How the fuck are grenades deadly?

All they do is released compressed air, at the most all they should do is push you back a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_LjN3UclYzU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Croucher
youtube.com/watch?v=HOSR6LFkUYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Highly compressed air, shrapnel, and heat. It's not like just blowing canned air in your face.

You're probably so fat that you wouldn't feel it through your rolls anyway though.

It's an explosion. It releases heat. That's not the worst part though. The worst part is the shrapnel.

How come strateg/srpgs do grenades better than FPS games?

it's bcuz humens are weak

I have a feeling this will be the most retarded post on Sup Forums today.
Congrats OP.

What games have the best grenades?

Because in FPS a grenade must be well-placed AND well timed but because you are a massive scrub, you only see it as a cheap kill and braindead. You also prefer JRPGs to RTS for similar reasons and cannot see how the element of real time augments the strategy instead of stripping it away.

Do you think all of the "compressed air" comes out of the top or something?

No, the whole grenade pops like a balloon, sending hot pieces of the metal casing flying everywhere.

Plus then you have to think how strong the shockwave of the explosion is if its able to pop a metal ball like a balloon.

Halo 4

Sudden acceleration has some nasty effects on things like us

Also it's definitely summer isn't it?

The shockwave is enough to liquify you within 10 feet; the shrapnel will rip you apart for good measure.

Best case scenario your eardrums rupture.

They seem awful hard to get for something so harmless.

Why don't you lay on top of one to find out?

All they do is release small metallic and ceramic projectiles each with hundreds or thousands of joules of impact energy.

how do they put heat in the grenades

how did they do it in the start vs modern times

They're good in STALKER as long as you use F1s, they actually release shrapnel that can ricochet around small rooms.

Resistance.

inject air on your veins, post results, it can't hurt, can it? it's just air!

nukes are just really big grenades what harm could they do

CoD 4

Unless you put a suppressor on it

>well placed and timed
>Just throw a grenade towards the enemy and get a kill
Very rarely are grenades using strategically because they're so easy to use and the destruction they cause is immense. There's little need to think when you throw a grenade. Hell, because it'd a video game you can throw the grenade the moment you spawn at certain points and get kills since there's certain pathways you have to go through to advance.

because gunpowder combusts jesus fuck

>You also prefer JRPGs to RTS for similar reasons and cannot see how the element of real time augments the strategy instead of stripping it away.
I never said I prefer RTS games to JRPG. Let me guess, the phrase SRPG automatically makes you think JRPG, even though there are metric shit tons of western SRPGs.

truly a weapon to surpass metal gear

Dirty bomb has a great cooking the grenade mechanism for fragger

firebombs full of oil are much better weapon because they actually do something

Maybe your problem is that you're playing Call of Duty. Did you consider that? Even then the problem isn't grenades it's the spawning system working that way.

the WW2 german grenade actually does that
not compressed air but no shrapnel

see

>throw frag grenade
>explodes in a firey explosion

Jagged Alliance? X-COM? First two that come to mind when talking RPG and grenades.

Suppressed grenades are band by the Geneva convention

so do all grenades have an explosive powder ignition in them

what happens when you pull the pin how does it make the grenade want to explode

What they're used in real life is to flush out an enemy from position/blow him up in a confined space.
Does it pretty well in most vidya.

I know you're just bumping the thread, but you can Google this.

There's a fuse inside that burns towards the space containing the assplode.

Theres either a chemical compound that gets ignited and then ignites the explosives or something like a bolt attached to a spring that hits the explosives after its released.

>Throw a grenade in F.E.A.R
>Shoot it in midair

There's a lighter inside. That's what the handle does, it flicks open the lighter, and the lighter lights a fuse.

You're not denying it

Theres also Breach, Silent Storm, 7.62 High Caliber, and Brotherhood of steel.

>How come strateg/srpgs do grenades better than FPS games?
>Top down group control game
>Nade kills unit
>Move other unit to deal with it
>FPS
>Nade kills unit/YOU
>Dead, out of the fun, game becomes a clusterfuck of shitties throwing nades in high traffic areas.

all the pin does is hold the spoon in place, its only once you throw it that the spoon can come free and light the fuse

Dude I love using grenades on that bandit camp near Bes and company. Especially the first time you're there.

>Sends shit in the environment flying everywhere, causes light fixtures to swing

Why are games shit now

>count-down mechanism makes grenades more strategic
You could always do it mentally. Having a visual cue just makes it easier to use.

The problem arises when vidya games force you to use these confined spaces and your enemy constantly spawns with grenades. There's nothing tactical about them. You just throw them where people bunch up and move on. I would love it if we moved away from frag grenades and focused more on tactical ones like flash and smoke grenades or at least made them more limited. It was one of my biggest gripes back when I used to play CoD. I don't have a problem with them in RO2 for some reason. Even the hand mortars don't feel as bad as grenades in modern FPS

Mate, That's how they work in real life, nobody listens to the dipshit officers and nobody actually ever sees the enemy. Combat is a clusterfuck.

