Sonic Mania Thread: "Leaker user was Right" Edition

Well, Sakura Synagogue is pretty much confirmed, Special Stages are a mix of every old Special Stage, lots of shit happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/miSErWIVBlU
twitter.com/StevenThePage/status/888959945055420416
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who the fuck cares about this pasta anymore, I can't wait 3 fucking weeks for this thing. I need it in my life.

Finally a great sonic game in the last 15 years

Sakura Synagogue is a shit name.

Waiting for people to complain about "knowing too much" about Mania when it comes out.

Leakers are the lowest scum.

I refuse to believe they called it Sakura Synagogue, I might've believed the leak if it wasn't for that.

have fun with your romhack classicfag!

leakers ruin everything

>Implying leakerfag just didn't get a manual early and made up a bunch of shit knowing the panel would make him look credible.

>that widescreen S3&K in the background
>leaker in last thread mentioned the S3&K remake coming with mania
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

We will.

Enjoy your subpar "3D" sonic game, kappa

>people actually believe that leak

the end of times, you're in for some fucking disappointment

WHO /LIMITEDEDITIONVINYL/ HERE

Have fun with your 0 games adventuretard!

The only similarity I see is the flowers that spring up when you kill Badniks are pink, and a few red flowers. But that's a huge fucking stretch. Either explain yourself or fuck off.

Plausible, but I want that 3&K remaster so I'm going to believe.

Then why didn't leaker-kun tell us what Studiopolis Act 2 and Mirage Saloon Act 1 are if they went into detail about other new levels' Acts?

San Diego Comiccon; Had a floor demo.

Don't be a shitter.

HAHAHAHA

OK

PEOPLE

HAHAHAHA

SORRY

PEOPLE ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK

NO

LET ME GET THIS RIGHT

ACTUAL ADULTS GIVE A FUCK ABOUT SPOILERS

HAHAHAHAHA

HOLY SHIT

Freedom Planet is still the only good classic Sonic style gameplay we've seen in 10 years, an official romhack won't change that.

I'm just waiting on FP2, which is pretty far into development and fixed the awful voice acting and engine limitations.

>People taking a "leak" this fucking seriously because he mentioned a Japanese garden level when we all knew that a Japanese garden level was happening because a Hard Boiled Heavy was ninja themed ages ago.

I'm going to enjoy both fucking faggots.

>Game consist of reused levels
>Not an anniversary game
>One level is a mixture of tons of reused levels
>Not Autistic in the slightest to Retrofags
>Because their the one ones hyped for this mediocrity

The Force Awakens of the Sonic Series everybody!

>Direct sequel to S3&K
>S3&K: Taxman Edition potentially coming with Sonic Mania
>Snowy Cherry Blossom stage
>Animated opening like CD

STOP

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

This.

Just now getting here. What's this leak I'm hearing about?

this

we will have to hear this shit for 3 weeks and feel all your crushing disappointment when none of it happens, god damn it

that leaker is laughing his ass off atm

Freedom Planet is a good game, but more it's own thing inspired by Sonic, Gunstar Heroes, and Rocket Knight, i'm excited for Freedom Planet 2, but it can't touch Mania in my mind. Everything we've seen on Mania makes it look like the potential best Sonic game.

>Buying more than one game a year.

It also correctly described the special stage

id like to believe that the new stage is stardust speedway act 2 and happens inside the castle in the good future but these sakura trees, man.

>ninja=japanese garden

He also predicted the special stage being a race course.

He also predicted the Japanese garden being connected to the cathedral.

4fag dropping by before bed, anything besides the special stage and booklet?

But he also mentioned the special stage being a race with elements taken from the older special stage which is the case with you racing the UFO collecting spheres with a Sonic 1-esque fish in the background.

this

Take it with a grain of salt, but they did nail the special stage.

Would've preferred special stages to play like Xtreme. Using the CD style again is a mistake because the CD special stages are terrible.

Believe it or not, the anticipation and surprise of discovering things for the first time as you play a game on its release is a great part of the experience, and the immense amount of 'leakers' in recent years who have had to datamine everything or reveal a bunch of information prior to release really take the enjoyment out of the discovery. You don't have to be a kid to want a fresh, blind experience.

>being poor

Read this:

are you talking about the sonic drift thing? I made that up

Mania takes place immediately after 3&K.

It's not really the CD special stage again though, it's a timed race to get a single UFO down a linear line of obstacles while trying to get blue spheres to speed up and rings to extend time.

Well since I didn't read the leak outside of Hydrocity Zone which is all I cared about it's time to ignore & filter all of these threads so I accidentally don't read the rest of them.

youtu.be/miSErWIVBlU
Freedom Planet is horrible, user. Sonic 4 tier physics and even worse level design. It looks and sounds nice but otherwise it's shit. Maybe 2 will be better, but I'm not hopeful.

