Does this get any better...

Does this get any better? I just got to Africa and it feels like the main ops are just filler side ops with the exception of a handful of missions.
The main ops in Peace Walker at least had something to do with the main story compared to this where most of the missions are go into the small irrelevant base and leave.

kill niggers

At least get to Mission 20, if it still doesn't convince you to keep going then leave it.

How many missions are there total?

more than twice that many

>have all this cool weapons and shit
>can't use them because killing enemies makes you turn into a demon covered and blood and big horn making you look fuciking horrible
WTF KOJIMA can I disable demon points Jesus I just want to shoot people with the cool firearms

50 I think

Save children and rescue animals, helps a lot

Nah. If you're at Africa, you've already seen the best the game had to offer. It's funny, because you might think, "how could a location be any more boring than a fucking desert?" Well, Africa is even worse. AND it's fucking hideous looking too. At least Afghanistan had great lighting and it at least looked nice.

Play as a recruit soldier. I play as female soldiers in pink bikinis.

>get to stare at nice butt
>kill all you want with all the badass cool weapons and tanks
>no horrible looking demon mode

Is there any disadvantage to playing recruits?

>Does this get any better?
No. The prologue in the hospital is honest to god the best part of the game. I wish I was joking. It still hurts.

More limited selection of camouflage and no bionic arm abilities.

No it really doesn't get any better.

OP, the truth is that the game is over at mission 31. Everything beyond that is unfinished filler. There are some interesting cutscenes involving the characters but, you will be given whole missions you've already beaten on a "harder" mode.

Just watch the cutscenes of the missions after that point on youtube. The ones involving Quiet, Master Miller and yourself are pretty good though.

>not wearing The Boss's fatigues
>not witnessing the glorious boob jiggle.
Desu...

About to replay this, what mods do i install. I know infinite heaven but do i have to set it up? i just want everything without having to go through 10000 options.

If you don't like it now, you won't like it later. The game has really good core gameplay, but that's all it has to offer outside of giving you new toys as you progress.

No. It was intentionally left unfinished.

Why was MGS: Rising passed to Platinum Games? They realized it would've been shit if Konami handled it? DId Konami realize Kojimbo was a hack?

sucks how the soldiers can't have the naked/scarf variants

you have to activate all of infinite heavens options on the in-game menu, it's not that hard though

the extra side-ops mod is pretty good

>Best part of the game is the railroad of a prologue, not the amazing stealth action sandbox that comes afterwards
I get that the story was disappointing, but this opinion is baffling.

50 but I think about 12 of them are harder versions of previous missions

>sandbox

It was literally just an empty map with bases scattered around. All you could do in it was

>Clear checkpoints
>Clear bases
>Capture animals

Hold on now. It wasn't any railroad, it was fucking 10/10, as good as a railroad can get. I agree and I love the series and V.

The game is fine, but the prologue is perfect. It's like 28 weeks later, the movie is fine, but the prologue is amazing.

It needed more bigger bases like camp omega

what the fuck do you want in a stealth game, poker and pool games?

The whole game would have been better if it was just large bases with multiple ways to complete the objective. Not just an open world with the illusion of multiple approaches.

What's the point of a sandbox if there's nothing to do in it?

The prologue is a cool concept that's kind of wasted on being a tutorial. The idea of having to sneak out of a hospital while unarmed is a great idea and would have been fun and tense had it played similarly to the caution phase in previous Metal Gear games. It's a great scenario.

Competent guards with fun AI

Nope, MGSV falls off a steep cliff after 20-30 hours and never gets better.

Don't forget the one truck that circles the map for no reason.

It's a sandbox for stealth action. There are bases with enemy troops, and you get to use an impressive number of tools and game mechanics to accomplish objectives that are (usually) within those bases. Is there a lack of content? Yes, but I still think it's a lot of fun to mess around in.

From what I understand KojiPro couldn't figure out a way to get beyond a cool tech demo and make a game around it; or at least didn't want to focus on it.

I still haven't played it, though.

>Does this get any better?

No.

I mean kinda for the 2 On-Site procurement ops, but no for the vaaaaaaaaaast majority of the game.

The game has a couple of player-controlled cutscenes that are some of the best moments in the game. I'm like legitimately panicking as Quiet assassinates my caretakers and hearing my men hum the PW theme was pretty affecting. V's presentation is miles above the approach taken is MGS4 and PW.

Most of the time it was just "press w to progress the story" though. It's an amazing scenario though. I wish the game had more like it, but with more player agency.

If the bases are the only fun part of the sandbox, there shouldn't be a sandbox at all.

Take Afghanistan, for example. You're in the middle of a warzone, but there's no military presence besides the bases. It would have been cool to have random convoys you could destroy for equipment or fulton away, or helicopters patrolling the map. Maybe even have Afghan fighters attack bases and checkpoints to add dynamic changes to the game.

90% of MGSV is filler. Most of the missions have nothing to do with the plot which barely exists in the first place.

I really enjoy mgsv, but this is right. The open world sandbox meme needs to die.

It's worth playing until Huey's plotline is fully resolved. That was great.

I guess. It's hard for me to forgive how fucking dumb of a character Huey is, though. Particularly in Peace Walker he's an example of Kojima's worst tendencies.

\Because KojiPro couldn't figure out how to make a game around cutting everything.

>If the bases are the only fun part of the sandbox, there shouldn't be a sandbox at all
I agree with you. There are many improvements that could be made to the maps and to the game in general, but I still love what we got.

>scan complete
>S++
>he's black
shit, what do i do

I think making a sandbox was a good approach, but they spread themselves too thin. They could've scrapped things like having GIANT maps instead of small-ish sandboxes, base/resource management, MGO3, PS360 support. I'd rather have a focus dense, compact sandboxes and FOBs. Do only a few things and do them right.

TPP would have been better if it was a just a bunch of GZs in one package instead of 2 huge maps with a ton of shitty padding maybe a few interesting places to infiltrate.

Shit, GZ would have been better if they just added Camp Omega with some bullshit objectives like Deja Vu/Jamais Vu. Something dumb and fun would have been nice in TPP.

Same reason I get qt girl soldiers. It's a video game. IRL decisions would be very different.

Mean to type TPP instead of GZ in that last bit.