Axiel and the fucker barely changes colour after unloading 120 missiles/30 supers into him.

Ridley has 4800 health.

Missiles do 20 damage
Super Missiles do 60 damage

Meaning he did 2400 damage with regular missiles and 1800 damage with super missiles. Meaning he did around 4200 damage.

OP you needed to use 30 more missiles or 10 more super missiles. If you have the charge ice/wave/plasma beam, you only need like 4-5 more hits.

Thanks

Can you use super bombs on him?

1. Git
2. Gud

>why havent they remade super metroid on the gameboy
Because it's already perfect.

how new?

Play the original and II, you fucking pansy.

HAHA i fucked up

Oh so new

Actually i just don't do it enough and forgot how the syntax for this board, i'm on other boards a lot
I've been here 10 years

kill me

ctrl+s idiot

POP HIM FULL OF LEAD

What a failure

It's time to stop living friend

2 is shit and so is the original on NES

Metroidfags need to stop pretending that the series wasn't complete trash until Super Metroid came out and saved it

Oh, I agree. I came to that conclusion over 20 years ago. I just haven't wanted to bother anybody with being dead.

I FUCKING DID IT

LITERALLY 60 HEALTH LEFT EVEN AFTER USING THE 2 RESERVE TANKS I HAD

FUCK RIDLEY

THAT WAS FUCKING HARD FUCK

this is a cute thread :3

>Caring about other people

Just be yourself man

Congrat

good job user

Protip, ctrl+s is your friend

how shit am I if it took me 3 tries to beat ridley in zero mission

congrats, you're a true bounty hunter now

I had more trouble with the guys you fight before him

OP here

Ridley took me literally 1 try in ZM and he took me 7 times here.

Zero Mission was way easier

fug

>yfw he grabbed you when you had 60 health left only to blow up

It's a common scripted routine, if you know what you're doing you can manipulate it to kill him much faster than usual.

What the FUCK is Ridley's problem anyway?

ridley is complete joke in ZM for sure.

The biggest ridley joke is the Fusion one. I don't know many who didn't kill him first try.

Fuck, sorry for spoilering.

what makes him hard is if you try and use your super missles, if you go into the fight trying to use all your normal missles on him he is much easer.

I mean you spam the crap out of normal missles, aiming up at his head. he dies before you know it.

>AFTER USING THE 2 RESERVE TANKS I HAD
Wait, you can have two reserve tanks in Super?

fucking annoying little shits. They change to yellow so i thought i had to use the green roll on them, but i was supposed to shoot them.

you can get up to 4 iirc

isn't it better to just charge your beam to kill the fucker?

that's a fucking 50 dkp minus

>how the FUCK do I beat him?
>I pumped 120 missiles and 30 super missiles into him and he's not dying
It takes 30 super missiles to kill him you fucking mong. Drop a power bomb at the start too. charged shots work too. bear in mind he doesnt die immediately after taking all his health.

I'm gonna miss Miiverse.

I have no idea why but the difficulty suddenly drops sharply once you get the plasma beam (From the second fight with the security robutt IIRC).

Fusion is actually kind of a pain for a newbie before that part.

It takes a shitton of time to beat him with normal missiles, just use charged shots if you finish your super missiles

OP here I just beat the game

Finished in 8:13 hours with a 62% completion rate

Mother Brain was 10x easier than ridley

good job OP

>only 62%

casual

See that's the one issue I find about Super Metroid. Difficulty. It's not a difficult game by any means, but the way mother brain is one of the easier bosses is really weird.

Mother Brain is more or less a cutscene boss anyway, it makes sense that she's easy.
Difficulty isn't a problem in the nonlinear Metroid games. You're supposed to find your own difficulty.

Mother Brain isn't so much an end boss as a fan service reward before the real end boss which is the planet itself.

this except it was a week ago

well you tried friendo

thanks

you can have four(4) user. got two(2) first time and then all my second playthrough

stop it

Thanks for reminding me that I should buy a New 3DS Xl so I can play Super Metroid on the go without relying on subpar emulation

>playing Fusion last
Saving the best for last, I see. Good call.

SNES emulation is prefect just about everywhere senpai.

not on snes

Ummm why are you playing this now and not waiting for the snes mini? Very thoughtless of you.

Protip: Ridley in Fusion telegraphs his attacks with audio cues. Be sure to wear headphones and have the sound turned up.

He could be playing it on his Nintendo Co Ltd Wii™ and Wii U™ consoles, or recently purchased it via the E-Shop™ on his New Nintendo 3DS™ handheld gaming device.

You have to do it before the battle too or you'll miss the neat little nod to Super hidden in his audio. It's really quiet too.

Theres a secret ability in super metroid a lot of people know. I think ive only ever had to use it once and i think it was against ridley. Its pretty fucking cool when you get it to work though.
metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Flash

When I replay super metroid or play some romhack I can never remember how it's done. It's a weird ass trick.

However I also played Super Metroid for the first time back in 2009 and just recently learned how to consistently bomb jump without any issues. Wall jumping is the easiest thing but I never managed the timing on bomb jumping up until now.

fuck you fag

>You have to do it before the battle too or you'll miss the neat little nod to Super hidden in his audio. It's really quiet too.
Elaborate please?

user's doing a funne trole, the joke is that Ridley is loud and annoying

this is the same guy that posted WHY CANT METROID CRAWL

other miiverse users helped him through the game and at the end he said he enjoyed it

the system served its intended purpose

I haven't had a chance to post this .gif in a while, but this thread seems appropriate

mfw this motherfuckers appear in metroid fusion as well but arent as mobile

because I can pirate it on my 3DS

Yeah, I played ZM right after super and thought for sure when he died so quickly he would turn into meta Ridley or something.

>he had to pirate metroid fusion into his 3ds
>he didnt get it as a gift with the ambassador program

what a pleb

>Being a sucker who spent $250 fucking dollars on a weak ass portable system with no games at launch

Screw attack goes through everything but his tail, you're pretty much invincible on air.

I can't even find gba or snes games to work on my 3DS. They all freeze up. Gateway is a kill

>10 energy tanks
jesus what are you doing you don't even have to dodge literally just shoot until it dies. first time i only had 4 tanks

There wouldn't really be much point to remaking Super. There's not much that needed to be improved upon.

>Other bosses involve exploiting weaknesses and avoiding their attacks
>Ridley is literally a damage race
Why is Ridley such a terrible boss in the 2D Metroids?

He can't go underneath just hide there and let your health regen

>Step 2a. Selecting the power bombs and charging up the Wave, Spazer, Plasma, or Ice beams will perform a special beam attack that uses a power bomb.
What?

beam combos nigga

charged plasma does more damage

i swear i made that gif years ago.

Have power bombs selected.
Have only one beam active.
Charge up for two seconds.

Also try going into morph ball while charging.

I just did my first 15% run the other day and was shocked when Ridley was the easiest boss in the entire run.

Even Mua was harder.

What items did you pick up? I've always wanted to do a low% Super run but it seems pretty challenging

I can never seem to do a low % under 3 hours, I always need super missiles to get the job done quick

I was blocked by Ridley in my

oh you were talking ZM, nevermind

why weren't you doing 9% then?

>62%
Congratulations on beating the game with a grade of F.