Duke Nukem confirmed in Player One Movie

youtube.com/watch?v=VE71JOvLPvE

>tron 3 died for this

the iron giant? nice

Is this meant to be a live action version of Wreck It Ralph combined with Pixels?

>Dude pop culture lmao

Jewberg is such a hack.

in an office, suits twiddle their thumbs
>people like sequels. what do we have?
>we don't have anything big enough.
>oh... humm...
more twiddling.
>how many IPs do we have?
>fifty.
>what we put them all in one movie about something else, but they're the focus, y'know?
twiddling stops

>ready player one

Is that the book with nothing but reddit references?

Orc guy is also using an assault rifle from Halo.

>Duke Nukem
>Iron Giant
>Akira bike
>Halo CE rifles
>Turner and Hooch car

Who the fuck was passing the kid on the left when he entered the club, almost looks like Harley Quinn and Deathstroke

Deadpool and harley quinn walk out of the place at 0:34

it revolves around the adventure atari game easter egg
so this is Sup Forums's state

they are.

there is also Fredy Krueger

"I saw [random IP] and I clapped!": The Movie

Well there's no way it can be a worse movie than a book when it's painfully obvious it would play out better visually, Cline's writing gives /lit/ a collective aneurysm.

In the book there's a story reason for all the pop culture references

God this is gonna be shit

Dude references: the movie

Well then I'm sure it made a perfectly fine novel. This is Hollywood, baby. A giant fucking budget. Your "story reasons" aren't worth shit. There's audiences that need pandering and this is the status fucking quo.

THIS IS FUCKING STUPID. PIXELS 2 CASH IN ON EVERYTHING FAGGOTRY. I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS MOVIE. ALL CAPS MEANS ANGRY.

>Ready Player One
Is there any name for a vidya movie that isn't incessantly and excruciatingly cringy?

>posting member berries

this is an 18+ website

>enjoy thing
>too many things to enjoy at once
>frog overload
>reeee

l-lmao?

You forgot the stupid Delorian

good one

Feels like deathstroke was with the iron giant scene and deadpool was in the club scene because of the headband tails thing which I think is a deathstroke thing

WHAT WAS THE KEY REE

kingdom hearts confirmed lel

Hell yeah! I noticed that to. Had to re watch it a few times to make sure.

>tron 3 died for this
sad if true

>Perfectly fine novel
The scene with that purple club and its gravity disco in the trailer? That's some of the most cringeworthy shit I've read in a long time, this is coming from someone who reads fanfictions for laughs. The book is hijacked by the romance plot and the ending is awful. There were a couple moments of interesting corporate espionage, but there's only so much interest you can get out of hearing a kid explain how to get the perfect game of Pac-Man.

BLOW

Godzilla and Mechagozilla might still show up in this, doubt all the /m/ references will make it in the movie like the original Gundam and Mazinger Z and side kicks.

this is, no exaggeration, the most reddit thing I've seen in my life

Not this guy but. Member berries completely reflects this movie. It looks like a nostalgia trip for late 20 to 30 yo's. While also trying to appeal to the young generation. You so dumb or a troll.

LE POP CULTURE REFERENCE VIDEO GAMES BAZINGA HEHEH US GAMERS AMIRITE?

Looks like shit. When will Hollywood learn to stop making live action video game movies?

Please recommend me funny fanfics

>a movie based on a book which is nothing but 300 pages of memes and references

epic

if I understand it, the plot is basically a "but what if this shit MMO I spend my NEET-life playing all day was actually super important" that a large chunk of anime uses?

I highly doubt it'll even come close to being a decent movie. However the amount of characters, such as the Iron Giant and Freddy Krueger, being mashed into a single movie is very interesting.

Reddit no, late seventies to early nineties yes. Lots of pandering for people who were kids back then. Of course Hollywood wouldn't be happy with such a niche audience so everything's getting replaced with more modern stuff.

yes its american sword art online

its gonna sell and be popular and you'll all prob still pirate it and there is nothing you guys can do to stop it or yourselves

I love meme movies based on meme books.

>niche

Why does the trailer theme sound like fucking Willy Wonka? Am I the only one hearing this?

Book didn't really specify which Gundam it was, just that is was a RX-78 series. Which means it could be anything from Ez-8 to Alex to Dendrobium Orchis.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want the trifecta of "what the fuck did I just read", then My Immortal, Half Life: Full Life Consequences and Doom: Repercussions of Evil.

An autist made the MMO to end all MMOs in VR. Humanity is slowly crumbling, so everyone's using his MMO called the OASIS to escape how awful it is on Earth. Said autist left a gigantic pop culture easter egg search as his will, so whoever found the ultimate easter egg became the sole owner of his share of the company. Whoever managed that would become unbelievably wealthy and able to control the future of net neutrality on the OASIS, and the protag is just a kid going up against a megacorp that wants that share of the company in order to monetize everything.

Relatively, yes. No-one under 30 is going to get any of the references in the book. Making a blockbuster movie that alienates so many potential viewers is suicide.

