FUCK YOU ITS NOT OVERRATED ITS THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE

FUCK YOU ITS NOT OVERRATED ITS THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE

nice thread OP

wasn't even the best FF game

Greatest game ever is a strech but yea it's pretty good. Beat it this year and it's probably the best FF game i've played, also better than most JRPGs

This, both VI and IX easily surpass it.

>VI
Shit dialogue.
>IX
Cool, I can finally start using the characters I want at the end of the game.

>VI
>Surpassing anything

ff9 was better

FFV>>>>>>>>FFVII

>walk
>Shsnuuuhhhuuiiiihshhuuuuiiii
>Random battle number 4096#!!
Grrreat mechanic!!

XDEATHXXXKILLSLAYEr

Nah, villain was shit.

Get a chocobo moron.

It has flaws.

I played it a billion times growing up and bought that awful anime dvd that came out.

ain't nobody better say FFVIII was good, with its stupid story, junctions, card games, and boring graphics and interface

i can see why this was the ultimate game in 1997, when you were poor, your family could only afford the off-brand console, and it was going to be four months till the next new game you saw

but those times are over, it was really a lesser title in the series

Vivi is the cutest.

FFVIII was better but level scaling is always a bad thing in games

FFVIII wasn't good, it was fucking great.

People that don't realize, better download a rom and an emulator right now and play it. Pay attention this time.

Card game was awesome tho. Story, as hokey as it is, is still heartwarming. I'm not going to say FF8 is a good game but it has heart.

Let's just all admit that the sphere grid is the best way to Level Up

>FFVIII was better
Fans had to force themselves to believe some off the wall shit about Squall being dead because the the story gets so fucking retarded. So, it's better in what way?

Nothing with turn based combat against ai is good.

FFVIII had it all figured out.

Those who paid attention could use the junction system to their advantage while plebs cried about the level scaling.

it was so tedious past the standard path though.

i'd bet your favorite Final Fantasy game is 13.

>So, it's better in what way?
Music, visuals, gameplay, characters, battle system, etc

It is a great game. One that in a large way helped to define it's genre. All jrpg fans should play it.

And story, if you remove the orphanage scene.

You just follow the actual story which is good enough and thats it.

two games that are far better

Best girl

>Music
Only song I remember is Fishermans Horizon. Also this falls under personal taste. And if we're discussing popularity FFVII OST is leagues ahead of VIII.
>visuals
You went from blocky polygons to smeared textures and jagged edges. FFVII was far easier on the eyes.
>characters
Squall was a cuck.
Rinoa was manipulating cunt.
Zell was prototype Wakka
Selphie likes trains and has autism
The gay cowboy is forgettable, it's why I don't remember his name.
Quistis was the only good character.
>gameplay
Oh whoa they're nearly identical. Are you referring to the Draw system then? If that's your thing, you're in the minority though.
Right and not the Gungan at the core of the Garden, or the space monsters flooding earth or the forced romance arc?

I actually enjoyed VIII even if it was incredibly flawed. People that say it's anywhere near the top are delusional idiots though.

both some of the best rpgs OF ALL TIME.

>still talking about ffvii
>when grandia had an incredibly beautiful, timeless, ORCHESTRATED soundtrack, fun combat and lovable characters with a great story

>when star ocean 2 had a great story and some of the BEST mechanics for combat, skills etc of all time

>the Gungan at the core of the Garden, or the space monsters flooding earth or the forced romance arc?
If you have a problem with those, you're the problem. And seeing Rinoa/Squall romance as forced is lacking critiscism. VIII put the main character romancing the old gf of
your rival. I can't recall another jrpg that did this. Rinoa and Squall complete each other personality and she helps him evolve as a character.

People that say VIII is the worst FF are delusional too.

>Rinoa and Squall complete each other personality and she helps him evolve as a character.
She makes it painfully obvious that she doesn't like Squall at the start of the game. How you're not questioning the 180 she pulls without warning is baffling.

I don't disagree with that.

The worst is between II and XIII, take your pick.

>She makes it painfully obvious that she doesn't like Squall at the start of the game
Remind me the moment you're talking about? The first interaction i recall is the dance, it's been a long time.

BASED Autism poster posting his diarrhea.

But that's not Ultima Underworld, the greatest game ever made.

sephiroth is not exactly the antichrist
he's a construction made by Russians, to spiritualy control the world as they want

Cait sith is cute

If VI is so great, where is the remake and why nobody gives a fuck about it? btw Chrono Trigger shits on FFVI and FFVII way better game overall.

>I haven't played open Xcom, nor Jagged Alliance, nor Wizardry 8, nor the Panzer General series, nor tToEE, nor Divinity Original Sin.

Because VI got obfuscated by VII, which is undisputed as far as popular awareness go.
CT is one of my favorite games of all time so i don't disagree at all.

Only because X-2 and XIII are even worse.

It's pretty good

VIII is the worst though. I had to stand up and walk around the house raging for an hour, when I saw the D-District prison in WoFF, got a headache and could only continue the game two days later. My hatred for VIII has burned bright since a little over two hours into it (When Laguna showed how fun it could be.) three or so days after its release date. I suspect that that game, that one guy goes bonkers for is worse, but I can't bring myself to play said game. I'm that disgusted and frankly terrified by the prospect.

II is actually quite good.