poor controller options make it a bad first experience into the series
like the other guy said the wii u version is miles better

Hit things till they die

Toot toot bitches

>No moga woods night time theme
>shitty small UI
>Textures don't match resolution
I want these IDIOTS to leave

I love Tri for the nostalgia but like everyone said 3Ultimate is the better version. It have twice the content of Tri and at least you have a clasic controler for the Wii it plays atrocious, oh and not online cus capcom killed it.

i meant moga village fuck me

>Not online
>Not G rank and High rank in offline
>No DB, Bow, HH, GL
>Only 14 monsters

Dude Tri was my first MH and I love it as it is but honestly 3U is superior in every way

Seeing the trailers for Monster Hunter World got me interested in the series. So I picked up MH4U, it's pretty fun, what does Sup Forums think about it, how does it compare to the rest of the series.

The classic controller pro is fine

bane is absolutely fantastic, if you enjoy it you'll love 3U as well
gens is also good but a lot of it is retreads from 4, it lacks a G rank and a lot of the added mechanics are very divisive

4U is great

Gen might be newer but 4U is way better in every way. Arguably Gen would be an easier entry point into the series, but it would teach you the wrong way to fight. Enjoy 4U as much as you can to get hyped for world.

I know, but I had a more comfy time in tri...
I put a ton of hours in both and I miss loc lac city
:(

4U is objectively the best game of the saga.

3U is good to but have underwhater combat that is kind of you dont care/you absolute hate it. and in the 3DS doesnt have online.

Gen was a big disapointment after 4U, it ads new gimicks with the styles and the arts that you may like but have in mind that they stay in Gen/XX and wonte get out of there. and lack of content cus no G rank and no high rank in ofline (XX fix alot of things wrong in Gen but is japan only so you need Custom Frimeware to play it and yes there is a translation)

Dont get fooled by nostalfags, everything before 3DS is shit and should be avoided at all cost

I did too user i did too

>everything before 3DS is shit and should be avoided at all cost

You have instantly invalidated everything else you said. Too bad, you made some good points too.

I thought the 4U maps were the worst in the franchise. Also apex and frenzy are pretty bad. post game 140 shit sucks. 3U was much better in terms of atmosphere.

Hit things until they die
Make things out of dead things
Fight harder things with new things
Make newer things out of new dead things
Repeat

not that guy but it's hard to argue that earlier MHs aren't super dated and not at all up to the standards of the newer ones
shit hitboxes, shit AI, shit monster designs (looking at you khezu), less weapons etc.
they have some comfy locations but outside of that there's not much reason to touch them

go to sleep grandpa with your shity hitbox and shity monster (with a couple of exceptions and the elder dragons are cool too)

>3U had better maps
I wont deny that, but 4U is a better game as a whole

>Apex and 140
All problems in the compleatly optional postgame, you only hunt 140 and apex if you have extreme autism for relics and in general. 3U in other hand didnt had a post game farming at all

But what's the story

>You kill big monster
>Monster guild send you to remote island
>Cheaf in island tell you that there is this big meany who is causing earthquakes
>You are not ready cus you are a noob so you need to hunt smaller things before the big meany

Then this until you kill the big bad boy.
Before 2013 there was the online hall too with stronger monster and 3 exclusive online monstersbut capcom closed it.

meanie*

I absolutely love the underwater gameplay

Why do you niggers hate apex and wystones? You know you can still play the game while your wystones are charging right? You know that most Apexes can be broken out of frenzy fairly quickly right? You know 140 GQs are casual filters and that ou have to git gud for real to solo them right?

There are only two games worth playing right now.
3U and p3rd. Everything else has to be played on a shitty handheld with horrible graphics.

I didnt mind it in Tri cus the clasic controler camera was the absolute best.

In 3u in the 3DS was a lil bit anoyng specially in some quest like farming the gold beard ceadeuse solo for his armor, or doing miralis solo

>Buy a Wii U at launch
>game drought
>check for free demo's on the eshop and find MH3U
>DL since there was nothing much else
>No tutorials or explanation on what fuck am I suppose to do
>Plesi's hips made me his bitch
>hated the game at first but didn't wanted to feel defeated
>3 weeks and +50 tries later I beat him

Most satisfying vidya experience ever. You should try MH out OP.

>solo 140 gq's

so this is true autism

>anoyng
I never played 3u, only 4u on the 3DS. I haven't actually played much of the monster hunter series, so I can't judge them much. My first one was freedom unite and I love that game to death

they are not casual filters, they are anoyng at best.

