>great

Indeed

Atleast they fight each other
That's kinda cool

it's pretty shit mechanically though.

>multiple enemy garbage
>actual boss is stupidly easy to backstab over and over
It has cool music and presentation but that's about it

>hurr let me run around kiting 3 enemies until they start killing each other hit the boss twice then run around some more
it was shit
second phase was decent at least

That's what makes it great. You can manuever and set them against each other.

it's not that great because it's one of the easiest bosses in the game

it's a free for all where they fight each other
and you can stagger them easily

The cutscene for phase 2 was really cool but thats about it

>when the boss is more dangerous with a shield than his weapon

The first phase is interesting and memorable, the second phase is extremely easy to backstab.

Most of the arguments over bosses in Souls games boil down to one side preferring interesting bosses, and the other preferring mechanically challenging bosses.
The difference between Storm King and False King Allant, for example. DaS3 doesn't have many of the former type (Ancient Wyvern?), but has some exceptional examples of the latter.

>Every boss in DaS3 is either a gimmick, spin2win or horribly weak.

Remind me why this is considered the best in the series again?

>finish the game, beating some of the bosses at first try
>think you're hot shit
>try some undead matches
>get the shit kicked out of you repeatedly
b-but I got gud, didn't I?

PVP is different to PVE
Most invaders are accustomed to breaking apart groups of players and killing them really fast before the stragglers catch up

>people shit on DaS2 for having too many dudes in armour boss fights
>most popular DaS3 bosses are dudes in armour

part 2 is the real boss fight

It would be berry cool if even phantoms that you bring with you could hurt you

You're just regurgitating a point you've heard in the past, even though it doesn't apply here. Unless you have no idea what you're doing and make stupid moves, you never have to deal with more than one at once. It's generally 1v1 combat with the added challenge of keeping an eye on a third part to make sure you keep it that way

Think for yourselves

>thinking pvp in Souls games is anything other than a laggy shitfest with dudes rolling around all over the place

what this guy said. Plus pvp fags are accustomed to lag and phantom range and can use it to their advantage

DaS2's dudes in armor get shit on because they're all basically the same fight bar one or two unique moves. DaS3's dudes in armor have all wildly different fighting styles.

That's weird I was the opposite when I first started playing DS3.
I struggled in PVE but won most of my PVP duels.

thats not Champion Gundyr

>first time ever invaded
>just run attack r1 with my folded a thousand times katana
>win

silly game

I still can't figure out why from thought mound makers shouldn't be allowed into boss battles. Not allowing them literally just makes them red phantoms 2.0 since they still have to kill a host to get any covenant progress. All they had to do was make helping a host more profitable than killing them to balance it, like killing two hosts is equal to killing one boss

don't bother with souls pvp unless you are doing a meme invading build

These fights are a lot more fun if you're too uncertain about the mechanics to ever attempt backstabs like I was/am

>guy with obviously meme naked whip invading build invades
>starts rolling around pro™ like and trying to whip me
>first mistake he makes I stunlock him with farron greatsword r2

pro

Abyss Watcher's backstab opening is incredibly obvious, almost as obivous as the hollows in the tutorial levels. You'd have to be really bad to not take advantage of it.

mound makers would have been so much better if your summon sign AND your phantom appeared as a friendly phantom. that way people would have to risk summoning a grape. there's just no point in summoning a grape as it is

damn bro you're too good

>perfect the backstab mechanic in bubblyborn, land a charge attack from the back and get rewarded
>dark souls 3 goes back to instalocking you into a backstab if you happen to be standing at the enemy's side

QUÉ

Post armorfu's

I know

I think the only pvp build that is actually valid and not completely outdone by a host with a meme anime weapon is pyromancy spam. idk why people still bother with souls peeveepee

It's always great when it's NOT 4cucks.

best in the series desu

>>actual boss is stupidly easy to backstab over and over

The beginning phase it's easy to backstab one of them at first but in the second phase it's actually really hard to backstab the single guy. You're just shitposting or only managed to get multiple backstabs off the 2nd phase by having help from summoners.

Well that was a fucking great boss battle.

Too bad the drakesword is boring and gay

This fight was a solid challenge but it was generic as absolute fuck as a fight and every bit as boring as the majority of DaS2's bosses.

Hitbox knight

>07
I can fucking relate to tht,killed that thing using daggers, almost throw the ps4 through the window

Le knights meme

yeah nah fuck that. Every boss would be hard if it took 15 minutes to kill and two shot you. Fuck B team

Is there even a worse boss in the entire series?

