Why does Sup Forums hate sports games?

Why does Sup Forums hate sports games?

>inb4 "just go outside"

Most of Sup Forums hates sports games because most of Sup Forums could care less about sports, did you really need to make a thread about this?

You have the power to create anything that the human imagination can produce, and you create a fucking sports game? Go fuck yourself if you actually like sports games you philistine.

I love 2k and fifa but I don't talk about it here. Because I play with my friends.

I'm only here to talk about not casual games if I wanted to talk about 2k, cod, Pokemon etc I would talk about it with my friends

We don't "hate" them they're just not really worth talking about save for a few exceptions. It's not like we have threads that shit on sports titles every day.

Fuck off

At least sports games have more content than the cinematic experiences that get shilled out nowadays.

nba 2k is fun at times, but I refuse to pay for that shit again. no more. I bet I would stomp every nerd here at madden.

>tfw 6ft8 beast in the paint

doc might could take me

I don't like sports. Go talk about your madden normiefag crap somewhere else.

Do we still really divide people into jocks and nerds? Is this an American thing?

Kyrie isn't leaving r-right?

The only "sports" game I ever enjoyed was Smackdown Vs Raw 06/07

I played WWE 2K15 and it felt so dumbed down it was borderline insulting

>implying Pokemon is casual

Fuck off xynt

I rather physically play sports. I don't get the fun of watch/playing video games based off sports.

fuck off larry

Sports games are for niggers and dudebros. I also don't find them fun at all except for mma, wrestling and racing.

NFL Blitz is probably the most amazing game I've played as a child.

>try to hard to be a sim so there's no arcadey fun
>not a good enough sim to sperg out about

I wish there was a mario hockey

I wanna fight u

I don't any black people who play Fifa. The highest selling sports. White folks play that game

Some of us can't just go out and play sports. I can ball, but I don't have enough friends who would want to play with me, nor do I live in the suburbs where I could just join a pick up game or something.

>leaveland

This reminds me of a time in college when a professor asked one student what their favorite sport was. The redneck student replied with wrestling & the class chuckled at him.

Everyone knows that 2016/2017 Cavs was a one-off dream team. It's done and LeBron is leaving next year as well.

>tfw title ix killed real wrestling

He's going to the Knicks

Do you live near a gym? I just play basketball every once in a while there after im off work.

I'll break it down for your retarded ass
>sports games used to be unique in that each game had its own weird mechanics and quirks and there was experimentation and flair (NBA jam, Tecmo Bowl, NFL Blitz)
>There was annual releases, like Madden, but there were other games to keep the genre from being monopolized
>Then the big companies bought all the licences for the big sports leagues and now shit out annual releases with minimal changes that have worse gameplay than earlier installments in the game 15 years ago
>no more unique sports games outside of Mario

>nor do I live in the suburbs where I could just join a pick up game or something
Uuuuhhhhhhhh wut
Urban areas are much better for pickup basketball (which is what I assume you meant by ball)

You do know wrestling is actually a sport right?

Lebron is as well after next season. Enjoy that 1 title, because Cleveland won't see another one for a very long time.

No he's not. The Knicks can only offer Melo. You can't tell me a team of Bron, Melo, and Love is going to do shit. The only deal that makes sense is Kyrie to the Heat for Dragic a young player, and some picks.

Rasslin games are the only good sports games BECAUSE it's fake. Unlike other sports you can't just go to your neighborhood park and start fake fighting in anime action storyline.

Nba 2k11 changed sports gaming forever in a good way

The perfected the best engine why tinker with it?

>I bet I would stomp every nerd here at madden.

I main the Jaguars and I'd still thrash you by at least 30 points

What I meant was, I don't live in areas where there are courts available for playing. There might be one or two somewhere, but they're usually stacked with kids shooting.

You'll forever have this game though.

I play for manager mode, but the only sports I care about are Hockey and Soccer, and only one of these get ported to PC

I love NBA Street and Burnout.

Problem is, they are both dead series. Sports simulation games like Madden and shit are the worst things ever because of how fucking slow and boring they are. There is no flair, style, or spectacle to those games whatsoever.

The scene from The IT Crowd where Moss is going over the events of the soccer match and simplifying everything down to what is strictly happening. That is how I feel about those shitty realistic sports games.

"Oh man, they are tossing the ball to that guy, he caught it now hes running, oh he's tackled, first down. Time to switch it up. They are running the ball with that guy, oh he's tackled, first down. Time to switch it up. They are tossing the ball to that guy, he caught it now he's running, touchdown, points awarded, team will kick a field goal and the other team will get to do the exact same thing over again now, presumably."

Shit like NBA Street has something beyond the monotony.

Sports games today are less games and more simulations.

I don't care about sports, so why would I want to simulate X or Y matchup between team A and team B, or imagine what-if scenarios on different team configurations? I don't give a shit. As such, simulations are of no interest.

Pic related is a sports GAME, and it rocks. There's plenty of enjoyable sports games. As for me though, simulations aren't interesting, and compose just about the entirety of today's sports game output. As such, I have no reason to play or discuss them.

I agree

It doesn't even have to have super powers or OC characters. Just give me stylish and amped up sorts games.

>64 version

Ew.

NBA Hangtime is one of my favorite snes games of all time. I still have my cart with my perfect character on it with like 700 wins and no losses on it.

I unironically enjoy Madden, however no pc version, so.

I'm really desperate for a good sports game I can play indefinitely.

Right now Assetto Corsa is my main racing game.

Other games I'm looking at getting into right now is Fire Pro Wrestling World and maybe an updated Tecmo Bowl mod. Anything thats fun for single player really.

Everyone knows Lebron runs Cavs and he'd rather want Melo than some future picks.

Mario Strikes was the best sports game ever made.

