Until Dawn

Do your choices really matter in this game? Without Spoilers, how drastically can a second playthrough change things?

I got the path where Josh is the psycho

I'm not sure it really fits though. I mean, Josh carries Sam somewhere under the lodge, which is pretty much entwined with the mines, where Mike finds her and sets Sam free.
If Josh managed to carry Sam there, how in the hell was he so oblivious about the Wendigo's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QKlbNup4uEM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

You can't really change the overarching story at all. The whole point of the game is that your actions determine who lives

Incoming.

No globally, your choice doesn't change the story. You just have the power to chose who lives and who dies.

>inb4, where is Jess? Jess is my favorite, I don't kill her.

Overall structure and plot stays the same, what is changes is who goes where and who lives/dies.

It does a fantastic job of making your choices feel meaningful and like every action could make all the difference. But Heavy Rain has more variability in the narrative than this game.

Until Dawn is still better.

Gods I loved killing Emily after she was such a cheating coalburning whore.

>cheating
I'm not sure if she cheats on Matt or not.

But Emily isn't white.

Matthew 5:27-28.

If you persist on what her deal is with Mike when she's hanging from the ledge, she'll admit that she fucked him while dating Matt.

Matt is a good guy though

Yeah the quality of writing is just better in Until Dawn. Normally I hate movie games, but this one was pretty good. I really liked all the psychologist segments, they were an interesting way to change up the pace but still keep the tension high.

And she paid her toll.

That scene was great. Bitch is hanging on for dear life and the nigger is just calmly grilling her. Nigger and Mike did nothing wrong, emily is just a massive turbocunt.

I read that dialogue. But I was not sure (dialogue are in English and text in France and the translation is never totally accurate). But they didn't do it that day in the mountain? It was older?

This. The story remains the same, just small plot elements change, particularly with the deaths and relationships.

Matt is literally luggage lad

>Emily is hanging off a ledge
>Matt is standing on an unstable platform that could collapse at literally any second
>Hmm I'll jump to safety first so that I can help Emily without risking falling and thus killing us both
>"WHAT THE FUCK MATT WHY DIDN'T YOU PULL ME UP FROM THE BURNING CRUMBLING PIECE OF PLYWOOD YOU WERE STANDING ON?"

I think it was way before Josh invited everyone to the cabin again.

>Hate everyone, decide to try and kill them all from the start
>Mike, Sam, and Ashley grow on me after a while, decide to try and keep them alive
>Get to the end with them and the glasses cunt
>Have Sam run to the switch instead of distracting the Wendigo since that seemed like the smart option
>This kills Mike and Ashley at the last second

I can't be bothered replaying it because of how slow everything is and they don't give you any sort of skip or speed up function.

Why was Chris the main victim of the prank? He's the only one of the group who wasn't involved in what happened to Hannah AT ALL.

She gets pissed no matter what from that scene. Killing matt from the deer gets her concernced but she hates him if he lives.

>Liking Ashley.
youtu.be/QKlbNup4uEM

>Try to keep Matt alive but kill Emily
>Leave Emily at the tower while Matt jumps off
>Matt gets hooked, Emily is still alive later for the most boring walking section of the whole game

I think they knew everyone would hate Emily and designed everything about her to piss the player off as much as possible.

>try to murder someone to save yourself
>be surprised when they no longer trust you in a life-or-death situation
wew

>I think they knew everyone would hate Emily and designed everything about her to piss the player off as much as possible.
Yes, it's the idea. But that's the only one you can shoot in the head. So they know what they were doing.

I heard Josh's prank was also him playing wingman to Chris to help bring him closer to Ashely.

It's not worth a second playthrough
Watch the endings on youtube if you feel like you missed out on something

>Gets Chris killed
>Not liking Ashley

That said, that can't be the only decision that impacts that outcome. In my game she was begging Chris to shoot her and not himself.

I played it at least 4 times.

Yeah, he comments to Sam at the start that Chris and Ashley just "need a tragedy to push them together" or something like that. It's just weird that Josh didn't do anything at all to Mike, the guy who directly humiliated Hannah.

I thought Mike had no idea that the others were going to be in the room?

