What's the best magic/sorcerer build in Dark Souls 3 for a complete beginner?

what's the best magic/sorcerer build in Dark Souls 3 for a complete beginner?

put points into INT

Moonlight Greatsword heavy attack

The Kamehameha

This.

>Dark Souls 3
>magic

Pick one.

Unfortunately this.

If you are going to out any points into sorcery at all, you have to FULLY COMMIT to the sorcerer archetype. Any compromise, and your damage will be disappointing. 60 int, good spells, offhand candlestick, dusk crown, and both spellboosting rings, plus sages ring.

The staff you use is pretty flexible, so pick the one that fits your need:
>court sorcerer has most damage before using steady chant
>crystal staff has best damage but only during the 10 seconds of steady chant
>preacher right arm is similar to court sorc. but replaces steady chant with melee attack
>witchtree branch is low damage but replaces sage ring
>heysel pick has medium damage but is a weapon, can boost damage with steady chant, and has a combo with r1->soul greatsword.
>immolation tinder has meh damage but great reach and a decent source of fire damage when you have mostly int. Only tool worth using soul flashsword on because of reach

Dont bother actually using sorcery. Sorcery is shit in ds3. Just put points into INT until you hit 60. Then get yourself a crystal longsword, and the moonlight greatsword or the greatsword of judgment and fuck people up. Your spell can just be their sword beam attack.

If you are aiming for sorcery because they were completely broken damage nukes in Des and DaS1, try pyromancy instead. It's the best pve magic

Magic is no longer easymode in DaS 3? I still haven't played it.

It can be a glass cannon damage nuke class, but not much more. It takes way more investment than other games. Pyromancy is much more flexible

Dark Souls 3 is pretty boring. I guess I sort of enjoyed it, mostly the environments, but the fighting felt rote, and the bosses weren't that impressive. You got cool shit like Wolnir, but the fight is super easy and there's no elaboration on it. Such a shame.

Do you need to put any points in str/dex for int builds?

sword and shield

longsword is the best weapon in the game so just get one, crystal infuse it, and r1 mash to victory
your damage will be shit until somewhere between 40-60 INT though

Sad thing is fists are more viable.

Sorcery is truly shit.

Only for whatever backup weapon you plan on using. If it can be infused, it's best to use crystal, since you need a lot of points to make weapon buffs worth the damage, plus you save an attunement slot.
There is a mechanic where more Dex=more casting speed, but it's better to just use the sages ring. It caps at 50, and sages ring gives effectively 30 Dex for this, +1 gives 35, +2 gives 40, and both witchtree branch and saint-tree bellvine give 40 soft dex for casting speed (it can be held in the offhand for this purpose, it doesn't need to be the casting tool)

No because now everything is Bloodborne monsters that close distance in seconds and spells do jack all against them.

There's hardly any point to even wearing armor.

miracles/magic are complete shit in DS3

i accidentally killed some people in the first shrine

what do i do now

hope that its not too late, invest into faith and start using pyromancy

Sorcery isn't shit, it just requires IRL intelligence to use now instead of stuffing 40 points into INT and skewering everything with CSS.

>be me playing Dark Souls 2
>some cleric dude invades me
>I get really close to finishing him, but he runs off and uses some miracle bullshit to heal himself
>I fall down a hole by accident and the fall damage kills me
>he leaves a dung pie over my dead body

I mad
How do I git gud at Dark Souls 2 PvP?

Who? Firekeeper respawns and the blacksmith can't die so the only things you can really miss out on are pyromancies, sorceries and selling shit. If you're near the start you may as well start again, NG+ sucks anyway.

Unless you're talking about DaS, in which case it doesn't really matter in early game, the Cresfallen Warrior doesn't really do anything and it's actually better to kill Lautric so the shrine doesn't deactivate after ringing the 2 bells.

zero magic

Nerfd to oblivion. Not worth the slots or mp.

not falling in holes is a good start

Still, I rarely win a PvP fight.