I hear 08 is good with updated mods. Apparently 07-08 is many peoples favorite installment as well.

Same. Madden gets a lot of shit for being really samey every year but ever since the Madden hype train died with the disaster that was Madden 12 the Madden crew has been humbled and the product isn't bad anymore

Draft Champions is seriously the best thing to happen to Madden, it changes enough to give the game replay value

MUT is cancer though

I think they're boring and I don't understand anything about sports

>the revenge for 3-1 was to completely annihilate the Cavs franchise

Sports games are for normies, and I say that as someone who lives away from their parents, has a job and a girlfriend(female).

But I have none of those and enjoy sports games

What if I live with my parents don't hvae a job or girlfriend but enjoy sports games

>Jags
that's because Madden still thinks Bortles is a franchise QB and the allen brothers are B tier receivers

What I don't understand is how they didn't land a single big name player during this off season. They're still the best shot at beating the Warriors in the East, or at least they were until the Kyrie trade rumors start.

Or maybe it's too much. I love Lebron, but four straight Cavs-Dubs finals are too much.

>MUT is cancer though
kill yourself. Playing the solos is like grinding in any other RPG. Big deal.

I find a problem with games like Madden is that they're not very outsider friendly and do little to educate the player on mechanics, rules and lingo. I can figure out original XCOM just fine but I'm still godawful at sports games.

Lebron has zero say anymore since he's leaving next season.

just go outside

I play 2k nba sometimes

I used to play madden until the ruined it with 13.

>tfw nobody to play tennis with

As a sports fan I'll just say this:

They're sometimes fun in bursts for like, a fantasy thing with either My player mode where you can make your own star or as a like team runner who can make your favorite team not shit, but generally the game are buggy, very bad for "serious" competitive play and they definitely have the look of a cash grab since they get yearly iterations that don't really change all that much.

All of them are pay to win so that streamers can just make easy money.

I just want basketball. Now, they have lots of content and that awful story mode was amazing, but it's like a fucking MMO. My guy trips when dribbling, can't make shots, can't dunk, can't do anything, and if I go online to just compete people either just pick those All-Star teams with 99 overall or it's their create-a-character with maxed stats and they just run to the 3 point line and sink shots until they win.

There's no fun in it for anyone. You're supposed to just mindlessly give them money until you win by default.

MUT is fucking cancer though. Draft Champions is MUT without RNG cancer and without everyone having a RossVick offense

Bortles is like an overall 76

It's mostly because the Jaguars are physically one of the best teams in the game but their average awareness is probably last of all the teams

it can be fun if you get a good team, the 6v6 mode in NHL was pretty fun at times. the NBA 2k series is just a bunch of ballhogs but what else would you expect from nigs

In what way? I'm curious

In what way? I'm curious

I like 'em.

The Madden comp meta reminds me so much of certain fighting games. In both head to head or mut if you run into a player of similar skill level but you don't know the matchup you'll have a bad time unless you capitalize on every mistake

They are the same game every year, yeah they are kinda fun for a while but thats it, they get boring fast.

98% of Sup Forums is weebs. Weebs just don't like sports unless it's some animu style garbage.

I think I know you. Did you mostly play manager mode?

STEPHENNNNNNNNNNNNNN

CUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY

It's not Sup Forums's main interest I suppose. This place talks more about weeb games, action games, and rpgs. Both sport and racing games are the genres that are discussed the least in here.

I don't want a snake on my team, he can go

Fight Night and OOTP are both based

Nah MyCareer. I just like to play off-ball and as one player. Might be some other nerd you're thinking of.

How is MyCareer? I feel like I can't trust AI to not fuck up.

I don't really like simulators in general and sports games more often than not end up just being simulators. I dig more arcadey games, though admittedly all the time I spent in NBA Playgrounds recently just made me wanna play NBA Jam instead. It's not a bad game though and for a "modern" NBA Jam it's as good as I can hope for.

to be fair 2k15 is a massive step down from both the game immediately preceding it and the game immediately succeeding it, due to the jump to next-gen (despite not really taking any real advantage of it.)

Not that 2k16 or 2k17 are amazing, but they're passable at least. Honestly the only reason I don't just stick with 07 and it's godlike GM mode is a mixture of being too lazy to hook up my PS2 and wanting to play as AJ and D-Bry

Sup Forums doesn't hate sports games. Make a Backyard Baseball thread tomorrow and see how many people whinge and cry about "muh sports games" instead of talking about how much they love that nigga Pablo or something.

The problem is sports games these days tend to almost all just boil down to the same couple of yearly franchises and they generally aren't very interesting unless you're already into that sport to begin with.

bow down to your god

the GOAT sports game

only casuals will disagree

Isn't this management only?

this shit is just full autism

yes, you become a GM for a team. One of the most challenging but rewarding games out there.

le shoot 3 points man

Funny how when just 1 of the superstars is gone, the team goes to trash and loses a 3-1 advantage against the cavs

Can I get into it if I have very little clue about baseball?

Sport sims are fucking boring.
That's all.

There are sports games I've enjoyed.
Technically, racers are sports games. Burnout is rad, F-Zero is rad, WipEout is rad.
Fighters are technically sports games. I love Tekken.
Fantasy sports games are tight, where they take real sports and make then F U N or invent a new sport themselves.

But sport sims, like Madden, fuck that shit.
It's fucking boring and every year their best marketing is "now the players look even more real!!!!!"
Because the game itself is static as fuck. The rules don't change. Play area is always the same.

if you are up for a challenge, sure. you can fiddle with the options to make it easier.

I'mma just dump funny sports game gifs/webms.

>64 version

explain

THE STATE OF LEBOMB

Is Sup Forums cup still going strong?

I've never once paid attention to it in any year