What the fuck is a "skill ceiling"?

What the fuck is a "skill ceiling"?

Actually use it in a non-retarded sentence, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1d26REWUTl8
youtube.com/watch?v=61mVaXwyHJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gittin gud maybe ?

Sup Forums here, your big sister looks like a NEGRO

It's called get gud and then GO BEYOND
But it seems like you are incapable of even getting gud

A term professional gamers use so that they can pretend their time wasting hobby requires training

fpbp

The moment when you can't get more skilled, or rather getting more skilled doesn't give you any benefits.

Kinda like you have tick tack toe and mastering the game is pretty easy and after that you can't lose. Can't get more skilled at it.

The theoretical amount of expertise required to master something

playing an instrument has a high skill ceiling
tic tac toe has a low skill ceiling

Google it.

Yes bangs

Every videogame, like every game, has a skill ceiling.
The skill ceiling is the knowledge required to master a game, like grand master st chess.

The girl in my opinion is cute.

That little teen can only be satisfied wit a BBC.

>girl
oh boy......

kys cuck

Literally how is fpbp true every single fucking time?

I'm black

yes bangs

Foreheads are the thinking man's fetish.

please god i hope she has a dick

truth

mad whiteboy

me too. crackers are losing, they'll cry proclaiming we're larping whiteboys, they don't like the truth that we be out there slayin white pussy.

girl or boy I would fug

Its that simple.

A skill ceiling is a term used to describe the amount of skill that is able to be employed in order to win a game. A low skill ceiling game would be something like Mario party because there is a large element of randomness to it, a higher skill ceiling game would be any game where random chance is eliminated or minimized.

>Reverse search
>Some user on /r9k/ claiming it's his female cousin
I hope people beat you with bats in real life.

because it isnt first post

Poor lil whiteboi

Go trap it up. Only thing you sissies are good at

The amount of time it takes to master a game

This.

A skill ceiling is how good you can get at a game. It all has to do with how complex the game can be.
A quiz game won't have a high skill ceiling because the best you can get is answering the questions as accurately and as fast as possible.
A pinball game would have a higher skill ceiling because there are a lot of ways you can bounce the ball off of the paddles. You can let the ball rolling down a tad or you could flick the paddle a bit early to put the ball in a better position.
And yes, bangs.

find him on snapchat, he still has images of when he was a boy

asian > black >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> white bois

white bois are truly the biggest cucks

>typical tongue-out-sideways-eyes snapchat look
oven.

Basic term used to describe how difficult something. For example, a typical fighting game would be considered to have a high skill ceiling as players must play other thinking players making it difficult.

Thanks for the qt girl, have this one.

Asian bois and their lil dicks?

Pffft hahaaa nice joke

>talking about slaying pussy on a mexican cactus growing forum

Thanks for 2017 Anne Frank you retarded faggot

So you can beat the world's best tekken or street fighter players then, right?

Because if not it would prove that what you said is bullshit.

Its how much skill can affect the game.
For instance chess has a higher skill ceiling than noughts and crosses, the game allows for deeper strategy and more diverse thinking.

It took THIS FUCKING LONG for someone to actually reply earnestly to OP's question.
This board is so garbage sometimes. Just fucking delete this thread or salvage the topic.

What? You sound mad dude.

I have no idea who this bitch is but her hair is horrible

Whats the snapchat user if your so great.

that wasnt the first post you retard

The user on /r9k/ posted another image of her, without the bangs. She's a girl.
OP didn't start this thread for earnest discussion. Asking what a skill ceiling is requires nothing more than a google search or a single post answer. What more discussion is there to be had on the subject?

retard

I don't know, I find messy hair kind of cute.

cute boy

This is some whatever level players.
youtube.com/watch?v=1d26REWUTl8

This is what the skill ceiling that human players cannot realistically reach, but it is the highest the game can actually allow.
youtube.com/watch?v=61mVaXwyHJA

Ceiling is the perceived perfection of gameplay by players/spectators.

Name 1 (ONE) game with a high skill ceiling.

at least i cant count

Skill floor is how easy or how difficult it is to acquire proficiency at a game.
Skill ceiling is how easy or difficult it is to master those mechanics.
I saw a comparison of recent MOBAs that had a good comparison to each other regarding the two terms.

the point where an increased level of familiarity with a game nets diminishing returns in competitive performance

insecure

>black yoshi
>plays fighting games
hmmmmm

Comparison and discussion of games with high/low skill floors and ceilings, I suppose.

knowing proper CPR is low skill ceiling
becoming a surgeon is high skill ceiling

>TAS

so are we just posting qts or

Wrong. That's a skill floor.

A skill ceiling is the limit at which a player's (sometimes the most skilled person, more common with a higher skill ceiling or gap) skill no longer helps towards the objective of a game, to put it bluntly. For example, a slot machine has a low skill ceiling because the only input required is pressing a button to start the spin and the outcome is determined by a RNG.

kys no iq slave

chess

>literal dude

Skill ceiling is the best you can be.

What's wrong with you?

I guess.

My folder is small, please share your qts.

Show EVO registration then. Obviously you're gonna beat SonicFox, Wong, and Saint.

f(ourth) post

>being gay

>solved game
>high skill ceiling
I mean, I guess

I'm just saying what she needs. She's got to fufill those desires

Stretch that pussy out nice and real good with that BBC

I doubt that was OP's intention, but that's a valid answer.

I'm not autistic enough to waste my life away getting good at a single video game. They wasted their lives, doesn't mean they're wrong in saying it takes skill to master. Just says they wasted their lives and now they have to rationalize have zero prospects in life and still living at home suckling on the teet of their parents

Trannies and fag enablers need to be killed

>what is the number four?

>I'm not autistic enough to play this game!
>I can definitely beat people at tournaments though! They're the LOSERS for having fun and trying their hardest.
That's pretty autistic user.

Yet here you are posting on Sup Forums

partisan taste my man

You have more? I like her, has a kind of subtle cuteness to her.

I never said I could beat them, did you completely ignore literally everything I said just so you could throw an autistic temper tantrum?
Don't ever fucking reply to me again in this thread or any thread on >>

>I'm not autistic enough to waste my life away getting good at a single video game. They wasted their lives
>SonicFox
He literally get's money from playing video games, something that he likes doing. I'm pretty sure that's not wasting your life.

Prove it fag. You a Sup Forums cuck who can't handle glorious brown?

what the fuck user, you missed me in that megapost.
im hurt

It's a very very rare exception. Less than 1% of 10% of all people play video games make enough to actually live off of it.

What did he mean by this?

fpbp = first post best post, nothing else. You can't just start making up shit like that.

>Exclamation marks = "Tantrum"
>Too retarded in his shitposting to remember what was spoken in the original post
You people are pathetic.

No sorry just those two, she's super cute though I wish I had more

>not being gay

t. triggered white boy

yes always bangs always yes.

You can only reply to 24 people at once before the spam filter detects it.

As true as this may be he was replying to a comment that directly said Sonicfox doesn't make money.

This post is pointless

Just post the nudes already, faggot.

I wonder if that person's navel is ticklish!

Depending on wether you mean personal or overall skill ceiling. Both however simply describe the highest level of play physically achievable for a player.

doesnt look that appealing
sorry

>Was defending a Fat "Asian", A Gay Black Furry, and a Korean
>lol white boy
Jesus Christ man.

That's not the point. You said the people the previous user mentioned wasted their lives playing video games, which was incorrect.

>As true as this may be he was replying to a comment that directly said Sonicfox doesn't make money.
No he wasn't though? Monetary compensation was literally never brought up in that thread of replies.