How to make a viable sorcerer in Dark Souls 3:

Step 1: Get your Vigor up to 27 ASAP. Level up endurance and int after that
Step 2: get a decently strong Raw weapon to carry you through the start of the game. Even after you start learning some spells a weapon is needed
Step 3: After you beat High Wall of Lothric, head straight for Road of Sacrifices and on to the swamp to get Orbeck and buy some spells
Step 4: Use your raw weapon to beat half the game because magic sucks ass until midgame when you get Logans Scroll

also, if you're a real mans man, the earliest really powerful magic you can get is White Dragon Breath. You only need to beat 4 bosses to get it, and it's very strong. You need to be able to beat Dancer and Oceiros to get it, though.

you're probably not going to win many at this point. Usually you're gonna be up against a bunch of min-maxed/twink faggots that have long-since mastered the controls/mechanics, who get off on torturing new players. Anyone still invading 2 at this point is doing it to be a troll

trolling was always the point of invasions. Invading never gave good rewards in any of the Souls games. The only reason to do it was to fuck with people.

Rush High Wall and through Undead Settlement with a Raw Broadsword, skip most encounters save Vordt which is the only mandatory one after Gundyr. Get Orbeck from Road of Sacrifices and the Heretic's Staff near him. But Great Heavy Soul Arrow from him and use that and your Rawsword to decimate the rest of the game. Don't forget to get the Sage's Coal in Farron Keep to get Crystal infusions for things like the Longsword/Lothric Knight Sword, and give Orbeck one scroll from Farron Keep before killing Watchers or else he's gone forever.

Alternatively you can kill Dancer (ideally with Dark Hand from Yuria) and Oceiros (Bandit's Knife for bleed) early to get the MLGS which will be an amazing melee weapon for INT builds throughout the whole game.

magic for pve is good but it takes a very long time to come online and until then you'll be playing as a gimped melee build

you can get some nice damage by making a raw weapon and then buffing it with great magic weapon (which you can get pretty early in the game, before abyss watchers), maybe do this with a light weapon and use flynn's ring?

some of the utility spells like spook or hidden body can make traversing through levels a lot easier

also you'll want to play as a girl since the crown of dusk is basically mandatory and looks ridiculous on male characters

fuck you

I mostly agree with this, but there's also been some really good pyromancies locked behind covenant. Chaos servants in 1 got chaos storm, Great chaos fireball was in 2, and if you're into hosting fight clubs moundmakers gave warmth.

Archer, Sorcerer, or something else?

Tbh faith is better than magic if you want an easy build. Raw Longsword + 45 or higher Faith + Lightning Blade. The downside is pretty much requiring lightning blade on to do your full damage, but you can just mash R1 and destroy pretty much everything. Throwing on a deep protection or the buff from Sunlight Straight Sword can help you absorb some hits too.

magic is fine, the people crying about it being useless haven't played since launch. certainly better than faith in the early game.

it's not great for solo PvP, however, unless you do that gimmicky backstep shit with homing soulmass + CSS.

archer naked with flynn's ring, leo ring and eventually dragon form is pretty fun

>be me
why is my filter not working

Fuck off, warrior

>It can be a glass moderate damage class
fixed that for you

For "complete beginner" I'd suggest something melee/buff oriented, rather than purely relying on spells. A dex/int build is good, since flat damage buffs naturally go well with attack speed. Start with the mercenary class, who has a great dex weapon and oh so coincidentally happens to have exactly enough attunement and int to attune and cast Magic Weapon (which you can get from Yoel). You'll want to get the rest of your sorceries from Orbeck, fuck around and see what you like to use.

General leveling: You'll want to buff up your int to around 15-20 for access to a good amount of spells early-mid game, eventually bringing it to 40, and otherwise focus on HP until you're comfortable and dex until it hits 40. Endurance can be either modestly increased or just ignored, since most dex weapons are extremely easy on stamina consumption.