Sonic Mania Thread: Coming in on 21 days

San Diego Comic Con news presumably incoming soon. It's more of a development of- kind of thing, but I'm hopeful for some sort of trailer.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SonicNewsNow/status/888936636066746369
comiccon2017.sched.com/event/BQ4E/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=Yii1u2Lz-II
youtube.com/watch?v=RAySLwviwmg&feature=youtu.be&t=390
twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/888928358079148032
twitter.com/SonicNewsNow/status/888943183274672128
youtube.com/watch?v=VxwNzCp0ADw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just want to know what are going to be the special stages to get the Emeralds.

Daily reminder that if you hate Tee's creations that instantly transforms you into a contrarian faggot.
Also join here it's comfy cytu be/r/vidyamusic

it'll be 22 days tomorrow, user, not 21.

well fuck me

twitter.com/SonicNewsNow/status/888936636066746369

Hum

Sonic was never good

t. ign

t. arin

Reminder for Mania's panel SDCC. It'll be held 7:30pm-8:30pm (PST) and slight details are here:
comiccon2017.sched.com/event/BQ4E/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes
>"Takashi Iizuka (head of Sonic team), Christian Whitehead (developer, Sonic Mania), Simon Thomley (programmer, Sonic Mania), Tom Fry (artist, Sonic Mania), and Tee Lopes (composer, Sonic Mania) discuss the road to development behind the upcoming Sonic Mania video game and share new insights about the game. Moderated by Aaron Webber (Sonic social media manager)."

t. Sup Forums

Wouldn't say that. It just wasn't ever great. Genesis games are still enjoyable but they were no where near the level of platforming as Mario was.

It's almost 3am where I am. Might as well stay up for the news coming up.

Ok, so be honest Sup Forums.

Is there any OC from Archie that anyone truly WANTS back?

I mean, fuck, is there even anyone (outside of pic related) that you'd even just be OK with even showing up in the new comics?

FINAL TRAILER IS COMING, MANIA ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER WAS EXACTLY A YEAR AGO TODAY. NOT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE, GET HYPE.

THE RASCAL IS COMING.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yii1u2Lz-II

Honey

Make sure to brush your teeth.

I 100% agree there

What was that guy's name again?

who?

Honey is from Sonic The Fighters

Well I guess I don't want anyone from the comic back

>mfw a bunch of Sonic ROMhackers are gonna end up making a more critically well received and better selling Sonic game than Sonic Team's game

already have, but thanks for the reminder.

t. IGN
>inb4 b-buh dei test fizix
Wrong, retard:

youtube.com/watch?v=RAySLwviwmg&feature=youtu.be&t=390

Strange, isnt it?

guys they're going to tell us what's in the hole at the panel, I just fucking know it

behold! the image that should be stickied for every sonic thread

Honey's from Fighter's re-release.

Have the developers commented on cutscenes being in the game at all?

Ill post this in every sonic thread

They're not just a bunch of Sonic romhackers. Taxman completely remade Sonic 1, 2, CD and 3&K from the ground up and they're all the best versions of the games you can buy now. Just a shame the 3&K remake is in limbo.

Well fuck, the man doesn't stray very far away from from his roots.

And the Sonic 3 rep that's inside the hole

twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/888928358079148032

They've said transitions will be like in S3&K, but they haven't ruled out an animation of some sort. I don't think there will be an intro cutscene desu. Stuff for the credits might be a thing though.

There are few, and any that there are are done in the S&K3 style.

If they reveal Hydrocity tonight, Oil Ocean is kill and Mystic Cave is very likely

(1/3)

Hello anons, I am part of the team working to port Mania to Switch.

All of the games besides CD will "double dip". Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles will both have a 3rd zone in Mania as well.

Sonic 1:
-Green Hill Zone
-Scrap Brain Zone

Sonic 2:
-Chemical Plant Zone
-Mystic Cave Zone
-Hidden Palace Zone

Sonic 3:
-Hydrocity Zone
-Ice Cap Zone

Sonic & Knuckles:
-Flying Battery Zone
-Lava Reef
-Sky Sanctuary

Sonic CD:
-Stardust Speedway

Having 2 zones that are back to back in the game they originate from isn't a problem with the team, because all of the levels in Mania will be ordered differently and spread out. For example, though Sonic 2 has two back to back zones in Mania, the levels are spread out in between zones from 1, 3, &K, and CD, as well as the new/original zones; therefore they aren't back to back in Mania.

