>receive your starting weapon
>it's the best weapon in the game

Name 9 games where this happens

>Not saw spear
A W A Y
W
A
Y

it's definitely not the best weapon in the game unless you're fucking crazy about it

Plasma Cutter in Dead Space

Knack 1-9 The 6k HHDX edition for PS10

Pistol in Halo 1

just started BB lads, I'm in Cathedral Ward/Old Yharnam and it's been good so far

Should I go Skill + Bloodtinge or Skill + Arcane?

You don't start with LHB, though.

Neither of those. Go Skill+Str and then make a new build for either of those.

>Start playing DS3
>Make a knight with the idea of dumping in faith, getting a faith scaling sword and use miracles to clear the world of degeneracy while muttering "deus vult" under my breath.
>15 hours into my first playthrough
>still using my starting long sword as nothing has surpassed it yet
I mean, I really enjoy the longsword and it's simple aesthetics please me quite a bit, but I would have liked at least a semblance of choice.
Granted this is my first playthrough and I went in blind, so I don't know the locations of the various different weapons and how to get them ASAP like I do in DS1.

Just get 60 skill and use the church pick

>it's the worst weapon in the game
>you'll be tempted with other weapons to replace it many times over the course of the game
>if you stick with the starting weapon all the way through you get some sick ass super version of it

Yeah, the longsword is definitely one of the best weapons in the entire game.

>60 skill
Second soft cap is at 50, spend those 10 points somewhere else.

>Recieve starting weapon
>It's complete dogshit
>Becomes the strongest weapon in the game.

Skill/Arc for sure. Bloodtinge is trash, and all the BT weapons drain your health. Like, who wants to lower their own health wtf?

Soft cap doesn't mean those 10 extra points are wasted.

I have to force myself to use other weapons. It's pretty much top tier in every DS game.

That seems fun in the long run and is probably the easiest way to win but you'll never get passed the pleb filter that is Father without having STR. That's what makes this game so frustrating. I made 3 different char's trying to make an Arane run and each time I died once or twice to Father. It's just a waste of time to farm vials so unless you're good at Souls games you shouldn't attempt it

Ya, it's damage is good. It has a sweeps animation, a pokey animation, a jumpy animation, attacks require very little stamina, it's stance attacks are a pleasure to the eye, it looks rad as fuck with a dragoncrest shield, none of the attacks have a windup so long I might as well ask the NPCs to rape me sideways, it's reach is excellent and the damage scales nicely throughout the game by keeping up with upgrades (at least so far it is). My only gripe with it is, well, that it is my starting weapon.
The only other weapon I use is the abyss watcher sword&dagger for PvP, firstly because RPing as an abyss watcher in the Forrest covenant is sugoi, and secondly because people can't seem to handle its special attacks. Too me they look like piss easy to dodge attacks, but for some reason the wide and long lasting sweeps combined with the eratic movement catches people offguard.

>it's the worst weapon in the game
>if you stick with the starting weapon all the way through you get some sick ass super version of it
>still worse than the top tier weapon

Fuck the Red9. I like my anti-Ganado gun

>implying the polar star is bad

What is the Handgun in RE4, Alex?

Health is more important than the 4 AR you'd get from 60 skill, unless you plan on doing nothing but parrying at which point the threaded cane would be a better choice.

Hammer in red faction guerilla

>receive starting weapon
>completely missable unlock if you switch weapons before several hours into the game
>game is completely boring when doing this and stop playing

Jackie Chan

Splatoon

>My only gripe with it is, well, that it is my starting weapon.
If you have 12 faith, use the Astora Straight Sword

you can destroy anything in the game with a RAW A.S.S.!!!

>x5 Critical Headshot Rate

They nerfed the fuck out of it
Raw battle axe is the best early game weapon now

Plasma cutter in Dead Space

I did that in DS1, but I knew where to go in DS1 to get it within 5 minutes, I have no idea where to go for it in DS3 and I daren't wiki it because the last time I did something similar I spoiled entire plot elements (different game).

>Skill/Arc
Why? For what weapon?