>In my game she was begging Chris to shoot her and not himself.
She does that no matter what. She still let's Chris die if you shoot her.

Women, amirite?

It is the only thing that affects that death. She begs chris to shoot her if chris points the gun at himself and begs to not shoot if the gun is aimed at her.

But what happens if you don't shoot?
For that matter, what happens if you give Ashley the buzzsaw instead of Josh?

>But what happens if you don't shoot?
Same result as Chris shooting himself
>For that matter, what happens if you give Ashley the buzzsaw instead of Josh?
It "kills" Josh anyway

Yes. You're right.

The buzzsaw always goes for josh because he rigs it to go for his fake body.

Well I guess that's smart of Josh, but shit for the narrative options.

Mike is the best but he has the most opportunities to die.

Emilly was straight from Life is Strange though,legitmately ZERO good qualities.

Mike + Doggo best team.

It surprised me how well they did Matt. Legit nice guy but won't take any shit.

They were all in on it, that's the point

I remember just choosing to saw Josh because he didn't seem like a playable character and I wanted to get Chris laid.

Mike can only die in the finale. He dies if Sam dies, except for maybe the last dont move segment.

This dude was literally Nathan Drake. I didn't see anything else

>I remember just choosing to saw Josh because he didn't seem like a playable character and I wanted to get Chris laid.
Who didn't do that?

>Hallway with all the wendigos
>Dog disappears completely after you shoot the barrels
>Mike goes through several rooms opening doors and closing them behind him with no sign of Dog
>Get to last room, choice to barricade the door or just run
>Choose to run
>Dog appears out of nowhere, gets killed because I didn't barricade the door when I had no way to know he was going to be in that room

>Jump 10 feet away
>Help her
With what? Your telekinesis?

Notice that Josh played Psycho game ONLY woth Chris (the best friend),Ashley (friend) and Sam (crush/friend).

He told Matt/Emilly and Mike/Jess to fuck off during his pranking, which means he was mad at his close friends rather than whole group.

He's a dog. He can snake in. The game tell you that many times.

Josh rigs the buzzsaw so it goes to him no matter what.

>If you try to help her twice, Matt dies
>On almost all occasions, Matt will never have the Flare Gun to save himself

>anons breaking the #1 rule

Bros before hoes niggers.

Technicly Josh wasn't a real bro but I would do the same thing if not worse after what happened to his sisters

I doubt it was the Wendigo that threw Jess's phone back in the cabin

Maybe the Stranger to warn them. Maybe.

Where the hell was he supposed to have gone from the hallway? There were no other paths for him to have gone through. It was just lazy directing.

I liked how my opinion of a good portion of the cast did a complete 180° as the story progressed.

>hated Mike at first
>Mike turns out to be a total bro

>Sam started off as favorite
>grew into an annoying Mary Sue

And I actually liked Emily at the end as well. She's a cunt but she did get shit done. Matt was too underdeveloped for me to care.

It is. Pretty sure it's Hannah.

Just finished it, really good I am impressed especially since I avoided spoilers.

Josh,Jess and the flamethrower guy died though, I fucked up something.

>Hanging out with a friend
>Saying nothing so I won't spoil it for him
>He gets the totem warning of the bear trapped hand
>He still gets his fingers snipped
>Blames the game for not letting him avoid it
All you have to fucking do is walk away. Fuck.

>Decide not to shoot emily
>"Let me in" achievement pops up
>oh jesus fuck she is gonna turn into a wendigo right? That fucking line.
>she does not

What? So the legends and the clear vampire reference where bullshit?

Josh actually is nicer to you if you try to save him, once the jig is up.

You can't save flamethrower guy, only the main cast.

The best part of the game was fucking everything up. Failing every QTE as Mike chases after Jess was some Benny Hill shit, I had to pause the game because I was laughing too hard to pay attention.

I liked it a lot more before the wendigo reveal.

>This one game succeeded in what David Cage tried and failed to do with three games.