And a somewhat sad story, I mean, basically what we see when we first meet the boss is them fulfilling their duties to destroy the corruption of the void wherever they can, and they themselves have become corupted cause Farron Keep became corrupted.

Aldritch is cancer for casters

Soul of cinder is genuinely one of my favorite bosses
Or at least phase 1 is

Good

You'd think the devs ran out of budget when they were making Aldrich's model.

Ceasless Discharge

My first run through, I didn't even realize that Aldrich was in the game because I was expecting an octopus boss. I realized only later that the shower drain hair log attached to Gwyndolin was what we apparently saw in the intro cinematic.

It was not and i´ll show you why.

The arena is quite bland, it´s not a good reference to the swamp neither the catacombs, just a square with an altar and a bunch of bosses piled around.
The boss itself has no personality, it´s just another Artorias maymay forced to appear like that great wolf in the tower or the wolf in the DLC.

Worst part is that is not even like a boss battle, you could have a skilled swordsman, but instead you get a stupid crawling and smashing guy who jumps and drifts around, dying in like 3-4 hits at best.

Then they combine their shit because lol fireshit magic lmao and more boss phases just to make the same guy but with a fire sword (and fire slash again) and more HP.

So no, was not a good, neither a hard or interesting fight.

I beat him 1st try with pure pyro build. I didn't even notice the fight much, all I did was spam fireballs.

Almost every single boss arena in DaS3 is just a square.

>15 minutes to kill
What the fuck are you using? The ladle?

Yhorm has a great square with a lot of treasures, which makes a lot of sense because he was described as a conqueror.

The boss was shit too, but the square was great.

If only the sword were actually that long.
And didn't have three-way split damage.

Post some fucking characters
Bonus point if you are not one of those fags with retarded skin colors
Every time I see one is like a horse gets beaten

Imagine the Drakeblood GS being as big as in the artwork compared to the dude, it could be an UGS and have an unique moveset which feels light for an UGS, considering the shape of the sword. I would have loved this.

you might as well have a retarded hair/skin color with that shit as fuck armor

are you a faggot?

hell yeah

He's weak to fire, pyromancy absolutely obliterate him.
>second phase
>he's on fire
>even weaker to fire
Hmmm

that was the last dark souls boss? seriously nigga

I have a lot of characters

not really

trash

Disgusting skin colors on a character are the best

Dancer is probably my favorite boss. The way it moves and how it's head is always tracking you at unnatural angles just looks fantastic.

s-shut up!!!!!! just git gud XDD

>not saving dark eater midair for last

Gael was fun though

That's your opinion, my dude, and it's shit

hahaha xD top lulz
+1

i bet you are insufferable to be around in person

Dark Souls 3 had some of the best fucking bosses in the entire souls franchise.

>M'Lady
>DIE CIS SCUM
heh

upboated XD

ok, fag

Yes OP, it's fucking great. Now run away before the kids here ruin your experience of the game.

Doing M'dear last would mean a lost titanite slab

unironically kill yourselves

Alright, lad

How are you not already at +10 with all your favorite weapons before that though?

yassss!!!
tell em gurll!!

nice

I don't like missing a slab

wow downdooted meanie

Looks so perfect in the picture.
In-game though
>fuckhuge gauntlets
>weird rectangle over the ankle that breaks the flow of the leggings instead of slim like in the artwork

Why does every boss in DaS3 become firey in phase two?

It was okay when Maria did it in BB because only she did it, in DaS3 it made new phases lose any impact

cuz muh age of fire kindling embers yaddayadda shit

Yeah and why the hell do they all wear armor? Also why the hell are they always hostile towards the player? And what's the deal with them never talking during battle? Why do all their weapons have handles, anyways? Would some variety really have hurt, From?

Man I wish bosses weren't bosses
Like a little variety y'know?

>my pea brain can only process 2 things at a time so if there's more than one enemy I forget to breathe

Why the fuck do they always fall down and go away when you touch your sword to them too much? What the hell is the deal with the shrinking red line at the bottom of the screen when you're near them? To think this game was called "good"...

>Back when DS3 first released, heard how it took people 60+ tries to beat Nameless King
>Hyped as fuck for a hard boss fight
>Finally get to him in the secret area, think how he's hidden is cool as fuck
>Kill him on my 6th try without a shield
DS3s bosses fucking sucked