Post the greatest game ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1k1OsApDSIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okami

lets see what google thinks...
>it's mostly overrated shit

is this halo?

The only problem with that list is Skyrim, Zelda and FFVII.

You have a problem with those but not Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock?

Swap in Mario 3 for the first SMB, Morrowind for Skyrim, and Portal 2 for Portal then we have a good start for a solid list of best of the most popular series.

This needs more surgery than can be fielded to make a proper best of. Mostly because there is no best of the best. Tastes vary far too much and there are far too many "good" games.

I never get tired of it.

I'm afraid these can't even compete

Either
MGS 2
or
Deadly Premonition

The Greatest.

>Deadly Premonition
Trash game
Only good for its story and characters, which are amazing.

ok
half-life 1

Damn fine choice.

Fun on your own or with a friend.

>clearly says only game of the year on the box
are you retarded?

this guy has a friend, what a loser

Been to a campsite once and it had bunch of SNK machines.

Wasted my quarters on Samurai Showdown but had a ton of fun playing Metal Slug.

Dont forget the sequal user

> switch games most of the population on earth knows about, even 3rd world sub humans with barely no electronics

> to games only thought to be the best by small percentage of gamers that hangout at a Chinese cartoon image board

Good idea, retard.

by far

thanks

>Super Mario Brothers
>Portal 2
>obscure niche video games
This is your brain on shitposting.

HOW DO THEY EAT

They're african, they don't.

You have shit taste Brandon

Is this game actually good? Looks interesting but reviews make it seem pretty shit. I'm always up for a JRPG hidden gem though.

>reviews make it seem pretty shit
Western reviewers HATE SaGa games. It's the kind of game that is their worst enemy.

It's great! It's in open-world JRPG with a lot of player freedom with many mechanics that tie into that freedom. You play as one of 8 main characters and the rest of your party can be just about anyone want, there's like 30 at least. Anyone can use any weapon and magic but there are classes that determine their proficiency with a certain weapon. There are also skills you use in the field, such as Climbing, Lockpicking, Jumping. You see enemies on the field before you fight them and what you want to do is lure them close to each other and fight them all at once so you get bigger rewards.The game has a unique method of discouraging grinding and instead making effecient choices. Enemies don't scale with you but instead get replaced by a higher tier of enemies when you get stronger, bosses are static though. Also there are no levels, instead, characters get stronger little by little, frequantly getting stat raises at the end of battle.

I could go on really. The one big issue that you might have is that, like other SaGa games, it's hard to learn, there's very little to no tutorials (which is why reviewers hate it) and can end up being very punishing if you don't know what you're doing. The story and characters are very very barebones and minimal too. SaGa games are literally antithesis of Final Fantasy games, in fact, a lot of mechanics you see in FF games are from SaGa.

The music is god like too because Kenji ito is a godlike composer
youtube.com/watch?v=1k1OsApDSIw

They take it out.

You first.

explain

SMW is a glitchy mess if you time your inputs the right way.

/thread

>SaGa games are literally antithesis of Final Fantasy games, in fact, a lot of mechanics you see in FF games are from SaGa.
wat

I never got into jrpgs, never finished a single one of them, But this description got me curious.
Freedom to do what you want, discouraged grinding efficient choices.
Any game of the series you'd recommend as a jrpg nooby that honestly isn't that in to them up until now but liked darksouls enough to give them a try?
Might check it out.

looks like I win

its a joke webm

hey thats the level I'm on right now

SaGa Frontier is probably the easiest to get into and it's pretty great.
Just don't play the character Lute first because he can wander into his end game dungeon by accident in 10 minutes and has zero guidance as to his story. I'd actually recommend that you play as Red as his story is a lot more linear for the first half which can make the game easier to digest for new players. He also has a sentai superhero form (pic related)

Also, what I refer to when i say that "mechanics you see in FF games are from SaGa", I'm talking about things like being able to see monsters on the field, the concept of genociding a type of monster by repeatedly killing it, a more open world design (but not like FFXV, that's just trash.
The mind behind SaGa games is Akitoshi Kawazu, who worked on early FF games and was one of the directors of FFXII. He tends to model his game in ways that are similar to tabletop RPGs, not unlike a lot of wrpgs. One of the SaGa games, Unlimited Saga, even has you moving an icon of your character across a board as your means of exploration.