Bit of a stretch
>Here's your phone with music playing don't let the monsters get you lol
To be fair I did the same. But the thing is, the game is really slow af and I was playing in one sitting, so by that point I really couldn't be bothered with clues, totems and all that other bollocks.
It literally says in a book right afterwards you don't turn. Did you not pay any attention.
>You can't save flamethrower guy
At all? Bloody hell they modelled him really well for a throwaway character.
Probably my next course of action desu
jej

The achievment is play on words, it actually says "Let EM in" as in Emilly, gotta say those Totems really saved my ass.Thanks to them:

-I did not shot Emilly
-Chris did nothing with the gun
-I was nice to wolf

I'm actually worried about that. My gf started playing the game, she's a casual but wanted to play something so I started her off with this. But she's missing literally every QTE and I'm expecting the tension to die because of it, since only a few of them actually cause problems.

If you didn't figure out that Wendigo's were gunna be in then that's your fault.

>30 clock in cards
>12 miners
>mysterious food source
>native american shit out the ass

Once she kills Matt or Chris it'll come right back.

I wouldn't even waste hard drive space and time on this even though it's free. I already saw it on youtube.

>If Josh managed to carry Sam there, how in the hell was he so oblivious about the Wendigo's?

A..anyone ;_;

Would've been better if it was all just part of Josh's setting. The prank idea was much more interesting than generic monsters.

>already finished the game, on my own I managed to save everyone aside Josh (stupid journal)
>my GF is playing while I watch
>literally fucking up every choice and most of QTEs

She fucking shot the squirrel and soent like 20 minutes trying tos tart the boiler.

>sad bait/10

Who touched you as a child user? Greentext the story its ok

WTF is that? Dis they put scary contents only for the gamer?

This scene bothered the hell out of me. If I saw that I'd be gone in seconds.

Weren't most of the wendigos locked up in the Asylum?

Did you get all the clues?Sam doesn't leave the lodge until late game and if you are referring to that torture chair, that Sam is a puppet.

But user, surely you understand Sam is best girl, right?

Not sure about you guys, but I figured it was a ruse by Josh or maybe his parents about halfway through. They drop a lot of hints showing that things are not what they seem. The only thing that keeps you from fully suspecting them is Josh is dead and why would his dad even let him die.

>She fucking shot the squirrel and soent like 20 minutes trying tos tart the boiler.
Those "don't move" sections were fucking broken, I tried putting the controller down on the desk and it still thought I was moving.

And the truth, is that Mike saw it, because he remember it when the Stranger explain to her the existence of the Wendingos.

Sam was best girl until I realized who her actress was.

Forget that. What about the ghost jumpscare in the basement? How did Josh do that? Where does it go? Only thing I can't wrap my head around.

Burch?

Mike with jacket at Sanatorium felt like good old Silent Hill at times.My favourite part.

I wouldn't mind if supermassive ried to make something like that, with set camera angles and dual stick control.

They're all modeled after and voiced by live action actors, so no, it's not Burch.

What's wrong with her?

His dad made scary movies, so Josh must have had some knowledge. Probably used trap doors and shit to hide stuff

What I mean is Jess gets taken by a Windigo, right?
Mike follows said Windigo and ends up in the Asylum. You'd assume the Windigo took Jess back to its lair, or wherever it was that it did take her, there were more Wendigo's somewhere.
Mike later finds Sam tied up, and the two meet. So they were pretty closeby each other, meaning Sam was also closeby to other Windigo's, no?
And Sam was carried to where she was by Josh. So in some bizarre way isn't the lodge connected to the Asylum, sort of meaning he'd surely have encountered some Windigo's?

You didn't like Heroes?

No. She's annoying as fuck.

Vibration. Put it on a very soft surface.

>What about the ghost jumpscare in the basement? How did Josh do that?
Good question. And di you see the ghost there Only you the gamer can see it. It's clearly outside of the story.

The book mentions that the legends says they do, the only counter argument comes from the flamethrower guy who simply said they dont just because he didnt when bit. I rather take the legends than his words

You as each character avoid Wendigos all night until they finally start coming for you, so I guess its that not far fetched.

Barely, still a good game. I wish they would make more horror movies. They will keep making the interactive movie games but I'd like to see more horror shit. Telltale should do a scooby doo game.

My Josh was a clown woth balloons everywhere, what other motiffs are there?