Now super HR100 deviants in XX are the true casual filter in MH (Im looking at you blod lust diablos)

GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING FANBLADE YOU ASSHOLE
STOP GIVING ME GEMS

>shity monsters with a couple of exceptions

did popo baby forget 70% of 4u's monsters áre actually from gen 1 and 2?

and Gen 1 and 2's broken hitboxes aren't even a problem unless you suck horribly

go fucking kill yourself user, you have disgraced this thread with your faggotry

>been soloing g-rank big monsters (akan, ukan, shagaru, etc.) to unlock the texts nstead of having them just sit there while i get level up guild quests
>last one from what i know is the red brachy

when the fuck do i get the subspecies quest that makes this stupid snek into something more than a 45 min dps check?

>THE BEST online port
>Lighting was an actual mechanic
>No key quests
>Event quests were changed weekly to keep you coming back
>LR armor is viable for HR because of upgrades
>Customizable bowgun
>Did I mention is has THE BEST online port?

Quality over quantity. it's why Tri shits all over FU. And it's not to say 3U is bad. It's just Tri is the pincile of the series and 3U is right up there beside it at 2nd place.

>and Gen 1 and 2's broken hitboxes aren't even a problem unless you suck horribly
And you can you learn to drive a car with 4 flat tires and its breaks cut if you take enough time too. Fuck off. Gen 1 and 2 monsters were all dogshit. A flaming pile of broken, copy pasta, dogshit

70% Of The Content Is Gone Because Servers Are Dead: The Game

>no key quests
are you seriously defending meme-requests as a viable way of progression?

you DO know you're still doing a specific set of quests which contain the items you need right? just that this time you're doing them more than once
>customizable bowgun
alot of other games have that, and it's not very impressive
>lr armor viable for hr
of course it is but because the game already made you a fucking tank to begin with so monster damage is not something you have to worry about till g-rank
>Did I mention is has THE BEST online port?
yes you is did do

tri doesn't shit over fu nor 3u
as you made obvious it has 2 or 2.5 things worth cherrypicking and everything else is lacking

>hating tiggy & /ourguy/ khezu

here's your (you)

>meme-request
Oh no, it's retarded

>Damage doesn't matter
Confirmed for not playing Tri.

>Can't refute bowgun customization being a plus.
I accept your surrender.

All you can claim is 'more = better' Tri shines above the others becuase it valued quality over quantity, that's why it scaled everything back and went back to the basics. And it payed off.

>Liking the angry roomba that's just a jobber.
>Using Sup Forums meme.
Are you telling me Khezu is Trump? I can actually see that. Blind and stupid. Flails around constantly to destroying everything. And screams every 5 seconds.

in both tri and 3u you're a damage sponge to the point where you can easily beat high rank with the fucking steel armor

and tri's """quality""" means jack-shit when it's so little
it's like comparing a normal sized serving of fries vs a slightly better serving of 1 individual fries

i get it, it was probably your first monhun and you're nostalgic but it's time to move on

in the history of mh there has never been a single G game that's inferior to it's original non-g version

>Banality the post
The only reason you got hit in 4U or FU was because of the shitty hit boxes and animations for the gen 1 and 2 monsters. Difficulty that is fake and you are upset the series tried to move past that before you threw a bitch fit.

>/ourguy(gal)/ a Sup Forums exclusive meme
you have to go back

>wanting to associate with Sup Forums
NO U

>
>The only reason you got hit in 4U or FU was because of the shitty hit boxes and animations for the gen 1 and 2 monsters.
B8

>4u
>shitty hitboxes
what?

oh i see , you're one of those petty fags who gets so asshurt everytime they get hit and blame the hitbox lmao

But...Tigrex was one of the well-designed Gen 2 monsters.

His hitboxes aren't hilariously broken like some stupid fucking purple bird's are and he's a genuinely fun fight even if his moveset consists of "charge, roar, spin, and throw rock".

not to mention faggot still complains about 4u and in 4u the dumb purple bird has been fixed and is still fun to beat

>Thinking the gen 1 and 2 monsters have good hitboxes even in 4U.
I see you haven't even played those games either.

>aren't hilarious broken
LOL WUT?
youtube.com/watch?v=DiLOx51xdzw

It's boring just like all the other wyverns from gen 1. Charge, roar, spin, fireball.

youtube.com/watch?v=aRlB-d6uj5A

You mean he's been "fixed" here in 4U?