We didn't feel that using Oil Ocean was appropriate, because Scrap Brain is already in the game, and that level already has industrial plant aesthetics. We couldn't use two of them. That would be like using Hydrocity and Labyrinth.

There will also be 7 brand new zones. Two of them are already revealed, as Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon.

5 of the new zones will have the Hardboiled Heavies as the boss, and one of the others will be used as a semi-final Heavies boss gauntlet type zone. The last one will be the Zone where we fight Eggman, and similar to Doomsday Zone in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, there will be a final boss act that is separate from any other zones, though this time there will be a different one depending one which character you are playing as.

It's more fun to make fun of Sonic Team though. Plus a bunch of people from Pagoda West were in the Sonic ROMhacking scene as well back in the day

>re-release.
She was in the original too, though unused.

>won't paint his glamrock face
Buzzkill.

There could be intro/credits animations, but the rest of the cutscenes are being done in 3&K style.

(2/3)

The 7 new zones will be:

-Studiopolis Zone: Heavy Gunner

-Mirage Saloon Zone: Heavy Wrangler

-Sakura Synagogue Zone: This zone will be the zone where you face off with the Heavy Shinobi, and it will be an ancient Japanese garden filled with sakura flowers. The first act is a really pretty outdoors area, and at the end of the first zone you will reach the entrance to a Cathedral. The 2nd act will be inside of the cathedral, as seen in the leaked screen from the liscensing event from a couple months ago.

-Howling Fortress Zone: In this zone, you will face the Heavy Knight. This zone is a stormy medieval castle filled with lightning, jousting badniks, wrecking balls, and more. The first act will be inside of the castle, and the 2nd act will be exploring the top of the castle. The boss will absorb lightning with his ball and chain and then try to smash it on you, simultaneously emitting a shockwave. The end of the zone will be your character hopping onto a piece of the castle as it is collapsing, and it will take you straight into Lava Reef.

-Illusion Shore Zone: This zone is home to the Heavy Trickster. It is a beach zone with magic trick elements like things popping out of magical top hats, and trails of platforms made out of playing cards. The level will also feature a wakeboarding section. The boss will be able to cast spells on you. Mainly shrinking you so he is way bigger than you, though he can also cast spells on you to increase gravity and grabbing the platforms you are on and throwing them at you.

Taxman's head doesn't look attached to his body

Oh fuck really?

I thought she was designed as an homage to some Tekken stuff, holy fuck was I wrong

Wait until he wipes the sweat off his brow and turns his face blue

(3/3)

-Mega Egg Zone: In this zone you will get on Eggman's newest iteration of the Death Egg and attempt to stop him. This zone will be where you face off all 5 Heavies one last time. The level will be a brand new version of the Death Egg unlike anything you've seen before. The first 3 (Heavy Gunner, Heavy Wrangler, and Heavy Knight) will be the boss of Act 1. The 2nd Act will be where you face off the Heavy Shinobi and Heavy Magician. This zone will be the only one in Mania to have 3 Acts, and in the 3rd one you will face off a new iteration of Metal Sonic, and you will battle on the surface of the Mega Egg.

-Marvelous Moon Zone: After defeating Metal Sonic the Mega Egg crash lands on the moon, though that is where Eggman was headed the whole time. Though there have been many zones in space, there has never been one on the moon. This zone is a true test of your skill, and in this Zone you will face off with Eggman once and for all.

Here is some other little details too.

Amy will in fact be an unlockable character if you beat the game, but she will have no story unlike the other characters, and she will be the hard mode, as she has the weakest jump and speed. Her ability will be the insta-shield, but she does it with her hammer.

The special stage will be a race course with new elements, as well as elements taken from previous special stages.

The bonus stages (the ones you get from having 50 rings at a checkpoint), will be one of four things: a revamped version of Blue Spheres, a revamped version of the Rotating Maze, a revamped version of the Half Pipe, and a revamped version of the UFO Stages.

A Taxman & Stealth remake of Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be bundled in with Mania for free on launch day as a surprise.

Have fun.

>Mystic Cave
pls. I love the theme I want to see scrubs bitch about the bottomless spike pit

L A V A R E E F W H E N
A
V
A

R
E
E
F

W
H
E
N

>A Taxman & Stealth remake of Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be bundled in with Mania for free on launch day as a surprise.
DON'T YOU PLAY WITH ME YOU LITTLE SHIT

What about the music?

