ITT: buyer's remorse

ITT: buyer's remorse
This game fucking sucks.

>buying shovelware

what did you expect user

Steam controller. No, the touchpads don't get more comfortable as you use them.

if dubs post a webm of you licking it

it's like virtual on but clunkier and has a shittier roster and is $60

Post face please

Post boi pussi

Switch owner here, never saw the appeal in Arms or Splatoon. They both look like shovelware THQ or Ubisoft would churn out on the Wii,

I wholeheartedly regret my purchase of ARMS as well, beta was fun should have left it at that.

The cheapest bundle I could find came with it. If I bought one of the other bundles I would've had to get a Zelda shield backpack and some other useless nonsense
No
I love Splatoon 1. I'll get Splatoon 2 in a few days probably.
Wouldn't recommend Arms to anyone though. It's compete trash

Arms sucks, Splatoon is pretty fun.

Same.
Had fun in the demo, got the utge to play again when it came out, only played ut twice.
Now a days, im completely against the idea of sellinf my gamss, but i mayor do it with arms.

Game is fun, i just can never get into fighters.

I don't even find it fun because the controls are garbage. Who the fuck thinks clicking the stick to guard is a good idea?
No button remapping either, even fucking Smash Bros of all things has button remapping

>ARMS will be the new Splatoon!
fucking KEK

I mean it did do really really well for a new IP

I honestly regret getting it because I don't want Nintendo to think that there is demand for this game.

I like it, but I believe you. What do you hate most about it? I like the idea, but the content just isn't there. It should've had a 30$ pricetag at most to justify a purchase in its current state. Max Brass is fun though.

Nah I think ARMS was pretty fun.
But pic related is the most buyers remorse I've had with the Switch so far

it was fun for like a week but then I got bored.

glad i was able to sell it to a friend for $50.
the game should have been $40.

I still like when Nintendo takes a shot at new IPs, character design was top notch at least

it did well because it released at a time when the Switch was going through a game drought after Zelda.

Literally the worst way to play street fighter. What was capcom thinking? Port this shit to PC already.

I hate the way the devs try to push the motion control meme, so much to the point that regular controls have a shit layout with no remapping. Already mentioned the guard, and there is NO reason for punches to be both A and B and ZL and ZR

>tfw even the biggest Nintenbro said it was bad

>thought it would be bad
>was surprised by splatoon, which I had similar thoughts about years ago, so I bought it
>turns out it WAS bad
$70 down the drain. Wish I had sold it before prices crashed.

this but for zelda botw
what a fucking boring, repetitive game

I get what you mean. Now that Splatoon 2 is out though I can drop it entirely for a game that's actually worth playing for more than a few hours.

>buying SF2
Why

The motion controls in Arms are nowhere near accurate enough for a game that is trying to sell itself as a balanced competitive fighter

>tfw have fun playing party mode with my sister

you should have just posted the entire switch

the ONLY nintenbro that is honest to say that this fucking garbage sucks, is awful, go to Nintendo sites and you would see that there is fucking idiots defending that shit saying that is different than the than the generic 2D game holy shit give me a fucking break Arms is unplayable, bad controls it has a lot of problems I returned my copy of Arms quickly it was fucking shit is not even close to Splatoon it would never be an esport game FUCK NINTENDO.

This shit. How do people have fun with this game? At best it's bland and mundane, at worst it's frustrating. And I say this as someone who played thousands of hours of DotA/Dota 2, and a fair amount of Team Fortress 2. I am clearly the audience for this game, yet I fucking hate it. Even the aesthetics/themes feel hollow and insincere. Fucking everything about modern Blizzard lacks, for lack of a better word, "soul". I felt the same thing when I played Heroes of the Storm. There's no love behind any of these games.

>$59.99
>only 9 characters ("""""free""""" DLC characters coming soon)
>online mode is locked up behind story mode no one cares to play
>shallow and repetitive
>grindy to make up for lack of content
>everyone has moved on to Spla2n and quietly sweeps it under the rug, pretending it never happens
Nintendo really drops the ball with this turd. Too hard for average normies and Nint3ndrones. Too casual for FGChads. EVO never ever.

Idk man I've only played one ranked battle and I've spent most of the time playing the single player campaigns. imo Nintendo has finally perfected the motion control gimmick with Arms as there's no wagglan

I really like Arms, the characters are cute and it feels like something you'd play on the Dreamcast. Seriously, if it came out 10 years ago everyone would have a nostalgia boner for it now.