It's in a chest in the high wall, near where you get the eagle kite shield and the cell key

literally the first level of the game

That's not the threaded cain

Well fuck me. Is it worth it compared to the longsword, or might I as well take the vanilla longsword and upgrade it down the blessed path?

To individual enemies yes, but if you're not that good in aimming, other weapons like the saw gun work better for crowds of enemies.

>Starting weapon is permanent on each class
>Only has any extra mileage for like two of them
>Another two can make it a bit more useful if they invest a skill to do so
>Last resort tier on everyone else

Keep the longsword and infuse it with Fire or Deep to kill enemies that are resistant to physical damage.

So, why are weapons in this game so weak compared to Dark Souls?

>Weapons do a fair amount of damage on bosses in the Souls game
>Weapons barely scrape bosses in Bloodborne

>cleaver
>better than the saif
Am I being memed?
The saif is basically an upgraded cleaver with longer reach and a better moveset

Weapons are not weak, as can easily be seen when you kill random mobs in 1-2 hits.

Bosses are just damage sponges with high HP

I personally use the cleaver because I don't want to be constantly brought closer the enemy.

>RPing/Fashionsouling as deus vult knight
>go down the chaos/dark paths
No

Because
>muh gems
With blood gems the weapons are actually way more powerful
But fuck DOUBLE rng (rng to get a gem drop + rng for the exact quality of the gem), and fuck chalice dungeons even more.
Literally the one reason why BB would be better on PC is to avoid the entire chalice dungeon gem grind fo pvp

Saw cleaver is serrated and faster. Saif is nice for the thrust attacks, but saying it's just a better cleaver is disrespectful to both weapons.

>The saif is basically an upgraded cleaver with longer reach and a better moveset
And no serrated or holy bonus.

Ah, is that so? They should have fixed that. It took me 8 minutes to beat the Living Failures because of that. Same with Gehrman.

>>RPing/Fashionsouling as deus vult knight
What a fag

>needing serrated for pvp
Cleaver is only better for speedrunning the main game since the dps is slightly higher.

You just need to gem them up with some chalice dungeon loot.

God of War

I think the blades of mercy have a slight scaling in arcane, but I'm pretty sure it's low

>not the threaded cane

10mm Pistol in Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Fallout 4.

I will fight anyone who claims that any other weapon is strictly needed for any of those games.

Revolver in Shadow Warrior reboot

Threaded Cane and Blades of Mercy get good arc scaling and are skill weapons. Plus being able to use Hunter Tools is never a bad thing.

DaS2 Mace

>caring about pvp
So yeah, serration bonus is actually pretty important.

Their arcane scaling is actually great, but the base damage is so low that it's 100% worthless.

>skill weapons
As soon as you put a fire/bolt/arcane gem on your cane, skill means nothing. See above for BoM, arcane is useless to it. You're right about tools, though.

Just go full arcane. everything becomes a joke once you get executioner gloves and the stuff before that is easily dealt with using a fire cleaver.

>first weapon
>best weapon
>most fun
>besr alt fire
Pick four.

SOCOM pistol in MGS1

>Get last Boss's item
>It's the worst in the game

Tranq pistol in MGSVTPP.

How is the Tonitrus? Any fun or should I go for something else? I was thinking of doing a STR build since I've done Skill+Arcane in my playthroughs so far. I've used threaded cane, saw spear, blades of mercy, chikage, burial blade, and rifle spear before.

can I make STR+Arcane work? What should I level both of those to?

Your starting rifle in Dead Nation. Becomes ridiculously overpowered when fully upgraded. Even the charge shot from it pierces multiple enemies.

Thats not the Ludwig Holy Blade(Yeah yeah I know its not a starter weapon).

>mfw I found out it also affects knife , suplex and roundhouse kicks.

Fun as FUCK, though I used it on an arc build. Makes Rom ez mode.

In terms of availability (I.E. how much of a new game can you effectively use it for?), moveset, stagger potential, and damage, it's definitely among the best. It drops down if you allow for NG+, but not that much.

Devil May Cry 3

>How is the Tonitrus?
Are you doing an arcane playthrough? It will be your god-given savior until you get the good spells, and will still reliably whoop ass after that point. Any other build? You have better options.