Except nukes are radioactive, moron.

They're basically nuclear power plants that produce explosions instead of electricity.

Read up what Chernobyl and Fukushima did and you'll understand why shouldn't manmade elements be used ever.

Thumbnail looks like Naruto and Sasuke

KOMRID I HEFF COOL GUN ONLY TEN KREDIT

I LIED FUCK YOU

Throwing a grenade into the campfire they were gathered around was cathartic

Only difference is that grenades are in limited supply in real life but when someone respawns they have 1-3 of them so when they come back they empty out their stock and repeat for every single person.

Shit I don't even use frags. Smoke up the same closed space and watch tards pour through the smoke thinking its safe because its "smoked".
Learn this boyos and learn it well:
Smoke goes ON THE ENEMY.

Yeah but that just makes them big green grenades what's the problem here

Any of those allow for character creation like JA2's IMP?

Akshuly it's not just that one grenade.
In general, attack/assault (not sure what's their name in English) grenades don't release shrapnel, because they're used from position without cover.
They're only really effective in enclosed spaces and have relatively tiny blast radius.

The defensive ones have shrapnel and can kill at 100 meters.

Well can't argue with that.

>Not jump-kicking it
You're a little baby.

I have never actually tried that

Gotta go fast. Either way FEAR had some of the best combat in a FPS, ever.

I wish there was some score attack mod for it

no i'm genuinely curious as to how grenades work, FAGGOT.

Is OP actually retarded or just pretending?

so what did you learn?

nb

Original Killzone.

Halo 1-3 still have the best and most satisfying grenades of any shooter I've played.

Frag grenade kills in Halo are just so gratifying.

Even just getting hit by shrapnel from grenades can destroy organs in milliseconds so yeah you'd likely die.

just wear clothes and they bounce off

What games have the best missiles?

youtube.com/watch?v=_LjN3UclYzU

grenades blow up and stuff

The gears of war series. Slapping a grenade onto someone's shoulder is always entertaining.

Rainbow Six Vegas
Absolutely huge AoE and a guaranteed instant kill. Literally everyone banned grenades in that game.

holy mother of underages

You know that Hiroshima was inhabitable after a few months, right? People live there now.

For all intents and purposes they're just bombs. Radioactivity only really comes to play if

1. You have urban centers to the east (general wind direction on the planet) which was fortunately not the case in Japan

2. You are talking about a Nuclear War scenario

r6s

Team Fortress Classic
Half-life 2 Deathmatch

They're trash there, ain't even time to use them properly.

Nadeshotting is a gift. Feels TOO good.

Insurgency

If you die to a grenade, you're basically a faggot retard (ie. American). Just jump on it with your backpack on top of it and you're 100% safe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Croucher

>nukes are basically nuclear power plants
You either know nothing about nukes or nuclear plnts or both.

>backpack
A fat fucking stuffed to maximum capacity rucksack and he still came out of it with shrapnel embedded in his armor and perforated eardrums.

Radiation is the least of your problems if a nuke explodes nearby. And definitely not what kills you.
The only exception to this is a dirty bomb.

Starlight Glimmer did nothing wrong.

Yeah, I heard Suppressed Grenades the last time I went to the Geneva convention. They were ok I but I like their earlier stuff more

Dirty bomb doesn't even have to be a nuke, just any explosive with radioractive goop all over it.

The shockwave from explosives is enough to fuck up your insides and kill you. Also hot metal shrapnel piercing through your body is probably not fun either.

Explosives are deadly as hell man. You ever see bomb squad suits? You look like a damn stuffed plushie toy in those things and strong explosives are still enough to kill you even through all that padding.

Yeah, people just protest them because they're worried about "MUH CHILLUNZ", what silly folks, am I right /s

Fractured
Really shitty game tho

Pulling the pin doesn't actually make the grenade explode. The pin keeps the lever in place. When you take the pin out, then the lever is no longer attached, meaning that it will fall off when you throw it. The lever falling off is what starts the fuse.

There is no such thing as "cooking" a grenade outside of videogames, unless you take off bot the pin AND the lever.

>Sup Forums is literally retarded

how is it possible to be this dumb?

This is actually pretty cool and makes me think about how stupid movies look when using grenades

So if you take he pin out but just leave it alone it won't explode?

Modern ones also have a safety clip on the spoon.

Thermite inside, as far as in games the fuses are longer

youtube.com/watch?v=HOSR6LFkUYo

fucking shockwaves

You need to hold the spoon on or the flapper on tap will hit the fuse.
I almost had one blow up in my hand because the spoon was coming off but I couldn't feel it because my hands were froze

Ratchet and clank ACIT because you could customise them
>Barrage+Skyburst+Proximity