>l see you haven't even played those games either.
reading this smugly as i check my guild card log that says i just soloed the g-rank akantor on my bitchin pink old as fuck 3ds

might post it just to give you a taste of where you'll never get because you're such a fucking casual

>right in front like a retard
>gets hit by it's charge in a millisecond, the garuga stops to do it's spin
>it actually saves him from the spin which would have poisoned him

try fucking harder

So you're going to post someone else's card and claim you did it? Pathetic.

Also
>Not playing with other people
What sort of loser admits to that? Jesus you just keep digging the hole deeper for yourself.

What's wrong with playing solo? Even though I am a 4U babby, I am already calable of speedrunning thanks to my shitty net forcing me to go solo.

>Not playing with other people
>Not soloing bosses first before playing with other people
Casual scum.

i like the challenge and dislike playing with frenchmen
it's 3:10 am here and my firends only have the psp ones

here's to prove i have the game

here's zoomed in

Nice photoshop. The extra blurriness really sells it.

the extra blurriness wouldn't be possible if i used photoshop you retard

i'm using facebook to take pics with my integrated laptop cam

with monsters as enormous like pic related to exist. You have to wonder how big has to be the world they live in. this thing has to eat an entire city to feel satisfied for a day

Its the best when played online. Which Capcom shamelessly took down the servers for.

You're meant to play with 3 of your friends and hunt monstrous things.

maybe they eat once every 100 years. like boas

>He uses facebook
First off, you're a loser for having a facebook account. But you're a real fucking loser for not being able to find people to play if you actually do have a facebook account.

This just hilarious, you either do a photoshop to pretend you solo, you're the ultimate beta who can't make any friends even play MH with.

>High rank locked behind a now defunct online

boas do that? im no expert on sneks

>Fainted two times
>Cats
Being able to solo G-rank Akantor is much better than nothing I guess.

>beta
>for not having facebook
also
>he DOESN'T have a facebook account to chat with his normie friends (because he doesn't have any)
>he only plays online with people he doesn't know
>/vp/osting as a cherry on top

damn dude, look at yourself in a mirror before posting like that.

higher phone res just to spite you incoming

>He thinks having a facebook account is a good thing
>He's a Sup Forums poster too
I can't wait for you less blurry images you got from the internet.

I want to fuck Bianca so bad

I want to fuck YOU so bad.

Still the same picture you took off the internet, but this time cropped differently and less blurry.

Still 100% fake.

Why are you playing this after they shut down the online portion?

Those fucking pancakefags am I right?

>playing MH for online
what the fuck

u serious bra? can u tolerate playing this shit offline?

Gosh user, at least buy me a drink first.

my bad not the boas
The python are the ones that can eat like one whole deer and dont have the need to eat enymore for like weeks or even months.

So maybe big snake eat like a fucking forest every 100 years and then chill

all i can imagine is you awkwardly explaining how you don't have a facebook when anyone who doesn't consider you too hideous wants to keep in contact

>also shoehorns Sup Forums out of nowhere
that's all the time im wasting with you
hope your life gets less sad

Plenty of large cold blooded animals will do that. They get their one kill and their metabolism will let them snooze and "hibernate" while using very little energy. They burn very few calories idling, but they burn a lot of calories when they start moving

>Trying to project your loserdom onto me while rationalizing why you have facebook.
>Can't even defend the fact he posts on Sup Forums
Yes, you should be done.

i guess that explains why shaladamur can exist

And it introduced second best girl

I've had 3U since it came out but just drop it after 10 minutes because the combat is shit, what weapon should I use as a begginer.

>normies don't have facebooks
>that's the mentality on /r9k/

There is no such a thing as "beginner weapond" in MH, maybe the sword and shield. Try every weapond and use the one you feel more confortable with.

yeah duramborous is already as big as a whale
most monsters are alot bigger than we see them as because it's not first person
but your average bulldrome is already elephant-sized

not to mention that sometimes they can be bigger than what the average is suppose to be

>bulldrome

no its not, maybe a bull sice

But you're objectively wrong.

>the quest in 3u that usually has you fighting two huge arzuros

not hard but it's fucking scary

ITT: games women will never understand

Hey bro, can I borrow some of your stuff?

You'll get it back

I promise

literally start up whatever platform you play the games at and stand right next to one

still not as big as an elephant

Tri has the best hunter customization for faces and voices. The female hunter I created could have been a mother to me.

nigger they are tiny as fuck