You fuckers love to complain about how shit games are now but when something with a simple, old school design philosophy comes out you trash it to hell. Guess what faggots, you had ample time to figure out if it was something you wanted to spend $60 on, you can't go shooting yourself in the foot and then blame someone else for doing it.

>tfw Nintendo paid McJew to put ARMS at Evo Japan over Melee
Poor Melee nips like aMSa and Rudolph.
>Inb4 Melee is dead in Japan
Well ARMS doesn't and won't have a competitive scene in Japan or anywhere else, and won't even be remembered in 1-2 years.

ARMS looked like shit from the minute it was announced. The shilling nintendildos were doing here for it was obnoxious, trying to force "waifus" out of spaghetti girl or whatever the fuck their names were.

Splatoon is a legitimately good game.

This, it's a cool idea like splatoon, but it needed the same amount of content. Outside of 1v1, the game is shit

i regret buying this game, why couldn't they just give him a Z saber the way this guy kills enemies with his electric power not only makes the game way to easy but it also makes it slow

The motion controls are straight garbage dude. Tilting the joycons to walk around is fucking retarded, I have no idea how that made it past the experiment phase.

I would have preferred it be Punch Out.

IGN gave that shit an 8. lul Reviews are so useless.

>when something with a simple, old school design
I don't remember motion control garbage being on the Dreamcast.

But it doesn't.
Can you show me where it hurts when you lose?
>not using motions
Pleb
Also, never saw any problem with stick pressing. But when i go handheld i hate the punches location. Would have rather had R and L.
never got its appeal.
I mean, I had it for the 360 and it was a good bought, but i paid 7 dollars and it was like 7 years ago. No idea why they would put a full price tag on it. Would have bought it asap for even 15 bucks.

Back to ARMS.
Game is actually amazing, is incredibly easy to play it so even normies can do some casual fighting but incredibly deep.
The gap between good players and newbies is incredibly big and I can see a lot of people getting frustated on losing.
Also newbies=LEL ILL SPAM GRAB IM SO GOOD
My only problems with the game are the terrible, TERRIBLE
FUCKING AWFUL amount oif grind you have to do to unlock the ARMS, how some ARMS are ridicolously better than others and how max brass is just a superpowered version of Spring man.
How can you be so bad even at shitposting?
i could agree if you said it's hard to get used to, which is true.
it took me a shittin of time to get used to motions because they are really weird but when you do the amount of control they give you doesn't even compare to stick+buttons.

The motion controls are worse than the regular ones.

You're just a contrarian faggot

WHY did you buy it?

>forced to buy whatever shovelware Nintendo decides to shit out that month because there's literally nothing else to play on the console
This is the problem with the Switch. At least you have the decency to acknowledge how bad it is, but Nintenkiddies will defend it because it's exclusive.

t. newbie
You cant punch arms in 2 different directions
You cant move the arm in one direction and walk in another
you cant expand the grab
How are they better?

Triggered nintenbro finally entered the thread lmao

Not even close, I wanted to like the game, my hate comes purely from the act of playing it. Fuck off nigger.

>dubs on Sup Forums
you've gotta go back

Except that they are pretty much perfect. Look, just stick to calling it wii boxing or claiming it has no content, that worked better for your shitposting.

>too hard for Nint3ndrones
>Too casual for FGChads
pick one. Nint3ndrones are the only people on this board that actually get challenging games on their systems.

They're better because tilting to walk around is dumb, it's not precise.

I'm bad at this game but I found it fun until I had to fight Hedlok.

Now I hate this game

thefuck

Overwatch and HotS I feel are both just dumbed down versions of established games. Both of Blizzard's games feel more like Blizz was just blindly trying to copy what was popular and make it appeal to the wider casual market, but without really understanding what made the original games popular in the first place. Sometimes simplifying a game can be a good thing, if it removes the cruft and focuses in on the core gameplay, but in the cases of OW and HotS I think that Blizzard went too far and ended up making games where every match just feels the same.

SPHERICAL

>Tilting the joycons to walk around is fucking retarded
Yeah, who every heard of such a thing!?

Seriously, you're clearly not much of a video game guy, why don't you go back to football or beer pong, or whatever you did before pretending to talk about games.