This is simply a grotesque celebration of mindless consumerism.

it's "Pure Imagination"

Those are the most popular and well-known examples you could possible post. Next you'll recommend Ullillilia's book. You're a fraud...

>Out of all cities they chose Columbus Ohio
>virtual reality focused on videogames
>didn't just make a cyberpunk movie

>You can do anything you want
Then where's the conflict, wheres the rules defining what the fuck you actually can't do? Isn't that like the whole point of creating a semi realistic universe, to have a set of rules the characters can't do, to have a set of goals and things they can't do that they must overcome?

finnegans wake is nonsense kino

>le reference generation

i want to die

You know this means Randy Pitchford is involved

this movie is gonna be B A D A S S

They'll just be replaced by transformers.

This is the first and last time I ask for book recommendations on Sup Forums. I find it funny you people complain about manuals being dead when you people never read.

It's based on a book and the main character does go to Bladerunner world in the book.

When you don't ask for something in even a broad category of legitimately funny or godawful smut or the like, you'll get generic but memorable recommendations. Mock Effect and On Being A Sith Lord stick out as being genuinely amusing.

looks like normie garbage

>Holy grail of pop culture

LWA has a shitload of references, as expected from the westaboos at Trigger.

Wtf is this? Of course this entire board will eat it up

>ok so the audience will always cheer and clap when they see an ebin reference or hear an ebin quip in marvel movies
>WHAT IF WE MADE A WHOLE MOVIE THAT WAS NOTHING BUT EBIN REFERENCES AND QUIPS

Jesus christ, the absolute state of hollywood

if they put him in there somewhere, I will be extremely upset.

Nobody was talking about LWA though.

>Duke Nukem shows up
>Randy Pitchford tries to jump on the bandwagon
>makes lots of shitty "badass" tweets
>posts pictures of his son in a fedora
>tries to advertise BattleBorn
>all of it backfires
I'm anticipating the Sup Forums threads more than the film

I really doubt he would. Normies don't know who doom guy is, they'll mistake him as master chief or something. Douk is already a stretch.

I kinda doubt this, with the success of NuDoom and the death of Halo.

>Normies don't know who doom guy is

those were very comforting words user, i hope you have a blessed day

I'm anticipating watching a stream of this with Sup Forums

If you're looking for something brainless, stupid and makes My Immortal look like a masterpiece, read The Lion, The Octopus And The Redacted.

It will be a le monty python reference

GO GO MY ROBOSCORPIONS

Does the "racing cars" thing was a nod to TrackMania?

The crashing steel balls were obviously from Split Second (which belongs to WB).

>The Joust bird he kills turns into a egg
I'll admit.
I smirked.

it really looks like a robo-scorpion

>not-Pure Imagination starts playing

>robot scorpion looks like a robo-scorpion
You've really opened my eyes, user. How can I see this world the same way ever again?

same colours, dummy

>iron giant
wtf I love this movie now?

>that fucking landwhale poledancing at 0:10

>black and red are the same colors as banana yellow and red
I honestly didn't know there were yellow-colorblind people.

>black
user you're the colour-blind one

I'm ashamed to admit I loved rpo and have read it about 5 times. I know its lot literature or anything but its fun.
That said the movie trailer looked like shit. Wade is supposed to be a fat neckbeard and story is a lot more retarded when the hunt is spy kids 3 style car racing instead of doing obscure shit to reference 80s shit in hopes that it was set up by the developer.

>Ready Player One
>Supposadly about video games
>Talks about old movies 90% of the time
>MC is an unforgivably awful gary stu, perfect at everything
>Forced romance subplot

I actually just read this book because my sister wouldnt shut up about it. This book is one of the most cringe worthy piles of shit I've ever suffered through.

Light shines on the inside of its tail and the base of its tail, letting us compare and contrast between both scorpions. Not only is the tail on the cavalry scorpion NOT yellow, but the only other color we can see on it is clearly either a much darker red or black. I have no idea where you see any yellow or green on the cavalry scorpion.

is there any nintendo reference?

time to wait for Fandango to start selling tix.

This is going to be trash. I died a little every time they played the first three notes of Pure Imagination. Wilder didn't deserve this.

So it's a random fanfiction that for some reason got very popular?

What triggers me is how they are racing using surrogates. Which is completely stupid because you have no feel of the car and no piece of hardware could simulate the real life inertia and physics to drive one well.

read the book not too long ago and remember the writing to be absolute trash but the concept kept me reading so I'm curious if Spielberg can do it justice. probably not.

LOL DUDE REMEMBER THE 80S

WASNT IT EPIC?

BAZINGA

Is this book worth reading? Ive been debating it. I just want am honest answer, not the stereo typical cop out or reddit meme references exdeedeedee

When was the last time Steven Spielberg made a good movie?

>player 1 isnt a fat bitch

DDDDDDDropped

What the fuck is this about? It goes from looking like a sci fi adventure, too sci fi action, to fantasy, to racing.

What in the fuck are they trying to do with this movie?

>What in the fuck are they trying to do with this movie?

everything. literally.

>What in the fuck are they trying to do with this movie?
pander as hard and wide as they can to anyone born in the last 35 years