XBCX General

XBCX General

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4848935/xenoblade-chronicles-2-interview/
mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/monolith-soft-talk-xenoblade-chronicles-2-for-nintendo-switch/
gamefaqs.com/wii-u/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/faqs/72913
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll say this, it's too bad I played BotW before this. XBCX feels kinda jank comparatively.

However,
>cool mechs

Nah

I like the female body proportions on this game.

>too

>much

>text

If you like these, you gotta give nier automata a try. You won't regret it.

Why you posting Automata in here?

I was around Chapter 7 and stopped playing it once BotW was released. Once I'd finished BotW, I went back to XBCX. It took an hour or so to get back into it, but I'm starting to really enjoy it again.

It's a JRPG I honestly have no idea why you didn't expect lots of text.

She's real, unlike those shitty avatar bodies Elma and her pals have.

>Text font is also fucking tiny

I started XBCX by itself, and have never played any other XBC game. Toom some time to get used to everything, manual or not.

I dunno, it's a very herky-jerky game. Lots of work for the payoffs. And mah gawd so much fucking weeaboo dialogue.

Ayylma's real body is better than her mim anyway

Should of played the first game instead.
Better story, no necessary farming shit, and a better party

Switch port when?
I'd get the console and rebuy the game in a heartbeat

Open world? Flying mechs? World-nemesis gigantihuge monsters? dat ass?

I fucking LOVED this game. I never played XBC, bought this one on a whim and fell in love with it straight away. I'm finally playing through XBC now and I'm enjoying it, though not as much as I did with X. I prefer exploration over story so that's not a surprise, i guess.

Hopefully Monolith will juggle between numbered and X series for Xenoblade because I too preferred the open world exploration of X and would really like to play X2.

I got it when I got my Wii U and it was probably other then Sm4sh the most played game I had on it.

I just wish that it was replayable, because not only is there no NG+, but the skells and the flight make going back almost impossible.

>fucking weeaboo dialogue
That Tatsu stuff could have been cut. In fact, the Nopon in general could have been cut.

>the Nopon in general could have been cut
Fuck. Yes.

Are you stupid? There's own section for generals. Get off you fucking faggot. Please erase this thread.

I'll give you open world.
Flying mechs are cool for the open world, but they balanced how they work in combat terribly, and their arts are so boring to use.
World-nemesis kinda doesn't mean much, its a post-game thing that is easy enough to trounce in mechs from what I've seen.
Xeno 1 girls were hotter

Nah. We'll talk about it here. In the video game channel.

Literally the worst "online" I've ever seen in a video game.

>Xeno 1 girls were hotter
Proove it.

>not liking the best side mission

>Sold my WiiU for my Switch

Hope this comes to Switch desu.
They said they might after XC2 is out.

That or wait till CEMU pick themselves up.
1.8.X is great and makes the game run at 30fps no problem but theres tonnes of crashes. Random crashes too like could crash 30 seconds into the game or 30 minutes.

the side missions in X were so fucking good

post the gurren lagann one

Yeah, we heard you the first time.

we used to have a /vg/ general but it died

>XCX thread
>People don't post their mims

I haven't changed my look for the longest time.

Mims themselves don't help, lets get some names in here. Anyone from the old general?

I really hope they port this game to the switch. I was super close buying wii u for this game but couldnt justify purchasing a console for only 1 game (that I wanted to play)

Unfortunately I borrowed it from a friend so I don't have it anymore or the Wii u but this game was a fucking fun

It was hard not to use he six star heavy armor because it makes girls thick as shit

I've been playing Zodiac Age recently and it's been making me realize that one of the reasons I loved XBX so much was that it's essentially an upgraded FF12.

Which in turn makes me wish we had a game with the open world of XBX but set in Ivalice with something like the Tactics A2 race/job system.

>meme mim
insta-closed the image

I know they're planning on bigger explorable environments in XC2.

>They said they might after XC2 is out.
No, they didn't.

>that scene in the ending when the camera off the mech zooms in on her ass

It isn't coming to Switch. It would compete with XC2

exploration is an even bigger focus on XC2 than XCX according to Takahashi

Lastly, I thought Xenoblade Chronicles X was a wonderful game, and also wonderfully different from Xenoblade Chronicles. But it feels like Mario Kart 8, in that it was constrained by the Wii U's limited audience. Any chance we might see it come to the Switch?
Thank you for that feedback. I think we're currently completely focused on creating Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and even after I go back to Japan, I have a mountain of tasks that I need to overcome. But I would love to think about it, after the development for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is completed.

time.com/4848935/xenoblade-chronicles-2-interview/

Rude

>Side quest of the Nopon cheating on her husband

That's not the best side mission. But the best side mission IS a Nopon one

I'm relatively close to 100% completion, though I've just finished the main story (around 86% done by then) and haven't really started working on OP setups that will carry me through the last few missions and Tyrants yet.

I was surprised to see how active the online seems to still be, I auto-completed squad tasks all the time over the past month. I wonder if some are bots.

Poor Gwin, all he ever wanted was to lick Irina's brother's "weapon"

Also, I had heard nightmare stories about the Rexoskell fight in the Ganglion Antropolis, but after slapping some Beam-resistant armor on everyone it was a relatively straightforward fight, it just lasted like 15 minutes and I had a couple rather close calls throughout.

Is there an uncensor patch for this game? I want to play it on Cemu.

I never really got far in the aftergame because I was too stupid to full understand the combat system.
How does Overdrive Work and how do you abuse it? and what are the best ways to grind BP and the rack up class levels?
I've been meaning to get back into the game for a few weeks now and its about time I figured this shit out.