It's just as precise as any other method of movement in videogames. See

Arms is just a really barebones package and pretty shallow stuff. Maybe if you're really into fighters it's better but it just didn't do much for me. Splatoon 2 is pretty great though, more of the same for sure but the first one was the saving grace for the wiiu I think so

Post your face when you knew ARMS was gonna be trash since the initial Switch presentation, and you didn't fall for the meme

>I don't remember motion control garbage being on the Dreamcast.
That's because you're a dog, Luigi.

>Overwatch

Ill give you HOTS but I'm going to defend OW here and say that Overwatch is it's own thing. It's has it's problems currently but what you say is pretty wrong.

It's great if you love fighting games, probably not worth it right now otherwise.

The stick goes back to a neutral position when you let go of it. Joycons do not. It isn't the same at all.

I didn't necessarily think it would be "trash" but I had zero interest in it. And I mostly liked Splatoon.

Wow. It must taste bitter.

You are absolutely seething

bad games 2017:

Crash Trilogy
Prey
Wildlands
For Honor
Arms
Mass Effect Andromeda

People who love fighting games are playing Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, not Arms

Because clearly it's not even gunvolt's game anymore.

>Copen is way more fluid and fun
>gets abilities classic megaman style
>He's actually first on the character select screen

>Injustice 2
>Better than KoF XIV
found the neogafer.

Well regardless, Arms is not making any sort of impact in the fighting game community.

you forgot that piece of shit horizon zero dawn

That doesn't preclude all three from being great.

How? Just because you're bad at it it doesn't mean it bad.
It still gives you a 360° range.
the trick to headlock(defeated him at lv 7 and it was terrible)is to always use one heavy weapon, the eletric megaton is the best, so when he attacks with his grenade or bbq you shoot your charged punch and deflect ALL of his shit, stunning him for a quick grab for increased damage.
When he has hammers as well use something like the electric bird to go around it.

also
>barebones meme lel

You have 10 characters, which are pretty low on the count(well, BB when shipped had roughly the same number and it was amazing), but it has fucking 33 ARMS that change completely the characters.
Its like swapping every normal in a SF character.
Instead of letting go, you simply return the joycon vertical.
Whats your problem?
>pick one. Nint3ndrones are the only people on this board that actually get challenging games on their systems.
You are even worse than the other guys
>are playing Injustice 2
Go away
I just wish they'd kept the graphic of XIII.
XIV 3d is pretty bad

This is how desperate Armsfags are, they have to try to latch on to actual real fighting games in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

Is that good?

Aloy >>> western women

oh hey, that thing, ive seen that before at a game company ive worked for. No one had any kind words for it though...

I dunno, when I played Overwatch I just felt like I was playing a not-as-good version of TF2. I didn't see OW trying to do anything to really distinguish itself other than give the characters supers, but I didn't feel like that really made the game any more interesting to play. Having a variety of fappable waifus is nice too, but that can only take a game so far.

nigga just watch shokio

>He's still going

i think you should just call these overhyped games, not bad. some are 5 or 6/10
i would add horizon, gravity rush 2, and yooka-laylee

I don't get why people are complaining about motion controls, when the option to use regular controls exist for Arms. It be one thing if you were forced to use them, but you aren't.

Like the only thing is that it doesn't have much now, but Splatoon 1 didn't start out with much as well, but by the end of it's time had a lot more stuff within it. It's pretty much the same thing they're doing with Arms, with the content updates.

How's Crash N-Sane Trilogy bad?

>I don't get why people are complaining about motion controls, when the option to use regular controls exist for Arms
Because the regular controls are bad, like clicking stick to guard.

I'll buy it off you for $20

What is wrong with Prey?

Letting any character use any arms destroys the balance because everyone just uses the best combinations, they should've been limited to 3 arms

I have 60 hours in ARMS. I do not have buyer's remorse. However, you are entitled to your opinion.
Games I do regret include Luigi's Mansion 2 and The Sims 3. Neither were my cup of tea.

fuck you i really like it

That's just your post-purchase rationalization.

Just like Sony is the poster child of movie games, Nintendo is literally the poster child of casualized babby games. The company literally has to dumb down every genre available just to make sure even an autistic babby can play it. See:
>BOTW
>MK8D
>ARMS
>Splatoon 2
>Mario x Rabbids
Nintendo Hard no longer applies to modern Nintendo games.

mad cuz bad

Seething.

sorry ur seething friend, do you need an ARMS tutor?