It's game design. You attack way faster now and are able to get much more attacks in compared to Souls. You also have quick dashes and rally. It encourages you to be more aggressive and always attacking. That's why they have more health and that's also why you heal quickly because they're just as fast. They'd die to quickly if they didn't have a lot of health.

startin a str/arc build. Do I settle on beastcutter+rosmarinus or logarius wheel?

Why not both? Are you going to convert the beastcutter to fire/bolt/arc?

Knight Class in Dark Souls III.

>Start New Game
>Clear out every living thing in Central Yharnam in one go, one life, up to Gascoigne's fog door, but double back to kill Cleric Beast.
>Level up to BL20 and upgrade to +3 weapon
>Beat Gascoigne, early Cathedral Ward, and all of Lower Yharnam including BSB
>Level up to BL30
>Do first Chalice in one go, gem up to around +15% and BL 40

And it just keeps snowballing. I can't enjoy the game like I used to anymore. I don't even remember what it was like going through most of the game just under BL30 and ending at BL60. When you only spend blood on weapon upgrades, new clothes, and chalice rituals, and never lose any from death, you get enough to jump 10 levels by the time you reach the next lantern.

I dot understand gems that well. Do I need to grind chalices to get magic ones that are any good?

Depends on what you mean by good. The most powerful ones, yes. But you'll get pretty awesome ones just running through them normally, along with a few decent ones in the main game.

Tf2

the starting weapons in bloodborne are insanely good, and can be used as much as you want, build allowing, but they typically aren't the best weapons for builds, unless you are going specific shit, like serrated + fire shit for beasts, in that case its the saw spear that comes out on top, which is almost a starting weapon I guess since its in the first area.

The hunter axe was the most hilarious starting weapon though, can literally exploit the entire game with its charge attack and lasts til you get w/e weapon you want for a particular build, even without devoting points twards its stat scaling.

the longsword in Das3 is one of the top tier weapons in the game

People think a blood tinge build means using the chikage, when it really means using the evelyn to cheese everything in the game

If your weapon has a waning (crescent moon) slot, you'll find a fire gem in the main game by the first squidward you encounter in Yharnam (through the door that opens after BSB that is). That'll carry you pretty far. The first chalice dungeon has a watchdog boss at the end that consistently drops radial fire gems which, combined with the earlier waning, will give you a whole set for about +24% fire damage.

From there you just farm the later chalices you unlock, killing watchdogs and white-hooded enemies with flaming weapons for better fire gems, while collecting arcane/bolt gems along the way.

Simon's Bowblade has S in Skill and BT though, and it's great

father gascan is not even hard, what is this bullshit? He is a boss that is meant to teach people to be aggressive, instead of the usual defensive way that people played other souls games, and being aggressive completely annihilates him. I can beat him without getting hit on any meme build, I really don't understand people that struggle with him.

It's not even being good at souls games, its just about playing within the mechanics of the game, and BB doesn't push the defensive shit of other souls games

every mgs ever

>see OP's image
>feel the urge to play Bloodborne, AGAIN
I've got other games to play, why the fuck do I want to just keep playing this game over and over?

Rocket launcher and sniper rifle are both better.

You misspelled Bloodletter.

That's exactly why. It's the one boss in the game that forces you to be aggressive without the ability to cheese (a lot of great weapons aren't until after him, few ways of exploiting certain weaknesses, no blood gems, etc.). He demands you just git gud and a lot of people aren't 100% there.

This boy gets it

Silent Hill if you happened to have a Konami Justifier plugged in

I liked how every weapon was viable in Bloodborne.

Wish they would have focused one weapons having unique movesets and niches in DaS3 instead of just bloating up the overall number with a ton of useless ones.

But what is the worst weapon in Bloodborne?

In terms of stupid good FromSoft starting weapons I think only DS3 compares to Bloodborne. They've always included end-game worthy weapons outside of the meme classes like thief and depraved, but BB and DS3 are the only ones where I can say that you don't have much of a reason to switch to better weapons from most starting choices.

Kirkhammer