>How does Overdrive Work and how do you abuse it?
Overdrive is really simple, just build up 3000 TPs and activate it from the icon in the middle. It lasts several seconds, which you can increase through skills, augments and by using differently-colored arts in a certain order (you can find what each order does online). If you can build up 3000 more TPs while in Overdrive, you can hit its button again and refresh it, again and again keeping you in Overdrive indefinitely. Just search for infinite Overdrive builds to see what weapons, techs and skills you need to achieve that, there are many.

>and what are the best ways to grind BP and the rack up class levels?
If you're in postgame, just go to the online Division Terminal in the BLADE Barracks and repeatedly do the Support Missions that unlocked after chapter 12, their entire purpose is easy grinding.

Why is the fint so tiny

I love this game

>tfw they're probably already working on XCX2

Thanks for the advice user.
I never went to the division terminal because I thought they were multiplayer only, but I guess they're not. Good to Know.

Anyone here still actually play? I thought the majority stopped ages ago

I was thinking of picking it back up and doing a no fast travel run once I'm done with BotW Master Mode

They usually are, but that set of missions you get post-game isn't. Also, do you mean you never went to that terminal at all? Because that's where you can exchange the reward tickets you get from squad tasks (and you'll have completed at least a few automatically unless you never played with the online active) for any enemy drop that you can then use to complete quests and for crafting. You can also receive a unique item every day depending on how well your division ranked, ranging from a prize that can be sold for 30.000 credits, items you can use in-battle like full repairs for the party or Skells or extra Skell repair tickets. It's definitely worth checking.

I bought the game at launch, sank some 50 hours in it, got Skells, and then I had to stop playing because of university deadlines. I just failed to pick it back up when I would've had time again a few months later because other games I wanted to play had come out since, but graduating and the Xenoblade 2 E3 gameplay finally lit a fire under my ass, so I started it over and played it a ton over the past month. I'll play it for a little longer, but my goal was to finish it before Xenoblade 2 is out.

God I hope so, XB2 looks like an absolute mess.

nah looks fucking amazing. They just need to fix that grass pop in

I disagree very strongly.

>filename
If you had no shame you'd also be parading around in diving bottoms rather than shorts.

Those shorts look cuter on her in my opinion than the diving bottoms. I also tried the casual jean shorts, and while those show a lot more of her lower belly, they don't come with the cute boots.

I've considered anything, do not disrespect me.

I used the division terminal for materials, but nothing else in my play through. It goes that really need to pay more attention to the manual in games like this. Those skell repair tickets would come in handy with how reckless I am with my skells.

In the first Xenoblade nopons were adorable, in X nopons went full jew

clearly you didn't do the side quests in XC1

The manual is good but doesn't quite explain everything, I preferred regularly checking the Xenoblade wiki when new mechanics got introduced to make sure I was always up to speed and had prior knowledge on how to make everything work out optimally. It's certainly a complex game, but I don't find it overwhelming or needlessly complicated.

Nah they're combining them

I know what he said about 2's exploration, but he also said this: mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/monolith-soft-talk-xenoblade-chronicles-2-for-nintendo-switch/

>“It’s a completely different world, with completely new characters. It’s a different game. The way I see it, I feel as though Xenoblade 1 and 2 are connected and linked in the sense that they’re linear and story-driven games, whereas Xenoblade Chronicles X was more focused on open world and exploration, and maybe an online aspect. I feel like I’d like to continue to create games separating those two aspects out.”

Which I think makes it clear Xenoblade X is considered a different style of game altogether and he wouldn't just be content with making bigger areas in more linear games like 2.

They were always jew

So now that Square remembered Xenogears exists again what would happen if Square actually makes a new Xeno- game on their own? It's not like Monolith/Nintendo actually controls the Xeno- prefix.

It either takes the better part of a decade to come out after its announcement yet it's somehow still as incomplete as Xenogears (look at FFXV and tell me it isn't structured exactly like Xenogears due to time constraints and budget cuts) or they give it to one of their minor studios who puts out a good but not terribly interesting nostalgia-bait game.

>they give it to one of their minor studios who puts out a good but not terribly interesting nostalgia-bait game.
That's more along the lines of what I'm thinking, XG showing up in WoFF, the Figureheads skins, now this, it might be Square is looking for properties from their back catalog that people might still remember.

I guess it would be like Far Cry 2 being made by Ubisoft after Crytek went off to make Crysis.

Where the fuck is Phog?

Maybe Tokyo RPG Factory could finally move on from apeing Chrono Trigger and start taking from Xenogears instead. Although I'm sure no plot in a game will ever come anywhere close to Xenogears again, just like it hasn't in the past twenty years.

Residential district, construction site west of Deliverance Park. I forgot if you can always speak to him or if he only starts showing up after a recruitment mission though.

His regular location? West of the park in the residential area, next to the construction materials.

He's located at exactly this game is garbage and dead stop playing it. Hope that helps!

is there any other game that take the XBCX approach and just lets me be the goofy sidekick of the main character and be a rude nerd to people on my off time?

Oh, by the way, if he's not there, he must be at the location of one of his heart-to-hearts.

Oh, if anons are in a helpful mood:

I usually keep Elma in my party. I just finished CH.9 and the Flight Module missions, however I can't find her at her usual spot in the barracks. Is she somewhere else? Can I put her in my team, or is there some story block against her in my party atm?

What was the best affinity mission so far?

Same case as

FXII. Though that game has a good story and characters (combat kind of sucks though)..

Yeah I just googled this and now have to figure out what heart to hearts are. Yet another new thing I know nothing about.

when she is not in the barracks try to search her in the industrial or residential district its a heart to heart conversation

gamefaqs.com/wii-u/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/faqs/72913

it'd be shit like FFXV. The talent that made xenogears is almost all gone or transferred to MS

are we getting story dlc or a followup game?