Can YOU beat the shitty times I will be posting throughout the evening?

The leak is fake.

Idea here, in that white space put the pic of the sakura level from the manual

The leak isn't real. How could the game leak?

Oh, that sounds pretty good. I read it was a mix of the old special stages and thought that meant the game rotated between stages from each game.

>3 more weeks
I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG

>bonus stages are old special stages
Fuck that shit, I want my gumball and glowing balls machine levels.

maybe if you post a less horrible stage
seriously fuck act act 1's boss and fuck act 2 in general

Posting for prosperity

>implying you can't like both
fuck off, Freedom Planet is great and Mania looks fantastic

God this is gonna be a terrible 3 weeks

>didn't leak shit but I made the screenshot
neat

None of us can

Apparently it was one of the people responsible for porting the game to Switch.

I don't believe that someone on that team would be that scummy, but you never know these days really.

With or without Emeralds?

Without emeralds, Sonic and Tails only right now

>18 stages
Didn't they say it was about the same length as Sonic 3 and Knuckles?

He had no proof he was.

Pleb. Act 1 boss is easy as fuck and one of the more creative ones in the game. Act 2 is great and only shitty players come close to running out of time.

So instead of coming up with original level ideas, they decided to take parts from old sonic games in pieces and mix them up?

i enjoy all kinds of sonic games, 2D or 3D. but i think that sounds like a incredibly stupid idea, the people have showned they could create new levels, and i don't think the game is going to be bad. it's just that this news hits me like a big wtf to the devs. when they could make unique original stages like studiopolis.

Story for those who didn't read it.

They said it was comparable, so i'm expecting it to be either 1-2 zones longer or shorter.

it's creative and also boring as fuck

I'm so happy that Mania is actually a direct 3&K sequel.

Freedom Planet was fun af though. The physics are nothing like Sonic's but that's fine because it's not Sonic. Level design needed some work but I enjoyed it overall.

No, the leaked cathedral and the sakura area are definitely the same place.
Look at the identical floor and identical red plants.

any music leaks?

PLEASE STOP, I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE HYPE

>Unironically believing the leak that has a zone called "Satan's Flower Church"
You are all being Knuckles.

was just spending 15 minutes trying to type a summary and fit it into one post but you posted this, thank you user.

There is a Manuel? Does it come with the collectors edition or something?

It was a compromise, I think part safety net, and part from their original idea to just port the mobile Sonic 1 and 2 with some new zones packed in before it blew up from there.

After seeing the Act 2's of Green Hill and Chemical Plant, on top of the Act 1 map for Green Hill, I have no qualms with the remixed stages if i'm being honest...except just being tired of Green Hill in general.

twitter.com/StevenThePage/status/888959945055420416

They showed off what sounded like the special stage theme at the panel.

Sega has been banking on nostalgia hard with Sonic since at least Black Knight. I don't mind old zones mixed with new zones because it's clear the old stages are being expanded by a lot (though I'm not a fan of using Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary again) so they'll feel plenty fresh.

>the floor
this is enough for it to be true

>Sakura Synagogue

This is the greatest idiot test ever designed. We all know which of us are complete retards now.

Not really. They showed a small segment of the special stage music, but nothing high-quality yet.

But could those leaked heavies realistically match the silhouettes in pic related?

This entire thing was going to be just the Sonic 1 + 2 Taxman ports released on console with a few new levels for the heck of it, and then Izuka (main sonic guy at SEGA), and I quote,
>saw a demo and took a white board and wrote Sonic 123 and cd and said "Sonic Mania" " first moment of what would become mania"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

OH MY GOD

LMAO

WTF

THIS DUDE

THIS DUDE IS SO AUTISTIC HE ACTUALLY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT SPOILERS

Who in here preorder this?

GOD DAMN THIS SPECIAL STAGE LOOKS FUCKING SICK

sounds noice

I honestly think this is a mix of leaker having the artbook (As it clearly shows a coastal area and Sakura area) and bullshitting going off the obvious as fuck silhouettes of the heavies (Besides capey whose probably their boss).

Why the fuck would a beach be magic? And none of the levels he described line up with that mysterious Sky Level icon, not even Sky Sanctuary.

You shouldn't have left the thread:
If it's right it means the "leaker" from last thread is 100% full of shit.

It's more a weeb test, since only the people who can read moonrunes understand it's fake.

FUCKING.
WHEN?

I did, though it wasn't cheap for international shipping, still, that lossless soundtrack...

The leak is fake. The cathedral level is Stardust Speedway Act 2.

You're all gullible, but more importantly, the guy sucks at faking shit. Taxman S3K FOR FREE WITH THE GAME is too good to be true.

Leak doesn't mention anything about the 'energy source': it's fake.

tru :(

No money in time for the limited one, but if it's still around for order next month, then I'll get it.