Okay sure, whatever.

will the new Sonic be good?

Damn it all! I can tell this is true somehow. I'll try to forget this, but thanks anyway.

>Oh fuck really?
Yes she was in the arcade version's data but unfinished until the re-release. Also she's a Sonicfied version of a character of the same name from Fighting Vipers.

I fucking know this is bullshit. But it's something I actually want. These levels seem pretty dope, but it'll never be real.
Hug me Sup Forums

>Sakura Synagogue

oy vey

Why the fuck did you type all this? It's not trolling because non of this is believable and it's not funny either. It's just shit

sonic the fighters was based around fighting vipers only replacing the characters with sonic characters, honey is literally designed off a character with the same name in fighting vipers. She was unused in the OG version because her eyes were bugged out or something

SHADOW WHEN

This is the ultimate fanfiction from all of the anons ideas from every sonic mania thread bundled together, do not believe this

Daily reminder is it a fact the hard boiled heavies turn on eggman, its on the offical wiki, if you mentioned that, I would of believed you

>A Taxman & Stealth remake of Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be bundled in with Mania for free on launch day as a surprise.

Nope.

I mean, the rest of what you said is obviously under NDA anyways, and pretty much everything you just said is absolutely fake, but there's no way Sega would just give up on the chance for free money with bundling S3&K.

Hahahahaha kill yourself. This is fake as fuck.
-TomPoster

>this will never be real

Yuji Naka is a hack

>Sakura Synagogue
I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did

Aaron is losing his hair, isn't he

For Ice Cap, the team was able to work things out with Brad Buxter (the guy who has the rights to Ice Cap's music). With Carnival Night, there was only a small section of the music that actually had liscensing issues (1 or 2 measures of the song), so we just removed it and had Tee replace it with something equally as good. The rest of the music like Launch Base and stuff wasn't able to be resolved, so we had Tee also make a brand new track for it. It isn't the exact same, but it still captures the same vibe and is amazing. In my opinion better than the original, and its obviously leagues above that PC midi format version.

He made it literally too good to possibly be true

STOP LYING BRO

WHY YOU GOTTA LIE LIKE THAT AND GET MY HOPES UP

I don't get the joke, can someone explain?

I'll accept any fake leak as fact if it has Hydrocity Zone in it, I'm so desperate for that zone to be in the game.

>For Ice Cap, the team was able to work things out with Brad Buxter (the guy who has the rights to Ice Cap's music). With Carnival Night, there was only a small section of the music that actually had liscensing issues (1 or 2 measures of the song), so we just removed it and had Tee replace it with something equally as good. The rest of the music like Launch Base and stuff wasn't able to be resolved, so we had Tee also make a brand new track for it. It isn't the exact same, but it still captures the same vibe and is amazing. In my opinion better than the original, and its obviously leagues above that PC midi format version.

At least try.

Brad Buxter shares joint rights to Ice Cap's music with Sammy Sega, he does not have the rights all to himself.

The Jackson Estate actually owns the license to Carnival Night's entire track, not just the few bars.

>Sakura Synagogue

IS ANYBODY STREAMING THE PANEL???

HERESY
I hear he is a jackass though

Sonic 3 Complete is a gift to men

no stream

Nope

Not as far as we know. Personally I'm betting on for a shitty phone stream by a random person.

Sakura means Cherry Blossoms in Japanese.

You remember what Synagogue means, right?

A hack can be right sometimes. Just look at Kojima

There is without a doubt no way Hydrocity isn't gonna be in Mania. It's the most beloved water level in the franchise aside from maybe Aquarium Park.

HOW LONG UNTIL THE PANEL

Yeah, I heard that as well. Supposedly egotistical.

13 minutes

>We will never have a Taxman Remaster that's basically just S3C

No one would be. We'll probably get a phone recording put on Youtube or something later.

14 minutes. Sega disallowed streams.

I'm going to lose my job for this but whatever

N-No, I can't read moonrunes. Am I supposed to?

No, SDCC disallow official streams, but may allow recordings to be put up 24 hours later

Beautiful

get in here fags we're watching Sonic shit

Good god.

twitter.com/SonicNewsNow/status/888943183274672128

LETS GO BOYS

No, please explain

So, Cherry Church?

Now it's 11 min away.

>Most beloved water level
>Hyrdocity

Fuck you?

youtube.com/watch?v=VxwNzCp0ADw